Oct 11 - Lupe Fiasco-Having a mouthful of diamonds is not successful

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
212 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
135 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #21
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,359 | Props total: 11566 11566
People have been putting out these massive singles, but the albums have been garbage. The public gets sucked into buying it and then when the album isnt good, that hurts the sales nowadays. You have people walking around with an album thats nothing but a collection of singles from various ones.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Lupe Speaks The Truth
 11 years ago '04        #22
Dee 
space
space
$1,138 | Props total: 0 0
lupe is the future
 11 years ago '05        #23
Hyphy707 
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 1 1
First let me shout out my boy Kevin L. Clark for the interview. Me and him both talk about our interviews that we do and he's a smart college dude, doing his thing.

2nd, I like how he said his first rhymes were influenced by Ice Cube and Spice 1!!! Spice used to be my favorite rapper ever. Amerikkka's Nightmare was 1 of the hardest albums ever!!!

3rd. I respect a lot of what Lupe has to say. Hip hop is dying slowly, the big record companies look at us as incompetant people who will buy anything with a stupid hook. Chicken Noodle Soup for example. What he is saying is true, I wish there were more like him and Mos Def, and Talib Kweli in this game. They rap for the love of music, not for the money. The money will eventually come. But these other cats rap for the money, not the music, that's when people fall off, and that's why hip hop is at its worst stage in history. People aren't selling albums like a year or two ago, it's not because people aren't buying. It's because people aren't BUYING into the whole falseness that it represents. I've met plenty of artists, too many to name, and have seen that what they represent on wax, is not what they rep in real life. When people forget that this rap sh*t isn't real, and try to protray what they hear in the music, is what's dumbing down minority society. White people listen to rap, but do you see them do the sh*t that they hear? No. We have to teach eachother about tolerance first, but also about reality. The real street reality is a very ugly life to live, and the people who live it, aren't millionaires, with platinum grillz, or bentleys. They're the ones who die everyday and have means of survival. I'm not gonna talk too much as I already did, but Lupe will get better in time. I'm glad he didn't have to "dumb down" his music, just so he could sell a few hundred thousand. Props for him.
 10-11-2006, 05:37 PM         #24
backnaction05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hyphy707 said:
First let me shout out my boy Kevin L. Clark for the interview. Me and him both talk about our interviews that we do and he's a smart college dude, doing his thing.

2nd, I like how he said his first rhymes were influenced by Ice Cube and Spice 1!!! Spice used to be my favorite rapper ever. Amerikkka's Nightmare was 1 of the hardest albums ever!!!

3rd. I respect a lot of what Lupe has to say. Hip hop is dying slowly, the big record companies look at us as incompetant people who will buy anything with a stupid hook. Chicken Noodle Soup for example. What he is saying is true, I wish there were more like him and Mos Def, and Talib Kweli in this game. They rap for the love of music, not for the money. The money will eventually come. But these other cats rap for the money, not the music, that's when people fall off, and that's why hip hop is at its worst stage in history. People aren't selling albums like a year or two ago, it's not because people aren't buying. It's because people aren't BUYING into the whole falseness that it represents. I've met plenty of artists, too many to name, and have seen that what they represent on wax, is not what they rep in real life. When people forget that this rap sh*t isn't real, and try to protray what they hear in the music, is what's dumbing down minority society. White people listen to rap, but do you see them do the sh*t that they hear? No. We have to teach eachother about tolerance first, but also about reality. The real street reality is a very ugly life to live, and the people who live it, aren't millionaires, with platinum grillz, or bentleys. They're the ones who die everyday and have means of survival. I'm not gonna talk too much as I already did, but Lupe will get better in time. I'm glad he didn't have to "dumb down" his music, just so he could sell a few hundred thousand. Props for him.
and props to u

good read
 10-11-2006, 05:46 PM         #25
gogomonkey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That was a great read....Imma go pick up his album cuz of this article...
 10-11-2006, 05:47 PM         #26
~WB~HStL~ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats some of the realest stuff i read this year
 11 years ago '05        #27
hotveshe 
space
space
$394 | Props total: 0 0
I like his cd and this article makes me like him even more........... Has anyone listened to that He say she say joint........ I really felt that joint.... it was just a good song and I got it ..... yall should really get his cd if you don't have something..... elevate yourself!!
 11 years ago '05        #28
baykid510 
space
space
$737 | Props total: 15 15
lupe's tha man. haters step back!
 10-11-2006, 06:23 PM         #29
Jaec13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lupe is talkin sum real ish..
 11 years ago '06        #30
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
lupe one of the realest n*ggas int he industry period. I just hope that peeps dont think that hardcore sh*t dont automatically make it whak sh*t. NWA sh*t was gangsta but you listen to they sh*t and its hot. It aint like this young dro sh*t...the feel is different even though they both can be on some violent sh*t. Violent rap music dont mean it whack .... sh*t I still bang doggystyle..and yall know that album is on that gangsta sh*t..but somethin bout it...that feel is there naa mean...bad influence or not.

I was talkin to this n*gga bout this type of sh*t and he told me his fave rappers is common, talib, mos...all them type of "conciouse" dudes and he told me n*ggas like Jay is whack (he even said reasonable doubt jay is whack) just cause the n*gga is on some gangsta sh*t.

There is that good gangsta sh*t but n*ggas these days is too fu*kin whack with they sh*t. Jay's reasonable doubt..he had some real sh*t. He was real for that record cause he talked bout how he feel. Wu Tang was ont hat hardcore sh*t but them n*ggas was hot.

I just dont want n*ggas thinkin that gun talk and diamonds and sh*t mean it whack automatically. sh*t ..Jay and Common is in my list for my best rappers
 10-11-2006, 06:37 PM         #31
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i been had thinking like this, shhit give me props
 11 years ago '05        #32
boybunn 
space
space
$463 | Props total: 0 0
good read
 11 years ago '04        #33
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,180 | Props total: 5454 5454
the best interview i've ever read. lupe couldn't be any realer
 10-11-2006, 07:15 PM         #34
JOEKILLA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Backpacking aint successful
 11 years ago '06        #35
Affectz 131 heat pts131
space
space
$8,217 | Props total: 4499 4499
somethin real
 11 years ago '06        #36
J_Teflon 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,752 | Props total: 2957 2957
 minimafiaaj said:
he's ok at best on the mic i respected him cuz of the chicago thing but every article i read of him he comes off more like a dumbass. he's a hippocrit. he did a song with joe budden who talks about Drugs, Shooting Etc. Thought he was muslim or w/e? but w.e thats not even y i dislike him i dislike him cuz he say's

then y r u in it dumbass? he trys to make it seem like hip hop isnt the music he truly wants to do all he talks about all the time is how hip hop is fu*ked up. OOOO BUT HES THE SAVIOR OF RAP? my a.ss the dude even said hes doing 3 albums and thats it. savior of rap? i think not
He's talking about what labels expect from you in that business. He spit real sh*t. All rappers talk about guns at one point. He grew up in chicago, motherland of many gangs listen to sittin sideways remix. that song got me listening to lupe and the dead presidents remix. give it a chance if you dont like it let it be and dont put anymore energy and time on something that doesnt appeal to you...than just smoke one
 11 years ago '05        #37
Nvisible 
space
space
space
$212 | Props total: 0 0
 minimafiaaj said:
he's ok at best on the mic i respected him cuz of the chicago thing but every article i read of him he comes off more like a dumbass. he's a hippocrit. he did a song with joe budden who talks about Drugs, Shooting Etc. Thought he was muslim or w/e? but w.e thats not even y i dislike him i dislike him cuz he say's

then y r u in it dumbass? he trys to make it seem like hip hop isnt the music he truly wants to do all he talks about all the time is how hip hop is fu*ked up. OOOO BUT HES THE SAVIOR OF RAP? my a.ss the dude even said hes doing 3 albums and thats it. savior of rap? i think not

WAIt what's this about BUdden??..He raps about drugs and guns???........NOOO......listen to Budden..I MEAN LISTEN TO BUDDEN then say that sh*t.....don't think youll be saying that again........Ok..

...I love Hip hop but fu*k HIP HOP!!!...am I a hyppocrit??.......NO.....WHy?....I'll tell you now.....I love hip hop...the entire culture.....the music and everything.....and I love hip hop so much..that I actually care when it takes a wrong direction so I speak my mind on it and tell there needs to be a change but IM not gonna just say fu*k it and forget it...Im get in to help bring it back.....It's like you say you love yo girl but fu*k ya girl when she cheats on you.you still love her.but she played you..your not a hyppocrit...your fu*king pissed.....

As far as him doin only 3 albums....that's his own personal decision..they label him "Rap's savior"...not him....but "they"......im outt
 11 years ago '04        #38
crippledamus 
space
space
$323 | Props total: 0 0
props
 10-11-2006, 07:38 PM         #39
jps88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Long, but good read.

Lupe's got somthing to say......
 11 years ago '04        #40
Longs 
space
space
$38 | Props total: 0 0
i dont think he is a hypocrit...

he is trying to balance all the different aspects of his life like everyone else...

he is an intelligent man talking about intelligent issues... but he is also from the streets... so he talks about those issues as well...

same as people claiming a jayz cant talk about the hood anymore because he doesnt live there... he is too rich...

he was once from the hood... he has an obligation to talk about everything that comes to his mind... whether its wearing sandals on rodeo drive or carrying a pistol in the marcy projects...

rappers become hypocrtical when they rhyme about issues theyve never lived or examined... or truly thought on... whether its carrying a gun, robbing someone or speaking on philosophy

lupe is extremely impressive... he has shown that he can just get down and dirty rhyming on songs like 'switch'... that song is rugged but still intelligent thought there...

he doesnt have a god complex... he is just enlightened... he sees what a lot of others are having a hard time seeing

Last edited by Longs; 10-11-2006 at 07:49 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
66 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
93 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
25 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy