Oct 21 - Young Jeezy Doesn't Understand Why "America Is So Ashamed" Of Him

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
205 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Favorite "Trapper" Turned Rapper

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #1
6058 pageviews
86 comments

4Chun500 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 559 559
Oct 21 - Young Jeezy Doesn't Understand Why "America Is So Ashamed" Of Him

Young Jeezy is gearing up for the release of his sophomore album The Inspiration due out on December 12th via Island Def Jam/Corporate Thugz Entertainment.

Jeezy, whose real name is Jay Jenkins, recently watched his single "I Luv It" debut in the #1 spot on Billboard's Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.

"I really feel like that too," Jeezy told SOHH exclusively, about his single. "A n*gga ain't takin that sh*t lightly, that's how I really feel. A lotta n*ggas just rappin' to be rappin', but I mean that. I'm really trying to get a point across for real, music means something to me. I'm not sittin' in a wood box, or in a cell; I'm still alive, still here able to be me and I love everything about that. Every motherfu*ker that ever supported me, I love that sh*t."

While Atlanta favorite DJ Toomp provided the beat for "I Luv It," Jeezy was reluctant to disclose other album appearances.

"I guess I could give you three, Ludacris, R. Kelly, Keyshia Cole and Three 6 Mafia - that's four, the rest will have to be unannounced," Jeezy told SOHH.

Like its predecessor Thug Motivation 101, The Inspiration will continue to speak to Jeezy's core street audience.

"At the end of the day it all boils down to -- if it wasn't goin' on I couldn't speak on it. I don't understand why America is so ashamed of me. Nobody was trying to help me, nobody is trying to help the people in the street. sh*t is going on for real and I'm trying to concentrate on us. People are still out there going through the same things I went through, and that's what I cater to. I came from that," Jeezy stated.

Jeezy confirmed that he recorded over 100 songs in preparation for The Inspiration, 14 of which will appear on the final album.

"I just like to work," Jeezy told SOHH before explaining that a leak of his previous album pushed him to take added precautions. "I didn't want what happened the first time to happen again, I'd have to hurt somebody. n*ggas got hold of my sh*t, one of the interns, and sh*t leaked two weeks early. It kinda fu*ked me up. It's cool, I still did 2 million, now I'm trying to go back out and get it again."

With fourth quarter releases expected from Jay-Z, Nas, Snoop Dogg and The Game, The Inspiration will be competing with some big contenders in hip-hop, but Jeezy says he's not at all concerned.

"Everybody got their own lane...everybody got their own fan base so to speak so I'm definitely not worried," Jeezy said.

Jeezy also addressed The Game's "I made room for Jeezy" mention of him in the lyrics to "It's Okay (One Blood)."

"I'd've felt different if it was different circumstances but he's one of those n*ggas when he fu*ks with a n*gga that's what it is. We always do that. n*ggas try to take sh*t and run with it, but I don't look at it like that. I talk to the n*gga, he always down south. When I shouted him out on the record I did last year, he called me and said 'good lookin'," Jeezy said.

Jeezy will also be entering the fashion world this winter. His 8732 line hits stores December 1st, just a little over a week before The Inspiration comes out.

"I got a real line," he told SOHH, "jeans, garments, sweat pants, sweat tops, the whole get up."

Look for Young Jeezy's sophomore LP to come out by the end of the year.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.sohh.com/artic .. icle.php/10051: image

86 comments for "Oct 21 - Young Jeezy Doesn't Understand Why "America Is So Ashamed" Of Him"

10-21-2006, 06:17 PM         #2
EXODUS DIED 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol for some reason i cant take jim jones and young jeezy seriously lol its like there in on the joke. but they make heat tracks.
 11 years ago '05        #3
4Chun500 10 heat pts10 OP
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 559 559
Yeeaaahh!!!!!!!!!!
 10-21-2006, 07:07 PM         #4
BrassMonkeyXP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jeezy is real
 11 years ago '05        #5
EDF 
space
space
space
$158 | Props total: 0 0
I respect they grinds. They came from the hood, TI and Jeezy didn't have an high school education but still grinded. But real n*ggas jam real sh*t, so Jeezy on some real sh*t, TIP on some real sh*t, game on some real sh*t, its just music though, at the end of the day, we all go home and chill with out fam so we all know they say fu*k em.
 11 years ago '04        #6
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
only reason y i dont give jeezy any credit is cause of the message he tryin to portray or make like its okay to do.... and thats selling drugs.or so called trappin.... i mean if u really wanted to get a message out to ya fans or kids as u say then u change what u rap about...... we all kno he got skill... but do he got content..........nope.. living in the hood, selling drugs , fu*kin bi*ches is not all life has to offer... and it sad how his fans and supporters dont realize that shyt....
 10-21-2006, 07:44 PM         #7
DeezAtl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mason1stDegree said:
only reason y i dont give jeezy any credit is cause of the message he tryin to portray or make like its okay to do.... and thats selling drugs.or so called trappin.... i mean if u really wanted to get a message out to ya fans or kids as u say then u change what u rap about...... we all kno he got skill... but do he got content..........nope.. living in the hood, selling drugs , fu*kin bi*ches is not all life has to offer... and it sad how his fans and supporters dont realize that shyt....
so true!:applause:
 10-21-2006, 07:47 PM         #8
atlsuburbs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
iz jeezy tha next tupac....... but i lik jeezy he do rap bout tha truth.

i bet that fashion line gona b firre.
 10-21-2006, 07:50 PM         #9
alienfinder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jeezy pretty good
 10-21-2006, 07:51 PM         #10
atlsuburbs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mason1stDegree said:

aint nobody representin drugs..errybodi knows their drugs out there im tired of ppl blamin wat ppl promote..
wen its their choice to do drugs n go around k!llin ppl..if i lived the life lik jeezy i would want ppl to kno wat i did to get by and how hard it was for me..thats wats wrung wif ppl today dont lik to hear tha truth bout nuttin n then we gota hide tha truth cuz its not appropiate for the kids.
 10-21-2006, 08:05 PM         #11
POMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
when it come out
 11 years ago '04        #12
Twizted Bone 
space
space
$8,813 | Props total: 7 7
 atlsuburbs said:
aint nobody representin drugs..errybodi knows their drugs out there im tired of ppl blamin wat ppl promote..
wen its their choice to do drugs n go around k!llin ppl..if i lived the life lik jeezy i would want ppl to kno wat i did to get by and how hard it was for me..thats wats wrung wif ppl today dont lik to hear tha truth bout nuttin n then we gota hide tha truth cuz its not appropiate for the kids.
well that and because kids can sample that flavor from the next 30 joe blows that just got in the game
 11 years ago '04        #13
space
space
 atlsuburbs said:

just from what u said i can tell you a fan.....

using the old cause and effect defense aint going save no1 from the truth....

yes people k!ll people and yes people use drugs..... that still doesnt make up for the fact that all he raps about is drugs... and the drugs he sold..or the people he supposedly k!lled... etc etc...

Jeezy is apart of whats wrong in the first place...... if u wanna use that arguement....he sold drugs so he contributed to the problem.....and?????/ u can't sit her and say that what he raps about is ok in any fashion....

thats the shyt i hate seeing when ppl try to defend him.....dude brings that shyt on himself...... not the other way around....
 10-21-2006, 08:26 PM         #14
atlsuburbs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mason1stDegree said:

yes people k!ll people and yes people use drugs..... that still doesnt make up for the fact that all he raps about is drugs... and the drugs he sold..or the people he supposedly k!lled... etc etc...

Jeezy is apart of whats wrong in the first place...... if u wanna use that arguement....he sold drugs so he contributed to the problem.....and?????/ u can't sit her and say that what he raps about is ok in any fashion....

thats the shyt i hate seeing when ppl try to defend him.....dude brings that shyt on himself...... not the other way around....
im not tryin to argue wif u or b a fan..its jus lik my mum says wat ur sayin rap musik is bad blah blah drugs k!llings..b4 rap their were drugs and k!llings so...if i sold drugs i would want to tell ppl bout my life n wat i did to get to where i am now..but im not sayn ur wrung
 10-21-2006, 08:29 PM         #15
VENEY_GUNS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good read.ima keep supportin dat n*gga jeezy cuz he IS one of da few rappers still keepin it real nowadays
 11 years ago '04        #16
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,505 | Props total: 747 747
 Mason1stDegree said:

Basically...the more you hear about drugs and violence, the more society sees it as normal...10 years ago you would be shocked to hear about a 10 year old k!llin someone, now its common...kids see/hear this sh*t and think its "normal"...its what everyone does...n*ggaz become immuned to the effects...Its gone from tellin stories about ghetto in hopes of stopping the violence/drugs to promotin violence/drugs to sell records under the premise that if we speak about how we live, it'll change... im Not sayin Jeezy is the sole contributor but n*gga doesnt help stop the cycle...on another note, n*gga ad libs is crazy...
 11 years ago '04        #17
jerrondis 
space
space
space
$26 | Props total: 0 0
Hmmmmmm!! Interesting!!
 11 years ago '04        #18
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
jeezy da truth
 11 years ago '04        #19
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
I don't even like jeezy...

Bleh.
 11 years ago '04        #20
space
space
 atlsuburbs said:
im not tryin to argue wif u or b a fan..its jus lik my mum says wat ur sayin rap musik is bad blah blah drugs k!llings..b4 rap their were drugs and k!llings so...if i sold drugs i would want to tell ppl bout my life n wat i did to get to where i am now..but im not sayn ur wrung

no beef or arguein....i find arguin wit jeezy fans is pointless cause it goes nowhere......but we cool

of course there were drugs and k!lling etc etc.... b4 it hit rap music...

but u fail to realize the influence on pop culture that hip hop has.. and if it portrays something negative... bets be sure down the line the influences of it will affect the masses.........
causing all sorts of drama

jeezy not the only 1 contributing to the issue.. its alot of people in the industry.. but this article was talkin bout jeezy specifically, and i gave my opinion on it...

now to get back to all fans who support jeezy..... just cause you see drugs and k!llings all around you doesnt make or justify his music as not being negative or having an negative image..its still negative music.... now where in any of his music does he sit down and say sellin drugs is bad... or don't sell drugs to the kids or don't be like me....do the right thing...etc etc.. or anything else positive............. (at least i aint heard anything.... dude content is very limited IMO..i can count the number of subjects he rapped about on one hand...... and its less than 5.......)

but im not tryin say you gotta be positive to make a change.... but where has even attempted to do spread a positive message about what hes done or imaged around him etc etc???

NONE...........
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy