most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 10-12-2006, 09:12 AM         #61
RealTO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
October 11, 2006

'Angel sent from God'
Slain man admired by friends, neighbours

By JONATHAN JENKINS, TORONTO SUN

Admired by friends, loved by his family, respected by neighbourhood kids, Kareem had it all, say the people who knew him, even a recently signed recording contract.

But none of that could save the 20-year-old from a bullet to the back of the head.

"He was an angel sent from God," said one woman whose son grew up with Kareem on Parma Ct., a decaying stretch of social housing near Victoria Park and Eglinton Aves.

'THE EVIL STAY'

"The good go away and the evil stay."

Kareem's last name has not been released by police but he was well known in the area around his home and had a job just steps away at O'Connor Community Centre.

Staff there said they were not allowed to speak to reporters without permission but confirmed the youth was a popular worker who never caused any trouble.

It was in the community centre parking lot around 10 p.m. Monday that an area resident spotted some young men carrying another, who looked as if he'd been shot.

Police headed to the area as other callers reported gunfire and found a 22-year-old man shot in the lower back.

As officers scoured the scene for evidence, they came across Kareem's body at the rear of 25 Sunrise Ave., which overlooks the community centre and Parma Ct.

Police believe the victims knew each other.

Witnesses who saw the shooting asked the gunman why he'd done it, police said.

Kareem's friends are asking the same question.

"Whenever there was a f!ght he would say, 'Come on, guys, we've got to get along. We're all family here,'" the woman who knew him said, blaming people from outside the area for coming in and causing trouble.

"There wasn't a stick of violence in him."

She said Kareem was a hugely talented rapper and dancer who just signed a recording contract and had just started classes at UofT.

POOL DRAINED

"It was Thanksgiving. What does his mother have to be thankful for now?" she said.

Forensics officers taped off parkland between the community centre and the Sunrise apartment block. Two officers combed through a dumpster behind 25 Sunrise while another two drained the building's pool.

October 12, 2006

Memorial set for slain man

20-year-old shot in back of head, friend wounded

By ROB LAMBERTI, TORONTO SUN

Friends and family are to celebrate the life of Kareme Parks tonight, a young man who was gunned down in the O'Connor Dr., Victoria Park Ave. area.

The 20-year-old was shot int the back of the head; a 22-year-old friend was shot in a buttock and sustained severe internal damage.

The dead man's mother, Deborah, didn't want to talk about her son until everyone had a chance to learn about him at the memorial at the O'Connor Community Centre on Victoria Park , south of Sunrise Ave. at 7 p.m., where Parks once worked.

"I'm having a celebration of Kareme," she said yesterday.

Toronto homicide Det.-Sgt. Dan Nielsen said yesterday detectives haven't been able to speak to the wounded victim at any length.

"He's in pretty bad shape," he said. "He's a little better today. He's going to pull through."

Nielsen said he doesn't believe Kareme was shot execution style.

"It doesn't sound like that," he said.

"We don't know for certain, we're still trying to figure out the people who were involved."

Nielsen said the victims parked their cars on Parma Court, which runs west from Victoria Park, and then walked over to Sunrise where they met a group of people, whose identity the police don't know.

"And then there was some sort of altercation, and a gun came out," he said.

"We're not sure if it was a spur-of-the-moment incident, or if it was something planned, we're trying to confirm that."

Nielsen said the shooting was intended, but "which one was actually targeted, we can't say for sure."

Neither victim had a criminal record, Nielsen said.

10-12-2006, 09:14 AM         #62
SD-11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UpTownClips said:
straight up theese american hicks that never left there city let alone there state tryna talk down on Toronto, straight up i dun seen bure americans gettin robbed n bi*ch slaped comin up here during caribanna thinkin sh*ts sweet, yall got so much crime down there cause you mans get booked for anything and everything, n*ggas doin bids for weed and sh*t, soft a.ss sh*t

hahahha...thts so true....these americans are juss soooo reckless,....atleast when the mother fukers round here commit a crime, it takes about 1-2 monthes for them to get a lead, if they get a lead....fukin in america they just catching those guys on the crime scene...ahhaha...smarten up yalll..

o and to the guy tht said fuk our beer, fuk u, we have plenty of good beer in canada...ya my favourite beer is european BUT it for SURE is not Englidh beer, ewwwwww, fuk tht, yall have some nasty a.ss bitter and dark a.ss beer, sh*ts juss nasty, look into the belgium beer and ukrainnian beer, also czech...thts good beer..

ez...
 11 years ago '04        #63
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,157 | Props total: 9582 9582
god damn...Rest in Peace
 10-12-2006, 11:49 AM         #64
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SD-11 said:

o and to the guy tht said fuk our beer, fuk u, we have plenty of good beer in canada...ya my favourite beer is european BUT it for SURE is not Englidh beer, ewwwwww, fuk tht, yall have some nasty a.ss bitter and dark a.ss beer, sh*ts juss nasty, look into the belgium beer and ukrainnian beer, also czech...thts good beer..

ez...
Why don't you use your brain to make posts rather than your patriosm for your country.

Where did i ever claim English beer was good, I didn't... i said your beer is garbage, don't take it to heart. And i agree with you 100% with the belgium beer.

But just for the record... 'Englands Pride' beer is better than any of the scummy watered down miller and all that sh*t you fools are drinking out in Toronto
 11 years ago '04        #65
brooklonsfinest 
space
space
$1,379 | Props total: 51 51
When one of your mans get roasted we'll c how u rep that murder rate after dat
 11 years ago '04        #66
dcmex81 93 heat pts93
space
space
$1,736 | Props total: 0 0
Canada?
 10-13-2006, 09:21 AM         #67
RealTO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
October 13, 2006

A mom's silent grief
Memorial for 20-year-old k!lled Thanksgiving

By CHRIS DOUCETTE, TORONTO SUN

Hundreds of people packed a small East York gym last night to "celebrate" the life of Kareme Parks, a talented young man gunned down in the prime of his life Thanksgiving Monday.

Most of the 300 or so family and friends at the O'Connor Community Centre -- about 100 metres from where Kareme was slain -- fought back tears.

But Kareme's mom, Deborah Parks, refused to weep for her son, saying all the tears in the world would not bring him back.

"I won't cry, not tonight," she said, while urging Kareme's friends and relatives to let their emotions flow.

PEACE-LOVING MAN

Parks said she is doing her best to forgive Kareme's k!ller, whom she said will never come close to being the kind of man Kareme was when he was alive.

The grief-stricken mom also warned Kareme's friends not to seek revenge, because her son, a recently converted Muslim, was a peace-loving man and would not want it.

Kareme, 20, well-known and well-liked in his community, was shot in the head and left for dead near a basketball court.

His friend Anthony, 22, was also shot, but survived.

Anthony's mom said her son has damage to several organs and he faces a long recovery. She said her son does not remember much about the shootings, either due to pain medication, or because he is scared.

But she is convinced others at the memorial know what happened, and she urged them to talk to police.

"We have a k!ller on our streets," she cried. "We have to do something."

'HAVE TO DO SOMETHING'

Parks said Anthony confided to her that Kareme was in a fist f!ght with a young man and put him in a headlock.

The other man pulled out a gun and shot them both.

"I know my son was not perfect, but he was an angel to me," Parks said.

Born in the Bronx, N.Y., Kareme and his mom moved here when he was 3.

"Kareme used to work for the city. He had an excellent reputation and worked very hard with children and young people," said Mayor David Miller, who stopped by to offer his condolences. "I thought it was important to say that the city was proud of him and that he had a good reputation. He wasn't involved with breaking the law. It certainly is a real tragedy."

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
306 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Bortles on Seahawks: "We beat the crap out of them for 60 minutes"
93 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy