The Official Boston Celtics Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
104 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
89 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #141
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,085 | Props total: 6985 6985

[pic - click to view]

A little bird at Reebok told me that Gerald will indeed be pumping his shoes before each dunk, ala Dee Brown. And yes, Reebok will be paying per pump.

For more details on his dunk preperation, see Shira's article from today's Globe, including this:

For that reason, no detail has been overlooked in his preparation. Following a morning shootaround last week, Green and Paul Pierce spent 15 minutes perfecting a bounce between the legs from the foul line. The ball must come off the floor hard enough to hit a spot on the backboard just left of the square, and with a certain amount of pace. With the perfect bounce, Green can collect the rebound for an easy dunk. After a handful of bounces, Green and Pierce discussed angles, speed, power, and timing in a way that would make a physics professor proud.

Also in the Globe:

Quote of the day goes to Celtics slam dunk contest representative Gerald Green. The second-year swingman was asked if he had anybody with the team helping him screen his dunks. His reply was priceless.

"A lot of people are, but I'm the GM right now. I make all the decisions on my dunks. I'm the Danny Ainge of my dunks right now."

02-14-2007, 08:57 PM         #142
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Junior G said:

[pic - click to view]

A little bird at Reebok told me that Gerald will indeed be pumping his shoes before each dunk, ala Dee Brown. And yes, Reebok will be paying per pump.

For more details on his dunk preperation, see Shira's article from today's Globe, including this:

For that reason, no detail has been overlooked in his preparation. Following a morning shootaround last week, Green and Paul Pierce spent 15 minutes perfecting a bounce between the legs from the foul line. The ball must come off the floor hard enough to hit a spot on the backboard just left of the square, and with a certain amount of pace. With the perfect bounce, Green can collect the rebound for an easy dunk. After a handful of bounces, Green and Pierce discussed angles, speed, power, and timing in a way that would make a physics professor proud.

Also in the Globe:

Quote of the day goes to Celtics slam dunk contest representative Gerald Green. The second-year swingman was asked if he had anybody with the team helping him screen his dunks. His reply was priceless.

"A lot of people are, but I'm the GM right now. I make all the decisions on my dunks. I'm the Danny Ainge of my dunks right now."

Wow why the hell do they give the players such hideous shoes to wear. wtf is that.
 11 years ago '05        #143
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space

[pic - click to view]

something for us Boston fans *please be quiet for a moment of silence*
 11 years ago '05        #144
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Allan Ray a.ssigned To The D-League smmfh

The Boston Celtics announced today that they have a.ssigned rookie guard Allan Ray to their NBA Development League affiliate Austin Toros.

02-20-2007, 04:19 PM         #145
shatso  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gren Oden or Durant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
 11 years ago '05        #146
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
4 Game Losing Streak..............:sad:
 02-26-2007, 07:18 PM         #147
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Powe is starting.. FINALLY... We need this n*gga. I met him a couple weeks ago around Cleveland Circle.

Oh yeah no T-Mac or Yao

02-26-2007, 07:19 PM         #148
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
are you kidding me :rolleyes: if yall dont beat the bucks.... yall are gonna lose 28

whats gonna happen to the sixers, celtics, bucks, grizz, etc if durrant and oden stay 2-3 years

There not going to stay, MAYBE Oden but I still doubt it. Durant is gone. And our team is good anyway, Green, Rondo, Gomes, Powe, Jefferson, Pierce etc. Were just young
 03-09-2007, 08:45 PM         #149
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jefferson is putting on A SHOW 2n, Got damn.. Bassy playing crunch time minutes too
 11 years ago '05        #150
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
It's official, Doc gets 2 year extension!

APRIL FOOLS!

Sorry guys, couldn't resist. =]
 11 years ago '05        #151
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
When the fu*k did we get Kevinn Pinkney?
 11 years ago '04        #152
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,344 | Props total: 11264 11264
sebastian telfair cannot shoot for sh*t, shoulda hit that.
 11 years ago '05        #153
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
he should be in the NBDL...............
 11 years ago '05        #154
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
C's Join Students at Southwest a.ssISTS Clean Up Day

ROXBURY - Delonte West may be afraid of worms, but he's not afraid to get his hands dirty and make an a.ssist in the community.

West and Leon Powe surprised a group of eighth grade students at the Lewis Middle School in Roxbury on Thursday afternoon, lending a hand and a few shovels as well during the school's replanting of a special garden in front of the building.

The Lewis Middle School was one of 14 Boston-area schools that participated in beautification projects sponsored by the Boston Celtics and Southwest Airlines as part of Southwest Airlines a.ssISTS Clean Up Day.

04-30-2007, 12:26 AM         #155
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Patriots got lucky, now lets see if Tommy Heinson can bring us some luck and bring home Durant or Oden
 05-01-2007, 02:09 AM         #156
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Home > Sports Coverage > Celtics & NBA > Boston Celtics

[E-mail article to a friend] E-mail [View Printable Version] Printable [View Most Popular] Popular Add to your del.icio.us del.icio.us
Summer’s no vacation: What Celtics players say they need to work on most this offseason
By Steve Bulpett
Boston Herald Sports Reporter
Tuesday, May 1, 2007 - Updated: 01:11 AM EST

It is a given that the Celtics [team stats], as constituted, are just not good enough. To that end, they will be altering the roster with a high draft pick and/or a trade (singular or plural) before next season.
But changes alone won’t be enough. Those who return must get better. With that in mind, here is a rundown of what the players believe they most have to improve upon over the summer.
RYAN GOMES -- “I want to be better at defending from the 3 spot. I’ve worked on my shooting range there, and I want to be able to guard the smaller forwards better.”
GERALD GREEN -- “Probably my defense. I’m going to watch film, play in pickup games and just try to do something every day defensively.”

AL JEFFERSON -- “Muscles. I want to add muscle. I need to get stronger, so I’m going to work on my body.”
KENDRICK PERKINS -- “I’m going to lose some weight, and I want to work on being able to stick the 15-foot jump shot. I’ve got to be able to finish all my shots around the basket when I get the opportunity.”
PAUL PIERCE -- “I always want to get better defensively. I think I’m an underrated defender when I put my mind to it. Just get back to doing the things I was doing early in the year and be better mentally. At this point in my career I pretty much think I am what I am. I want to be a better team player, better leader, better in my everyday approach to the game. Those are the little things I can always improve on as I enter my 10th year in the league.”
LEON POWE -- “I just want to make sure I can have confidence in my jump shot. I need to work on a lot of things, but getting a jump shot so I can keep teams honest is maybe the most important that I can work on in the summer.”
THEO RATLIFF -- “Being able to play.”
ALLAN RAY -- “I want to improve my handle. I’ve got to get better with the ball and improve my playmaking ability.”
RAJON RONDO -- “My pull-up jump shot. I’ve got to do a better job of hitting the shot that opens up for me.”
BRIAN SCALABRINE -- “I’ve got to transform myself into a better three-man, so I can help the team out there. Right now I’m a four-man who can’t really play the three. I want to be able to play both positions.”
WALLY SZCZERBIAK -- “I think for me I’ve just got to be able to get out there and stay healthy. This year was tough as far as that’s concerned, so I just want to work hard and get ready to play.”
DELONTE WEST -- “I just want to get better at creating plays with my right hand. I want to be able to be effective going right as much as I go left. I don’t think teams are playing me to go left, but I want to be more effective at getting to my shot and making plays going right.”
TONY ALLEN -- He had already left for Chicago, but, according to the club, jobs one, two and three for Allen are all getting his knee back in shape.
 05-01-2007, 02:09 AM         #157
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
C’s made moves on Randy
By Mark Murphy
Boston Herald Sports Reporter
Tuesday, May 1, 2007 - Updated: 01:15 AM EST

Randy Moss’ love of basketball was once as well-known as the receiver’s proclivity for bad behavior.
And back in the summer of 1999, following the newest Patriot’s rookie NFL season in Minnesota, Celtics [team stats] general manager Chris Wallace had an interesting idea of how to “spice up” the Celtics’ summer league team.
Moss, who played basketball at Dupont High in West Virginia was in the habit back then of saying how much he loved the game.
So why not put him in Celtics green for the summer, Wallace thought.
Kansas City tight end Tony Gonzalez had been an NBA-worthy power forward at the University of California, and played for an NBA entry team in the Los Angeles Summer league in 1998.

“We had a couple of conversations with his agent at the time,” Wallace said yesterday of Moss. “I think there was even some interest from his agent, but it never went anywhere. I just remember that he had been considered a very good player in high school, and he was always talking about his desire to play.
“If it had worked out, it would have spiced things up for us a little bit.”
Wallace, also a native West Virginian, had never seen Moss play. As a 6-foot-4 swingman he was twice named West Virginia’s Mr. Basketball (1994, ’95). In 1993 he also won the state’s high school track titles at 100 and 200 meters.
Moss, who also drew some attention in baseball as a center fielder, clearly had that rare ability to excel in whatever he chose.
“All I know is that he won Gatorade’s slam dunk of the year while he was in high school,” Wallace said. “I never saw him, but I knew some college recruiters who had, and they were very impressed. If he had played in college he probably would have been in the swingman’s role. You know, a ‘3’ who could definitely get to the rim.
“It’s something that would have been a little different, if we had been able to do it.”
 11 years ago '05        #158
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
If Durant is in is Gerald out???
 05-01-2007, 03:39 PM         #159
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't know.. I guess it depends on what else they need. I mean Pierce or Gerald one of them is obv a goner.. Depends on the offers I would guess.
 05-03-2007, 08:54 PM         #160
s0uThSiDe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whos it gonna be durant or oden?
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
90 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy