most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
195 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #21
Y2Luda 5 heat pts OP
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 JaeHood313 said:
lol yall laughin now but what if yall boy smith get hurt next week then what would yall be sayin????? dont jinx them overated a.ss OSU
First, where do you see anyone "laughing?"

Second, as good as Mario is he isn't as good as Troy, YET, and isn't as important to the team so that is a bit different.

Third, if you think me making a thread on Boxden is going to up the chances of any OSU player getting hurt you are naive.

Fourth, "overrated" uh? Coming from a Michigan fan that has been alive the last couple years that is laughable.
 10-09-2006, 06:44 PM         #22
fivetwenty5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
...and this makes #2. You are going to keep following up my posts with this until I respond aren't you?

Well here it is, take it in. Yes, the Yankees fu*ked themselves, but as a Yankee fan I've grown quite used to it. Still a better franchise then the Mets though, and at least we'll CONSISTANTLY get to the playoffs.

But again, the Yankees choked.
you've got to give some credit to the tigers, the yankees didn't single handedly beat themselves.:rolleyes:

& fu*k a wolverine.

11 years ago '05        #23
Y2Luda 5 heat pts OP
space
space
 fivetwenty5 said:
you've got to give some credit to the tigers, the yankees didn't single handedly beat themselves.:rolleyes:

& fu*k a wolverine.

I dont think I need to give them any credit, all the credit they need is the fact they are still playing.

Also, the main point to be taken away from this is the more talented collection of talent lost, but notice I didn't say TEAM.

As always, the last part of your post is BEAUTIFUL!
 10-09-2006, 06:48 PM         #24
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fivetwenty5 said:

leave em alone, ive had my fun
 11 years ago '04        #25
Cage 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 3492 3492
 Y2Luda said:
Actually I got the information from the same person who broke the news at 9:30 a.m.

Also, I've explained why it says "questionable" for the PSU game. What you choose to believe past that point is of no consequence.

Anyone who has followed college football on this board for the last 2 years or so knows I would know what I'm talking about in a situation like this. You keep making things up to feel better though.

@ wanting him out. I'd much rather beat a Michigan team at full strength so there are no excuses.
stop tryna act like u got some inside scoop, "the same person who broke the news at 9:30 a.m." sports talk radio circulated the rumor

could he be out for the year? sure, but why start the thread & continue to spread the rumor, why not just wait until they make an official announcement?
 11 years ago '05        #26
Y2Luda 5 heat pts OP
space
space
[QUOTE=Cage]
 Cage said:
stop tryna act like u got some inside scoop, "the same person who broke the news at 9:30 a.m." sports talk radio circulated the rumor

could he be out for the year? sure, but why start the thread & continue to spread the rumor, why not just wait until they make an official announcement?
I got something for you to read:

Fourth-ranked Michigan will likely be without its most dynamic receiver at Happy Valley against Penn State on Saturday night, and he could miss much more time than that.

The Detroit News, citing sources close to the situation, reported on Monday that Mario Manningham is expected to undergo arthroscopic surgery Tuesday morning to repair a partially torn meniscus in his knee. The paper also said Manningham may have a partial tear of the medial collateral ligament in the knee.

So how is THAT for "official?"

As I said before, I got the information from a source that is rarely wrong and broke it on a few sites at around 9:30. I dont have to "act" like anything.

So yet again, I know what I'm talking about, wish the same could be said of you.

I was told that the original injury looked to be 4-5 weeks and that if anything major was torn that it would be the season......looks "spot on" according to this.

I'm sure you'll come back with something to say, yet again, even though you dont have a leg to stand on.

Last edited by Y2Luda; 10-10-2006 at 04:12 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #27
Cage 12 heat pts12
space
space
 Y2Luda said:

I got something for you to read:

Fourth-ranked Michigan will likely be without its most dynamic receiver at Happy Valley against Penn State on Saturday night, and he could miss much more time than that.

The Detroit News, citing sources close to the situation, reported on Monday that Mario Manningham is expected to undergo arthroscopic surgery Tuesday morning to repair a partially torn meniscus in his knee. The paper also said Manningham may have a partial tear of the medial collateral ligament in the knee.

So how is THAT for "official?"

As I said before, I got the information from a source that is rarely wrong and broke it on a few sites at around 9:30. I dont have to "act" like anything.

So yet again, I know what I'm talking about, wish the same could be said of you.

I was told that the original injury looked to be 4-5 weeks and that if anything major was torn that it would be the season......looks "spot on" according to this.

I'm sure you'll come back with something to say, yet again, even though you dont have a leg to stand on.
did i say he wasnt gonna be out?

i said why didnt u wait until something official was released instead of spreadin uncorroborated rumors

u knew it was rumors because ur first sentence says "Still to be determined for how long." if nothin had been made official yet why start the thread & go on about him not being back until the bowl game?

sounds like u juiced ur little panties when u heard somethin about him not bein able to make the osu game
 11 years ago '04        #28
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$13,021 | Props total: 2923 2923
 Cage said:
sounds like u juiced ur little panties
squishie squishie
 11 years ago '04        #29
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
dman dawg you havent said anything about wanting manningham out but people will think that just b/c u started the thread
 11 years ago '04        #30
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
damn this is gonna hurt. we still can do it. penn state is not a threat.
 10-10-2006, 01:20 PM         #31
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dtownboy313 said:
damn this is gonna hurt. we still can do it. penn state is not a threat.
:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:
 11 years ago '05        #32
The_Legend23 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,379 | Props total: 0 0
manningham isnt the key to this team so it wont hurt as much as people think. Arrington is coming o now that he is healthy brea$ton is so so . but the key for michigan is keeping hart healthy if hart is healthy then we have a chance at doing this
 11 years ago '04        #33
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

y'all are not a threat. mike hart and grady will control this game. henne will make good throws when needed. you already know what the defense gon do. shut down the running game. without that y'all done
 10-10-2006, 01:30 PM         #34
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
October 10, 2006

Chris Balas
TheWolverine.com Senior Editor

Talk about it in The Fort
With a 6-0 start having supressed the memory of last year's 7-5 season, thanks to a stifling defense and an opportunistic, ball control offense, Michigan seemed on track for a winner-take-all showdown in Columbus Nov. 18. One freak play in Saturday's 31-13 win over Michigan State, however, could have changed the Wolverines' fortunes.

The Detroit News reported that super sophomore receiver Mario Manningham was expected to undergo arthroscopic surgery Tuesday morning (Oct. 10) to repair a partial torn meniscus and a possible partial tear of a medial collateral ligament in a knee, one expected to keep him on the sidelines for several weeks. Manningham left the game at the 3:22 mark of the third quarter on an innocuous looking play in which he wasn't involved in contact, leading to speculation that he was hurt on his final touchdown catch – a 27-yarder earlier in the third quarter – or maybe even in the celebration.

Asked Monday what happened on the play, fifth-year senior wide receiver Steve brea$ton shrugged and said, "He scored a touchdown."

Mario Manningham will miss Saturday's game with Penn State, but might return sooner than first expected.
Manningham iced the knee for the remainder of the game, and was later whisked away from the locker room in a university van, another sign something wasn't right.

Michigan head coach Lloyd Carr wouldn't comment on Manningham's injury at his weekly press conference, insisting he didn't know everything there was to know. In his Tuesday teleconference he confirmed the surgery had taken place, adding he was "thrilled" with doctors reports.

"We got great news as far as the injury, and he'll miss this week," said Carr. "But we're very excited about the news we received."

Carr also expressed confidence in his other receivers, noting true freshman Greg Mathews and fifth-year senior Carl Tabb, now nearing 100 percent after struggling through an undisclosed injury, have the ability.

Neither, though, has Manningham's knack for the big play, and it's evident in the numbers. The sophomore has caught eight touchdowns over 20 yards in six games – the school single-season record is 10, set by Braylon Edwards (a first round pick of the Cleveland Browns, No. 3 overall, in the 2005 draft) – leads the Big Ten in receiving yards (averaging 87.8 yards) and total receiving yards (527), and is tops in the country in receiving touchdowns with nine.

Furthermore, he's done it all despite averaging just four receptions per game. His 22.0 average yards per reception puts him on pace for the sixth-best single-season total in Michigan history, behind Jim Smith (28.3 in 1975, 27.5 in 1976), Greg McMurtry (23.1 in 1986, 22.6 in 1987) and d*ck Rifenburg, who averaged 22.3 yards per grab in 1948.

While Mathews has shown promise, he's more possession receiver than deep threat, having caught only two passes for 18 yards this season. Tabb might have the best straight-line speed on the team, but his long catch is only 21 yards, which came in 2003 against Ohio State.

Tabb's contribution this year? One catch for two yards against Michigan State last week, after managing 12 receptions for 96 yards in 2005.

Redshirt sophomore Adrian Arrington has stretched the field in his last two games, catching a 37-yard touchdown at Minnesota, while brea$ton, despite his outstanding speed, has been best underneath. His career-long touchdowns – 52 yards at Iowa last year, 50 yards against Texas in the 2005 Rose Bowl – came on long runs after short catches.

brea$ton, however, stubbornly refused to concede the Wolverines were in dire straits without Manningham's home run capabilities.

"I really feel like all receivers are prepared for any situation," he said, "even the receivers coming off the bench. He's scored a lot and he's a big part of our offense, but I'm not worried.

"Whenever you can score quick strike downfield, that's good for any team. He's been doing that all year. But I think we're explosive, a lot more than just him, especially in our running game when it comes to Mike [Hart]."

With or without Manningham, this week's game might have been a good time to employ the tight ends. Minnesota's Matt Spaeth abused the Penn State secondary for 99 yards on six catches, including a 30-yard touchdown in PSU's 28-27 overtime win, while Notre Dame's John Carlson had a big game in a 41-17 Irish win over the Nittany Lions earlier this year, catching six for 98.

But with fifth-year senior Tyler Ecker doubtful with an ankle injury suffered September 30 at Minnesota, that leaves redshirt sophomore Mike Massey and redshirt frosh Carson Butler to pick up the slack. The duo has nine catches between them this year.

Despite the "we'll survive" mentality, brea$ton admitted the Wolverines had been living a charmed existence after last year's injury-sabotaged season.

"[Without injuries], everybody is out there just focused on preparing; you're not worried about anything in the back of your mind," said brea$ton. "You're able to get people in position to work on things during the week, and by the end of the week everybody's healthy and there are basically no excuses."

No matter who takes the field, though, the end result is the same.

"You've got to go out and get it done," he said.
 10-10-2006, 01:31 PM         #35
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dtownboy313 said:
y'all are not a threat. mike hart and grady will control this game. henne will make good throws when needed. you already know what the defense gon do. shut down the running game. without that y'all done
if we can hang against OSU

we can beat yall

im not gonna argue

im not gonna get upset

we will see what happens on saturday

till then, i reserve all right to :sleepy: on meeeeeechigan
 11 years ago '04        #36
Cage 12 heat pts12
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
dman dawg you havent said anything about wanting manningham out but people will think that just b/c u started the thread
its pretty obvious what was behind him startin this thread

i can see if he was a michigan fan & voiced his concerns on the matter but he was clearly happy to hear osu might not have to cover mario....
 11 years ago '05        #37
Y2Luda 5 heat pts OP
space
space
 Cage said:
did i say he wasnt gonna be out?

i said why didnt u wait until something official was released instead of spreadin uncorroborated rumors

u knew it was rumors because ur first sentence says "Still to be determined for how long." if nothin had been made official yet why start the thread & go on about him not being back until the bowl game?

sounds like u juiced ur little panties when u heard somethin about him not bein able to make the osu game
This wasn't a rumor, the amount of time was. You honestly cannot be this slow. The person who let me know what was going on said he was out, so that wasn't an issue, but the length of time was.

The fact of the matter is you are basing your argument on speculation and things you know little about.

Keep hope alive though.

Cage said:
its pretty obvious what was behind him startin this thread

i can see if he was a michigan fan & voiced his concerns on the matter but he was clearly happy to hear osu might not have to cover mario....
"Clearly happy?"

There was no undertone of me being happy, upset, etc. What this is is YOU a.ssuming something, being told you were wrong, and now trying to tell me, and others, what I meant. The sheer thought of YOU knowing what I meant better than me is ridiculous.

As I said above, "keep hope alive."

Last edited by Y2Luda; 10-10-2006 at 06:56 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #38
Y2Luda 5 heat pts OP
space
space
Anyway, the "source" of this just came out with updated news:

He just got a call that said Mario should be back for the Ball State game, when they performed the surgery they found the MCL was fine. He should play in the OSU game, unless something odd happens.
 11 years ago '05        #39
Y2Luda 5 heat pts OP
space
space
 The_Legend23 said:
manningham isnt the key to this team so it wont hurt as much as people think. Arrington is coming o now that he is healthy brea$ton is so so . but the key for michigan is keeping hart healthy if hart is healthy then we have a chance at doing this
It is up for debate whether he is the "key" IMO. Of course Hart plays a big role. Anyway, Henne looked like he regressed last year when Braylon left and him not having a true dominant WR. He has one this year and again, he looks like he did 2 years ago. When someone has accouted for 39% of your teams total TD's and he's a WR, he's a pretty big deal. He's 70% of Hennes TD passes and has 4 more TD's than Hart.

Throw in that Hart is dealing with his ankle right now and it intensifies the situation a bit more.
 11 years ago '04        #40
Cage 12 heat pts12
space
space
 Y2Luda said:
"Clearly happy?"

There was no undertone of me being happy, upset, etc. What this is is YOU a.ssuming something, being told you were wrong, and now trying to tell me, and others, what I meant. The sheer thought of YOU knowing what I meant better than me is ridiculous.

As I said above, "keep hope alive."
@ u tryna act like u wasnt in a state of ecstasy when u heard mario might not play in the osu game....
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
43 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
57 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy