Oct 11 - Lupe Fiasco-Having a mouthful of diamonds is not successful

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

12 years ago '04        #51
cddal3 
space
space
$2,872 | Props total: 0 0
that was a good article

12 years ago '05        #52
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,797 | Props total: 846 846
 minimafiaaj said
he's ok at best on the mic i respected him cuz of the chicago thing but every article i read of him he comes off more like a dumbass. he's a hippocrit. he did a song with joe budden who talks about Drugs, Shooting Etc. Thought he was muslim or w/e? but w.e thats not even y i dislike him i dislike him cuz he say's

then y r u in it dumbass? he trys to make it seem like hip hop isnt the music he truly wants to do all he talks about all the time is how hip hop is fu*ked up. OOOO BUT HES THE SAVIOR OF RAP? my a.ss the dude even said hes doing 3 albums and thats it. savior of rap? i think not
He's in it because loves Hip Hop, NOT what Hip Hop has become (those are two separate things "dumbass") Hip Hop nowadays is exactly what Lupe was saying, everyone talking about guns, I'll shoot you cuz I have a bigger crew, I love bi*ches, money, got the hottest car, etc. etc. That's why n*ggas like Rick Ross, DipSet, 50 Cent, etc. be selling. STFU for a minute and look around you, and tell me I'm lying.

10-11-2006, 09:40 PM         #53
earlybirdchuc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that sh*t was good

12 years ago '04        #54
Supa K 
space
space
space
$142 | Props total: 0 0
Lupe, legend in the making.

Just watch

12 years ago '05        #55
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,936 | Props total: 380 380
good stuff.

12 years ago '04        #56
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$3,044 | Props total: 472 472
 TBX said
Respect to what he said, it's the truth for the most part.

However Lupe confuses me. He seemed to get caught off-guard when they asked him about his '03 track. He reiterated what he said previously in the interview, leading me to believe he didn't have a good enough answer for it.

I do enjoy his music, and he is definitly beneficial to the game, however he doesn't seem natural. Like everyone says, he is smart; smart enough to know how to change his persona.

He didn't say a single word in that interview that any true, self-respecting hip hop fan doesn't already know.

But he put it out there for the rest to see, and that is probably what matters most.

yaaaaaaa that question did throw him tha fu*k off cuz he started rambling but then explain he did use to do those things but learned better soo i dunno i think dudes album is gonna have a huge impact on tha direction hip hop is going alotta people should feel tha need to step up their creativity as well jus have to wait and see

12 years ago '04        #57
Rell216 
space
space
space
$769 | Props total: 152 152
Good read

12 years ago '04        #58
Jdub80 
space
space
space
$242 | Props total: 2 2
 JOEKILLA said
Backpacking aint successful
Its not about being successful......its about being REAL!.
fu*k Record Sales!....Record Sales dont determine if a rappers good or not.
I use to be into all that gangsta sh*t..& i still am...but Real Talk is Real Talk.......im getting tired of it 2.....its TOO repetitive.....creativity in hip-hop is going down tremendously.....i feel Lupe.....the more I hear these snap songs & club sh*t....the more & more I wanna listen to somethin else........its like ..u get so caught up in the music...the gangsta rap & sh*t....the more narrow minded u become....& less accepting you are to other types of music.....its really sad...& the crazy part is that....most people dont even realize that it happens to them...

10-11-2006, 11:01 PM         #59
minimafia 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
number 1 people who gave hate in news threads=tools excluding ppl who hate back
number 2. idc wut lupe "is" now. he's a rapper. k
number 3. if u like lupe fine i cud care less but ppl shudnt wine like bi*ches wen some one expresses there opinion
number 4. lupe to me is alright on the mic its just the things he says annoy me at times

12 years ago '05        #60
~~S.L.I.M.~~ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,328 | Props total: 428 428
lupe is on some real ish. . .good read.

a good point: NOW-That's What Im Talking About, a mere mix of singles, is going platinum+ over a lot of these so-called albums. . .that's wrong and digusting.

12 years ago '04        #61
Floeji 
space
space
$5,533 | Props total: 78 78
 minimafiaaj said
lupe is a fu*king idiot he thinks hes like god or some sh*t.
nah cuz...

You got it all wrong...

My man is smart as hell and he's conscious...

Did you see his album insert? That sh*t was live...

He had the n*ggaz k!lling each other with books...

Kill with Knowledge.....

10-11-2006, 11:38 PM         #62
Pappy Mason 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lungs said
having diamonds in your mouth >>>> your album flopping

lupe's mad

10-12-2006, 12:03 AM         #63
mc_breed 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props ill peep later

12 years ago '05        #64
Gregg2006xl 
space
space
$224 | Props total: 0 0
Thats Real

12 years ago '05        #65
Cashville2400 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,926 | Props total: 190 190
 minimafiaaj said
number 1 people who gave hate in news threads=tools excluding ppl who hate back
number 2. idc wut lupe "is" now. he's a rapper. k
number 3. if u like lupe fine i cud care less but ppl shudnt wine like bi*ches wen some one expresses there opinion
number 4. lupe to me is alright on the mic its just the things he says annoy me at times
Lupe speaks the truth if you don't like him then why are you in here reading this? You probably didnt read it because you are one of the people who's so hard that they can't listen to what he's saying in his music. Maybe he could make you a "Song for the retarded" on his next album produced by Nitti and you could bump it on your homemade mix cd. I do agree with something you said everyones intitled to their own opinion and this is mine so I expressed it

10-12-2006, 01:48 AM         #66
panz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats real sh*t, props good read . i hope all you boo boo rap fans think about that sh*t and think about that.

12 years ago '05        #67
DaveDeeSeaTown 
space
space
$467 | Props total: 64 64
good read mayne

12 years ago '04        #68
lzrich 
space
space
$786 | Props total: 1 1
Lupe is telling the truth man, the industry is feeding us this dumb sh*t and we keep eating it up. While everyone outside of hip hop is looking at us and laughing thinking we're idiots. We need more artist like Lupe than maybe hip hop will get the respect it deserves. Im not even gonna lie, I bootlegged the hell out of his album, but Im gonna go pick it up after reading this article. We need to support the positive artist thats putting out good albums. Bootleg the dumb sh*t!!

12 years ago '05        #69
agentspits.com 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,155 | Props total: 1087 1087
when people try to give lupe sh*t about that song POP POP, from 2003, i think they are just looking for SOMETHING to try and bring him down with

how many songs does he have like that one? and its from 2003, it is now 2006. people grow and they do have a different outlook on things when time goes on. if u were an artist and recorded some sh*t 3 years ago are u still gonna 100% have to agree with everything u said then, NOW? thats just stupid

lupe is real as hell, the people that dont like him ARE THE KIND OF PEOPLE HE IS TALKING ABOUT IN THIS INTERVIEW

dope interview, good read

12 years ago '05        #70
beaint2000 
space
space
space
$87 | Props total: 0 0
why are you calling him a idiot he must have offended your favorite rapper 50cent:D

12 years ago '05        #71
beaint2000 
space
space
space
What does he say that is annoying homie?

12 years ago '04        #72
Ganja Man 
space
space
$983 | Props total: 45 45
rofl..the hip-hop industry and pop-cluture industry alike are drastically differnt in promotion,marketing and such...lupe is not playin into the bullsh*t of 97% of hip-hop records and is a humble MC..like he said himself he is following the greats buy not playing into "radio-hype" for album sales..Alot of artist are breaking out into other product-placement type deals to gain more album sales in the industry now as u can see in alot of EA Sports(Madden 00-07) titles..i think he understands the whole music business model just like me...im lookin to hear more from this cat..

12 years ago '05        #73
beaint2000 
space
space
space
but changing a persons life in a positive way homie.

12 years ago '06        #74
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$10,306 | Props total: 3601 3601
 prexero said
to much the read but good look
this is the reason dudes like Lupe,Talib Kweli,Mos Def & so don't sell....too many n*ggas don't wanna be bothered w/trivial sh*t like reading,thinking,expressing their emotions,& uncool sh*t like that.

12 years ago '04        #75
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,112 | Props total: 295 295
this n*gga sucks not that ima numbers person but this dude is doin less than fu*kin ghostface/mobb deep did and they aint pop acts under kanye west

Home      

most viewed right now
-16online now  43
MMA Conor McGregor Accused Of Rape?
44 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+62online now  36
Chocolate Perfection
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+40online now  28
Image(s) inside Nola becky stripper build a broad 😂
61 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+74online now  15
Police called on Brothers playing a videogame and a fight ensues when they arr..
70 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  12
Image(s) inside Young Miami likes when men put their hands on her
78 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+43online now  11
Fight Night Champion FREE on XBOX ONE