LL Cool J Beat Jay-Z in a battle real talk

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
79 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
135 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
8687 pageviews
30 comments

m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,533 | Props total: 275 275
LL Cool J Beat Jay-Z in a battle real talk

Early years
Originally from the infamous Marcy Houses projects, in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of Brooklyn in New York City, Shawn Carter was abandoned by his father Adnes Reeves when he was twelve years old. Jay-Z attended George Westinghouse High School in Downtown Brooklyn and Trenton Central High School in Trenton, New Jersey but did not graduate. He claims to have been caught up in selling drugs on the streets of New York in the Marcy projects. In addition to this, Jay-Z has lyrically alluded to having sold cocaine and marijuana.

According to his mother Gloria Carter, a young Jay-Z used to keep his siblings up at night banging out drum patterns on the kitchen table. Eventually, she bought him a boombox for his birthday and thus sparked his interest in music. He began freestyling, writing rhymes, and followed the music of many artists popular at the time.

In his neighborhood, Carter was known as "Jazzy," a nickname which eventually developed into his stage name, "Jay-Z." The moniker is also an homage to his musical mentor Jaz-O (a.k.a. Jaz, Big Jaz) as well as to the J-Z subway lines that have a stop at Marcy Avenue in Brooklyn.

Jay-Z can be heard on several of Jaz-O's early recordings in the late 80's and early 90's, including "The Originators" and "Hawaiian Sophie." He and Jaz-O once ran into a blossoming LL Cool J in the park and were beaten in a freestyle battle by the self proclaimed G.O.A.T. He also collaborated with Inglewood, California producer Three-1-Zero. His career had a jump start when he battled a rapper by the name of Zai. The battle caught the eye of many record labels, as Jay-Z was able to hold his own against Zai. He also made an appearance on a popular song by Big L, "Da Graveyard," and on Mic Geronimo's "Time to Build," which also featured early appearances by DMX and Ja Rule in 1995.

[pic - click to view]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayz

30 comments for "LL Cool J Beat Jay-Z in a battle real talk"

10-09-2006, 04:02 PM         #2
ronb1412004 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ye wats the point in this thread ll cool j use to be a good rapper its definitely no shame to be beaten by a young ll he use to be a beast
 10-09-2006, 04:04 PM         #3
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wikipedia is your source?
 10-09-2006, 04:06 PM         #4
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ll beat alot of n*ggas in battles......his songs is more for the bi*ches these days but like ol boy said...old ll was a beast

Its a shame how he did canibus by the way.....lol..
 10-09-2006, 04:08 PM         #5
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who hasn't beat Jay in a battle Raekwon, DMX............................
 10-09-2006, 04:11 PM         #6
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ive heard this same story with the outcome being different

and who hasnt beat jay in a batle?

gza for one
 11 years ago '04        #7
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
i'm pretty sure Jay-Z beat LL in the battle, which is the reason why LL can't take offense when Jay calls himself the GOAT
 11 years ago '05        #8
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
$4,743 | Props total: 1011 1011
I heard that is was outside of a club one night and LL wouldn't battle Jay or Jaz. Jay didn't battle Raekwon it was Gza and Gza said it wasn't a battle and nobody really won if it was. They both just walked away like n*gga you can't touch me. With X in the pool hall I heard you could vote either way on that one and not be wrong. I only seen a piece of it and didn't see X's part.
 11 years ago '04        #9
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 A-N-D-1 said:
I heard that is was outside of a club one night and LL wouldn't battle Jay or Jaz. Jay didn't battle Raekwon it was Gza and Gza said it wasn't a battle and nobody really won if it was. They both just walked away like n*gga you can't touch me. With X in the pool hall I heard you could vote either way on that one and not be wrong. I only seen a piece of it and didn't see X's part.
both DMX and Jay-Z kicked writtens in the battle...
DMX said he dropped his Scenario 2000 verse in the battle
 10-09-2006, 07:47 PM         #10
buddy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ll >>>>>>>> jay
 11 years ago '04        #11
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 15522 15522
bizzy bone beat jay-z in a battle

this was when they were still unknown tho.. just coming up
 11 years ago '06        #12
93G4Life 
space
space
$6,418 | Props total: 2 2
 A-N-D-1 said:

Same thing I heard...
 11 years ago '04        #13
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 15522 15522

that's the bizzy interview he talks about jay-z
 10-09-2006, 08:02 PM         #14
Ratio 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I could see ll rippin a young jay...jay was whack back in the day..rappin all fast...
 10-09-2006, 08:16 PM         #15
MOSESCANOVA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Andre3000 said:
him and rea never battled it was actaully him and gza which i heard both of them talk about and neither one of them would say who won and from what i heard he gave LL the business not saying its true just what i heard. but i know he battles gza and gza even gave him mad respect and when u get that from that man then u know u nice. and have u seen the whole battle of him and dmx? if not then don't say x beat him cuz u dont know
 11 years ago '04        #16
hewsdaddy 
space
space
$7,277 | Props total: 2 2
 Andre3000 said:

NAS!
 11 years ago '04        #17
BigBang 
space
space
$1,497 | Props total: 68 68
who the fu*k cares, at the end of the day

Reasonable Doubt>>>>>>LL Cool J's Life
 10-09-2006, 09:01 PM         #18
MOSESCANOVA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BigBang said:
who the fu*k cares, at the end of the day

Reasonable Doubt>>>>>>LL Cool J's Life
lol real talk
 11 years ago '05        #19
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
only big name rap dudes on record ever battling jigga was gza,dmx and busta.Gza and Dmx served hov and dmx got a draw.....wikpedia is the most unreliable source ever
 11 years ago '04        #20
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
i can go change that sh*t like...now.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
147 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
45 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
95 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
297 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy