Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Should Reparations be rewarded?

Props Slaps
 10-10-2006, 06:55 AM         #21
YusufSaad  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
okay guys i gotta admit that i made this article up to try and bring an actual discussion to the table about reparations. when al gore said it people started to come out of the woodwork and actually voice their opinions and have a REAL discussion bs got old real quick in the last few months because of nonsesnse discussion. but basically all that i wrote that al gore said i beleived sincerely. i think reparations shouldnt be cash money but should be money to buy houses or a college education or better and more honest textbooks to schools in impovershed neighborhoods

mods please dont delete
 10-10-2006, 07:01 AM         #22
catchaBreath  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol @ some of you buying into this publicity stunt. reperations are not happening...
 10-10-2006, 07:08 AM         #23
catchaBreath  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cylla said:
fu*k you cracker jack bastard. i hope you family dies soon
If you want to throw out racial slurs, you should delete your account now before someone else does.
 10-10-2006, 07:09 AM         #24
catchaBreath  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YusufSaad said:
okay guys i gotta admit that i made this article up to try and bring an actual discussion to the table about reparations. when al gore said it people started to come out of the woodwork and actually voice their opinions and have a REAL discussion bs got old real quick in the last few months because of nonsesnse discussion. but basically all that i wrote that al gore said i beleived sincerely. i think reparations shouldnt be cash money but should be money to buy houses or a college education or better and more honest textbooks to schools in impovershed neighborhoods

mods please dont delete
Mods please delete. Now I begin to wonder half the bullsh*t that is posted; if it's real or not.:finger:

No reperations for you buddy.
 10-10-2006, 07:13 AM         #25
YusufSaad  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dont listen to catch a breath hes just trying to change the pace of the discussion. just because you didnt like what i said doesnt mean i dont have the right to voice my opinions and dont try to bring up any internet rules that only work in your favor. your telling me that the olsen twins being racist is real news? get the fu*k outta here
 10-10-2006, 07:35 AM         #26
Dos-effect  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I feel you YoSef.....just looking at some of these post...."n*ggas dont want to work"?

bi*ch I got a job....every brother I know got a job....black people do work....9-5 jobs........Black people are not going to spend the money on dumb sh*t...at least not all of us....Alot of blacks have good heads on thier shoulders....they have bills on property that they own.....Im so sick of this board......You fu*king f*gs dont know sh*t about black people except what you see on the Chappele show.

And Reperations IS NOT UNFAIR.....only a white person feels that way....no black man who faces black struggle will EVER take that stance....because we all know its not about the money.....but the human decency to say that Black Americans are a part of this country.....that they respect our history as not just another way it was....but with actual understanding that enslavment for that long will be detrimental to the sucess of any race......especially if that race has to f!ght through post slavery racism to the extent of horrific terrorism
 11 years ago '05        #27
rara68 
space
space
$320 | Props total: 0 0
instead of reperations they should pay for college
 10-10-2006, 07:48 AM         #28
TrkyMfns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Staggolee420 said:
Native Canadians up here have been receiving government funding for the way they were historically mistreated and the money, for the majority, goes to booze, cigarettes, and drugs. Now granted not all of these people are like this, but lets just say in a town of 1000 people (SandyBay, Sask.) with 500 children, 400 of them had Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Ive seen these peoples kids eating dog food because Daddy needs booze. I really, really dont think giving MONEY is a good idea. How bout schooling? Medicare? Employment opportunities?? Something that will encourage an effort from a person to make their life better, not just a payoff.

Now half of you will probably think Im racist because I dont support the idea lol.
That's what I think and i'm black btw. Pay for my schooling, help me buy a house. Help me better myself, not just give me money because then it won't have true value, wheras if I earned it, then it would.
 11 years ago '04        #29
Montana5085 
space
space
space
$229 | Props total: 0 0
I really dont think we as blacks should recieve it, unless its a large sum of money (like 100k a year) that will be given out in monthly checks. I say that because the government in my opinion is the main reason that a lot of blacks live in poverty stricken neighborhoods today. If you place a person in that type of environment with no way out, you place drugs in that environment and a ton of other negative things this person will most likely fail at life. On top on the negative surrounding the government trys to trap us in, they give us a very small monthly check and food stamps. So imagine that, this person who perception of life is very negative, gets a check that ables them to barely survive,free food and low income housing and can't work because if they do their benifits will be cut off. If you don't know any better, which most blacks in the "hood" don't you get content with that and just accept it as life. So why wouldn't the government want to pull more blacks down and keep more blacks content by giving them reparations? Just food for thought
 10-10-2006, 08:20 AM         #30
Pexiliod  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i mean, if it happens then it happens, if it dont, then it dont..but im just tired of people only lookin at, what they call "african-americans" as only havin hardships as far as slavery..Natives from all countries also, even the american natives they stole it from, n the carribean islands they invaded then brought to virginia..i just think EVERYONE should be enlightened/reminded...
 10-10-2006, 09:02 AM         #31
stash48  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think that for the next 10-20 years all african americans should be aloud to go to college for free and the one in college should stop paying for it that way if we want it we have to work for it u cant just give millions of people in poor neighborhoods tons of money cause that will juswt result in MASSIVE deaths and drug overdosing
EAGLES 38 COWBOYS 24 O.D. i mean T.O. sux
 11 years ago '04        #32
hewsdaddy 
space
space
$7,277 | Props total: 2 2
 BlaZin'04 said:
That's what I think and i'm black btw. Pay for my schooling, help me buy a house. Help me better myself, not just give me money because then it won't have true value, wheras if I earned it, then it would.

its still not earning it. basically youre describing the cash vs. a gift certificate.
 11 years ago '04        #33
imrickjames 
space
space
space
$565 | Props total: 4 4
to anyone who says why should they have to pay because it had nothing to do with it...we do that sh*t all the time, you didnt have anything to do with 'saddam and his wmds' but its cool to pay for that...im not saying i approve of reperations because our culture is so integrated who determines who gets what? that would start a whole new set of problems so i say fu*k it, white people just start playing fair in the corporate world..

..besides, chappelle was kinda right about that sh*t on that skit
 10-10-2006, 09:36 AM         #34
willy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the money thing would just cause the man dem fi blaze them gun MORE on one another. so i dont think is money should be paid to cover up the fu*kry as the yute say is jobs and better houses and better school programes and dem thing ago help people right now.
 11 years ago '04        #35
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,902 | Props total: 833 833
We dont need no damn reparations cuz we were not the ones out there slaving back then.
 11 years ago '04        #36
iCantLose 
space
space
$405 | Props total: 6 6
I fully SUPPORT reparations in the form of EDUCATION, HEALTHCARE, AND COMMUNITY BUILDING that should come from every American's taxes, not just white.

For you good white folks that dont believe in it is deserved. Think about it like this... Its for more than just slavery. Slavery ended in 1865. From 1865 to 1965, there were Jim Crow laws. My dad had to go to the back of the bus, get his take out from the back of building and be called zzzzzz every time he went outside his neighborhood. He didn't get the job he deserved because he is black, even though he has a Masters Degree. White America treated blacks very bad up until 40 years ago and our neighborhoods reflect that.

I don't support just giving black folks a blank check but our communities need the help and support from those who made it the way it is. So even if "YOU" personally were not a slave master it is absurd to deny the effects of white America's cruel injustices (raping our women, beating us, calling us 3/5's of a person, forcing our women to breed children for slavery, spraying my family with water hoses for f!ghting to vote, ect.. ect..) that it did to us up until 1965.

If you want crime and murders to be better for your kids, think outside of the box for once. Peace.

Last edited by iCantLose; 10-10-2006 at 10:08 AM..
 11 years ago '06        #37
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
Imo reparations is an unfair form of a.ssistancecurrently. Formerly,within the 50 years subsequent to the civil war reparations in the monetary form would be acceptable. But as for receiving $ as reparations while it sounds like something that evrybody would want. It would empty this countrys coffers and be the economic downfall of America. Think about it, a large amt. of money is given to all the black people in america Prices in black communities would inflate b/c of an uneven disparity in the distribution of wealth Also the dispersion of repartions on the pratical scale is unfathomable there is really know way to show how much"blackness" people have since the majority of all people (regardless of race) share like 95% of the same dna codes and b/c of the interracials births in 1800s there is no way to prove or refute, african american lineage(despite lineage) As for other forms of reparations social, education, welfare, etc...i dont agree with it on the basis of racial preference. It is my belief that such forms of welfare should be based on merit & need (This occurs only in a utopian society however, one of the reasons i disagree w/affirmative action) I also disagree w/any form of reparations on the basis of cultural pride..reparations does nothing to dispel the fallacy, "Blacks looking for a handout" And finally i think reparations is a bad idea b/c it is illogical and morally wrong to charge others for crimes they did not commit and give to people who were not directly affected,1

'intro'out

Introspekt757 fka Remixdapics aka Ant
 10-10-2006, 09:58 AM         #38
durdysoufpleya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YusufSaad said:
to be honest with yall i think taht balcks dont deserve reparations why should i pay for something that had nothing to do with mee hundreds of years ago?
thats just me though
well, african-americans as a group were held down, kept from advancement for hundreds of years while others had the opportunities to suceed and advance as much as they could, how could we expect anyone to be on an equal footing after only a few decades of equal opportunities?

think of it like a race, not because life is competitive, but because it is a path we are following, and hopefully sticking together in (all us humans are in this world together) african americans were held at the starting line for hundreds of years while others were allowed to use them to boost their speeds down the track, as a group, they will probably need some help catching up.
 11 years ago '06        #39
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
OH YEAH!!! and if blacks get reparations should the chinese, mexicans, japanese & native americans get it as well?(Just sum food 4 thought)

'intro'out

Introspekt757 fka Remixdapics aka Ant
 11 years ago '04        #40
iCantLose 
space
space
$405 | Props total: 6 6
As much as it is deserved, it will never happen. Reparations are un-"American". We are bred to believe only the strongest survive and fu*k helping the little man (that requires sharing and relinquinshing some power). That is why the rich will stay rich and the poor (regardless of race) will stay poor.
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now