is it good to do push ups everyday??

most viewed right now
 148
NBA Magic Johnson Says Dangelo Isn't A Leader & Players Don't Want To Play Wit..
100 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 92
Image(s) inside That Pink Panty Wearin Homo Killa Pam Aka Flee Only Rapper That Aint P..
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 77
NFL colin goatpernick plans to leave the nfl
258 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 69
I really cant tell, Is this Ronda Rousey with implants or not?
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10-24-2006, 12:03 PM         #1
9860 pageviews
24 comments


ga2384 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is it good to do push ups everyday??
 

 
I don't got a gym for now so I been doing like 300 push ups a day so I was wondering if it was good to do push ups everyday or should I give my body a rest and do it every other day

24 comments for "is it good to do push ups everyday??"

 10-24-2006, 12:49 PM         #2
ILLmag 7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
300 pushups a day i think is way too much....do like 100 every other day
 10-24-2006, 06:57 PM         #3
Gurvinder  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you need to allow your body to rest. Its critical for growth
 10-24-2006, 07:31 PM         #4
jerzj75  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
300 hundred a day is good, but you do have to give your muscles days off to rest. I would take the weekends off and maybe one more day a week, or on the other day do some squats and lungs, you don't need weights to do them, and they do alot of good. In prison we would do 750 pushups and 100 pull ups a day. Good sh*t.
 11 years ago '04        #5
Bake Beatz 
space
space
space
$713 | Props total: 0 0
300 a day is alot..

150 every other day your scraight
 10-29-2006, 09:46 AM         #6
ps2va  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it depends on whether your going for endurance or muscle mass. if oyur going for muscle mass than every other day with other chest workouts included, but if your going for endurance than every day helps your chest endurance.
 10-29-2006, 03:57 PM         #7
pimpslickback  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
y ask advice on this website? everyone has a different opinion and u never know if one of em fat or one of em swole u never gon kno exactly wut to do from this site
 11 years ago '98        #8
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$30,094 | Props total: 2222 2222
<--- if you want arms like that, nix the pushups and hit the weights heavy. Pushups will do nothing to put on muscle mass. Theres just not enough progressive resistance to trick your body to grow. Youre just working on muscular endurance with 300 pushups a day. Of course, I'm a bodybuilder (really dont like that term) at heart, so I'll sacrifice muscular endurance for size anyday. If you play competitive sports on the side, then muscular endurance will go a long way. I just lift for the asthetic value, ie. for show.
 11 years ago '05        #9
Fillo 
space
avatar space
space
$1,138 | Props total: 0 0
 Ocho Cinco said:
<--- if you want arms like that, nix the pushups and hit the weights heavy. Pushups will do nothing to put on muscle mass. Theres just not enough progressive resistance to trick your body to grow. Youre just working on muscular endurance with 300 pushups a day. Of course, I'm a bodybuilder (really dont like that term) at heart, so I'll sacrifice muscular endurance for size anyday. If you play competitive sports on the side, then muscular endurance will go a long way. I just lift for the asthetic value, ie. for show.

Im with this guy, I also pretty much work out for show...not to be better @
sports etc
But I still do pushups everyday.....do they help shape your body?
 10-30-2006, 10:29 AM         #10
Bang 0n Em  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ocho Cinco said:
<--- if you want arms like that, nix the pushups and hit the weights heavy. Pushups will do nothing to put on muscle mass. Theres just not enough progressive resistance to trick your body to grow. Youre just working on muscular endurance with 300 pushups a day. Of course, I'm a bodybuilder (really dont like that term) at heart, so I'll sacrifice muscular endurance for size anyday. If you play competitive sports on the side, then muscular endurance will go a long way. I just lift for the asthetic value, ie. for show.

:applause: :applause: :applause:


ronnie>>>hulk hogan
 11 years ago '06        #11
Cary 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,041 | Props total: 44 44
i dont think so either
 11 years ago '04        #12
Jussn Kredible 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$3,406 | Props total: 58 58
workin the same muscles constantly will dramatically slow ur results, switch it up...pull ups, dips, squats, pushups, crunches..u can do all that without machines
 11 years ago '06        #13
sportyankz 
space
avatar space
space
$1,455 | Props total: 0 0
^ wat he said
 11 years ago '06        #14
Dead Prezidents 
space
avatar space
space
$2,028 | Props total: 2 2
 jerzj75 said:
300 hundred a day is good, but you do have to give your muscles days off to rest. I would take the weekends off and maybe one more day a week, or on the other day do some squats and lungs, you don't need weights to do them, and they do alot of good. In prison we would do 750 pushups and 100 pull ups a day. Good sh*t.
You're in prison right now?
 11-06-2006, 05:30 PM         #15
JediKnight'sSon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bake Beatz said:
300 a day is alot..

150 every other day your scraight

You can do 150 pushups every 8 hours, with no ill effects.

Like my man Daddy's Home says...Recovery depends on Intensity and Volume

endurance training = short recovery time

hypertrophy training = generally 24-72 hours....depending on which muscles you are working, how many sets, how much rest time in between sets etc.


But yeah...like the other dudes said, bodyweight excercises are pretty much a waste of time. Get a bench, barbell and some plates.

Even for athletics, they're a waste of time.

Strength, and Speed/Explosive training with weights > bodyweight excercises with tons of reps
 11 years ago '04        #16
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 840 840
 Dead Prezidents said:
You're in prison right now?
i think he was talking in the past tense
 11-13-2006, 12:19 AM         #17
dvd07  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JediKnight'sSon said:

You can do 150 pushups every 8 hours, with no ill effects.

Like my man Daddy's Home says...Recovery depends on Intensity and Volume

endurance training = short recovery time

hypertrophy training = generally 24-72 hours....depending on which muscles you are working, how many sets, how much rest time in between sets etc.


But yeah...like the other dudes said, bodyweight excercises are pretty much a waste of time. Get a bench, barbell and some plates.

Even for athletics, they're a waste of time.

Strength, and Speed/Explosive training with weights > bodyweight excercises with tons of reps
Roy Jones Training regime included NO weights...he would do situps and pushups religously
 11-13-2006, 11:51 AM         #18
talon9333  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its not go to do any workout every day do them every other if u want thats what i do
 11 years ago '04        #19
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
avatar space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
yeah, i used to do ad push up 5-7 days a week

it did good for me

but ive been going to the gym for about 2 months now, working chest, bi's, tri's, back, shoulders, everyday something new

and i see better results

but if youre limited to push ups, why not do 'em ya know
 11 years ago '04        #20
kaph_een 
space
avatar space
space
$487 | Props total: 1 1
i do pushups everyday.

i just pull out a stack of cards and use the suit and number on the card.

monday, wednesday, and friday I do pushups with my hands on the floor. if it's hearts, i put my left hand higher up than my right hand (like staggered pushups)...if it's a spade, i do the opposite...if it's a diamond, i do that many diamond pushups...if it's a club, i do that many on my knuckles.

on tuesday, thursday, saturday and sunday, i put my hands on these pepsi two liter crates i got from work. i just do the amount listed on each card. no different hand positions, just straight pushups.

it gets boring just doing the same amount each day and that's why i started using the card method. i really like it. you don't have to go through the entire deck, just do as many as you feel happy with. i also don't like to take breaks between cards; it just kinda subtracts from the endurance benefit.


Last edited by kaph_een; 11-15-2006 at 07:52 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 65
Video inside So that is what fidget spinners are for...
54 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 38
Jessica Wong
67 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Video inside 15 Reasons You're Poor and The Rich Aren't (List Included)
153 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside Jun 22 - Road Rage in Cali triggers chain reaction accident
92 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside Treach says who killed 2pac
184 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 18
NBA Footage of Lonzo Ball workout with Lakers :whoa:
262 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 15
audio inside DJ Khaled - Grateful (Official Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 6/23
152 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Article inside Rocko's Modern Life is really coming back!!!!!!!!
70 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy