Oct 10 - Lil Scrappy -Jay-Z-He got Flow but he Can't Rock that bi*ch.

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
22 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
5636 pageviews
49 comments

m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,533 | Props total: 275 275
Oct 10 - Lil Scrappy -Jay-Z-He got Flow but he Can't Rock that bi*ch.

Lil Scrappy - Leader Of Mavericks

We pick up Atlanta native Lil Scrappyís story between a hospital bed and a mic booth. Months ago Lil Jonís Prince of Crunk fell victim to the seemingly random violence that has plagued the Hip Hop community lately. Then a bit of deja vu; the dominant act known for bouncing back from bullet wounds, 50 Cent, initiated a dialogue with a recovering Scrappy, leading us to the present.

ĎBorn to Die, Bred to Live,í tentatively scheduled for a Fall release, will be cross marketed by the G-Unit juggernaut and Jonís label, BME. Fully recovered, anxious to drop a heat rock on the world, Scrappy recently built with NBS, tackling studio essentials, not writing rhymes (Yup! Yet another.) and why Jay-Z plus Lil Jon equals Scrappy.

Lil Scrappy : Mike.

Nobodysmiling.com : Yoo.

Lil Scrappy : Whatís happening?

Nobodysmiling.com : Scrappy, what it do home?

Lil Scrappy : Ainít nothin man. Iím chillin like a villain.

Nobodysmiling.com : Alright-alright. What was the first song you recorded for this album and how do you think that set the tone for the following sessions?

Lil Scrappy : Um the album, ĎBred to Die, Born to Live,í I been working on it like a year and a half, know what Iím saying? The other half I was healing up, um, right now Iím just gottdamn just spreading it on out; itís like butter on rice and grits you know what Iím saying?

Nobodysmiling.com : (Laughs)

Lil Scrappy : You know you put the butter up on the grits and you smooth it on out?

Nobodysmiling.com : Right.

Lil Scrappy : Thatís basically what Iím doing to music; I get on the music and I smooth it on out. It can be the crunkest thang ever, but I get on there and just smooth that thang out and make it sound like what you wanna hear. I got something for everybody: the dope boy, the lame boy, the dude that got all the money to the brokest ni**a on the earth, you know what Iím saying? I got something for the women. I got something for all the baby-daddies that canít see they child or baby-mama always hating on em and he do everything in the world he can for her, know what Iím saying.

Nobodysmiling.com : Word.

Lil Scrappy : We got a lot of stuff man. Lil Jon and 50 Cent executive producing.

Lil Scrappy : We got Young Buck on the first single, ďMoney in the BankĒ and Jon on ďGangsta, Gangsta-Ē itís going nuts right now.

Nobodysmiling.com : OK. I hear that. You said your were healing up the first half of the year?

Lil Scrappy : Yeah.

Nobodysmiling.com : Healing up from what?

Lil Scrappy : I had got into lil incident, you know what Iím saying, in the countriest town ever. I forgot what itís called, but I got hit with a bottle; found out somebody had something to do with that, you know what Iím saying? Like a lil set up gang-cause he didnít get paid, you know what Iím talkin bout? They set us up real good and nice and I got hurt or whatever. I came back-healed or whatever-nobody called me and ya boy 50 end up calling me; gave me some good advice; told me everything gon be good-Ďlets move it.í

Nobodysmiling.com : Wow.

Lil Scrappy : Got up, did my thang [and] end up going...(continued below)

on the Anger Management tour; I was on the studio bus working on my album or whatever and Jon and 50 talked. They said they wanna make me the biggest thang poppin so, you know what Iím saying, agreed; lets get it.

Nobodysmiling.com : So what do you think made him reach out to you when you were going through that?

Lil Scrappy : I mean, you know, I already knew 'em a lil bit cause we had the same manager or what ever?

Nobodysmiling.com : Violator, OK.

Lil Scrappy : Yeah. So he probably-I mean, I donít know, you know what Iím saying? You never know whats in a manís mind or anything. But from how it looked and what it was, he was showing pure love cause I wasnít even signed to him, you know what Iím saying? He knew I was signed to Jon and I was doing my thang; he just called really; cause he ainít even say nothing about rapping at first, you know what Iím saying? He just called and was just like ĎYo what up ni**a. You aight ni**a? I heard what happened ni**a. Just get well ni**a, you gon be aight.

Lil Scrappy : And he just told me, ĎShiiit, you know, nobody called you? Shiiit fu*k it; I got shot and ainít nobody called me!

Nobodysmiling.com : Yeah he went through the same thing.

Lil Scrappy : Yeah he say ĎShiiit ni**a you just gotta take it like this: ni**as ainít ya friends ni**a. You gotta go out here and get it. You got a lil girl on the way; go out there and get it. You gotta go take it man. Gottdamn, weíll put a big a.ss diamond in ya mouth if you want to.í I was like ĎHell naw, Iím straight. Just for him not to even have nothin to do with me, you know what Iím saying, and for him to say stuff like that had a ni**a like ĎAw man!í So thatís how all that got started and now itís poppin!

Nobodysmiling.com : Iím sure I felt good to have somebody in your corner.

Lil Scrappy : Aw man, yeah man. Then itís like the perfect ni**a cause thatís like the biggest ni**a in Hip Hop, you know what Iím saying?

Nobodysmiling.com : Exactly.

Lil Scrappy : Ni**aís calling me on my phone-it was my house phone, not my cell phone, my house phone. Iím like ĎDamn! Thatís crazy sh*t.í

Nobodysmiling.com : Thatís serious. He is pretty much the biggest guy in rap and G-Unit is a worldwide movement, but it originated in the northeast. Are you anxious to expose those particular markets to this album so that more folks up north can feel what Lil Scrappy is about?

Lil Scrappy : Oh, up north already feel what Lil Scrappy about. I just want them to know the whole thing-the blood line. You know what Iím saying-how you go check on a Pit bloodline? And you find out, you know, whatís wrong with em?

Lil Scrappy : I just want them to know whatís going on with me , you know what Iím saying? Check my bloodline; Iím fiddiní to give em all of it. Iím fiddiní to give em everything, so the next album I ainít got to do that; I can be on some happy sh*t.

Nobodysmiling.com : (Laughs).

Lil Scrappy : You know, the normal sh*t.

Nobodysmiling.com : OK, so you would prefer to make the happier records?

Lil Scrappy : I prefer to make however I feel cause thatís how I do it; I make however I feel at the time and keep it moving you know what Iím saying. I couldnít even tell you what I said on the last record. You know how ni**as-they be so up tight in they sh*t?

Nobodysmiling.com : Yeah, real deep into it?

Lil Scrappy : They be so deep into they sh*t they can tell you all they lyrics and sh*t. I canít even tell you cause I donítí even write.

Lil Scrappy : Smoke me a blunt; drink me a shot of Patron and Iím in the booth; ĎLets go.í

Nobodysmiling.com : Real talk? Real talk, no writing at all?

Lil Scrappy : No writing at all cause I gotta get that realness out of it, you know what Iím saying, and you flow with the beat better, you know what Iím talkin bout? Like I tell ya: itís butter over grits [or] butter over rice; just smooth it on out.

Nobodysmiling.com : Word. OK.

Lil Scrappy : And thatís how deep-thatís the deepest I can get withcha on music, you see what Iím saying? Iím sitting here thinking like, you know what Iím saying, ainít nobody better than me.

Nobodysmiling.com : Oh OK.

Lil Scrappy : I swear ainít nobody better than me cause-Iímma put it to ya like this: they can give you yaÖwatcha call it-ya ďlikesĒ and ďIíll do ya like thisĒ and ďflip you over and do it like thatĒ and ďtake the pistol and do it like that?Ē Naw cuz, I speak how ni**as talk everyday; just keep it one hundred. I donít-all the metaphor sh*t is good when you playing a metaphor game; when you putting that sh*t on the wall or you on TV or something at a game show.

Nobodysmiling.com : (Laughs)

Last edited by m_cullins; 10-10-2006 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: Wrong Title

49 comments for "Oct 10 - Lil Scrappy -Jay-Z-He got Flow but he Can't Rock that bi*ch."

11 years ago '04        #2
m_cullins 62 heat pts62 OP
space
space
$7,533 | Props total: 275 275
Lil Scrappy : You know what Iím saying? fu*k that sh*t! You know what Iím saying? Every now and then itís good but the whole song using metaphors? fu*k that! Iím fiddiní to put some real sh*t on the table. How bout that? Thatís my metaphor: real talk!

Nobodysmiling.com : OK. I can dig it. You talk about the metaphors. Thereís been a lot of talk about New York needing to come back and improve the quality of Hip Hop. Do you take that as a slap in the face to what the south has done and is doing?

Lil Scrappy : No. I donít take it as a slap in the face. Whoever set a trend for this year and for these first ten years thatís coming up then thatís whatís fiddiní to be poppin? Every now and then you might have a lil slip like-they ask me bout the snap music; Ďis that k!lling crunk music?í I tell em like this: snap music is a spin off of crunk music because they still doing the same thang. They still jumping- snapping. Itís just a movement. Crunk is a movement; It never gon go no where. Crunk ainít dead, you know what Iím saying. You seen the Lil Jon chain. As I can say for the ĎHip Hop is deadí- you know they like to say Hip Hop is dead and the south is taking over and it ainít all about the lyrics no more; it ainít all about that sh*t, butÖ Iím fiddiní to take the game to where we gon be crunk and we gon have lyrics cause, I mean, I got the lyrics for you. And that crunk sh*t-Iím one hundred, you know what Iím saying?

Nobodysmiling.com : Right. Thatís your lane right there.

Lil Scrappy : Who can do what I do? I see Jay-Z; he got a good flow, but he canít rock that bi*ch.

Lil Scrappy : He canít rock that bi*ch, you know what Iím saying? And you got Jon-he got that sh*t a hundred percent crunk, but he canít flow like that. He not a rapper; heíll tell ya. You got Jeezy-great rapper. T.I.-great rapper. But they ainít that other sh*t I got. That other sh*t! I donít know what I get it from cause I got insomnia; cuz I donít even sleep.

Nobodysmiling.com : (Laughs) For real man? Youíre up for days?

Lil Scrappy : Maaan I ainít went to sleep- I went to sleep for a lil while today. For a lil while right?

Nobodysmiling.com : Wow. So has there ever been a deal on the table between you and G-Unit, 50?

Lil Scrappy : Yeah itís done. Its been done.

Nobodysmiling.com : So Scrappy is G-Unit, period?

Lil Scrappy : All day.

Nobodysmiling.com : Oh really?

Lil Scrappy : All day.

Nobodysmiling.com : OK. So this album is pretty much making it official, letting the people know huh?

Lil Scrappy : Yeah, letting em know: G-Unit/BME all day.

Nobodysmiling.com : OK.

Lil Scrappy : Gs up. Get ya muthafu*kin Gs up!(Laughs).

Nobodysmiling.com : I hear that. Are there any other business ventures that Hip Hop has allowed you to expand into?

Lil Scrappy : Oh yeah. I got theÖthe movie Iím fiddiní to do. Mekhi Phifer is producing it. Malik from ĎThe Wire,í from ĎGet Rich or Die Tryin,í is directing it.

Lil Scrappy : We got Stacey Dash, Cliffton Powell, me-ya boy Mekhi gon be in it; itís gon be crazy. Itís called ĎTrappin.í Itís basically bout these three women-Stacey Dash and her friends-they going around setting dudes up, all the rich folk: the biggest dope boy, the rapper, the basketball player, the football player, a actor-anybody thatís poppin with something, you know what Iím saying? The thing is the dudes always find them; they donít never find the dude; the dude find them and then they put me-Iím supposed to be Stacey Dash cousin; Iím the lil cousin; they call me the ĎLil cute wild one,í know what Iím saying? And Iím reading is crazy as fu*k. Like, the ni**a is like damn near me.

Nobodysmiling.com : Really?

Lil Scrappy : Itís like heís a-you know what Iím saying, Iím on some positive sh*t, but he on some negative sh*t. So heís me negative.

Nobodysmiling.com : Oh really? That sounds crazy.

Lil Scrappy : Then I got the Gs Up album coming out and yíall get all the mixtapes from that. We got Crime Mob coming out then we got Diamond and Princess from Crime Mob coming right back out, you know they on my label too.

Nobodysmiling.com : And your label is under BME?

Lil Scrappy : Right-naw my label is Gs Up.

Nobodysmiling.com : OK, but whose distributing your label?

Lil Scrappy : Warner Bros. AndÖ BME.

Nobodysmiling.com : OK. Word up.

Lil Scrappy : Itís the whole thang; itís the wholeÖ how it is now: Gs Up/Warner Bros./BME/G-Unit, you know what Iím saying. We gon keep it like that-keep it in the family. Keep the money flowing.

Nobodysmiling.com : I hear that; got to keep that flowing if nothing else, I feel that. Whatís your favorite joint as far as what youíve recorded so far and why?

Lil Scrappy : I got this one track that Eminem did for me called umÖ ďLord Have Mercy,Ē you know what Iím saying? I got a joint called ďLike MeĒ which is one of my favorite joints too, and itís talking about how mom dukes and stuff came up with me and how I came up with mom dukes or whatever; selling dope; how I watched mom dukes pimp too many hoes and get out in that street life; how it helped and how I learned from it. And then you got ďLord Have MercyĒ [with] me telling-itís writing a letter to the Lord, saying Iím sorry for doing anything I did to fu*k sh*t up, but itís just like that. I didnít have no choice. I justÖ went with the cards that was dealt with me.

Lil Scrappy : And Eminem produced that track. And of course ďMoney in the BankĒ is like one of the favorite crunk tracks on there; then we got a couple other ones-like Jon produced like ďI Donít Wanna k!llĒ featuring Fabo from D4L. Itís a lot of sh*t on there man. Yíall gon see.

Nobodysmiling.com : OK, so the ďLord Have MercyĒ joint sounds pretty serious. Were you in there bent off the Patron?

Lil Scrappy : I always do it-I always do it. Matter [of] fact I did it at 50 house in the studio. I told 50 ĎAy get me a Patron; get some weed and itís poppin. Ainít nothin.

Nobodysmiling.com : (Laughs) I hear that-helps you get a little bit more in touch with the beat huh?

Lil Scrappy : You be gone; you be in the zone. Everybody do they thing-even a person that work at the desk-they got a lil thing that they do that makes them feel comfortable about being there, you know what Iím saying?

Lil Scrappy : Like, even you; you doing a interview-you have to do something to prepare yourself for the interview.

Nobodysmiling.com : Exactly.

Lil Scrappy : And thatís what I do; prepare myself for the song: pray, smoke with my ni**as and drink. Then we pop if off after that.

Nobodysmiling.com : I hear that. You want to say anything to the people before we wrap up homie?

Lil Scrappy : Aw man: ĎBred to Die, Born to Liveí come out late September, go get it. UmÖlook for Gs Up and, on top of that, look for Crime Mob; on top of that always keep God first and you ainít gotta be hard to be real. You know what Iím saying, we opening the doors for real people this year.

Nobodysmiling.com : Word up. I hear that. Scrappy I appreciate your time a lot homie.

Lil Scrappy : I appreciate you too pimp.

Nobodysmiling.com : All right, you be blessed man.

Lil Scrappy : Thatís what it is, you too.
 10-10-2006, 11:46 AM         #3
502forLife 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I started to read it then I got tired. But what I read was good.
 11 years ago '04        #4
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,190 | Props total: 5466 5466
scrappy is why our music is falling off. he doesn't even take the game seriously, fuk outta here
 11 years ago '04        #5
Killacamron 
space
space
$1,417 | Props total: 0 0
^ exactly. Jay-z should push his a.ss off a stage just like those cops did in Beef 3.
 11 years ago '04        #6
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,234 | Props total: 3024 3024
n*ggas is missin the point... it aint like hes takin down on anybody

hes just sayin he does things a lil diffirent and hes havin fun doin it...whats wrong with that
 11 years ago '06        #7
93G4Life 
space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
Scrappy needs a reality check.. LOL
 11 years ago '04        #8
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
lil scrappy is smoking CRACK

no he's microwaving that sh*t
 11 years ago '04        #9
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 BrBHZ said:
n*ggas is missin the point... it aint like hes takin down on anybody

hes just sayin he does things a lil diffirent and hes havin fun doin it...whats wrong with that
exactly...
 11 years ago '04        #10
STH_MEM83 
space
space
$486 | Props total: 10 10
lil scrappy must be bi*ch. everytime i here somthin bout him he gettin his a.ss whooped.
 11 years ago '04        #11
Bigmiketruth 
space
space
$962 | Props total: 0 0
gotta love headlines taken out of context.. happens everyday at the bx..
 11 years ago '05        #12
theylikeme05 
space
space
$2,662 | Props total: 377 377
Scrappy stay crunk
 11 years ago '04        #13
peto 
space
space
$2,360 | Props total: 16 16
dudes wildin he aint that nice
 11 years ago '04        #14
thuggy05 
space
space
space
$838 | Props total: 1 1
yeh lil crappy live
i fu*ks with him
 10-10-2006, 01:40 PM         #15
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lil scrappy is an arrogant mug. This junt just made me remember another interview last year where he was proclaiming to be better than he is. It's good to know he doesn't write though. I guess he gets a lil slack for that. And he having fun with it, which is the best thing any artist can do. Not take themselves and working so seriously. The last album was a workout classic lol. Hope he can replicate on this junt.
 11 years ago '05        #16
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 2905 2905
LMFAO...this dude is a straight joke...he aint got rhymes so he tryna dis metaphors...just bcuz he 2 dumb an aint got da wordplay 2 use em...an never compare yourself 2 a hip hop great when you got a name like Lil' Scrappy...phuk outta here
 11 years ago '05        #17
mistadontplay 
space
space
$2,779 | Props total: 1 1
 ~_26_~ said:
Lil scrappy is the livest n*gga from the south hands down.

yea after everyone else in the south who is way better than him, let me start with scarface, luda, jeezy, even b.g., weezy, devin, lil keke is way more live than him. 8ball alone dont even need MJG, should i go on? come on dude you must be a lil kid talking crazy like that. scrappy cannot flow he only get the crowd hype with lil jon beats, and he really only sound tight chopped and screwed. and he gotta raspy voice that hypes sh*t up, thats all he got, he looks like a god damn fool in person and ignorant as fu*k.
 11 years ago '04        #18
david1972 1 heat pts
space
space
$349 | Props total: 0 0
this dude sucks so bad. him and young joc were the worst i ever seen on rap city in the booth.........horrible
 10-10-2006, 05:38 PM         #19
J_Rey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we need to bring it back
 11 years ago '05        #20
4Chun500 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 559 559
2 Me Scrappy Looks Like A young Nasir Jones.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy