Kicker vs Earthquakes for SPL

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
113 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
55 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-05-2006, 09:37 PM         #1
8887 pageviews
33 comments

Infamous_01 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kicker vs Earthquakes for SPL

Which is better for Spl? Sq? I just came across with an earthquake sub that supposedly pumps out 7000 RMS!!!!>>>>>

[pic - click to view]

Ruler of DBDragg
Now more than ever the name Earthquake has become synonymous with winners circle, ruler of DBDrag, the one to beat etc. For 2005 we elaborated on the bar and raised it so high it wont be touched exceeding even our best.
The HoLeeS-15 competition subwoofer weighs in at 100lbs. net. It packs four superior spider units, a 4" dual voice coil with a flat wire surface, patented PSP terminals, a high roll surround and k!ller looks.
If your ready bring home 1st place your at the right place. If your using anything else you'll just get second and be the first looser
SPECS
Sensitivity 85.0 dB
Qts .338
Fo 25.475 Hz
15,000 Watts Peak
7000 Watts RMS each coil
Over 4" long throw excursion
Dual (2x1ohms) 4" x 8" High Temp military grade flat wire voice coil.
(4)Quad Nomax / Romax spider construction
8 gauge speaker connections
112lbs.
Reccomended Enclosure
6-10 Cu Ft 1" MDF Minimum
Port Surface 107.25 sq in
Port Length 18.5" Depending on the tuning frequency
100 fu*kIN POUNDS MAN!!!!!!image

33 comments for "Kicker vs Earthquakes for SPL"

10-05-2006, 09:48 PM         #2
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
doesnt that thing cost like 3000 dollars, good luck getting a hold of that and i have no idea how it would sound, i doubt anyone on this site does since none of us have prolly ever seen it in person...
 11 years ago '04        #3
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,519 | Props total: 55 55
Sorry, but just looking at the DB sensitivity (Being 85db) ... I can a.ssure you that this will not compete with Soundstreams 15" SPLX (which have a db sensitivity of 99.9db) woofers that take 2500 WRMS bursts or there 15" x*x subwoofers that take a RMS of 8500 watts (DB Sensitivity of 89db)

Soundstream SPLX Link

Soundstream x*x Link

Those two subwoofers I listed have there hands full with competing with the Brahma 15's and the RE-XXX 15's of the world as well.

This earthquake reminds me of the immortal that is produced by Audio Bahn. Take a huge RMS load, but just can't put out in the DB department ...

Looks impressive though. But I would rather have one of the 4 woofers I listed for SPL competition.

Currently I have a Type-X 12, with an MRD-M1000, for my subwoofer setup ... along with Polk-EX 6x9's and 6.5 Components powered off of a MRV-T320 for 6x9's and a MRV-T420 for my 6.5's. That's my stage setup, and I have a Alpine IVA-D300 for a DVD setup as well. Car sounds mint as hell hitting just about every frequency from low low end, to high high's. I'm happy with it, but I got out of the SPL competition along time ago ... but I hope this information helps!
 10-05-2006, 10:23 PM         #4
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wawdy24 said:
Sorry, but just looking at the DB sensitivity (Being 85db) ... I can a.ssure you that this will not compete with Soundstreams 15" SPLX (which have a db sensitivity of 99.9db) woofers that take 2500 WRMS bursts or there 15" x*x subwoofers that take a RMS of 8500 watts (DB Sensitivity of 89db)

Soundstream SPLX Link

Soundstream x*x Link

Those two subwoofers I listed have there hands full with competing with the Brahma 15's and the RE-XXX 15's of the world as well.

This earthquake reminds me of the immortal that is produced by Audio Bahn. Take a huge RMS load, but just can't put out in the DB department ...

Looks impressive though. But I would rather have one of the 4 woofers I listed for SPL competition.

Currently I have a Type-X 12, with an MRD-M1000, for my subwoofer setup ... along with Polk-EX 6x9's and 6.5 Components powered off of a MRV-T320 for 6x9's and a MRV-T420 for my 6.5's. That's my stage setup, and I have a Alpine IVA-D300 for a DVD setup as well. Car sounds mint as hell hitting just about every frequency from low low end, to high high's. I'm happy with it, but I got out of the SPL competition along time ago ... but I hope this information helps!
completly agree!:applause:
 11 years ago '06        #5
FeS RoY 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,128 | Props total: 12 12
 Wawdy24 said:
never heard the type X's, how are they? i do the JL thing, 13 W7 and JL 1000/1 Slash :D
 10-05-2006, 11:58 PM         #6
druthafoo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The DB sensitivity has nothing to do with out levels but more towards SQ if I remember correctly.
 10-05-2006, 11:58 PM         #7
druthafoo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As far as your thread title goes, two L7's ported in the right box will knock you off your feet.
 10-06-2006, 01:30 PM         #8
GhosT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if oyu looking for just spl, i say the eartquakes, if you want something inbetween, and personalyl i hate kickers, kicker would be an overally better option out of the 2
one
GhosT
 11 years ago '04        #9
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
 *FeS_RoY* said:
never heard the type X's, how are they? i do the JL thing, 13 W7 and JL 1000/1 Slash :D
They hit a wider frequency range then the w7's (If I'm not mistaken). I like my Type-X ... it gets real low, and can pound a bit too. It's the perfect medium for me.

13 w7's are very nice too ... these are my two favorite SQ subs made!
 11 years ago '04        #10
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
 druthafoo said:
The DB sensitivity has nothing to do with out levels but more towards SQ if I remember correctly.
If you look at most Competition sub woofers for SPL ... you will see a higher db sensitivity. The SPLX 15 by soundstream has been metered at the mid 150's with one of them powered off of a Tarantula amp ... Soundstream had a write up on their web page not to long ago.

SPL can be attained many ways ... but one way to start a SPL comp car off is by getting a woofer with a high DB sensitivity.

Now don't take this as all facts ... I have not seen a SPLX 15 perform ... but I'm sure it can pound.

These Earthquake Subs are for the new guys coming in looking at it and saying it can take 7000 WRMS ... its for newbs. If you gunna get into SPL comps ... RE's x*x 15 will knock you back in your seat :)!
 11 years ago '06        #11
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
$4,827 | Props total: 1169 1169
Prop'd everyone i cud....

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wawdy24 again.

So If a sub has like 5000 RMS and is a circular 12" it doesnt exactly mean it will outdo a 12" square 2000RMS sub with a longer stroke? RMS is just how much power it will take and not necesarrily output correspondingly rite?
 10-07-2006, 10:06 AM         #12
druthafoo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Wawdy24 said:
If you look at most Competition sub woofers for SPL ... you will see a higher db sensitivity. The SPLX 15 by soundstream has been metered at the mid 150's with one of them powered off of a Tarantula amp ... Soundstream had a write up on their web page not to long ago.

SPL can be attained many ways ... but one way to start a SPL comp car off is by getting a woofer with a high DB sensitivity.

Now don't take this as all facts ... I have not seen a SPLX 15 perform ... but I'm sure it can pound.

These Earthquake Subs are for the new guys coming in looking at it and saying it can take 7000 WRMS ... its for newbs. If you gunna get into SPL comps ... RE's x*x 15 will knock you back in your seat :)!
but the x*x was not designed for SPL. It was designed as an overall performer in SQ and in SPL. That earthquake sub probably pounds. Double cone area increases your dbs by 3 theoretitically. That goes for doubling your power as well. Since the earthquake can probably take burps double or more of it's RMS it can probably smack around the x*x as far as SPL goes.
 11 years ago '06        #13
FeS RoY 1 heat pts
space
space
 druthafoo said:
As far as your thread title goes, two L7's ported in the right box will knock you off your feet.
seen 2 L7 15's in a honda doing 145db in street beat on the tl, crazy sh*t lol, dont remember the amp/amps though
 11 years ago '05        #14
younghova032003 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,610 | Props total: 36 36
Pure spl mtx 9500s. Sq at th best but, fas as spl thats where its at.
 10-07-2006, 08:50 PM         #15
GhosT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 younghova032003 said:
Pure spl mtx 9500s. Sq at th best but, fas as spl thats where its at.
i'm sorry but the 9500's will be smoked by so many different subs, they are far from spl comp material. now the old mtx rofl was a bad a.ss spl sub, but STRICLY spl
one
GhosT
 11 years ago '05        #16
space
space
 GhosT said:
i'm sorry but the 9500's will be smoked by so many different subs, they are far from spl comp material. now the old mtx rofl was a bad a.ss spl sub, but STRICLY spl
one
GhosT
Yea the red one. I had it in my tahoe didnt even know what to wit back then. But na u ever heard 2 9500s powerd right?
 10-08-2006, 12:16 AM         #17
GhosT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm sorry but they are not spl subs, i've heard plenty of different subs and those can't compare in spl with alot of other subs
and don't gimme that bullsh*t comparison to the w7, the w7 can't even compare to alot of other subs in spl comps. and it's one of my favorite subs in the world, but it will not stay standing in most spl applications, and neither with the 9500's
one
GhosT
 11 years ago '04        #18
Wawdy24 2 heat pts
space
space
 GhosT said:
I'm sorry but they are not spl subs, i've heard plenty of different subs and those can't compare in spl with alot of other subs
and don't gimme that bullsh*t comparison to the w7, the w7 can't even compare to alot of other subs in spl comps. and it's one of my favorite subs in the world, but it will not stay standing in most spl applications, and neither with the 9500's
one
GhosT
Yea, I put the w7's in with my Type X ... they sound great ... but aren't the greatest for SPL.
 11 years ago '06        #19
FeS RoY 1 heat pts
space
space
 younghova032003 said:
Yea the red one. I had it in my tahoe didnt even know what to wit back then. But na u ever heard 2 9500s powerd right?
and i a.ssume you never heard the W7's, that chart dont mean sh*t, fu*k outta here with that, they comparing tens anyways and JL has many advantages over the 9500's notice on that chart they only list the advantages that MTX has and not JL also, they aint dumb LMAO
 11 years ago '05        #20
space
space
 *FeS_RoY* said:
and i a.ssume you never heard the W7's, that chart dont mean sh*t, fu*k outta here with that, they comparing tens anyways and JL has many advantages over the 9500's notice on that chart they only list the advantages that MTX has and not JL also, they aint dumb LMAO
yea and ive heard both of them side by side. Not from someone off the streets but a custom shops and comps. Have u?
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
64 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago