(2006)Lloyd Banks-Rotten Apple

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How you like it?
Best ever 53 15.32%
Buy it 76 21.97%
just get it burned 113 32.66%
wack 52 15.03%
don't waste you ears on this shit 52 15.03%
Voters: 346. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10-06-2006, 02:48 PM         #41
SpeckB  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we are all dumber for giving that record a shot...g-units last gasp for air...this sh*t aint even cool for the radio...a 2...only because yayo got the number 1 spot haha
 10-06-2006, 08:56 PM         #42
whookid19  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i've havent heard the alblum yet but all of banks sh*t be rideing
 11 years ago '06        #43
Tru_Playa 
space
space
space
$278 | Props total: 24 24
straight up, you know the deal is the best song. I love that song. I dont think its worth the purchase though. Hunger 4 More is way better.
 10-07-2006, 10:10 PM         #44
Rell_08  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One Of The Best Rappers In G-Unit
 10-09-2006, 03:15 PM         #45
UptownHaze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tazbk said:
Hmm, that's reasonable......I good track = 4.5. Yup makes sense to me :rolleyes:

Anyway, his first album was way better. I'm interested to know what tracks he kept from that Big Withdraw leak or whatever is was. I didn't bother to download that leak.
there are no tracks from the leaked album. It's totally new. The leaked album was so raw. This album was good but too many popcorn love songs. The hardcore songs are ill though. I give it a 4 out of 5. I'm a Jamaica representative so i gotta rep banks. I'm going on tues. to get my sh*t signed.
 11 years ago '06        #46
wilsonb6 
space
space
space
$259 | Props total: 0 0
dude its ok but i just dont think its the best Unit is fallin off the map
 11 years ago '04        #47
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,563 | Props total: 2416 2416
 tazbk said:
Hmm, that's reasonable......I good track = 4.5. Yup makes sense to me :rolleyes:

I'm interested to know what tracks he kept from that Big Withdraw leak or whatever is was. I didn't bother to download that leak.
he didnt keep any tracks from The Big Withdraw. everything on rotten apple is new material, at least i think it is.

overall i give the album a 3.5/5. itz good but he aint spittin like he used to. IMO, the big withdraw iz his best work
 11 years ago '05        #48
Airbarto1 
space
space
$242 | Props total: 29 29
 StreetExclusive said:
Everyones a fu*kin music critic nowadays.Just enjoy it or dont and shut the fu*k up.Thats real talk right there.

That's not real talk - that's fu*king nonsense. Are you aware that this is a thread where people express their opinion about an album? If i don't enjoy it I'm more likely to say something than if I do feel it. I like Banks, but honestly I'll take any of his old G-Unit mix tape verses over any of the verses he's spit on either commercial albums. It would be one thing if he gave up the punchlines and intensity for some more serious subjects, but its all the same sh*t, just less interesting.
 11 years ago '06        #49
nayfromdachi 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,665 | Props total: 37 37
survival was the only track!!!! all that pushing back for one track!!lool
 10-09-2006, 05:12 PM         #50
casketmouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rell_08 said:
One Of The Best Rappers In G-Unit
THE BEST!!!!
 10-09-2006, 05:15 PM         #51
casketmouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Airbarto1 said:
That's not real talk - that's fu*king nonsense. Are you aware that this is a thread where people express their opinion about an album? If i don't enjoy it I'm more likely to say something than if I do feel it. I like Banks, but honestly I'll take any of his old G-Unit mix tape verses over any of the verses he's spit on either commercial albums. It would be one thing if he gave up the punchlines and intensity for some more serious subjects, but its all the same sh*t, just less interesting.
banks could really be a top contender if he stopped writing around punchlines and wrote punchlines in his messages. His first mixtape was a classic and better than most albums ever released. The guy WAS the truth. "pr0no Star" wow!! If the guy wrote like that or southside story he would be on top absoulutely and that is why Budden murks him overall.

I ain't go lie tho', Banks is one of the most "grow on to you" Album makers ever. I even hated his voice when i heard Gunit in 1999 or so. It took the year 2003 for him to wake me up when I heard "Money in the Bank" official. I was obsessed. This album at first and still does have some distaste, but it is growing on every session. I love certain lines he spits even tho' even the "great" punchline boy regergitates the "Jazz out the hse" punchline that he used rookie year, but he still has it somewhere. It's funny how overall tho' if you take the good tracks from this and the good tracks from "The Big Withdrawal" you have an actual classic album and it could be a five micer. real talk. The intro for "TBW" was waaaay better than wack a.ss mob deep's. Anyhow it is what it is and it is whatever. banks still one of the top spitters in the mainstream arena. Better than the entire south.

Last edited by casketmouth; 10-09-2006 at 05:20 PM..
 10-09-2006, 05:42 PM         #52
Treshawn005  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It Was Pretty Bad His Beats Suck They Rely Too mUch on his lyrics to carry him bucks album was better imo.
mybe it cause it was sooo hyped
 10-09-2006, 06:10 PM         #53
uchennan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King rA said:
3/5

not great, but not bad. there are some hot joints on that cd

NY NY
Gilmores
One night stand
iceman
stranger
get clapped
you know the deal
cake

all those songs are hot
umm aint that half the Cd
and these song are bangers str8 up...when the rest grow on u it'll be a press play and roll CD...
 10-09-2006, 06:10 PM         #54
MaryJane1980  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like it. Its got some hard songs and some played out ones. Its comparable to Hunger 4 More.
 10-09-2006, 07:27 PM         #55
Gangsta_D  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i personally love it not necassarily better than the hunger for more but i loved get clapped on everything thats my sh*t survival is also and NY NY and whats funny i don't even tay in ny but i feelin that joint but the only songs i really skip is 7 and 14
 11 years ago '04        #56
Sloan 
space
space
space
$1,096 | Props total: 0 0
 Kiss The Stick said:
played it twice, kept a few tracks, deleted the rest......nothing like banks' older sh*t
Touché
 11 years ago '05        #57
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,497 | Props total: 717 717
not the best ever but im prob gunna go cop it 2day....its 9.99 and id say 4/5
 10-10-2006, 12:38 PM         #58
casketmouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lay-Z said:
mobb deep > banks
you are an idiot!!!!
 10-10-2006, 12:41 PM         #59
casketmouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tru_Playa said:
straight up, you know the deal is the best song. I love that song. I dont think its worth the purchase though. Hunger 4 More is way better.
it's worth the purchase, cause he took time to make an effort of doing a good album. maybe not great but not any southside sh*t either and the only song on there with the south on it actually has worthy people. That track is actually listenable and sound good. Banks can stii sh*t on the whole south if he recorded under water. NO ONE out the south can EVER outshine Banks and that is a fact today as it stands.
 11 years ago '05        #60
Airbarto1 
space
space
$242 | Props total: 29 29
 casketmouth said:
banks could really be a top contender if he stopped writing around punchlines and wrote punchlines in his messages. His first mixtape was a classic and better than most albums ever released. The guy WAS the truth. "pr0no Star" wow!! If the guy wrote like that or southside story he would be on top absoulutely and that is why Budden murks him overall.

I ain't go lie tho', Banks is one of the most "grow on to you" Album makers ever. I even hated his voice when i heard Gunit in 1999 or so. It took the year 2003 for him to wake me up when I heard "Money in the Bank" official. I was obsessed. This album at first and still does have some distaste, but it is growing on every session. I love certain lines he spits even tho' even the "great" punchline boy regergitates the "Jazz out the hse" punchline that he used rookie year, but he still has it somewhere. It's funny how overall tho' if you take the good tracks from this and the good tracks from "The Big Withdrawal" you have an actual classic album and it could be a five micer. real talk. The intro for "TBW" was waaaay better than wack a.ss mob deep's. Anyhow it is what it is and it is whatever. banks still one of the top spitters in the mainstream arena. Better than the entire south.

yeah good points. i know he uses it once an album/mixtape but i love the "kick a bi*ch out the house like she was jazzy jeff line". And ideally he would be better if he wrote songs and added punchlines rather forming songs around the punchlines, but at this point i'd take an album full of top quality punchlines (like his old mixtapes) with hot beats.

I also don't see why any time a NY Rapper whose name isn't Jay-Z or Nas comes out with an album everyone has to say either "the entire south is better than him" or he's hotter than "anyone" from the south. I like Banks a lot, but you can't even pretend that this album is better than either of Lil Waynes last two albums. Just cause the South puts out a ton of sh*t music doesn't mean that NY or the West Coast doesn't do the same.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
43 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago