Nas is overrated.... His music is boring as hell.. fu*k would i listen to him for?

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
238 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
229 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-25-2006, 02:10 AM         #101
Scribbler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's not that I don't like Nas. I think he's got skills on the mic.

But he contradicts himself all the damn time.

One song, he's talking about educating kids and how young girls needs to respect themselves. Next song, he's talking about "shorty shake that a$$ and I'll let you wear my chain". One song he's talking about unity in the Black community and how we need to come together as a people and change our ways. Next song, he's in the club talking about shooting somebody up for bumping into his pimp cup. One song, he's asking for a "moment of silence" and an end to black on black crime. Next song, he's on his ol' thug sh!t talkin' about k!llin a brother whose quick to back down. Dude has no idea whether he wants to be a conscious rapper or a thug and I can't take him seriously for real. All he has to do is stick to one train of thought...hopefuly the positive and motivational one....and he'd be good!

But I'll give him credit tho. He's not as bad as DMX.

Typical DMX Album:
Track 1:
"stab! stab! FUC-A-HO IN HER EYE SOCKET TIL HER NOSE BLEED! GUNS! stab! stab! stab! k!ll! murder! DIE! DIE! DIE! BLOOD! GRRRRRR...BARK! BARK! N!GGAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Track 2:
"Let us pray......."

Track 3:
RAPE! r*pe! YOU DIE NOW! DIE! DIE! DIE! DEAD! GUTS! BLOOD! MACHETES IN YO' A$$HOLE! SUCK MY D!CK! B!TCH! stab! stab! stab! stab! CHAINSAWS! GRRRRRRRRRR.....BARK! BARK! D! M! X! RYDE OR DIE! N!GGAAAAAAA!

10-25-2006, 02:57 AM         #102
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
YA young dumb fu*k rather listen to chain hang low or chicke noodle soup ya need man up fukking clown reason ny fell off is f*g**ts running around wearing pink claiming sets and c*ck sucking so fall back.... ya dont know good shyt ya use to that bull-shyt
 10-25-2006, 02:01 PM         #103
Splittin Wigz 2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k nas
 10-25-2006, 02:24 PM         #104
mygangstalean  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man take that picture of jesus wearin that gay sh*t off ur avy man

i cant stand lookin at that

it aint even funny like u intended it to be

and fu*k all the nas haters
 10-25-2006, 02:24 PM         #105
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scribbler said:
It's not that I don't like Nas. I think he's got skills on the mic.

But he contradicts himself all the damn time.

One song, he's talking about educating kids and how young girls needs to respect themselves. Next song, he's talking about "shorty shake that a$$ and I'll let you wear my chain". One song he's talking about unity in the Black community and how we need to come together as a people and change our ways. Next song, he's in the club talking about shooting somebody up for bumping into his pimp cup. One song, he's asking for a "moment of silence" and an end to black on black crime. Next song, he's on his ol' thug sh!t talkin' about k!llin a brother whose quick to back down. Dude has no idea whether he wants to be a conscious rapper or a thug and I can't take him seriously for real. All he has to do is stick to one train of thought...hopefuly the positive and motivational one....and he'd be good!

But I'll give him credit tho. He's not as bad as DMX.

Typical DMX Album:
Track 1:
"stab! stab! FUC-A-HO IN HER EYE SOCKET TIL HER NOSE BLEED! GUNS! stab! stab! stab! k!ll! murder! DIE! DIE! DIE! BLOOD! GRRRRRR...BARK! BARK! N!GGAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Track 2:
"Let us pray......."

Track 3:
RAPE! r*pe! YOU DIE NOW! DIE! DIE! DIE! DEAD! GUTS! BLOOD! MACHETES IN YO' A$$HOLE! SUCK MY D!CK! B!TCH! stab! stab! stab! stab! CHAINSAWS! GRRRRRRRRRR.....BARK! BARK! D! M! X! RYDE OR DIE! N!GGAAAAAAA!

In all honestly though how can you be an emcee without condradicting yourself......if your looking for the same songs with the same topics and the same style then go listen to some 3-6mafia or paul wall sh*t.....if you cant write what you feel and offer diversity at the same time then your not an emcee nor an legend.......The dude is a concious rapper but he also grew up in that enviroment so even though he is a peaceful cat he still has it in him to fu*k a dude up who disrespects him......not something I can agree with it...but thats who he is......and not just him....any great rap artist of our time has done nothing but contradict themselves......because they have the ability to not only strive on what they feel at that time but to put it down on paper and not be scared to spit it in fear of what others might think......Pac was proabably the greatest at doing that. So give the brother some slack.....because there is no way you can be a REAL artist and not have 2 different points of views to write about....

And I consder myself to be an emcee.....with the ability to write about anything, anytime, anyplace and still have it sound more doper then 99 percent of the songs any artist puts that sticks to one main topic....for instance.....Young CHeesy....and I wanted to make a song about selling drugs.....my sh*t would be 5 times better then that sh*t....because I have that ability to write if that makes sense
 10-25-2006, 02:29 PM         #106
mygangstalean  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah i totally agree with dos effect, as a rapper i know that sh*t is all true, i find myself contradicting myself all the time in my music
 10-25-2006, 08:15 PM         #107
Splittin Wigz 2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I Got Army Guns!!!!!
 10-25-2006, 09:06 PM         #108
Surfinfool  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas' albums are fire
 11 years ago '06        #109
93G4Life 
space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
Nas!!!!
 10-26-2006, 03:39 PM         #110
Scribbler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
In all honestly though how can you be an emcee without condradicting yourself......if your looking for the same songs with the same topics and the same style then go listen to some 3-6mafia or paul wall sh*t.....if you cant write what you feel and offer diversity at the same time then your not an emcee nor an legend.......The dude is a concious rapper but he also grew up in that enviroment so even though he is a peaceful cat he still has it in him to fu*k a dude up who disrespects him......not something I can agree with it...but thats who he is......and not just him....any great rap artist of our time has done nothing but contradict themselves......because they have the ability to not only strive on what they feel at that time but to put it down on paper and not be scared to spit it in fear of what others might think......Pac was proabably the greatest at doing that. So give the brother some slack.....because there is no way you can be a REAL artist and not have 2 different points of views to write about....And I consder myself to be an emcee.....with the ability to write about anything, anytime, anyplace and still have it sound more doper then 99 percent of the songs any artist puts that sticks to one main topic....for instance.....Young CHeesy....and I wanted to make a song about selling drugs.....my sh*t would be 5 times better then that sh*t....because I have that ability to write if that makes sense
Ok...valid argument. I can't sit here and act like contradictions isn't an all-too-common part of hip-hop. I too consider myself and emcee. I spend a lot of time writing down what I feel and, no ego intended, I feel that I do a decent job at it because I treat it like a job, a 9 to 5. I work HARD to make sure my lines are as they should be. And I realize that different moods call for different lyrics. When I'm feeling nostalgic or relaxed, I'll write a peaceful rhyme about my childhood or a party or something. When I'm mad about something, I'll write some sh!t down that'd make Eminem himself be like "Dude.....that's just not right....calm down." And I also agree with what you said about Nas being a conscious rapper but coming from the environment where he would fuc a n!gga up if the situation called for it.

BUT....you have to admit that Nas has been doing it to an extreme for a while now. Remember that song he did a year or so ago called "**** Picnic"? Where he disses Tiger Woods and (albeit justifiably so) UPN sitcoms? This is the guy that dropped such "jewels" as "You Owe Me" and "Oochie Wally". This is the guy that dropped "Ether" (scathing, hate-filled diss) and "One Mic" (call for peace and unity) on the same album. Where does he get off calling Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant "coons" who "don't do nothing for the hood" when he left his own boys in the hood and won't even acknowledge them? Where does he get the nerve to call ANYONE a "****" when he willfully contributes to the "coonery and buffoonery"?
 11 years ago '05        #111
mjkickz15 
space
space
$123 | Props total: 0 0
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh someone how doesnt understand lyricism......so young and i guess ur gonna tell us that lil wayne is the worst rapper in the game huh?
 11 years ago '05        #112
mjkickz15 
space
space
$123 | Props total: 0 0
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh someone who doesnt understand lyricism......so young and i guess ur gonna tell us that lil wayne is the worst rapper in the game huh?
 10-29-2006, 08:25 PM         #113
Splittin Wigz 2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 11 years ago '06        #114
chuckdirty 
space
space
space
$588 | Props total: 13 13
 Splittin Wigz 2 said:
sh*t is boring and puts me to sleep... hes one of the reasons new york fell off
:sleepy:
u cant be serious??
 11 years ago '05        #115
tupac18 
space
space
space
$130 | Props total: 0 0
LIL KIDS
 11 years ago '05        #116
Boogieman8736 
space
space
$49 | Props total: 0 0
How you going to say Nas is trash, lol at people that don't regonize true mc's
 11-14-2006, 09:31 AM         #117
watevaweneva  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cshirah said:
Nas is trush... it's bad when a dead man (tupac) is still releasing dis songs about this kat and he has been dead for 10 years.
is this boy serious??
 11-14-2006, 09:47 AM         #118
mikepromis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas is actually an artist. He takes it a step further every ablum. Look back to illmatic, the same kid that wrote about 'moving like a cheetah, with thoughts of an a.ssassin' later wrote 'one more dance with you mama'. That's expansion and growth as an artist and a man. He's a legend, and currently, in all reality, is the king of New York. His flow has never lost it's edge in his career, and quite frankly, I don't ever see him falling off. Year after year, he releases quality material, without ever really giving in.
 11 years ago '05        #119
LuDerCriS 
space
space
$832 | Props total: 0 0
lol....NaS will have album of the year.....lol yall nigg@z is clowns to say he's not nice .... trash??? im out .... seems like if ur not a early 80'z baby u have no sense

Last edited by LuDerCriS; 11-14-2006 at 09:52 AM..
 11 years ago '06        #120
little_ionic 
space
space
$93 | Props total: 0 0
He's an up and down artist at best...3 songs out of 15 you're sure to bang and the rest will be something you listen to passing time or clipping toe nails, no impact.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy