is it good to do push ups everyday??

most viewed right now
May 2 - New street drug called "W18" starts hitting US. 10,000X's stronger tha..
93 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 Cent Is In Serious Trouble For making Fun of a Mentally Handicapped..
416 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kanye Kardashian
151 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Why the NFL do Trent Richardson like this? #NFL DRAFT
17 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-24-2006, 12:03 PM         #1
8886 pageviews
24 comments

ga2384 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is it good to do push ups everyday??

I don't got a gym for now so I been doing like 300 push ups a day so I was wondering if it was good to do push ups everyday or should I give my body a rest and do it every other day

top in section
7 comments
top in wild'ish
top in section
3 comments
top in tech
top in section
4 comments
top in news

10-24-2006, 12:49 PM         #2
ILLmag 7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
300 pushups a day i think is way too much....do like 100 every other day

10-24-2006, 06:57 PM         #3
Gurvinder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you need to allow your body to rest. Its critical for growth

10-24-2006, 07:31 PM         #4
jerzj75 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
300 hundred a day is good, but you do have to give your muscles days off to rest. I would take the weekends off and maybe one more day a week, or on the other day do some squats and lungs, you don't need weights to do them, and they do alot of good. In prison we would do 750 pushups and 100 pull ups a day. Good sh*t.

10 years ago '04        #5
Bake Beatz 
space
space
space
$713 | Props total: 0 0
300 a day is alot..

150 every other day your scraight

10-29-2006, 09:46 AM         #6
ps2va 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it depends on whether your going for endurance or muscle mass. if oyur going for muscle mass than every other day with other chest workouts included, but if your going for endurance than every day helps your chest endurance.

10 years ago '06        #7
pimpslickback 
space
space
$2,346 | Props total: 0 0
y ask advice on this website? everyone has a different opinion and u never know if one of em fat or one of em swole u never gon kno exactly wut to do from this site

10 years ago '98        #8
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$29,878 | Props total: 150 150
<--- if you want arms like that, nix the pushups and hit the weights heavy. Pushups will do nothing to put on muscle mass. Theres just not enough progressive resistance to trick your body to grow. Youre just working on muscular endurance with 300 pushups a day. Of course, I'm a bodybuilder (really dont like that term) at heart, so I'll sacrifice muscular endurance for size anyday. If you play competitive sports on the side, then muscular endurance will go a long way. I just lift for the asthetic value, ie. for show.

10 years ago '05        #9
Fillo 
space
space
$1,137 | Props total: 0 0
 Ocho Cinco said:
<--- if you want arms like that, nix the pushups and hit the weights heavy. Pushups will do nothing to put on muscle mass. Theres just not enough progressive resistance to trick your body to grow. Youre just working on muscular endurance with 300 pushups a day. Of course, I'm a bodybuilder (really dont like that term) at heart, so I'll sacrifice muscular endurance for size anyday. If you play competitive sports on the side, then muscular endurance will go a long way. I just lift for the asthetic value, ie. for show.

Im with this guy, I also pretty much work out for show...not to be better @
sports etc
But I still do pushups everyday.....do they help shape your body?

10-30-2006, 10:29 AM         #10
Bang 0n Em 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ocho Cinco said:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

ronnie>>>hulk hogan

9 years ago '06        #11
Cary 6 heat pts
space
space
$998 | Props total: 16 16
i dont think so either

9 years ago '04        #12
Jussn Kredible 38 heat pts38
space
space
$3,380 | Props total: 2 2
workin the same muscles constantly will dramatically slow ur results, switch it up...pull ups, dips, squats, pushups, crunches..u can do all that without machines

9 years ago '06        #13
sportyankz 
space
space
$1,455 | Props total: 0 0
^ wat he said

9 years ago '06        #14
Dead Prezidents 
space
space
$2,028 | Props total: 1 1
 jerzj75 said:
300 hundred a day is good, but you do have to give your muscles days off to rest. I would take the weekends off and maybe one more day a week, or on the other day do some squats and lungs, you don't need weights to do them, and they do alot of good. In prison we would do 750 pushups and 100 pull ups a day. Good sh*t.
You're in prison right now?

11-06-2006, 05:30 PM         #15
JediKnight'sSon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bake Beatz said:
300 a day is alot..

150 every other day your scraight

You can do 150 pushups every 8 hours, with no ill effects.

Like my man Daddy's Home says...Recovery depends on Intensity and Volume

endurance training = short recovery time

hypertrophy training = generally 24-72 hours....depending on which muscles you are working, how many sets, how much rest time in between sets etc.

But yeah...like the other dudes said, bodyweight excercises are pretty much a waste of time. Get a bench, barbell and some plates.

Even for athletics, they're a waste of time.

Strength, and Speed/Explosive training with weights > bodyweight excercises with tons of reps

9 years ago '04        #16
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$18,853 | Props total: 89 89
 Dead Prezidents said:
You're in prison right now?
i think he was talking in the past tense

11-13-2006, 12:19 AM         #17
dvd07 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JediKnight'sSon said:

You can do 150 pushups every 8 hours, with no ill effects.

Like my man Daddy's Home says...Recovery depends on Intensity and Volume

endurance training = short recovery time

hypertrophy training = generally 24-72 hours....depending on which muscles you are working, how many sets, how much rest time in between sets etc.

But yeah...like the other dudes said, bodyweight excercises are pretty much a waste of time. Get a bench, barbell and some plates.

Even for athletics, they're a waste of time.

Strength, and Speed/Explosive training with weights > bodyweight excercises with tons of reps
Roy Jones Training regime included NO weights...he would do situps and pushups religously

9 years ago '06        #18
talon9333 
space
space
space
$328 | Props total: 0 0
its not go to do any workout every day do them every other if u want thats what i do

9 years ago '04        #19
Scan 52 heat pts52
space
space
$6,807 | Props total: 25 25
yeah, i used to do ad push up 5-7 days a week

it did good for me

but ive been going to the gym for about 2 months now, working chest, bi's, tri's, back, shoulders, everyday something new

and i see better results

but if youre limited to push ups, why not do 'em ya know

9 years ago '04        #20
kaph_een 
space
space
$486 | Props total: 0 0
i do pushups everyday.

i just pull out a stack of cards and use the suit and number on the card.

monday, wednesday, and friday I do pushups with my hands on the floor. if it's hearts, i put my left hand higher up than my right hand (like staggered pushups)...if it's a spade, i do the opposite...if it's a diamond, i do that many diamond pushups...if it's a club, i do that many on my knuckles.

on tuesday, thursday, saturday and sunday, i put my hands on these pepsi two liter crates i got from work. i just do the amount listed on each card. no different hand positions, just straight pushups.

it gets boring just doing the same amount each day and that's why i started using the card method. i really like it. you don't have to go through the entire deck, just do as many as you feel happy with. i also don't like to take breaks between cards; it just kinda subtracts from the endurance benefit.

Last edited by kaph_een; 11-15-2006 at 07:52 PM..

Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Western Conf. Semifinals // (2) San Antonio Spurs vs (3) OKC Thunder
1592 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX Detectives : Lex Luthor's painting
30 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Would you Bury your dick in her as-hole? Cosplay/Gamer chick
140 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside That flexability :leodatass:
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kicks you thought were hot, but years later realized they were crap an..
243 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Black Ink chicks got Stiff Neck...is it Tats effect?
104 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Crazy, money grubbing ex wife of HOH Sanders wants to go to court for free
62 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside How to buy a used car
19 comments
2 days ago