Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #121
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,077 | Props total: 6975 6975
^^^ you suck
 11 years ago '05        #122
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
CAPTION THIS!!!!!!

[pic - click to view]

Wally: "when i was an all-star back in the 2002....I used to..."
Pierce: "Wait wait....You were an all-star????"
 11 years ago '05        #123
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Tony Kornhesier wins the award for biggest idiot of the day.
He said.."I would rather see MJ stand on the floor and smoke a cigar than see Gerald Green do a 720 dunk".
 11 years ago '05        #124
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space

"Tony Allen said that if Green nailed the "crazy" dunk he has planned, it will go down as "one of the top 10 in history."
 02-06-2007, 05:06 PM         #125
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We gotta get a win.. As much as I want Durant we gotta do this sh*t and end it tonight vs Pistons
 11 years ago '04        #126
R-Geezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$978 | Props total: 1 1
 Junior G said:
CAPTION THIS!!!!!!

[pic - click to view]

Wally: "when i was an all-star back in the 2002....I used to..."
Pierce: "Wait wait....You were an all-star????"
 11 years ago '05        #127
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
A No-Look Back: Dee Brown Relives the 1991 Dunk Contest

By Peter F. Stringer
Celtics.com
February 6, 2007

[pic - click to view]

16 years after his famous "No See Dee" slam that won the 1991 NBA All-Star Dunk Contest in Charlotte, NC, Dee Brown says he's still got three different dunks that nobody's ever seen before.
Dee Brown - 1991 Slam Dunk Contest Winner

Dee Brown became a household name with his famous no-look stuff at the 1991 Slam Dunk Contest. Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE/Getty

So the only question is, could he still pull them off today?

"I could pull them off, but you'd have to pull me off the floor afterwards," Brown joked. "After all these years, I've still got a few dunks that people haven't tried before."

These days Brown juggles a hectic life, splitting time between Connecticut and Florida, shuttling between gigs as an NBA analyst for ESPN and the Community Ambassador for the Orlando Magic. He also runs a state of the art basketball training facility in Orlando. But Brown still remembers the '91 contest vividly, and he's excited to see Gerald Green compete with Tyrus Thomas, Dwight Howard and defending champ Nate Robinson in this year's dunk contest at All-Star Weekend in Las Vegas.

Brown is especially interested in this year's Slam Dunk contest for two reasons. Since he works for the Magic, Howard is breathing down his neck looking for dunk ideas for next weekend's Slam Dunk contest in Las Vegas. But Brown says his allegiance is torn between the team he works for and the Boston Celtics, the team that drafted him and for which he played over seven seasons.

Brown still follows the Celtics and thinks that Green has a great shot to win the contest.

"I've seen him do some amazing dunks this season so I was happy when he got into the contest," said Brown, who says that Green's dunking style reminds him of two-time dunk contest champion Harold Minor.

"He has such quick hops," said Brown. "He reminds me a little bit of Jordan how he gets up so quickly, or Jason Richardson. But I think Harold Minor is the guy who really comes to mind. Minor was just a power dunker but he jumped so high with windmills, 360s, and things like that."

Brown's interested to see what Green has in store for fans when he tries to become the second Boston Celtics player to win the contest since Brown claimed the title in 1991.

Outside of Boston, Brown was a relative unknown coming into the contest as a rookie, but he did have a reputation as a dunker after winning a dunk-off at the Orlando Classic pre-draft camp the previous spring.

Said Brown, "When my name came up, it was like, 'A Celtic in the dunk contest?'"

Green, who did two stints in the D-League last season and is now getting his first significant stretch of playing time at the expense of injuries to Paul Pierce and Tony Allen, is also something of an unknown on the national scene. But that could all change if Green wins the contest.

Green's been telling reporters that he's got a dunk ready that people will never forget if he pulls it off, but he's remained tight-lipped about what exactly he has up his sleeve for Vegas. He's certainly had plenty of input from Pierce, Allen and others who all want to see Gerald make a name for himself. Brown even suggested that he may call up Green and pass along one of his secret dunks.

Then again, back in Brown's day, he was getting inspiration from unlikely sources.

"The guys who helped me the most were Kevin [McHale] and Larry [Bird]. And I was like, 'you guys haven't dunked in five years and you're going to teach me how to dunk? You can't even dunk anymore!' Brian Shaw, Kevin Gamble, Reggie Lewis and those guys weren't giving me pointers, it was the old guys."

Still, despite all of the planning, Brown says that pumping up his Reeboks and going with the no-look slam were ideas that came to him during the contest, and his showmanship instincts took over.

"That was the first time I'd tried that dunk, during the contest. It just came to me right before that dunk. It just popped in my head that I needed to do something special, a signature dunk that people would remember me by," Brown said. "Everybody remembers Dominique's windmill, Jordan taking off from the foul line, and Spud Webb since he's so small. So I needed something that people were going to talk about."

It certainly worked. Brown's dunk was immortalized on posters that graced bedroom walls all over the country, and he became synonymous with the Reebok Pump, when the only shoe in town was something called the Air Jordan. Once a low-profile rookie who played about 20 minutes a game alongside The Big Three, Dee Brown became a household name.

And when the Celtics hit the road the following week, autograph seekers who found the Celtics team bus buzzed past Bird and McHale and made a Deeline, if you will, for Brown.

"Larry said after the contest, 'Everybody wanted to dunk like Dee and not shoot like me anymore.' Winning the dunk contest put me in a separate category; it was something that had never been done by a Celtic," Brown said.

And despite the dunk contest's perceived irrelevance to actual basketball skill development, Brown says that winning the contest helped him become a more confident player.

"It really gave me confidence that I belonged here. Nobody knew who I was but I ended up having a great rookie year and coming in third in the Rookie of the Year voting, and my game improved after that contest," said Brown.

"Guys were giving me respect and hopefully it will do the same for Gerald if he wins that contest. It should roll over into him being a more confident player, knowing that he's accomplished something that very few players can."

Last edited by Junior G; 02-08-2007 at 07:58 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #128
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Rondo reigns supreme in new NBA role, thanks to mom

Feb 8, 2007 01:05 PM

By Connie Leonard

(INDIANAPOLIS) -- It was a certainly a loss, but never a surprise, for Kentucky Wildcat fans when standout Rajon Rondo left for the NBA after his sophomore season. WAVE 3's Connie Leonard shows us how the rookie is adjusting to life after leaving the Bluegrass for Beantown.

As Rajon Rondo announced his intentions to enter into the NBA draft after his sophomore season, UK Coach Tubby Smith paid him the highest compliment. "I don't think I've coached a better athlete, or a more talented basketball player in my entire life."

Ultimate hoop dreams are finally realized for a shy river city kid whose talent and determination never faded from the floor -- and for a working mom, who chose graveyard factory shifts so she wouldn't miss a game.

"She's my mentor," Rondo said of his mom, Amber.

At a recent NBA game at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, it was a big night as the Boston Celtics visited the Indiana Pacers -- at least it was a big night for Rondo's mom, Amber, and other members of his Louisville family, who got to attend a rare game close to home.

"If he hits the floor, then I get a little nervous," Amber said. "But other than that, it's exciting."

The lightning fast 21st pick in the 2006 NBA draft is a bright spot for the young and injured Celtics, who have been on a major losing streak of late.

Rondo is barely six-feet-tall, but is heads above many of his teammates lately. Ironically, that includes Sebastian Telfair, the once highly touted guard the University of Louisville recruited instead of Rondo.

Rondo has played in 44 games, twice scored 23 points, and made the starting lineup. So far, his toughest rookie challenge has been the fast pace on the road. "It's a big adjustment going from a 30-game season to 82," he said.

Celtics Coach Doc Rivers says just as he was in the Bluegrass, Rondo is quickly becoming a fan favorite in Boston. "It's because of his energy. He makes a lot of little plays, he's a hustler, he stays in plays and gets a lot of steals."

Those flashy moves made Rondo a star at Kentucky. And those big hands that don't match the body? They helped him set a freshman record for steals at UK. The trademark headband remains, but seeing Rondo in bright green instead of Kentucky blue is something friends are slowly getting used to it.

Former Eastern High School coach Doug Bibby is a regular for Celtics games at the Rondo house. "It's funny to see him play on the high school level, the college level then on a pro level," he said.

"I asked him the other day: is it still that easy?' Because he almost plays effortless on the court."

Bibby helped mold Rondo's young skills to All-State honors. Skills that were later tested at basketball academy Oak Hill during his senior year. Rondo says it prepared him for his early NBA start.

And Rondo says advice from Bibby is still key to his game. "He tells me the truth no matter what, you know? If I'm having a bad game and I don't want to hear it, he'll still tell me."

The Celtics want Rondo to work on the way he runs the ball club on the floor and on his shot. Other than that, he hasn't changed much -- except now instead of butting heads with Tubby Smith, he sends text messages to his former coach from his cell phone and keeps an eye on the Cats when he's not playing.

Rondo still lives with brother William -- only in Boston now -- where he's trying to mix with the natives. He joked, "It is a different kind of language they speak up that way."

But Rondo says the Celtics fans are loyal just like the folks back home in Kentucky. Rondo is still giving younger sister, Dymon, a talented high school and college player, a hard time. "She tries to play like her big brother, but I think I'm better," Rondo said with a laugh. "I fill up the stat sheet; she's more of a scorer!"

And yes, he's still proud to be a mama's boy. In the UK yearbook, some listed Michael Jordan as their hero. Rondo listed his mom. "She supported me through my whole career of sports, period," he said. "Not just basketball. When I was little I was playing baseball, football, all those type of sports."

So, the first thing the NBA star bought with his new money? A house for Amber. "He told me whatever I wanted," Amber said.

Rondo's godmother, Joann Ward, told us Amber has "been a great mother, and he knows that."

Rondo told us he doesn't regret leaving Kentucky when he did. He says being an NBA first round draft pick has been a blessing for his family. He says he hasn't had much spare time in Boston yet, but definitely wants to go to a Red Sox game. For now? Spare time is spent "sleeping."

02-09-2007, 09:43 PM         #129
Rip The Jacker  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the sun isn't shining on the Celtics now..
 11 years ago '05        #130
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Happy B-Day to the Late Great Celtic Bill Russell

Happy 73rd Birthday
 11 years ago '05        #131
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
Rajon Rondo should start

Of the 11 games that Rondo played 28 minutes or more, he has averaged:

* 10.45 points
* 6.5 a.ssists
* 5.7 rebounds
* 2.63 steals

Delonte west is averaging 28.9 minutes a game and here are his stats:

* 10.9 points
* 4.3 a.ssists
* 2.9 rebounds
* 0.95 steals
 11 years ago '05        #132
Mac1 
space
space
space
$260 | Props total: 0 0
Celtics will beat the bucks, bank on it.
 11 years ago '07        #133
celticsdada 
space
space
$160 | Props total: 0 0
yea....im hoping the C's will beat BUcks this wednesday....cant take this losing streak no more
 11 years ago '05        #134
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
From the herald:

"Asked about covering Garnett, Perk said, “It’s a challenge, but that isn’t really what it is. It’s a challenge, but he’s still kind of overrated in my opinion. He’s a great player, but at the same time we all strap up our shoes the same way. Not taking nothing from him, but I play basketball like he plays basketball.”
 11 years ago '05        #135
Mac1 
space
space
space
 Junior G said:
From the herald:

"Asked about covering Garnett, Perk said, “It’s a challenge, but that isn’t really what it is. It’s a challenge, but he’s still kind of overrated in my opinion. He’s a great player, but at the same time we all strap up our shoes the same way. Not taking nothing from him, but I play basketball like he plays basketball.”
Funny that he would say that of all people
 02-13-2007, 03:37 PM         #136
Moony  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol Perk has to get better before he says something like that...Im sure it was emotions talking... it was right after the 18th straight L in the hands of a former teamate. Shoulda said something bout Blount...overpaid goofy mothafu*ka. I miss Ricky....fu*k Blount though...he was never a team player...and was never satisfied....shouldve felt grateful wit the contract he got.
Imma see if I get tickets to next T wolves game on March 4th.

btw does anybody know if any official jersey can be ordered from anywhere? I want a Rondo one. Im sure theres prolly some shops in the boston area wit the replica ones....I want an official one.

Last edited by Moony; 02-13-2007 at 05:40 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #137
lakersboy03 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,927 | Props total: 646 646
the streak HAS to end tonight
 02-13-2007, 04:51 PM         #138
Moony  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tomorrow...but yeah they better...goin into the all star break on a 19 game skid wouldnt be very good.
 11 years ago '05        #139
Mac1 
space
space
space
There is no way they can lose this game...Pierce is gonna drop 40 on em
 11 years ago '07        #140
celticsdada 
space
space
$160 | Props total: 0 0
Paul guaranteed a WIN tmr night on FSN NewEngland tonight...ya'll might wanna wtch that show to see d*ckerson do the Yung Joc dance
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
148 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
60 comments
2 days ago