Steph Kegels
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
240 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #101
inthought 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,307 | Props total: 27 27
 Floeji said:
Thanks for this...n*ggaz need to speak the truth and hear it too.....Little Brother is real hip-hop....

But i can't hate on 50...he did a lot for the rap game....He really helped open the market for the mixtapes...now everyone and their grandma makes a cd in their bedroom and calls it a mixtape...DJ's are making soo much money off of it....He's a credit to the game,...
Real hip-hop for you... I dun feel them at all, the whole 9th Wonder or wateva... It's jst not my style, but i wanna know wat makes them REAL hip-hop?
Because they are from North or South Carolina? Because they don't make no real money? Because they make "good" music to you?
 11 years ago '04        #102
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 Drunk By Myself said:
In my opinion...50 did nothing good for hip hop...

and too many people in this forum have a closed mind on music... hiphop aint dead...it just isnt mainstream... you have to find it...

most of todays rap music = club, party, dance, pop music....

the rest is glorification of selling drugs and violence... which some of you think is hip hop? or takes talent?

its so disgusting that i have quit listening to radio, mtv, or bet...the sh*t is just garbage...the artists are talentless

just cause you can come up with a few metaphors doesnt make you talented

and obviously making a good club song doesnt mean jack when it comes to talent either...

mainstream rap makes me want to puke

If you say 50 did nothing good.you're lying...He really helped break the mixtape game into the mainstream....now n*ggas that have finished albums drop mixtapes just to create a buzz....Even though their albums has been done for like 6 months...Come on...Give that n*gga some credit...Now they R&B, Dancehall, and Reggaeton mixtapes...
 11 years ago '04        #103
Floeji 
space
space
 inthought said:
Real hip-hop for you... I dun feel them at all, the whole 9th Wonder or wateva... It's jst not my style, but i wanna know wat makes them REAL hip-hop?
Because they are from North or South Carolina? Because they don't make no real money? Because they make "good" music to you?
I respect your opinion...you don't have to feel them...I like them..i feel that they'e real because they don't have to rap about money guns and drugs just to be relevant....Their music beyond the street culture...and they don't try to be NY or Dirty south...They just are...And that's what i respect about them..

But thanks for your insights...
 11 years ago '04        #104
Floeji 
space
space
 CallMePeterBrad said:
I'm sorry but I just totally disagree. I've listened to a lot of his mixtapes, which are kinda straight. But his second album just showed how much he likes making money but making half of his songs as commercial as he could. I didn't like any songs on his new albums but Ski Mask Way. So what you're saying with the starts to not sell records is that you need to sell records to have a good hip-hop album. Come on man, half of the good or great records that come out today don't even go gold. I'm hating but rightfully so. He's slacked extremely hard ever since Get Rick or Die Trying. Comparing him to T.O. just ain't right. T.O. does everything right and creates controversy by being obnoxious which I still respect and like him a lot. 50 approaches half of his songs with the, how can I make more money from this song mentality (and he just thinks of the first thing about money or ladies that he can mumble-sing into a hook), not how will I make this a real hip-hop track. And even if his mixtape stuff is straight, he still ain't representing for sh*t anymore on the albums. Also just look at all the beefs he started where he just ripped way harder than he ever ripped them.
Huh? I don't get your last sentence....I admit that 50 fell off wth the Massacre...No doubt he went and got comercial....n*gga wasn't hungry...he was rich....But he's gettin back in form....the new mixtapes are starting to sound like the old ones...when he was still hungry...

The T.O. comparison is spot on brother...50 is a c*cky a**hole...but he's good at what he does...he stirs the pot and waits for the beef...Remember "How To Rob"? That song right there was grounds for beef with a bunch of n*ggaz...Let's give 50 a chance with his third album.....best 2 out of 3 ok?

The first one was hot...the scond mediocre...Maybe the third will be like the first....
 11 years ago '04        #105
Floeji 
space
space
 Blazze One said:
Thats cuz Nas pays ppl who aint on his level no mind. Ppl always call Nas out n u see the only one he really focused on was Jay cuz thats good competition. You may hear a line or two towards someone who spoke on him, other than that Nas can careless bout em.

Wait...you mean people that aren't consistent and rap about bi*ches an guns one song...then the next song call yourself "God's Son" and compare yourself to Jesus? Hate Me Now and that album cover of the Last Supper are prime examples...n*gga has a God complex...
 11 years ago '04        #106
Floeji 
space
space
 yumflip said:
For you act like Candy Shop...Just a Lil Bit...Best Friend...Basically anything post GRorDT wasn't str8 fu*king R&B, what planet you been living on?... @ 50 being anthing but a TRL/106 & Park sensation...But then again, you probably consider Jim Jones "lyrical"....ROTFL @ that notion...NY is on some follow the leader bullsh*t, that's why "REAL" hip hop is losing.....Until NY gets behind dudes like Skyzoo, keep Chicken Noodle Soupin!....Goonies

Addressing the Jim Jones comment...did you hear "On My Way To Church"? That album was hot....his next solo joints...I do not like at all...I can't stand that "We Stay Fly" sh*t....

I've always said that 50 started sounding more commercial on The Massacre....But he's coming back and sounding like his old self...

Don't act like you weren't bumping Wanksta and In Da Club...
 11 years ago '04        #107
Floeji 
space
space
 Swishadude said:
fu*k you worryin bout me for?

That was my whole point you jackass....

A little slow on the uptake pal?
 11 years ago '04        #108
Floeji 
space
space
 TX_Country_Boi said:
I call bullsh!t on that statement. Stuff like crunk music and Walk it out bring new dimensions to the rap game... If all of the rap sh!t sounded the same, then people would get tired of it. Walk it Out and Snap Music and Crunk music give people something else to listen to. Variety is the spice of life. Rap is a business whether you like it or not. If people weren't demanding it... Then there wouldn't be a supply of it now would there.

Not really a new dimension....but a fad....Snap and Krump and all that wack sh*t is in demand because n*ggaz want to shake their a.sses....That it...If they want to play it in the club...more power to them....but to package it and sell it off as hip hop and calling these n*ggaz rappers...nah man...They're entertainers....nothing more...
 11 years ago '04        #109
Floeji 
space
space
 Prjhov03 said:
50 is a bi*ch and everyone knows it!!!

BEt you wouldn't say it to his face....
 11 years ago '04        #110
Blazze One 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 13 13
 Floeji said:
Wait...you mean people that aren't consistent and rap about bi*ches an guns one song...then the next song call yourself "God's Son" and compare yourself to Jesus? Hate Me Now and that album cover of the Last Supper are prime examples...n*gga has a God complex...
See now u onto some other sh*t. If Nas doin some religous sh*t then let him do him. Im not sure what religion Nas follows, but rap n*ggaz mention religion often. I understand that religion is a touchy subject to some ppl and I would hate to bring it into a boxden topic cuz its mad controversial. But thinkin Nas is "God complex" or wrong for his past titles n album covers, all boils down to what u believe in.
 11 years ago '04        #111
peto 
space
space
$2,361 | Props total: 18 18
Anyway, about the NAS (not 50cent) article, I think Nas is stupid. He's always saying one thing and doing the other.
 11 years ago '06        #112
jamdanny1 
space
space
space
$10 | Props total: 0 0
 Make_a_WIsh said:
lol at ppl sayin 50 k!lled hiphop.
yall tryin to find a reason why hiphop is fu*kin up?

well it seems its cause of yall.
cuz it seems that yall buy bullsh*t albums like jung yoc and dont buy the nicea albums.
so the medias are like "oh good rap music dont sell no more,bullsh*t sells more,lets sell bullsh*t" and it works fine.

so before complaining abour an artist k!llin hiphop(cuz thats givin a lot of credit to 50 imo,50 alone crushed the rap game???!!!!get the fu*k outta here)

buy albums,real hiphop albums,and stop dancin the chicken noodle soup thinkin sh*t is nice.
and maybe i say maybe medias will actually bring us back some good music.
damn,its like ppl love hatin.

imo hiphop died in 99 when rappers saw in yall a fu*kin tool lovin dat money k!lla hustlin sh*t.
dont blame 50,blame urself.

pz
CO-SIGN
This is The Truth like Beanie
 11 years ago '06        #113
elmothakilla718 
space
space
$416 | Props total: 0 0
lol nas is funny a.ss n*gga im waiting for his new album to drop
 10-05-2006, 01:41 PM         #114
CallMePeterBrad 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Floeji said:
Huh? I don't get your last sentence....I admit that 50 fell off wth the Massacre...No doubt he went and got comercial....n*gga wasn't hungry...he was rich....But he's gettin back in form....the new mixtapes are starting to sound like the old ones...when he was still hungry...

The T.O. comparison is spot on brother...50 is a c*cky a**hole...but he's good at what he does...he stirs the pot and waits for the beef...Remember "How To Rob"? That song right there was grounds for beef with a bunch of n*ggaz...Let's give 50 a chance with his third album.....best 2 out of 3 ok?

The first one was hot...the scond mediocre...Maybe the third will be like the first....
Man I still don't get how you people think 50 is "hot". I admit that he made the mixtape scene right. He gets money like T.O. but his rap skills aren't on point like his. His skills don't equival his money, his schemes do. Biggie, Nas, people that were real lyricists and deserved large status, not somebody who hears a beat and thinks how can I make this number 1 on TRL. What I meant by my last sentence is everybody 50 went after ripped him way harder than 50 did. He does whatever he can to make money, whether it's the way he does his hooks, his flows, his tactics (going after every single rapper), or showing his chest in as many videos he can, or sneaking in a G-Unit logo every 10 seconds in a video. All i'm saying is ever since he came around 90% of these videos are total garbage when before he came out only like 65% of them were.
 10-05-2006, 04:26 PM         #115
radiculust 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hold up, aint 50 cent was callin out people n makin beef?? how the fu*k is that hiphop? Hiphop back in the day was story tellin n not jus tellin the dark side of the hood but the upsides of the hood. 50 on every track seem like he eitha was beefing with someone or how he sold drugs. Atleast the people in the south is makin music for u to dance to instead of makin music to turn kids into k!llaz! Ima neva knock anyone doin they music cuz they makin they hussle, fu*k get yo grind up n stop sayin the south is k!lling hiphop. Whats k!llin hiphop is folks bring the streets to the music n influencing kids to become k!llaz n mistreatin females. If anything, hiphop is gettin bigger because who doesnt listen to rap?? More people seem to listen to rap then rock n roll or pop! So, before u blame the south, listen to what rappers r sayin! Jus because u rap about the streets dun make him good. just makes him anotha face in hiphop cryin how sad it is on des streets instead of help the streets get out the situation!
 11 years ago '05        #116
Roemoaphi 
space
space
$588 | Props total: 0 0
If Hip Hop is dead, 50 didn't k!ll it...

Dumb n*ggas k!lled Hip Hop!

Hip Hop used to be about skills. No matter what the topic, you had to be able to present it in a way that got the listener hyped or made 'em wanna rewind to hear that nice a.ss verse again. But then n*ggas heard NWA. But they didn't hear the creative story telling and the lyrical skills (that n*gga Cube was nice as hell back then). All they heard is the bullsh*t gangsta tales and ran out to say the same thing about their hood. Each time out the sh*t got watered down more and more, with n*ggas tellin' the same old made up a.ss story, but with much less skill and creativity (with a few exceptions - Nas, Scarface, D.O.C, Snoop, and a few others). Artist like Public Enemy, Rakim, BDP, faded away while n*ggas with waaaay less talent prospered and became media darlings. Then when n*ggas started actually gettin' a little cheese they all wanted to be Biggie, Jay Z and Pac, once again tellin' the same old story but this time adding product placement. Now you got a bunch a wannabe gangsta n*ggas either rappin about the dumb sh*t they did (or wish they did) or a bunch of n*gga listeners that think if an artist isn't talkin about that dumbsh*t (crack,thuggin', k!llin', etc) that they're wack. Artist like Common, Mos Def, Talib, Lil Brother, Trek-life, Lupe Fiasco, etc can't get no love because they talk about something else other than that same old bullsh*t. That ignorant a.ss mindset led to the current "snap ya fingas" and "shoulder lean" era. The Rap Court Jester age of Hip Hop.

I love NWA, Pac, Biggie, and a bunch of other "gangsta rap" sh*t. But at least be smart enough to know that sh*t is "entertainment". There is something else besides that bullsh*t to listen too.
 10-05-2006, 06:16 PM         #117
modulatum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree with this :)

Last edited by modulatum; 04-14-2011 at 03:05 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #118
Blazze One 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 13 13
 Roemoaphi said:
If Hip Hop is dead, 50 didn't k!ll it...

Dumb n*ggas k!lled Hip Hop!

Hip Hop used to be about skills. No matter what the topic, you had to be able to present it in a way that got the listener hyped or made 'em wanna rewind to hear that nice a.ss verse again. But then n*ggas heard NWA. But they didn't hear the creative story telling and the lyrical skills (that n*gga Cube was nice as hell back then). All they heard is the bullsh*t gangsta tales and ran out to say the same thing about their hood. Each time out the sh*t got watered down more and more, with n*ggas tellin' the same old made up a.ss story, but with much less skill and creativity (with a few exceptions - Nas, Scarface, D.O.C, Snoop, and a few others). Artist like Public Enemy, Rakim, BDP, faded away while n*ggas with waaaay less talent prospered and became media darlings. Then when n*ggas started actually gettin' a little cheese they all wanted to be Biggie, Jay Z and Pac, once again tellin' the same old story but this time adding product placement. Now you got a bunch a wannabe gangsta n*ggas either rappin about the dumb sh*t they did (or wish they did) or a bunch of n*gga listeners that think if an artist isn't talkin about that dumbsh*t (crack,thuggin', k!llin', etc) that they're wack. Artist like Common, Mos Def, Talib, Lil Brother, Trek-life, Lupe Fiasco, etc can't get no love because they talk about something else other than that same old bullsh*t. That ignorant a.ss mindset led to the current "snap ya fingas" and "shoulder lean" era. The Rap Court Jester age of Hip Hop.

I love NWA, Pac, Biggie, and a bunch of other "gangsta rap" sh*t. But at least be smart enough to know that sh*t is "entertainment". There is something else besides that bullsh*t to listen too.
Its funny how I was tellin somebody the same exact sh*t u juss wrote. I gotta prop u on dat one cuz i be on the same sh*t. Hip Hop is gettin on some "monkey see, monkey do" sh*t.
 11 years ago '05        #119
Roemoaphi 
space
space
$588 | Props total: 0 0
 Blazze One said:
Its funny how I was tellin somebody the same exact sh*t u juss wrote. I gotta prop u on dat one cuz i be on the same sh*t. Hip Hop is gettin on some "monkey see, monkey do" sh*t.

Appreciate that Homie.
 10-06-2006, 04:10 PM         #120
protectyaneck5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hopefully it isnt garbage
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
196 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC ó Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughterís boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy