Oct 3 - Nas Says How He Feels About 50 Centís Mixtape, New Album, Tou

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
76 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-06-2006, 05:58 PM         #121
Powermoves 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Professa said:
ignorance is bliss. not that i can get into the whole skateboarding sh*t myself, but i'm at least open-minded enough to accept the idea of different representations of hip hop. before nwa took it over and made hip hop gangsta rap, it was an open freedom of expression regardless of how "street" you are. the last time i checked...heavy d, kid n play, fresh prince, das efx, leaders of the new school, tribe called quest, and many other artists weren't considered "gangsters". somehow that sh*t got lost over the years and now it seems the only way people can accept you is if you have a criminal background. get the fucc outta here
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Lot of truth in what you said. I listen to a lot of different hip-hop, of course I prefer a certain genre over the other, but I dont even really think it's about 50 cent or if hip hop is dead or not. It is about the same image and same rapper with a criminal background. Really look at the charts during any given month or watch any rap video show. You aint really getting no love if you dont let people know up front that you are a bad dude, a former corner boy, weightpusher, hustler, gangster pimp etc.

Yes that sh*t is real and some black people do live that life but that is not all we are. Yes the hood and crack is real, so does that mean if you aint in the hood or selling crack that you are less real? Do you respect a rapper more because he was formally involved in criminal activity? I dont. I dont really respect him any less though. I dont really care about your past. I wanna hear some good beats and an above average MC/rapper on the mike. A lot of cats just do not rhyme well today. A lot of dudes I hear their song for first time and I know how they are gonna complete the verse or bar before they finish it. iit's like 1,2,3, insert the word cat here...then 1,2,3, insert the word rat here. There are a lot of rappers out there that rhyme just like that and you know it's true. Dont get it twisted either every so-called conscious rapper is not a great MC either. Some of them are lite on Mic skills as well.

If you look at those charts or video shows that I spoke about earlier then you will notice that most hip hop/rap songs that come out today have the same subject matter. Theese cats cant vary it up every now and then?
I can right now give you over 100 songs where the subject is the production and distribution of crack. I cant even give you 20 songs where the subject is about how much the rapper loves his kids or wife, or about how much he hates people who make turns without putting on the signal light or how he really cant stand his mother-in-law or even about how he feels about that 6 figure tax bill he just found out he has to pay.
You know, just give me something different than everyday u hustling!!!! cause u aint doing that everyday. You aint a hardcore gangsta all the time....sometimes you gotta take your a.ss down to the corner store and get some milk to put on your cereal. Aint nothing gangsta about that.

To me.........the thug/gangsta hustler rapper is the sell out nowadays, because it's an easy sell, you are more likely to have a successful rap career if you go the gangsta/trap boy/hustler route rather than a route without a criminal backstory.
It's like you dont matter if you aint gangsta.
It's like you a soft a.ss sissy if you aint gangsta.

Ok hate on me now.
 10-06-2006, 09:16 PM         #122
Powermoves 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 darealness818 said:
I DUNNO YA YA n*ggaS THINK NAS IS THIS ALMIGHTY EMBODIMENT OF HIP HOP...IF U ASK ME NAS SHOULD RETIRE FOR GOOD AS DA SAME FOR JAYZ...NAS HAD A GOOD RUN N HE IS TALENTED NO DOUBT ABOUT DAT..BUT IT IS TRUE HE CONTRADICTS HIMSELF WIT EVERYTHIN...I JUS HATE HOW NAS ACTS LIKE HIS SHYT DONT STINK N HES ABOVE EVERY RAPPER...LAST I CHECKED 50s LAST ALBUM WAS WAAAAAY BETTER THAN NAS LAST ALBUM n 50'S ALBUM WASNT DAT GREAT EITHER...NAS IS JUS ON A VERGE OF TOM CRUISE ANNOYANCE STATUS TO ME RIGHT NOW
Why do people act like contradicting yourself is the most unforgivable SIN?
I'll show you how old I am, I still remember how people use to say that sh*t about KRS1 back in the 90's.

Bottom line son all of us even you contradict ourselves all the time, we all dont practice what we preach, and we all make statements and take stances on ideaologies and then change our minds or learn we were wrong and then change our minds. The only difference is journalist and tv radio personalities are not interviewing you.
Contradicting is human.
 11 years ago '04        #123
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 darealness818 said:
I DUNNO YA YA n*ggaS THINK NAS IS THIS ALMIGHTY EMBODIMENT OF HIP HOP...IF U ASK ME NAS SHOULD RETIRE FOR GOOD AS DA SAME FOR JAYZ...NAS HAD A GOOD RUN N HE IS TALENTED NO DOUBT ABOUT DAT..BUT IT IS TRUE HE CONTRADICTS HIMSELF WIT EVERYTHIN...I JUS HATE HOW NAS ACTS LIKE HIS SHYT DONT STINK N HES ABOVE EVERY RAPPER...LAST I CHECKED 50s LAST ALBUM WAS WAAAAAY BETTER THAN NAS LAST ALBUM n 50'S ALBUM WASNT DAT GREAT EITHER...NAS IS JUS ON A VERGE OF TOM CRUISE ANNOYANCE STATUS TO ME RIGHT NOW

Damn n*gga...Props...
 11 years ago '04        #124
Floeji 
space
space
 Powermoves said:
Why do people act like contradicting yourself is the most unforgivable SIN?
I'll show you how old I am, I still remember how people use to say that sh*t about KRS1 back in the 90's.

Bottom line son all of us even you contradict ourselves all the time, we all dont practice what we preach, and we all make statements and take stances on ideaologies and then change our minds or learn we were wrong and then change our minds. The only difference is journalist and tv radio personalities are not interviewing you.
Contradicting is human.

Hmm... nice point...
 11 years ago '04        #125
Floeji 
space
space
 Powermoves said:
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Lot of truth in what you said. I listen to a lot of different hip-hop, of course I prefer a certain genre over the other, but I dont even really think it's about 50 cent or if hip hop is dead or not. It is about the same image and same rapper with a criminal background. Really look at the charts during any given month or watch any rap video show. You aint really getting no love if you dont let people know up front that you are a bad dude, a former corner boy, weightpusher, hustler, gangster pimp etc.

Yes that sh*t is real and some black people do live that life but that is not all we are. Yes the hood and crack is real, so does that mean if you aint in the hood or selling crack that you are less real? Do you respect a rapper more because he was formally involved in criminal activity? I dont. I dont really respect him any less though. I dont really care about your past. I wanna hear some good beats and an above average MC/rapper on the mike. A lot of cats just do not rhyme well today. A lot of dudes I hear their song for first time and I know how they are gonna complete the verse or bar before they finish it. iit's like 1,2,3, insert the word cat here...then 1,2,3, insert the word rat here. There are a lot of rappers out there that rhyme just like that and you know it's true. Dont get it twisted either every so-called conscious rapper is not a great MC either. Some of them are lite on Mic skills as well.

If you look at those charts or video shows that I spoke about earlier then you will notice that most hip hop/rap songs that come out today have the same subject matter. Theese cats cant vary it up every now and then?
I can right now give you over 100 songs where the subject is the production and distribution of crack. I cant even give you 20 songs where the subject is about how much the rapper loves his kids or wife, or about how much he hates people who make turns without putting on the signal light or how he really cant stand his mother-in-law or even about how he feels about that 6 figure tax bill he just found out he has to pay.
You know, just give me something different than everyday u hustling!!!! cause u aint doing that everyday. You aint a hardcore gangsta all the time....sometimes you gotta take your a.ss down to the corner store and get some milk to put on your cereal. Aint nothing gangsta about that.

To me.........the thug/gangsta hustler rapper is the sell out nowadays, because it's an easy sell, you are more likely to have a successful rap career if you go the gangsta/trap boy/hustler route rather than a route without a criminal backstory.
It's like you dont matter if you aint gangsta.
It's like you a soft a.ss sissy if you aint gangsta.

Ok hate on me now.

I can't even hate on that post homeboy...Well said...
 11 years ago '04        #126
Floeji 
space
space
 Roemoaphi said:
If Hip Hop is dead, 50 didn't k!ll it...

Dumb n*ggas k!lled Hip Hop!

Hip Hop used to be about skills. No matter what the topic, you had to be able to present it in a way that got the listener hyped or made 'em wanna rewind to hear that nice a.ss verse again. But then n*ggas heard NWA. But they didn't hear the creative story telling and the lyrical skills (that n*gga Cube was nice as hell back then). All they heard is the bullsh*t gangsta tales and ran out to say the same thing about their hood. Each time out the sh*t got watered down more and more, with n*ggas tellin' the same old made up a.ss story, but with much less skill and creativity (with a few exceptions - Nas, Scarface, D.O.C, Snoop, and a few others). Artist like Public Enemy, Rakim, BDP, faded away while n*ggas with waaaay less talent prospered and became media darlings. Then when n*ggas started actually gettin' a little cheese they all wanted to be Biggie, Jay Z and Pac, once again tellin' the same old story but this time adding product placement. Now you got a bunch a wannabe gangsta n*ggas either rappin about the dumb sh*t they did (or wish they did) or a bunch of n*gga listeners that think if an artist isn't talkin about that dumbsh*t (crack,thuggin', k!llin', etc) that they're wack. Artist like Common, Mos Def, Talib, Lil Brother, Trek-life, Lupe Fiasco, etc can't get no love because they talk about something else other than that same old bullsh*t. That ignorant a.ss mindset led to the current "snap ya fingas" and "shoulder lean" era. The Rap Court Jester age of Hip Hop.

I love NWA, Pac, Biggie, and a bunch of other "gangsta rap" sh*t. But at least be smart enough to know that sh*t is "entertainment". There is something else besides that bullsh*t to listen too.

OMG!!!! Props....thanks for this..
 11 years ago '04        #127
Floeji 
space
space
 CallMePeterBrad said:
Man I still don't get how you people think 50 is "hot". I admit that he made the mixtape scene right. He gets money like T.O. but his rap skills aren't on point like his. His skills don't equival his money, his schemes do. Biggie, Nas, people that were real lyricists and deserved large status, not somebody who hears a beat and thinks how can I make this number 1 on TRL. What I meant by my last sentence is everybody 50 went after ripped him way harder than 50 did. He does whatever he can to make money, whether it's the way he does his hooks, his flows, his tactics (going after every single rapper), or showing his chest in as many videos he can, or sneaking in a G-Unit logo every 10 seconds in a video. All i'm saying is ever since he came around 90% of these videos are total garbage when before he came out only like 65% of them were.

Nah. Rather than get jerked by a label...50 approached the rap game the same way he lived the streets.."What Can I Do To Make This sh*t Profitable?"......I can't hate on that....He's making dumb paper right now...50's old sh*t and his sh*t on the new mixtapes are on point...he's getting back to his old self....Who ripped 50? Jada?

Out of almost the whole rap game....Jada ripped him...And who's still stacking crazy money? 50 is...I think he came out on top in the end....

I like JAda but damn...he's bumming it right now....

How is 50 inserting a G-Unit logo in the videos any different from the Ruff Ryders and their "R"....Rocafella used to be found in every damn frame....

Now according to your twisted sense of logic....After 50 came out....Almost all videos are garbage now? So 50 k!lled videos too?

Next you're gonna say he shot the Sheriff....

Come on...
 11 years ago '04        #128
Floeji 
space
space
 modulatum said:
Don't you know your history? 50 hates Nas for what Nas did to him.

And what was that?
 10-06-2006, 10:47 PM         #129
Guyser302 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i thought music was how you feel & your culture. I lived in the north & south and down south they serious during the week but the weekends is when n*ggas have fun. I listen to both. yall wasn't saying that when Cash Money Came out, but their sh*t is classics nevermind that bad comparison
 10-08-2006, 08:34 PM         #130
YaStreetz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 will do anything for attention so i wouldn't pay him mind either
 10-08-2006, 09:30 PM         #131
Mr.X 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread went plat
 11 years ago '05        #132
DreWilliams 
space
space
$614 | Props total: 69 69
 Roemoaphi said:
Appreciate that Homie.
I made a song call monkey see monkey do check it out
 10-09-2006, 12:22 AM         #133
Powermoves 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 darealness818 said:
you gotta very good point right there but when sum1 tries to act all high n mighty n shyt their contradictions are gonna stand out more than da next guy...u r right dat da difference is people arent interviewing us regular people which is y he should b a lil more careful about wha he says cuz despite wat i say bout him he is a sorty of role model to alot of people but yea u def right dat everyone contradicts themselves...

Point Noted. I can agree u definetly gotta be more on point when you in the lime light.
 11 years ago '04        #134
djdmoney 
space
space
$260 | Props total: 1 1
 Make_a_WIsh said:
lol at ppl sayin 50 k!lled hiphop.
yall tryin to find a reason why hiphop is fu*kin up?

well it seems its cause of yall.
cuz it seems that yall buy bullsh*t albums like jung yoc and dont buy the nicea albums.
so the medias are like "oh good rap music dont sell no more,bullsh*t sells more,lets sell bullsh*t" and it works fine.

so before complaining abour an artist k!llin hiphop(cuz thats givin a lot of credit to 50 imo,50 alone crushed the rap game???!!!!get the fu*k outta here)

buy albums,real hiphop albums,and stop dancin the chicken noodle soup thinkin sh*t is nice.
and maybe i say maybe medias will actually bring us back some good music.
damn,its like ppl love hatin.

imo hiphop died in 99 when rappers saw in yall a fu*kin tool lovin dat money k!lla hustlin sh*t.
dont blame 50,blame urself.

pz
dis is real fu*kin talk
 10-09-2006, 12:33 AM         #135
thaillestone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k nas
 10-09-2006, 12:47 AM         #136
DUCKDOLLAS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 you are one of the reasons why people say hip hop is dying you tried to battle everybody just beacause they were on atrack with ja rule. thats why you have no friends except your team and kay slay and whoo kid. give us some get tich or die tryin sh*t big a.ss nig.
 11 years ago '05        #137
rgoins002 1 heat pts
space
space
$824 | Props total: 15 15
People just gotta distinguish bet. whats rap & whats hip-hop, good music and bad music. The media only promotes what makes money. And the record companies are only going to promote what is making money and what making money is club and party songs. Thus, artists are promoting and making those songs so that they can sell records and make some cake. I don't hate on anyone. You just gotta understand where an artist is is gearing his/her music towards.
 11 years ago '05        #138
Cez33 
space
space
space
$325 | Props total: 0 0
 Make_a_WIsh said:
lol at ppl sayin 50 k!lled hiphop.
yall tryin to find a reason why hiphop is fu*kin up?

well it seems its cause of yall.
cuz it seems that yall buy bullsh*t albums like jung yoc and dont buy the nicea albums.
so the medias are like "oh good rap music dont sell no more,bullsh*t sells more,lets sell bullsh*t" and it works fine.

so before complaining abour an artist k!llin hiphop(cuz thats givin a lot of credit to 50 imo,50 alone crushed the rap game???!!!!get the fu*k outta here)

buy albums,real hiphop albums,and stop dancin the chicken noodle soup thinkin sh*t is nice.
and maybe i say maybe medias will actually bring us back some good music.
damn,its like ppl love hatin.

imo hiphop died in 99 when rappers saw in yall a fu*kin tool lovin dat money k!lla hustlin sh*t.
dont blame 50,blame urself.

pz
yeah...sumtin like that...peeps dont here it unless its a club banger. y do u think eminem did smack that w/ akon? cuz its in da club, n that 50 n game sh*t got old real fast. its peeps like us who kno wut tha fu*k hip hop is bout, its tha mixtapes, tha new sh*t, the underground sh*t, tha fu*kin street sh*t! all tha lil club rats n clubs.luts dont kno sh*t about real music cuz they busy dancin. dont git me wrong, i got luv fo tha club banger cuz sumtimes i wanna git my twerk on wit some females, but i kno tha status of hip hop.
 11 years ago '04        #139
Floeji 
space
space
 Guyser302 said:
i thought music was how you feel & your culture. I lived in the north & south and down south they serious during the week but the weekends is when n*ggas have fun. I listen to both. yall wasn't saying that when Cash Money Came out, but their sh*t is classics nevermind that bad comparison

in 97...i was loving Cash Money...I still play that old sh*t....Those n*ggas were hot...
 11 years ago '04        #140
skeemin4thadoe 
space
space
space
$168 | Props total: 0 0
its a known fact Diddy k!lled hip hop
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
42 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago