The Official Boston Celtics Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-22-2007, 10:12 PM         #161
Skin Boi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dis is Garbage...5th pick i wanted durant got dammit
 05-25-2007, 12:37 PM         #162
s0uThSiDe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 s0uThSiDe said:
whos it gonna be durant or oden?
:banghead:
 05-30-2007, 02:20 AM         #163
DaRealDjMumBleZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo did the celtics really tank the end of the season to get first pic but end up gettin screwed for tryin to cheat the system? ahahahhaa
 11 years ago '07        #164
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
damn. the celtics are gonna suck for more years to come. the celtics needed oden, or durant more than any other team in the nba. fu*ked up where losing on purpose got them. watches the old school bostob celtics dynasty dvd box set.
 06-01-2007, 06:21 PM         #165
gfhgfhgfh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who you think the celts is gonna get for 5th pick?
 11 years ago '05        #166
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,064 | Props total: 6969 6969
Al Thornton - Draft Workout Interview

Celtics.com
June 7, 2007

Al Thornton met with the media after his draft workout on Thursday. Here's a partial transcript of his interview.

How did it go today?

"I think I did pretty well. I didn't shoot the ball as well as I wanted to but overall I think I did OK."

What do you think you bring to the pros? What is the highlight of your game?

"I'm a high energy player who plays hard every possession."

You really improved every year from your freshman year to your senior year. What was the key to your improvement?

" I think the key was just wanting to get better each and every year. We had a great coaching staff that pushes us, and drives us to add something to our game every year."

Is this your first workout?

"I worked out for Sacramento...

So you worked out with Corey?

"Corey, that's my guy. When we step out on the court we're just trying to compete and have fun...even though he's a Florida guy."

Has anything about the process surprised you so far?

"Not really. I have coaches who have coached in the NBA, they've been letting me know pretty much everything that's going to go on."

How has going to four years of college prepared you for the NBA?

"I think so, I think playing in the ACC for four years, it's been good."

Are there teams that you see that fit your style of play?

"I'd say a team that fits my style would be Phoenix. But I know there's no way I'll get picked up by them."

Can you see yourself fitting in here with the Celtics?

"Sure, I can."

Do you like playing against the same guy, workout after workout?

"I know Corey is not going to back down, he's going to bring it and I know its going to be fun and very competitive."

You're known as an offensive guy and he's known as a defender. Is that a nice matchup?

"Yeah, it is."

What's your scouting report on Brewer from a defensive standpoint?

"Great defender...quick and long, so you've got to attack him, get into his body. He's just a heady defender."

- Compiled by Peter Stringer
 11 years ago '05        #167
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Corey Brewer - Draft Workout Interview

Celtics.com
June 7, 2007

Corey Brewer met with the media after his draft workout on Thursday. Here's a partial transcript of his interview.

Corey Brewer heads to the hole against Celtics Director of Player Development Mike Crotty during Thursday's workout.

Is this your first workout?

"No, it's my second workout, I worked out for Sacramento on Tuesday in Orlando."

How is the process going for you?

"It's just a grind, really. It's a tough workout and teams wants to see what you can take. I've worked out against some tough guys, like Al Thornton and Wallace."

How did you do?

"I felt really good about this workout. It was a good workout."

Was it similar to what you did for the Kings?

"It was a lot different, I did a lot of different stuff. This is more competitive, we did more two-on-two, one-on-one stuff. "

What are you trying to show in these workouts?

"Just that I can score a little bit and I play hard all of the time."

How's the elbow? Looked like you got hurt?

"I hit my funny bone a little bit, my arm went numb and my hand was weak, but I'm alright."

Do you like going up against other guys in these workouts?

"I'd rather have it be more competitive. That's my personality, I like to be competitive. For me, being competitive is a lot more fun."

Do you wish there were more than four players here? Do you think you might show better in a scrimmage situation?

"This is fine with four guys. You play two-on-two, one-on-one, either way, I just love to compete so it doesn't matter to me."

How would you describe your game?

"I play hard on the defensive end. I can score, but I'm kind of awkward."

When you say awkward, in what way?

"I'm a skinny guy, so I can slip through and make moves. But I get it done."

Would you say you're more advanced or NBA ready on the defensive end?

I feel like I am more NBA [ready] on the defensive end than the offensive end. But that's what I'm doing right now, working on my offense."

What have people told you to work on?

"Being able to create my own shot and shooting off the dribble."

Do you take pride in your defense?

"I take a lot of pride in my defense. That's what's gotten me to where I am today, having the chance to get drafted high, so I have to take pride in my defense."

Where does that come from, because for so many guys your age, defense is kind of an afterthought...

"If you want to play, you've got to learn to do something. When I was a freshman in high school, I wanted to play and my coach was always stressing defense. I knew the only way I was going to get on the court was if I played defense."

Are there any NBA guys who you see yourself being like?

"I like Tayshaun Prince and Josh Howard a whole lot. I try to emulate their games a little bit. And I like Luol Deng. I like his game a lot. He has a nice midrange game."

Are you concerned about your body being NBA ready? Has anyone said anything to you about bulking up?

"They always talk about bulking up, but it's basketball and you've just got to be able to play basketball. I feel if I can go out there and play basketball the way I know how to play, I'll have a chance to play."

- Compiled by Peter Stringer
 11 years ago '07        #168
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
gerald green needs to go somewhere else where he can flourish as a player. kendrick perkins is a.ss.:thumbsdow
 06-28-2007, 11:58 PM         #169
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 29, 2007
C's chime in
By Gary Dzen, Boston.com Staff

BOSTON GARDEN -- Danny Ainge got the hard question out of the way first.

“We think Ray Allen is a great player and has a lot of good basketball left in him,” Ainge said when asked about his new acquisition’s recent injuries. “We had some concerns, but our medical staff checked. He’ll be ready to go by training camp. It’s really hard to add an All-Star caliber player.”

Ainge said publicly Wednesday it was “unlikely” the Celtics would make a deal during Thursday’s draft, but Boston made the biggest deal of the night, landing seven-time All Star Ray Allen and the No. 35 pick for the No. 5 pick, Wally Szczerbiak, and Delonte West.

“I thought it was unlikely we would make a trade at 6:30 tonight,” said Ainge.

Did Seattle accept somebody different to make the deal work?

“Yes,” Ainge acknowledged.

Despite days of rumors filled with half-truths (or none, depending who you ask), Ainge insisted this was the only deal the Celtics were ever close to completing.

“This is the only legitimate deal because the others were just conversations," he said.

During those conversations, Ainge said he made one thing clear: Al Jefferson, Rajon Rondo, and Paul Pierce were players he did not want to part with. The deal also appeased Pierce’s longstanding request to bring in another veteran.

“This is something we’ve been trying to do,” said Ainge of keeping Pierce happy.

The Celtics have played the youth card each of the past three seasons, insisting this group of players would make the playoffs with a little more experience. Ainge made his first public declaration countering that philosophy Thursday.

“This team, they have no excuses,” he said. “I’m not saying our team is perfect. It’s not a perfect fit right now. We have some more work to do this summer.”

# Ainge also gave a quick analysis of Boston’s two second-round picks:

-- No. 32 Gabe Pruitt: “Pruitt’s really athletic. He’s got great juice, great spring. A nice jump shot.”

-- No. 35 Glen Davis: “Glen Davis was a 20 and 10 guy in college. He’s got a lot of potential. If he keeps himself in shape and works hard, he can be a nice forward.”

# Celtics coach Doc Rivers stood with his arm seemingly linked to Ainge during a press conference following the draft.. He praised Allen’s play, work ethic, and veteran leadership.

“He’s a top 25 player in this league,” Rivers said just as Allen was calling in to the coach’s cell phone. The two had talked earlier. “He’s thrilled to death to be coming here.”
 06-28-2007, 11:59 PM         #170
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
#
June 29, 2007
Telfair update
By Gary Dzen, Boston.com Staff

In response to a question about Boston’s point guard situation and the status of Sebastian Telfair (the Celtics also have Rondo and the rookie Pruitt on their roster), Ainge directed the query to Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck:

“Sebastian and I talked after I talked to him [the first time, following a gun charge],” said Grousbeck. “He’s on the roster. It’s a long time until November. We’ll see what happens.”

# Grousbeck also had the quote of the night at the Garden. The Celtics owner walked out of the locker room following the press conference and was handed a bag of athletic socks with NBA logos:

“I went to the lottery and all I got was a bag of socks,” Grousbeck joked.
 06-29-2007, 12:00 AM         #171
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 28, 2007
Celtics land Ray Allen
By Shira Springer, Globe Staff

Choosing veteran talent over youth, the Celtics completed a trade with the Seattle SuperSonics during the NBA draft last night, acquiring 31-year-old shooting guard Ray Allen and the No. 35 overall pick in exchange for small forward Wally Szczerbiak, point guard Delonte West, and the No. 5 pick.

Selecting for Seattle, Boston picked Georgetown forward Jeff Green at No. 5. Seattle general manager Sam Presti confirmed the deal midway through the first round.

‘‘Boston really pursued this,’’ Presti told reporters in Seattle. ‘‘What started as a smaller conversation became fulfilled. Their pursuit was impeccable.

‘‘We’re thrilled to have [No. 2 pick] Kevin [Durant], but at the same time to make the decision to move a player and a person like Ray Allen was tremendously difficult.’’

Allen gives the Celtics one of the best shooters in the game, though scoring has not been a problem for the team. While Paul Pierce may be smiling knowing the Celtics listened to his long-held preference for an experienced player, it remains to be seen how the All-Stars will work as teammates. Both Pierce and Allen like the ball in their hands. The other question about Allen concerns his health, considering he underwent surgery on both ankles in early April to remove bone spurs.

‘‘I wasn’t surprised,’’ said Allen, who learned yesterday that a Seattle-Boston deal was becoming increasingly likely. ‘‘I took it in stride. I know the team has been floundering in the Northwest the last couple seasons. It almost seemed appropriate for a change at this point. It seems like this organization is heading in a different direction.’’

With regard to playing alongside Pierce, Allen, when reached by telephone last night, added, ‘‘I’m a chameleon. I’ll adapt wherever I go. One of my best attributes is to a.ssess the situation and not try to force my personality on the team. I know it’s Paul Pierce’s team. I just want to fit in and make the team better the best I know how.’’

While Allen has averaged 21.5 points over a 10-year NBA career and shot 45 percent from the field, including 45 percent from 3-point range, the seven-time All-Star believes he can contribute more than offense.

‘‘There’s more to me than the ability to shoot it,’’ said Allen, who has three years worth $52.2 million remaining on his contract. ‘‘It’s about being professional and doing your job every day. I can teach young players to step up and be great at their jobs. I can [be a part of] providing leadership, giving Paul that help.

‘‘We both can score, but I don’t think we have to have the ball in our hands to score. I can score without the ball. I look at scoring in different ways. The ball doesn’t have to be in my hands. I have a responsibility when I’m on the floor to know what every other player can do and put them in good situations.’’

But the true value of the trade may be in what Boston avoided giving away. The Celtics still have Theo Ratliff’s expiring contract and Al Jefferson. Prior to the draft, executive director of basketball operations Danny Ainge acknowledged that he planned to remake the Celtics during the offseason. The draft undoubtedly marks the start of a makeover that could stretch until training camp.

With big-name players such as Kevin Garnett, Jermaine O’Neal, and Shawn Marion still available, the Celtics kept a.ssets that could attract teams such as Minnesota, Indiana, and Phoenix. Garnett could resurface as a possible addition with the courtship of the Timberwolves forward beginning anew July 1. The addition of Allen could make Garnett look at the Celtics’ situation differently than before the draft, when he was reluctant to join Pierce and a collection of young talent.

While news of the trade and the acquisition of Allen did not excite fans gathered for the team’s draft party last night at TD Banknorth Garden, the combination of, let’s say, Pierce, Allen, and Garnett certainly would. But if Boston still has Garnett in its sights, the team will face tough competition from several other teams. The combination of Pierce, Allen, and Jefferson perhaps will be a slight improvement from last season. Obviously, adding a third veteran piece would set the stage for a significant leap.

Other aspects of the deal that should not be overlooked are the fact that Ainge needed to unload one of the remaining members of the draft class of 2004 that included Jefferson, West, and Tony Allen. With Ainge reluctant to part with Jefferson, and Allen recovering from knee surgery, West was the logical choice. Second, with West gone, it appears Sebastian Telfair may have reentered the good graces of the Celtics, at least to some extent. Telfair now stands as Boston’s backup point guard to Rajon Rondo, though coach Doc Rivers always leaves starting jobs open to competition during camp.

There is also the strong fan base Allen carries from his days at the University of Connecticut.

Healing well from his ankle surgeries, Allen hopes to spend some time in September working out at UConn in preparation for training camp. Until then, he will give his body as much time as possible to recover. Allen expects to be 100 percent when camp starts in October.

When asked for predictions about how the Celtics will fare next season, Allen said, ‘‘That’s a hard question. It’s not always about the team. It’s also about the league. I’ll reserve judgment.’’

NBA observers will do the same when it comes to the Celtics, especially since the acquisition of Allen may be a prelude to bigger deals.
 10 years ago '05        #172
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Pruitt, Davis second choices ; Pierce happy

Gabe Pruitt watched the NBA draft from the stands at Madison Square Garden. He figured he'd hear commissioner David Stern call his name, and indeed, the talk beforehand was that he had a promise from someone in the first round.

Instead, Pruitt, a point guard from Southern Cal, heard deputy commish Adam Silver call his name when he was picked by the Celtics at No. 32, the second selectio of the second round.

If he was upset, it didn't show.

"I thought I'd be going to Detroit at 27," he said. "But they picked my good friend Arron Afflalo [from UCLA]. After that, I didn't know what was going on, so I was just sitting here, waiting patiently."

"No idea," he said. "I just found out a couple minutes ago. It was a surprise to me. I had no contact with them at all."

Pruitt left USC after his junior season and was honorable mention in the Pac-10 Conference. He averaged 12.5 points and 4.3 a.ssists a game for the Trojans.

"It's a big relief that I've been selected now," he said. "It's a long waiting process. Just going through this was new to me and my family, and we learned a lot of new things and met a lot of great people. I don't regret any of it."

He said he has played against Paul Pierce in the legendary pickup games at UCLA, although he has never spoken to the Celtics' captain.

"I'm sure in the next couple days I'll get to know him very well and meet him," Pruitt said.

Before the draft, coach Doc Rivers said size was the Celtics' biggest need. That would explain why Boston had Seattle select Glen "Big Baby" Davis with the No. 35 pick acquired in the Ray Allen deal.

"We're real excited to get those guys in the second round," said Ainge. "Gabe Pruitt and Big Baby have great upsides.

"Pruitt is really athletic. He's a point guard with length, 6-4, long arms. He's kind of a tweener guard right now. He could play on a court with a Rajon [Rondo] and he could also play lead guard and handle the ball. Glen Davis was a [20-point, 10-rebound] guy in college and has a lot of potential. If he keeps himself in shape and works hard, then I think he's got a chance to be a really nice forward. He rebounds the ball with a big body. He's a great passer. He has a good feel and great feet. There's a lot of things he can do on the court."

Pierce 'thrilled'
Ainge spoke with Pierce last night and said the captain was "thrilled to death" and "very excited" about the acquisition of Allen, a seven-time All-Star. Ainge also claimed that adding Allen was not a change in direction for the franchise, but rather part of an ongoing effort to win with Pierce in his prime. "This is something we've been talking about [doing] for a year, to try to take advantage of this window of opportunity with a player we think is one of the best Celtics that's ever put on a uniform in Paul Pierce," said Ainge. "We want to maximize his career. We want to surround him with more veterans and more talent. That's what we've been trying to accomplish." . . . Watching the post-draft press conference with Ainge and Rivers at the podium, co-owner Wyc Grousbeck was asked about the status of Sebastian Telfair. The point guard who was charged with possession of a loaded weapon when caught speeding in mid-April looks like he could work his way back into the Celtics' good graces. "Sebastian is on the roster," said Grousbeck. "Sebastian and I talked shortly [after the incident]. It's a long way to November and we'll see what happens.". . . Newest Sonic Kevin Durant, last night's second overall pick, weighed in on the Allen trade. "Ray Allen is a great player and it would have been fun learning from him, but Delonte West and [Wally ] Szczerbiak are not bad at all, great players, looking forward to playing with them," said Durant. "Jeff [Green] is from D.C., so it's going to be an easy transition knowing those guys. I can't wait." Reminded that on Wednesday he said he couldn't be seen as a savior because Allen was still with Seattle, Durant added, "I knew you were going to say that. When you play since you were 8 or 9 years old, you know the game is not a one-man sport. I'm far from being a savior. I'm just trying to contribute to the team as much as I can."

Shira Springer reported from Boston, Peter May from New York.
 07-30-2007, 12:37 PM         #173
s0uThSiDe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Garnett agent in 'serious discussions'

The Celtics and the Timberwolves could reach agreement on a deal that would bring Kevin Garnett to Boston as early as this afternoon, according to league sources. Executive director of basketball operations/GM Danny Ainge would send Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff and Sebastian Telfair to Minnesota in exchange for Garnett. But as of this morning, there still remained issues on the table to negotiate, not least of which is the player option worth $24 million that Garnett holds for the 2008-09 season.

When trade talks between Minnesota and Boston took place before this year’s draft, the option plus Garnett’s hesitancy to play in Boston, as relayed through his agent Andy Miller, were considerable sticking points. The Celtics did not want to part with Jefferson and his long-term potential if Garnett would stay in Boston for just one season. If Garnett agrees to take his player option as a condition of the trade, the Celtics also will likely look to come to reasonable terms on an extension as another condition of the deal.

“There are serious discussions in place,” said Miller this morning.

When asked about the option as well as Garnett’s willingness to play in Boston, Miller added: “Part of the discussion that is taking place is addressing those issues as well as others to see if the destination makes sense for all parties. Everything is part of the overall picture as to how to bring this to a conclusion or go in a different direction.”
 07-30-2007, 02:11 PM         #174
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rondo
Allen
Pierce
KG
Perkins

We still got the rookies this year and Ryan Gomes, Tony Allen etc
 07-30-2007, 04:27 PM         #175
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pretty sure its Official... I know the real Celtic fans.. The ones still reppin last year and everything..
 10 years ago '04        #176
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,376 | Props total: 11668 11668
Omg Im So Geeked Now I Cant Wait To Till The Season Chea!!!!!!!!!!!
 10 years ago '98        #177
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,192 | Props total: 3577 3577
heres hoping a major earth quake hits the USA, and plate tectonic shifts Boston to the West coast. bi*chs
 10 years ago '04        #178
J Cakeoff 
space
space
$369 | Props total: 0 0
 RakimAllahNY said:
Pretty sure its Official... I know the real Celtic fans.. The ones still reppin last year and everything..
fu*k THAT! They were bums last year. How do you give up trying to win in the middle of the second quarter. And BOOO!!! to Doc Rivers. Staring at your team and shaking your head isn't coaching. Hope they win the championship this season. :D

Last edited by J Cakeoff; 07-31-2007 at 03:59 PM..
 07-31-2007, 04:04 PM         #179
s0uThSiDe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Get your KG

Kevin Garnett No. 5 jerseys are already for sale on Celtics.com. No word on whether Doc or Danny will wear one to the press conference...
 07-31-2007, 05:38 PM         #180
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn Jesus Shuttlesworth, The Truth and the Big Ticket.. Damn sh*t is POPPIN
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy