Oct 10 - Al Gore Declares that Most Blacks in America Deserve Reperations

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
152 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Should Reparations be rewarded?

Props Slaps
 10-11-2006, 02:34 AM         #121
get_low99  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
reperations should be rewarded to us(blacks), cause our ancestors struggled so we can have a better life.
 11 years ago '04        #122
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,750 | Props total: 1563 1563
so where do we signup
 10-11-2006, 05:19 AM         #123
YusufSaad  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
okay like i said before i made up the article but heres some quotes i found from al gore"REAL":
Gore said the Confederate flag should come down from public buildings because it divides Americans. Gore said the flag represents “for many Americans a hurtful message that recalls the pain of slavery” and it should not be flown from the South Carolina Statehouse or other public buildings. “The citizens of goodwill everywhere must take a position on it and see that in fact the American flag heals and the Confederate flag divides us,” he said. “I think there is too much tolerance of intolerance.”
Source: Holly Ramer, a.ssociated Press Jan 16, 2000

another on REPARATIONS in particular:
Q. Do you think that reparations for African-Americans should be considered? A: I believe the best reparations is a good education and affirmative action to make available the kind of direct a.ssistance that has brought an empowerment zone here to Harlem. I think that we still need affirmative action in this country.
Source: Democrat debate in Harlem, NYC Feb 21, 2000

so yes al gore is basically agreeing with the majority of the people on this board

and this is for the people who say black people are responsible for whats going on against black people in music:
[Tipper and Al were stunned by the explicit violence in rock lyrics] when their children, ages 6 and 8, began to ask questions about things they had seen on MTV videos. Tipper, who as a teenager had inscribed “Rolling Stones Forever” on her old boyfriend’s 45rpm, was now an anxious mother of preadolescents. “These images frightened my children; they frightened me!” she wrote in her 1987 book Raising PG Kids in an X-Rated Society.. Tipper co-founded the Parents Music Resource Center and petitioned record makers for “voluntary self-restraint,” proposing a categorical rating system similar to the one employed by the film industry. In a committee hearing, Al Gore said about record executives, “I think they should take a look at what their companies are doing and just ask themselves whether or not this is the way they want to spend their lives, if this is the way they want to earn a living.”
Source: Inventing Al Gore, p.168-72 Mar 3, 2000

notice how he said the corperations and not the artists

heres a great quote about latino's
Q: Will you take a pledge that you will appoint a Hispanic to the Supreme Court? A: I’m going to avoid listing names of people to appoint, because I’m not going to get ahead of myself. I’m f!ghting to get the Democratic nomination. [However], If I am entrusted with the presidency, I will make appointments and nominations that fully reflect the diversity of our country to the Supreme Court as well as to the Cabinet, and that includes Latinos, yes.
Source: Democrat Debate in Des Moines, Iowa Jan 17, 2000

and this is the best quote IMO:
Q: Will you take a pledge that you will appoint a Hispanic to the Supreme Court? A: I’m going to avoid listing names of people to appoint, because I’m not going to get ahead of myself. I’m f!ghting to get the Democratic nomination. [However], If I am entrusted with the presidency, I will make appointments and nominations that fully reflect the diversity of our country to the Supreme Court as well as to the Cabinet, and that includes Latinos, yes.
Source: Democrat Debate in Des Moines, Iowa Jan 17, 2000

look at the figures think of how durastically history would have been changed if he was elected. well he was. oh whatever
 11 years ago '04        #124
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 693 693
i'm done plenty of research on this topic... I personally think that instead of money, pay my way through 4 years of college and then provide job placement within the Gov't or other major company/industry... they do it for Native Americans....
 11 years ago '04        #125
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 693 693
 iCantLose said:
Some of the black youth here are very heartbreaking to read. You have no since of black history and are severly lacking in black awareness. You have been brainwashed by the conservative system to only think of individual rights instead of civil and individual rights. You really believe that you are on a level playing field with whites. Sad. Even if you are, 90% of everyone else who looks like you is not. You will grow up and intergrate into white communities that will never accept you as equal. You will probably do nothing to uplift your brothers and sisters still in the struggle. You will only point the finger and shake your head. You make me pray that your selfish ignorance is not future blacks in this country.
cosign
 10-11-2006, 06:39 AM         #126
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so blacks get free college education and a hard working white guy who struggled his whole life also in a hard life should have to pay???!!!

NO!!!!! Blacks should work as hard as the rest of the world. sh*t happens in life and slavery was sh*t. Blacks did that sh*t to themselves and they had the choice to go BACK to africa if they felt they needed reperation. All we do is k!ll each other, create gangs, blame everyone else but our selves, make music to degrade and keep oursleves supressed and commit the worst hate crimes on each other and everyone else and then WE deserve a free hand...HELL NO! fu*k THAT! work for that sh*t the whole way and be proud of yourselves. Nobody has stopped us from actin' right. We mess it up for ourselves. Blacks have as much chance in america as whites do in africa. It's populated by whites and so it will be a white man's realm, If you wanna be black and 100% free of whit rule, go find your village in africa. If you don't wanna do that then stay here shut your a.ss up, put the guns down and WORK!!!!!

What about the million of black families who do work? What about them. What about the black people who dont want to leave this country....they just want respect to treated as a equal citizen in the country they were born in. What about the fact that this country's goverment has paid out money to damn near every race that they have inflicted opression on in this country...except mexicans and blacks.....if you they can not give every black some money in a way....then what about the families that lost members due to violence of the civil rights movement.....what about emmit till's mother...who had her sons k!ller convicted but he never faced a day in jail....what about the 4 girls who were k!lled in the church bomb what about thier family(did we as a race bring that on ourselves also?)

Answer me this.....do blacks in this country bring hatred on ourselves also? Its not our fault we were slaves are that we did not go back to Africa....to be honest 95 percent of blacks in those days couldnt afford to even travel to the next state let alone a far away distant country. Be realistic.......you may not feel as a black person that we deserve anything thats your choice...but dont knock black enthusiasist who want some sort of justice no matter how small or long ago that it happen IT STILL HAPPEN, PEOPLE STILL ARE BENIFITTING....and WE ARE TREATED AS IF ITS ALL OUR FAULT.........Im tired of it. Im tired of having my history defined by n*ggas in chains because our white goverment wants to decide that Black Kings and Queens of Africa are no importance to us as a race....but the slave trade definately is.....thats bullsh*t........anyway not to mumble you get my point........todays blacks are direct ancestors of yesterdays...you cant deny it or attempt to trace back the history....if your a black person in this country there is a 95 percent chance you came here through slavery.......its time THAT BLACK BE RESPECTED....dont just acknowledge the bads of our race....ACKNOWLEDGE the good.......recoginze that just because we want to correct an injustice done about our greats doesnt mean we dont work, are unintelligent, or lazy....its mean we want justice and respect...if nothign recognition that the oppression that we face HAS ALWAYS BEEN BY THE HANDS OF WHITE IN AMERICA....and not sh*t has changed that..........1
 11 years ago '04        #127
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
its way to late for something like this to be honest ...
 11 years ago '04        #128
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
 iCantLose said:
Some of the black youth here are very heartbreaking to read. You have no since of black history and are severly lacking in black awareness. You have been brainwashed by the conservative system to only think of individual rights instead of civil and individual rights. You really believe that you are on a level playing field with whites. Sad. Even if you are, 90% of everyone else who looks like you is not. You will grow up and intergrate into white communities that will never accept you as equal. You will probably do nothing to uplift your brothers and sisters still in the struggle. You will only point the finger and shake your head. You make me pray that your selfish ignorance is not future blacks in this country.
double , triple cosign ...

i mean wow , you couldnt have been more to the point on this .... and i think its really what i boils down to in general for the black community ... Natives in canada were givin land , tax exempts and even FREE post secondary education FREE !!! Its a big mockery now , cause they still sit back and as you so well put , "point the finger and shake your head" ....
 11 years ago '05        #129
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 394 394
 DJ Maximum said:
ppl dont understand money dont change things

especially reparations AND ITS SPELLED REPARATIONS LOL

n*ggaz Dont Know How To Act These Days Neway And Im Speaking As A Black Man Myself

I agree with Dj Max on this one money can’t take back the pain and suffering for years that the minority went through. To accept a payoff for the enslavement would basically tell other that it was ok that it was done and we can be paid off. I think instead of giving us one month give us two so we can celebrate our heritage.
 10-11-2006, 07:46 AM         #130
YusufSaad  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so your saying the past cant be paid off but you think it can be paid off with another month of black history? wtf
 11 years ago '06        #131
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
sniff sniff...smells like someone is making another run at the presidency and sniff sniff smells like someone is tryna get the black vote on their side. Wasn't there a black comedian who said "Everytime a black person votes republican a part of me dies" ??
 11 years ago '05        #132
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,410 | Props total: 394 394
[QUOTE=Dos-effect]so blacks get free college education and a hard working white guy who struggled his whole life also in a hard life should have to pay???!!!

I revoke My last statements that I said in Post eariler this week After I actualy read up on the subject I think we should recieve something. It doesn't really matter money or not. IMO opinion we should be able to have more scholarships, better jobs stuff like that.

Last edited by Jaiden05; 10-12-2006 at 01:02 PM..
 10-11-2006, 02:46 PM         #133
crunkynmunky  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pnoi89 said:
i think that reperations shouldn't be rewarded if it's only to blacks... people say that blacks had it the worst hundreds of years ago.. but i always learned that the Natives of the Americas had it the worst...if (any) reperations were to be rewarded to any race... it would be to U.S. citizens that of the Native American race including the black race... and we must not also forget about the Asians either...

well to add to this.... i also think it's a bad idea.... a lot of the money being given out is gonna be used in a negative way... in a way that's not gonna benefit the reciever.. instead of money, like many have been saying already... how bout some insurance.. better support in higher education.. etc.

though it failed miserabley, indians were given reservations and tax exempt status. and asians were not stolen from their homeland and forced to work in this country. its about time people stopped tryin to qualify slavery and its effects on the black pysche with other injustices perpetrated by the white man.
 11 years ago '06        #134
LBThrizzy 11 heat pts11
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 963 963
al gore > politicians
 10-11-2006, 03:53 PM         #135
Shakur195  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There is just as many white poor people as there is black....all races are fu*king suffering from poverty. None of us were fu*king here during slavery, cause isn't that what these reparations are all about? So if a white and black kid were bother born 19 years ago and we grew up and both had the same exact sh*t, made the same money, and lived the same, he is going to get a reparation? Just because his roots from 100's of years ago were enslaved means he gets money? Something that didn't effect HIS life AT ALL, nor his parents life. If any money is going to be given out it should be to AFRICA...Those are the real people starving everyday, dying everyday from hunger, disease, all that sh*t. PUT ALL MONEY FROM REPARATIONS INTO AFRICA.

Last edited by Shakur195; 10-11-2006 at 03:55 PM..
 10-11-2006, 04:10 PM         #136
crunkynmunky  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Shakur195 said:
There is just as many white poor people as there is black....all races are fu*king suffering from poverty. None of us were fu*king here during slavery, cause isn't that what these reparations are all about? So if a white and black kid were bother born 19 years ago and we grew up and both had the same exact sh*t, made the same money, and lived the same, he is going to get a reparation? Just because his roots from 100's of years ago were enslaved means he gets money? Something that didn't effect HIS life AT ALL, nor his parents life. If any money is going to be given out it should be to AFRICA...Those are the real people starving everyday, dying everyday from hunger, disease, all that sh*t. PUT ALL MONEY FROM REPARATIONS INTO AFRICA.
that unless you are a white man?
who are you to say it hasn't affected his life, or his parents life?
are you with him when he goes on job interviews, or applies for loans?

its not so much just about slavery as it is the social ramifications of slavery.
slavery was the catalyst for instutionalized racism against black americans in this country. and until its actually acknowledged and dealt with, this country will continue to have such a deep rooted race problem.
 10-11-2006, 04:16 PM         #137
nc4life  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
keep they damn money and take it and give funding for blecks to go to college, fix up our hoods, and better publics schools in poor areas. and finally, give blacks a chance to get a good job and get off the corner
 10-11-2006, 04:25 PM         #138
D@MN JOKeR  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Way to go Al Gore, you fu*king idiot
 10-11-2006, 04:45 PM         #139
calicheese  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
While I don't agree with Al Gore on this issue right now (I don't know yet though till we will see when the new set of bills that he is going to propose)

Big props to Al Gore on this issue because I know a lot of people feel the same way he does and its important.
 10-11-2006, 04:46 PM         #140
howiegee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think they need to take that money build better schools, allow the ones who want to learn, free college education. Some money would be fair. Just think, they had centuries of wealth from free and exploited labor. It is hard to determine a number but i think something is deserved.

prop if u agree
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
33 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
148 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
46 comments
24 hours ago