The Game - Doctor's Advocate (2006)

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
90 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
61 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

RATE
5 BX - Classic 471 34.71%
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended 548 40.38%
3 BX - It's Alright. Not great, but not crap as well 249 18.35%
2 BX - I suggest you stay away from this one 39 2.87%
1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! 50 3.68%
Voters: 1357. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-01-2006, 01:01 PM         #201
thehogue 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
*laughin* at ppl who expected more... wtf u expect lol... i mean damn album is great ... aint nothing to it ... i was like some other ppl like well at first but now its GROWN on me hard i can listen thru the whole cd and replay it again... its that good... and naw im no groupie i just like good music...
 11-01-2006, 01:12 PM         #202
[Word oF MouF] 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
album is the sh*t...he ain't got dre...but so fu*kin what?! this album measures up very well to the documentary...
 11 years ago '05        #203
truflipsoulja 
space
space
$396 | Props total: 0 0
4.4 = Almost an almost Classic...haha....yea production is tight ...needed a second listen to it to like it better....sounds so much better when not listening with earphones...i like banging it on speakers instead.....Album is crazy tho...game didnt disappoint
 11 years ago '05        #204
Tjerson 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,154 | Props total: 1 1
Fav tracks:

Lookin' At You
Too Much
California Vacation
Around The World
Why You Hate The Game
Remedy

But the others are bangers too, 4 Mics out of 5
 11-01-2006, 03:00 PM         #205
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It sound like a west coast album,not a east album which his first one did.
 11 years ago '04        #206
holla@yaboi 
space
space
$169 | Props total: 0 0
i like it, i give it a 4.5
 11-01-2006, 03:21 PM         #207
Swizz2007 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Documentary is better, but this is surprisingly a great album, and it's growing on me. The title song is fu*king ridiculous.
 11-01-2006, 03:31 PM         #208
Tyson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 crookD said:
yall rating this thing way too early. give it a few spins then give your rating. i guarantee if you a groupie youll say you loved but if you aint then your learn to hate the words dre, snoop, ice cube, easy e , nwa, 64 impalas, L.A., Compton, westcoast, bandana etc. it feels like i listened to the same verse for the entire cd.

Whats up wit the Doctors Advocate song doesn't anyone else find it weird listening to this song. he devoted an entire song to another man. i understand 2 or 3 bars but a whole song? and it fu*kin sounds like he cryin and he singin a love song to his exgirlfriend or sum sh*t. dude got it bad for dre. i'll call this song a classic for sho cuz you never gonna hear a grown man make a song like this again.

He is repeseting the West, the name of the fu*kin cd is Doctors advocate so the fact that he mentions dre a lot and speak about dre on the track DA I don't find it weird...its just puting a song together so people who like his music know what he has been through and what the situation between him and dre is right know

Didn't heard the whole album yet cuz I don't wanna spoiled it for my self untill I buy it

Namedropping and words like 64 impalas, L.A., Compton, westcoast, bandana is HIS style damn get over it people..and No you will probably not hear a track like D.A any time soon cuz there are few artist who isn't afraid of doing them self and expresing their real feeling on a track like for exmaple Pac and Em did/do

I don't expect a classic cd but from what I heard so far its defenitly worth the buy..dude did it on his own, going against all the haters and odds.
 11 years ago '05        #209
justindlawson 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,860 | Props total: 0 0
lol at him saying listening to the black album track 1 if it gets him laid....did he notice track one is an Intro? dumb a.ss
 11-01-2006, 04:42 PM         #210
crookD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tyson said:

He is repeseting the West, the name of the fu*kin cd is Doctors advocate so the fact that he mentions dre a lot and speak about dre on the track DA I don't find it weird...its just puting a song together so people who like his music know what he has been through and what the situation between him and dre is right know

Didn't heard the whole album yet cuz I don't wanna spoiled it for my self untill I buy it

Namedropping and words like 64 impalas, L.A., Compton, westcoast, bandana is HIS style damn get over it people..and No you will probably not hear a track like D.A any time soon cuz there are few artist who isn't afraid of doing them self and expresing their real feeling on a track like for exmaple Pac and Em did/do

I don't expect a classic cd but from what I heard so far its defenitly worth the buy..dude did it on his own, going against all the haters and odds.
dont even compare game to pac and em. em did songs for his daughter HIS BLOOD daughter. he dropped a couple lines for dre not and entire song. Pac expressed true political feelins and love for his MAMA. this guy made a song for ANOTHER MAN.

and im tired of hearin thats his style wit the name droppin and sh*t. yall tellin me you could take another cd of this sh*t. and still think he great. for real the only reason anyone likes game or ever liked game is because the WEST COAST. i know all you game stans are regular pac stans too. yall love him cuz his whole image is west coast and every thing he says is west coast. its obviously not because hes a good lyricist. he finds the beats and creates an image for all his stans. and yall still cant see it yall just fall into it.

i'll judge an artist on the strength of his charicter not the image he portrays. pac was a strong dude thats why its hard for a west coast artist to gain respect. Game cant even hold his own word and you givin him the trophy for bringin the west back.
 11-01-2006, 05:01 PM         #211
casketmouth 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
only idiots call this classic or great
rotten apple is just more entertaining to me. Banks has more friendly to the ear songs. Game's delivery has it's choppy moments where he needs work. The songs are really whatever. The lack of Dre and Gunit is very aknowledged... None of the beats are gross and it's to clustered of an album. Nothing makes me wanna go back for a second listen. None of the big producers came through with classic beats. Just more jibberish like all the rest. Nothing influentual or inspirational to anyone but an idea. Sucks dre p*nis too much

Nottz track kinda decent, but the hook is crap like all the rest on the album tho.
Why can't this guy make good hooks huh?! Guess some just can't do it. only track I really feel is the one with busta. Xzibit's album is actually better for the west this year. This Album is a must listen but not a must have.

The Game's done!!!

oh and Bang is garbage. The one thing about dre's albums or his work that makes peoples albums sound great...they don't sound like they are from NO coast. It's just music. This album has got that style that keeps the west down. Unconsistent rythms in the beats and too much synth. I just thought of that.

Last edited by casketmouth; 11-01-2006 at 05:04 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #212
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 truflipsoulja said:
4.4 = Almost an almost Classic...haha....
what the fu*k??

n*ggas coming up with new verbage to describe albums
 11 years ago '04        #213
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 justindlawson said:
lol at him saying listening to the black album track 1 if it gets him laid....did he notice track one is an Intro? dumb a.ss
I was thinking that sh*t and I was gonna let him slide but since you said something..........that n*gga was dumb for that. And he needs to get off of Hov's nuts too. He really needs to decide whether he wants to go at him or not. He knows he wants to diss him so he should just go ahead and jump out there.
 11 years ago '04        #214
slimthug226 
space
space
$317 | Props total: 12 12
game came hard on this
made me wanna throw up the west side!!!
 11 years ago '04        #215
street_dreamin 
space
space
$795 | Props total: 0 0
he says dr. dre's name every other line....never seen a mc sweat another artist/producer like this n*gga....lol
 11 years ago '05        #216
C19932 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,791 | Props total: 78 78
 street_dreamin said:
he says dr. dre's name every other line....never seen a mc sweat another artist/producer like this n*gga....lol
whos that in your ava
 11 years ago '05        #217
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
i really liked it.

two favorite songs:

doctor's advocate
california vacation

both produced by Jonathan "J.R." Rotem. I've never really followed producers too much, but dude's beats are hard. Gonna check some more of his sh*t out.

Last edited by I'm The Dan; 11-01-2006 at 08:26 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #218
bdizzle316 
space
space
$504 | Props total: 1 1
The album is pretty good to me, considering no Dre or help from 50. He does sound like Dre on a couple of tracks, don't know if that's intentional or what, but I swore that was Dre on the 1st track. And the "Dre dropping" does get annoying. Production is good, Game's lyrics are better than I expected, but his hooks aren't great.

Feeling:
It's Okay (one Blood)
Scream On 'Em
One Night
Doctor's Advocate
Ol' English
Cali Vacation

But The Documentary > Doctor's Adovocate
I give it about a 3.5/5

Last edited by bdizzle316; 11-01-2006 at 08:58 PM..
 11-01-2006, 08:53 PM         #219
S X L 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Production is tight, even if there's no Dr. Dre on it...you should know Jonathan "J.R." Rotem also does some background sh*t on Dre's beats...notice those tracks kinda have the old school Dre feel?

Also that mothafukka swizz beats, in how many more tracks is he gonna use that crowd chant or whatever...this is like..the 3rd one ive heard.
 11 years ago '04        #220
bdizzle316 
space
space
$504 | Props total: 1 1
And by the way, WHAT IS THE ACTUAL WHOLE STORY ABOUT WHY GAME LEFT (or isn't with) AFTERMATH? The beef with 50? Not listening to Dre/Em? What?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
37 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago