Oct 10 - Al Gore Declares that Most Blacks in America Deserve Reperations

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
104 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
89 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Should Reparations be rewarded?

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #41
memyselfni 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
if he runs for president again he wont be elected cause of that comment. cause hes admitting that white people were wrong then and still are wrong today. hell they might elect his a.ss then k!ll him...
 11 years ago '06        #42
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
 durdysoufpleya said:
well, african-americans as a group were held down, kept from advancement for hundreds of years while others had the opportunities to suceed and advance as much as they could, how could we expect anyone to be on an equal footing after only a few decades of equal opportunities?

think of it like a race, not because life is competitive, but because it is a path we are following, and hopefully sticking together in (all us humans are in this world together) african americans were held at the starting line for hundreds of years while others were allowed to use them to boost their speeds down the track, as a group, they will probably need some help catching up.
Hmmm...I never thought of it like that. However i think b4 i woul cosign to reparations an effective plan for the distribution would be needed and obviously not one is present...There is too much room for error that the gov't would be in fact negligent if they decided to try to give reparationsImagine race tests or blacks being told they're not "black enough" to receive reparations

'intro'out

Introspekt757 fka Remixdapics aka Ant
 11 years ago '04        #43
iCantLose 
space
space
$405 | Props total: 6 6
 introspekt757 said:
Imo reparations is an unfair form of a.ssistancecurrently. Formerly,within the 50 years subsequent to the civil war reparations in the monetary form would be acceptable. But as for receiving $ as reparations while it sounds like something that evrybody would want. It would empty this countrys coffers and be the economic downfall of America. Think about it, a large amt. of money is given to all the black people in america Prices in black communities would inflate b/c of an uneven disparity in the distribution of wealth Also the dispersion of repartions on the pratical scale is unfathomable there is really know way to show how much"blackness" people have since the majority of all people (regardless of race) share like 95% of the same dna codes and b/c of the interracials births in 1800s there is no way to prove or refute, african american lineage(despite lineage) As for other forms of reparations social, education, welfare, etc...i dont agree with it on the basis of racial preference. It is my belief that such forms of welfare should be based on merit & need (This occurs only in a utopian society however, one of the reasons i disagree w/affirmative action) I also disagree w/any form of reparations on the basis of cultural pride..reparations does nothing to dispel the fallacy, "Blacks looking for a handout" And finally i think reparations is a bad idea b/c it is illogical and morally wrong to charge others for crimes they did not commit and give to people who were not directly affected,1

'intro'out

I appreciate your intelligent response however flawed it may be. You must not have been raised in a true hood where reperations in the form of education and community building services would do a great deal to reform that type of community. I went to a school that used books 10 years old and no computers. True, more is needed than just economic means but it would definitely help. Go outside of your suburb and fully evaluate conditions that are in direct relation to slavery - jim crow - outright discrimination. Again, I am not dissing you because you thought out your post very well. I just don't think you see the full picture.
 11 years ago '04        #44
IanHummel 
space
space
$1,988 | Props total: 0 0
he's a democrat, what do you expect? He's trying to win over the black community even more as election time is coming. It's simple fu*kin politics.

I have a hard time believing that rich black people would get money, and if they did, I think the less well off black people would bi*ch. This society is so fu*ked up now days that black, white, indian, or asian, giving some people a little bit of money won't mean sh*t.

Should the jews get reperations for what happened to them? Should Christians get reperations for being crucified and fed to lions?

This sh*t is played out, old, and needs to be put to rest.

Last edited by IanHummel; 10-10-2006 at 10:09 AM..
 10-10-2006, 10:07 AM         #45
durdysoufpleya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh, and i dont think that reparations/welfare in the form of money is ever a good idea (of course, a little bit always helps, but a lot just gets out of hand too easily).
the best way is somewhat investing in the community. putting money into quality education everywhere, making sure that people are getting proper food, and being a.ssisted with making healthy choices (insuring access to fresh foods, good understanding of personal fitness and hygiene). mocernizing utilities and information access in areas where it is lacking. making real efforts to reduce crime, not by locking up more people, but rehabilitating more people, and making more awareness, security and creative crime f!ghting, not profiling and staggering numbers of arrests...
those kind of things allow people to live more comfortably, and make the most of what they have (talents, skills) whereas some of the conditions in poor communities today cause people to focus more on survival instead of thriving.
 11 years ago '04        #46
young 
space
space
space
$1,841 | Props total: 1 1
 Arceo said:
i voted for NO but looking at your avy..you could use a makeover...send me your email and ill pay to get your head shrunk down to a normal size somewhere in beverly hills

AHAHAHAHAH
 10-10-2006, 10:11 AM         #47
durdysoufpleya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 introspekt757 said:
Hmmm...I never thought of it like that. However i think b4 i woul cosign to reparations an effective plan for the distribution would be needed and obviously not one is present...There is too much room for error that the gov't would be in fact negligent if they decided to try to give reparationsImagine race tests or blacks being told they're not "black enough" to receive reparations

'intro'out

well, i think anyone who is disadvantaged can/should (morally, not always practically) be helped out. i have always thought that if you push people up from the bottom, everyone benefits and rises, whereas if you lifted from the top, people still get left behind (think of a spring)
so if you start helping out the poorest of the poor, you will progress slowly at first, but as they start rising, others above them will too, and more and mroe resources to help will be avalible, and it will be easier and easier to keep helping people.
 11 years ago '06        #48
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
 iCantLose said:
....I went to a school that used books 10 years old and no computers. True, more is needed than just economic means but it would definitely help. Go outside of your suburb and fully evaluate conditions that are in direct relation to slavery - jim crow - outright discrimination. Again, I am not dissing you because you thought out your post very well. I just don't think you see the full picture.

Concedes....True, i havent lived in the "hood"in over a decade i still have friends and fam in it. And i dont take it lightly what the struggle wit and the brief bit i experienced is was no easy matter to overcome so i do understand my views will be incomplete in regards to their plight, again i think as far as with race aid shouldnt be distributed but along socio-economic lines

'intro'out

11 years ago '04        #49
iCantLose 
space
space
 durdysoufpleya said:
well, i think anyone who is disadvantaged can/should (morally, not always practically) be helped out. i have always thought that if you push people up from the bottom, everyone benefits and rises, whereas if you lifted from the top, people still get left behind (think of a spring)
so if you start helping out the poorest of the poor, you will progress slowly at first, but as they start rising, others above them will too, and more and mroe resources to help will be avalible, and it will be easier and easier to keep helping people.
I feel you. Unfortunately that only happens in America with the NBA and NFL drafts. I wish more people thought like you. It would be a better USA with less crime.
 10-10-2006, 10:16 AM         #50
been_grimm  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YusufSaad said:
to be honest with yall i think taht balcks dont deserve reparations why should i pay for something that had nothing to do with mee hundreds of years ago?
thats just me though
You're obviously a dumbass...and yeah that's just you, though.
 11 years ago '04        #51
iCantLose 
space
space
 introspekt757 said:
Concedes....True, i havent lived in the "hood"in over a decade i still have friends and fam in it. And i dont take it lightly what the struggle wit and the brief bit i experienced is was no easy matter to overcome so i do understand my views will be incomplete in regards to their plight, again i think as far as with race aid shouldnt be distributed but along socio-economic lines

'intro'out

You are right, it should go to all poor people. I side with blacks first and foremost because many of the poor conditions that we are currently in are a direct effect of various discriminations right here in good ole USA.
 11 years ago '05        #52
DatKidDex 
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 386 386
Hell Yeah ! ! ! lol propz 2 gore
 11 years ago '06        #53
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
Reperations Now!!!
 10-10-2006, 10:30 AM         #54
been_grimm  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tha754kid said:
We dont need no damn reparations cuz we were not the ones out there slaving back then.
You're a dumbass, too. Think of race in America as a car race. Whites in America have been in Lams, Porches, Benzes, BMW's and Blacks have been in Pintos, Pacers, Gremlins, Yugo's. They've been racing for about 400 years. Civil Rights said, " Okay everybody has to re-start the race" but Whites still had the Porches and BM's and blacks were still in pacers. Reperations will restart the race and give blacks the opportunity to buy a Porche or Benz thus making for a fair and equal race.
 10-10-2006, 10:53 AM         #55
Playboysoldier  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
.........it'll never happen so keep dreaming
 10-10-2006, 11:09 AM         #56
nastynaj20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well as a n*gga... i would love to get money from the government for no reason.... show me the money!!!
 11 years ago '04        #57
iCantLose 
space
space
 nastynaj20 said:
well as a n*gga... i would love to get money from the government for no reason.... show me the money!!!
For no reason huh, you probably dont need it.
 10-10-2006, 12:02 PM         #58
ill800  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
work it al, work it. need that black vote come 2008
 10-10-2006, 12:12 PM         #59
casketmouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

We black people need to change our own foolish ignorant habits. repuration??? We fu*k it up for our selves with the black on black bullsh*t! We desease our selves. It is no longer "them" it's "us". They shouldn't be held responsible for sh*t!!!! Black people pull triggers and rob stores on their own accord.
 11 years ago '04        #60
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9511 9511
 Arceo said:
this reparations sh*t is a horrible idea that needs to die...who deserves payment for something someone else did, thats on some White Man tactics, and no one wants to be on that level
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
90 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy