The Official Boston Celtics Thread

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-13-2008, 02:31 PM         #321
s0uThSiDe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Report: Cassell says he's coming back

A Baltimore Sun report today casually mentioned something that seemed like far from a foregone conclusion when the season ended: Sam Cassell could be coming back to the Celtics for one more season.

Cassell told the Sun yesterday that he plans to become an a.ssistant coach with the Celtics after playing one more season in Boston. Cassell, 38, told a Sun reporter about his plans shortly before speaking at a Baltimore news conference where a city block will be renamed in his honor.

"This is my last year playing with the Celtics," Cassell told the Sun. "Next week, I'll sign the contract."

After finishing the 2008-09 season, the point guard plans to exercise an option to join the coaching staff, according to the report. A Celtics spokesman declined comment to the Sun on the report.

Brought in as a veteran backup to Rajon Rondo, Cassell played his way out of Doc Rivers' rotation during the playoffs. He played in just four games during the conference finals against Detroit and five games against the Lakers, averaging around 10 minutes per game. Cassell averaged 4.5 points per game during the playoffs, shooting 33 percent from the field and 21 percent from the three-point line.
 09-29-2008, 05:28 PM         #322
s0uThSiDe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rondo, new and improved

Rajon Rondo is bigger.

"I've gained 7 pounds," Rondo beams. "I guess you have to win a championship to gain weight."

The spindly point guard has added muscle, but he's also added confidence over the short summer.

"I want to be the best point guard in the league one day," said Rondo. "My coaching staff believes in me. The Big Three believes in me, and the rest of the team believes in me. I'm going to keep working hard regardless of how much I've accomplished so far."

He's definitely been working. Veteran Celtics players had to tell Rondo to stop coming in for two-a-days. So he shortened his daily workout to one, 5-hour session.

"A lot of people think we lost our hunger, but I want the same exact result as last season, and another short summer," said Rondo.

Rondo said he isn't sure if the questions about deficincies in his game will stop now that he's won a championship.

"Maybe, maybe not," said Rondo. "Even though I won a championship, there's still going to be some critics out there."

However, unlike last season, Rondo doesn't seem to worried about his detractors.

"We're going to make another trip to the White House next year, hopefully."
 09-30-2008, 08:30 AM         #323
s0uThSiDe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Celtics re-sign Cassell

The Celtics announced today that they have officially re-signed point guard Sam Cassell. The team did not disclose terms of the deal.

Cassell was present during the team's Media Day this afternoon in Waltham, wearing his No. 28 jersey. He greeted coach Doc Rivers with a huge hug when he arrived at the Celtics practice facility.

"It's going to take a lot to drag Sam Cassell away from the NBA," Rivers told reporters.

Cassell is a veteran of 15 NBA seasons. He averaged 7.6 points and 2.1 a.ssists in 17 regular season games with the Celtics last season. Brought in as a veteran backup to Rajon Rondo, Cassell played his way out of Rivers' rotation during the playoffs. He played in just four games during the conference finals against Detroit and five games against the Lakers, averaging around 10 minutes per game. Cassell averaged 4.5 points per game during the playoffs, shooting 33 percent from the field and 21 percent from the three-point line.

"Sam hasn't relied on his speed for a long time," said Rivers. "He's old. But he's such a smart player that he can still be effective despite losing some athleticism."

Cassel has said that he would like to play one more season in Boston before joining the Celtics as an a.ssistant coach.
 10-20-2008, 06:04 PM         #324
s0uThSiDe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Celtics waive Miles

The Celtics waived forward Darius Miles today, trimming the roster to 15 players, the league maximum once the season begins.

Miles, the third pick in the 2000 draft out of high school, missed the last two seasons after having microfracture surgery on his right knee. He has not played in a regular season game since 2005-06, when he was with the Portland Trail Blazers.

He has averaged 10.6 points and 5.2 rebounds per game in his injury-plagued and often disappointing NBA career, but Celtics general manager Danny Ainge said Miles, who was signed as a free agent Aug. 22, 2008, made a good impression during his brief time with the club.

"Darius was a model citizen during his time here in Boston. He showed that he still has a lot of basketball left in him." said Ainge said in a press release.

The 6-foot-9-inch, 235-pound forward appeared in six preseason games for the Celtics, averaging 1.8 points and 1.3 rebounds in 10.4 minutes per game.

Celtics coach Doc Rivers concurred with Ainge's a.ssessment, saying he still sees potential in Miles and wanted him to have a shot with another team.

"He did a lot of good things. He definitely can play in this league," Rivers said at yesterday's practice. "You never know if he'll be back here or not."

Miles, 27, was the only player in camp with a non-guaranteed contract, and the writing may have been on the wall when he did not see any action in Friday night's preseason loss to the Knicks. By waiving Miles, the Celtics are not required to make another move before the season begins Oct. 28, meaning Sam Cassell, Bill Walker, Patrick O'Bryant, Gabe Pruitt, and Brian Scalabrine can all remain on the roster if the Celtics wish.

Miles would have been suspended for the first 10 games of the season for testing positive for a banned substance, the diet drug phentermine, which he has denied taking.

The Blazers are likely celebrating the Celtics' decision. Had Miles played 10 games during this season or next, the remaining $18 million on the six-year, $48-million contract he signed with Portland would go back on the Blazers' books, though it wouldn't count against the salary cap because, as the Oregonian reported in July, an independent doctor determined the injury was career-ending.
 01-05-2009, 09:48 PM         #325
problematik  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whats wrong with these Celtics now a days? Have they won a game since they lost to the Lakers?
 01-26-2009, 08:06 PM         #326
s0uThSiDe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Celtics called Miller

Former NBA shooting guard Reggie Miller admitted earlier today on the Dan Patrick show that he received calls from both the Celtics and Cavaliers earlier this season asking if he would be interested in playing. It was the second inquiry in the last two years that the Celtics have made into the availability of Miller's services.

Miller contemplated joining the Celtics before last season's championship run but ultimately decided to stay in the broadcast booth.
 03-01-2009, 06:32 PM         #327
mpierce1221  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Celtics are going to start to roll once KG and Scal get back into the mix. Also once Steph and Mikki get up to speed with the "D", we are going to be very very scary team come playoff time!
 9 years ago '06        #328
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 s0uThSiDe said:
Celtics called Miller

Former NBA shooting guard Reggie Miller admitted earlier today on the Dan Patrick show that he received calls from both the Celtics and Cavaliers earlier this season asking if he would be interested in playing. It was the second inquiry in the last two years that the Celtics have made into the availability of Miller's services.

Miller contemplated joining the Celtics before last season's championship run but ultimately decided to stay in the broadcast booth.
I never heard about them doing that this year but that would've been a nice pickup for us would've made the haters really pissy too
 9 years ago '06        #329
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
At what point does a celtics fan get disowned on this site? There is a f*g who's making I told you so threads after the Celtics lost to the heat in march
 9 years ago '05        #330
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,050 | Props total: 6948 6948
I don't care if we missin half the team or not
 9 years ago '08        #331
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620
Who did they lose to
 03-17-2009, 10:18 PM         #332
HeavenlySword  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '07        #333
Bkjj11 3546 heat pts3546
space
space
$92,274 | Props total: 69856 69856
the chicago cubbies
 03-17-2009, 10:20 PM         #334
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
losing 4 of 5 games damn and they got the Heat tomorrow

Last edited by Silver N Black; 03-17-2009 at 10:21 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #335
jj01 
space
space
$44,936 | Props total: 4619 4619
i feel you tho, we been losin to bums alot this season and we have had hella injury problems all year. yall's defense is hurting tho, i hope kg back by friday.
 9 years ago '04        #336
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,319 | Props total: 11388 11388
damn really the bulls damn now my brother aint gonna let me hear the end of this

seriously we fu*king up
 03-17-2009, 10:21 PM         #337
s0uThSiDe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we just need to be healthy again..
 03-17-2009, 10:21 PM         #338
GodSon818  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
celtics aint sh*t w/out their leader KG
 03-17-2009, 10:22 PM         #339
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jj01 said:
i feel you tho, we been losin to bums alot this season and we have had hella injury problems all year. yall's defense is hurting tho, i hope kg back by friday.
true true, injuries fu*king us up too :angry12:
 9 years ago '08        #340
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
I remember these Celtics
you bout to get it started
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy