The Official Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
104 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
89 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #321
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
space
$54,085 | Props total: 6985 6985
Kelly Shelved for the Season

Oct 25, 2006 -

The weekly waiting game with cornerback Brian Kelly is over. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers placed Kelly on injured reserve Wednesday, shutting down a season that saw him play in only two of the first six games.

The Bucs used Kelly’s vacated roster spot to sign Jovan Haye, a second-year defensive end who was originally drafted by Carolina in the sixth round in 2005. Tampa Bay plucked Haye off Cleveland’s practice squad; players on any team’s practice squad remain eligible to be signed by any other team as long as they are being added to the new team’s active roster.

In fact, the Houston Texans did just that with one of Tampa Bay’s practice squad players on Wednesday, too, signing offensive lineman Scott Jackson to their 53-man roster. The Bucs replaced Jackson by re-signing first-year guard Jonathan Clinkscale, and also re-signed cornerback Dion Byrum to the practice squad. The team cleared a spot on that eight-man crew by releasing wide receiver Chad Lucas.

Kelly has struggled with a turf toe injury since before the regular season, an ailment that essentially made him a question mark each week. The team’s starting left cornerback since 2001, Kelly played in the season opener against Baltimore but was then forced to miss the next two contests. After the Bucs’ bye week gave him additional rest, Kelly returned to action against the New Orleans Saints in Week Five but once again missed the next two games.

The 30-year-old Kelly becomes the fourth player and second starter to land on injured reserve for the Buccaneers this season, joining tackle Kenyatta Walker, long-snapper Andrew Economos and tight end T.J. Williams. Walker was the Bucs’ starting right tackle through the first three games before he was placed on IR due to a knee injury. The Bucs are also without the services of quarterback Chris Simms, who had a splenectomy after the Week Three Carolina game but is currently still on the active roster.

Kelly has now finished two of the last four seasons on injured reserve. In 2003 he played in only five games before missing the rest of the season with a pectoral injury. Drafted in the second round in 1998, Kelly has played in 119 games and started 75 for the Buccaneers. His career totals include 404 tackles and 20 interceptions.

The 6-2, 295-pound Haye made Carolina’s roster as a rookie but appeared in just two games last year, one of them against the Buccaneers on December 11. He went to camp with the Panthers again this summer but was released at the end of the preseason and signed by the Browns to their practice squad.

A native of Jamaica who moved to the United States when he was six, Haye grew up in Ft. Lauderdale and was an honor student at Dillard High School in Sunrise. He played his college football at Vanderbilt and entered the draft after his junior season. In 35 games for the Commodores, Haye recorded 149 tackles, 10.5 sacks and one interception. As a sophomore in 2003, he was the SEC’s co-leader with 8.5 sacks.

Clinkscale (6-2, 315) was originally signed by the Buccaneers as an undrafted free agent out of Wisconsin in 2005. He spent the final three weeks of the ’05 season, including the playoffs, on Tampa Bay’s practice squad, then went to training camp with the team again this summer. A four-year starter at Wisconsin, he played alongside current Buccaneer Dan Buenning and was a second-team all-conference choice as a senior.

The 5-10, 192-pound Byrum entered the league as an undrafted free agent with the Chicago Bears this year. He was a three-year starter at Ohio University, playing in 45 career games with 32 starts and recording 147 career tackles, 10 interceptions and 39 passes defensed. Byrum also has experience as a return man; for the Bobcats, he returned 57 punts for 471 yards and 58 kickoffs for 1,195 yards. He was part of the first eight-man iteration of the practice squad this year, signed before the season opener before being released last week.
 11 years ago '05        #322
space
space
Bryant's Road To Bucs Hero A Long One

By ROY CUMMINGS The Tampa Tribune

TAMPA - Forget Tom Dempsey and Jason Elam. Bucs kicker Matt Bryant has kicked his way into a company of figures far more legendary. Like Christopher Columbus and Jose Gaspar, Bryant now has a day named after him.

With her community still bubbling over the 62-yard game-winning field goal Bryant kicked to beat the Eagles on Sunday, Tampa Mayor Pam Iorio proclaimed Monday "Matt Bryant Day" in Tampa.

"Your total can-do attitude has inspired me," said Iorio, who might be even more inspired by the no-quit attitude that has shaped Bryant's career path and punctuated his story.

It's a story that begins at the K&C Pawn Shop in Orange, Texas, where Bryant's holder from high school, Hector Oceguera, gave him a job taking in old guitars and tarnished jewelry after he left Baylor University in 1998.

For nearly four years, the amount of time Bryant gave himself to win a job in the NFL, that's where the story stays, with Bryant kicking footballs during his lunch breaks to keep his leg in shape.

"He was just real determined to get his foot in the door with an NFL team," Oceguera said Monday. "But that's just the kind of guy Matt is - he's really determined."

He's realistic, too, and after nearly four years of kicking during his lunch breaks, Bryant started thinking his dream of playing in the NFL would never come true. At one point he started contemplating other careers.

He took a job as a personal trainer in Houston for a while and thought seriously about entering the U.S. Marshals Service, but he balked at that one because once you join the Marshals Service, there's no turning back.

Besides, Bryant promised to give his NFL dream four years to come true and the four years weren't up yet. The sand in the timepiece was clearly running out, however, and so was Bryant's will.

He'd attended numerous kicking camps, received a tryout from the Cowboys and went to training camp with the Iowa Barnstormers of the Arena Football League, but those opportunities amounted to little more than good workouts.

He became so discouraged that near the end of that fourth year, after returning to Oceguera's pawn shop, he abandoned the practice of kicking footballs altogether. For nearly two weeks he all but gave up on his dream.

Then one night, while driving down a lonesome Texas road, it hit him: What if the call he has been waiting four long years for finally comes tomorrow? What if the call comes and he's not ready?

Bryant slowed and steered the car toward an open field, stopped and turned on his high beams. Then he got out and started kicking at a tree off in the distance.

It wasn't much later that the call he'd been waiting for finally came. The Giants needed a kicker. They'd seen Bryant at one of those kicking camps and signed him on Jan. 15, 2002, with the idea of sending him to NFL Europe.

As he was prepping for that Europe gig, Bryant ripped a quad muscle. It took him eight weeks to recover, and by then the NFL Europe season was all but over.

Just before it ended, however, the Frankfurt Galaxy lost a kicker. When they went looking for a replacement they stumbled on Bryant and asked if the Giants would loan them Bryant for a few weeks.

Bryant's stint in Frankfurt was a short one. It lasted four games, and Bryant didn't necessarily distinguish himself while he was there, missing the only field goal he attempted.

The Giants saw something they liked in Bryant and took him to training camp that summer. They brought him there mostly to push Owen Pochman, but Pochman's sore knee gave Bryant the chance he'd been looking for.

Though he was cut, Bryant was called back before opening day, and when he got the chance he'd always been waiting for, he capitalized by making 26 of his 32 field-goal tries.

Bryant's story doesn't end there. It only gets more inspiring, with Bryant struggling through an injury-marred 2003 season and a 2004 season in which he found himself out of work again.

In October 2004 the Colts gave him a look, but after one game he was out on the street again. Then the Dolphins came calling, but they let Bryant go after three weeks.

It wasn't until the spring of 2005 that Bryant made it back to the NFL, this time with the Bucs. He had to beat out Todd France to earn a job, and he did. Then came Sunday. And Monday with the mayor.

"The whole thing has been kind of surreal," Bryant said of the previous 24 hours. "I guess I just didn't grasp how big a kick it really was. But I don't want my career to be summed up by this.

"I mean, coming into [the season] I was a better than 80 percent kicker. I want to be remembered for being a guy that has worked hard and never given up and tried to be consistent. This was just one of those deals where everything went right."

Oceguera didn't see the kick, not live anyway. He saw it on the highlights, and that's when the calls started pouring in. They were still pouring in Monday to the K&C Pawn Shop, where it also was "Matt Bryant Day."

"Buddies from school have been calling and asking, 'Hey, did you see your boy?'" Oceguera said. "I talked to Matt, too. I asked him how the hold was. And I told him, if they need a holder down there, let 'em know about me. I figure he owes me one."

Reporter Roy Cummings can be reached at (813) 259-7979 or .
 10-25-2006, 04:02 PM         #323
DJ sWiFt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yep...

Kellys on IR like i said........

:( @ our best cover corner....

its iight tho....ronde's gonna be BALLLINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! !!
 10-25-2006, 04:04 PM         #324
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
big game comin up

my giants vs your bucs

im thinkin it should be a good game

but of course, id say we have the adv. :D
 11 years ago '05        #325
MATIX 
space
space
$7,989 | Props total: 72 72
ya it should be a good game
tiki vs ronde
 11 years ago '04        #326
Obese82 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,982 | Props total: 0 0
Bump....TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 10-25-2006, 09:39 PM         #327
DJ Flip 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cheeeeea....
 11 years ago '04        #328
Obese82 6 heat pts
space
space
space
We Gon Be The Only Team BALLIIIIIIIN!
 11 years ago '05        #329
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
This fu*king ballin bullsh*t is getting stupid. Godamn Jim Jones...
 10-26-2006, 10:23 AM         #330
DJ sWiFt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BALLINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

had to do it again :D
 11 years ago '05        #331
space
space
They shouldn't of watched da tape =]

buccaneers.com --- intro
 11 years ago '04        #332
Obese82 6 heat pts
space
space
space
 Santoro said:
HAHA, dont worry, they aint gonna be takin any jumpshots on sunday. We givin out Techs baby!!!!
 11 years ago '05        #333
Suavebeatz 32 heat pts32
space
space
$10,367 | Props total: 14273 14273
Damn im ready for this sh*t....watch all these homo a.ss "experts" bet against the bucs thinkin this fenna be a walk n da park for NY

On a side note..i hope G-Rad ready to scramble cuz if he can get around NYs blitz he could eat up them gaps they leave open,thats a defense waitin to be exposed

BUCS bi*chHHH!!!!!!!
 11 years ago '05        #334
space
space
Oct 27, 2006 -

Last week, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers helped the New York Giants move into first place in the NFC East. Now they’ll try to knock them out of that top spot.

The Bucs’ last-second win over Philadelphia gave the Giants a chance to seize the East, and they did so by mauling the Dallas Cowboys the next night, moving to 4-2 on the strength of a three-game winning streak. Both the Eagles (4-3) and the Cowboys (3-3) could catch the Giants this weekend, however, if the Bucs push their own winning streak to three games.

Before the Philadelphia game, the Buccaneers played Cincinnati, who is currently tied atop the AFC North at 4-2. Before that it was New Orleans (5-1), the leader in the NFC South. Keep rewinding the schedule and you’ll find Atlanta (4-2), Carolina (4-3) and Baltimore (4-2). After this week’s trip to the Meadowlands, the Buccaneers will run into the Panthers and Saints again.

So, yeah, it’s been quite a ride. And this weekend might be as tough as it gets, considering the Bucs are about to run into the league’s leading rusher, Tiki Barber, on his home turf. Professional athletes often say they want to play against the best in order to prove that they are the best. The Bucs are getting that opportunity, and enjoying it, believe it or not.

“We’ve arguably had the hardest schedule in football,” said Bucs Head Coach Jon Gruden. “It seems like every week we’ve seen some really good players, now. The Giants fall right in line with a lot of the others we’ve seen, only their running back is exceptionally hot right now. They have a bevy of skilled people and Tom Coughlin drives them hard. You can tell they know what they’re doing. It will be a great challenge for us.”

" We’ve had three really good practices and I’m excited. I’m excited to see how we play against a very good team on the road."
Arguably? Well, you could argue, but you’d have to do it subjectively. Objectively, the numbers say the Bucs have played the league’s toughest schedule by a healthy margin. Tampa Bay opponents have a combined winning percentage of .658 to this point, and that’s not a product of having played the 2-4 Bucs. Every team the Bucs have played or will play in the next three weeks is either in first place in its division or within a game of first.

Here are the five teams that have played the toughest schedules so far:

Team Opp. Win Pct. Opp. W-L
Tampa Bay .658 25-13
Cleveland .622 23-14
N.Y. Giants .605 23-15
Detroit .591 26-18
Buffalo .578 26-19

This week’s opponent, the Giants, have also played a difficult schedule. In fact, if you remove the games that included the Bucs and Giants from their opponents’ win-loss records, both would go to 21-11. The Giants lost early games to Indianapolis and Seattle to start out 1-2 but have surged back to the top of the East. The Bucs built a larger hole, going 0-4 despite strong outings against Carolina and New Orleans, but believe they’re back on the winning track as well.

“We’ve lost some heartbreaking games, you know what I mean?” said Gruden. “We lost some heartbreakers. We could easily have four wins right now in my opinion. We’ve played a heck of a schedule, the hardest schedule in football, and we lost our quarterback, we lost our right tackle. A lot of things have happened to us negatively. It’s a credit to our guys and our coaches for hanging in there. We’ll see what happens in the end. But I’m proud of our guys, the way they f!ght. We’ve got a lot of f!ghts left to f!ght, too, because we have a heck of a schedule left.”

The Bucs have elected to think of the season as a series of four quarters and they’re 2-0 so far in the second quarter. Two thrilling, last-minute victories in a row propelled the Bucs to a very energetic string of workouts in preparation for the latest challenge.

“We had a very good week of practice, a spirited week,” said Gruden after Friday’s 90-minute session. “The weather, I think, helped us out a little bit, too. It wasn’t as horribly hot as it was the previous two weeks. We’ve had three really good practices and I’m excited. I’m excited to see how we play against a very good team on the road.”

Injury Updates

Ellis Wyms returned to practice on Friday after missing the previous two workouts, leaving quarterback Chris Simms as the only Buccaneer who didn’t get in at least some field time this week. Simms is out indefinitely after his September 24 splenectomy.

Wyms, who is recovering from an ankle injury suffered last weekend, is one of five starters listed as questionable on the Bucs’ official injury report. The others are tight end Anthony Becht (foot), cornerback Juran Bolden (hip), linebacker Shelton Quarles (knee) and defensive end Simeon Rice (shoulder). Also questionable are reserve wide receivers Mark Jones (hamstring) and Maurice Stovall (back). Bolden missed Wednesday’s practice but has joined the team on the field the last two days.

The Bucs are hopeful that their aching players will continue to improve over the weekend and be able to suit up on Sunday.

“The injury report is the same as it has been,” said Gruden. “We won’t make any changes. We’ll just cross our fingers and hope some of the guys who are questionable are able to play.”

Whether or not Jones plays could depend on more than just his tweaked hamstring. With other punt return options like Ike Hilliard, Joey Galloway and, now, Phillip Buchanon available, the Bucs could choose to save a spot on their 45-man active list for another player.

“I’ll say this: Jamie Winborn has really helped our team and I think he’s got a great future here as a linebacker,” Gruden explained. “I like having him active. So how many receivers we choose to go with will be largely dependent on health and what we want to do in the kicking game.”

Unlike the Bucs, the Giants did make a handful of changes to their injury report on Friday. Two players, safety Jason Bell and linebacker Carlos Emmons, saw their chances to play on Sunday improve when they were upgraded from questionable to probable. Bell was suffering from a concussion and Emmons hasn’t played since Week Three thanks to pectoral injury.

Emmons’ return could come at a good time for the Giants, who lost linebacker LaVar Arrington to a season-ending Achilles tendon injury on Monday night and on Friday added linebacker Brandon Short to the injury report. Emmons started the first three games of the season at weakside linebacker, and Short has started the last three games at that position. Arrington was the starter on the strong side. Short is considered probable for the game with a knee injury.

Rookie wide receiver Sinorice Moss was downgraded from questionable to out on Friday due to his quad injury. Moss has played in only one game this season, against Philadelphia in Week Two.

Two other defensive starters for the Giants, cornerback Sam Madison and defensive end Osi Umenyiora remained questionable on the injury report. Neither participated in any of the team’s practices this week.

11 years ago '05        #335
space
space
Additional Thoughts from Coach Gruden

The Bucs’ coach touched on a variety of other topics during the week.

On Torrie Cox playing a larger role with Brian Kelly out for the season:
“Well, BK’s been gone, you know what I mean? It’s not like his role has changed. He’s still playing critical snaps. He’s seen some of the best wideouts in football. He’s going to see more of the same this week. He’s played well for us, he really has. He’s getting better. I think his playing time has helped him. He’s distinguished himself as a guy we know can play. We’d like to see him get on the scoreboard here with an interception of his own. We need more big plays and he’s a guy we’re counting on to give them to us.”

On what he sees in Eli Manning’s progress:
“I see steady improvement. We know he has the great physical tools, and he’s playing with great confident and poise. That’s a credit to him, a credit to Coach [Tom] Coughlin. They’ve done a nice job with their scheme. They’ve got a lot of really good talent there. The tight end is a heck of a player. [Plaxico] Burress is a big-play guy. No one talks about [Amani] Toomer anymore, but he’s still one great receiver. And they’ve got this guy Barber who drives us all crazy. They’ve got a lot of going for them offensively between running the ball with great success and a real good scheme with a maturing, on-the-rise quarterback.”

On how important Ronde Barber is to the Bucs’ defensive scheme:
“He’s very important. He’s a leader here, he’s a captain here, he’s a playmaker here. He’s got a lot of football left in him. I have a lot of confidence in where he’s going in the future as a football player. These Barbers, they’ll let us know when they’re ready to retire. I wish Tiki the best and, like I said earlier this week, I wish he would retire before kickoff of our game.”

On Stovall’s development:
“It has slowed down. His development is very slow right now. He’s got a sore back and he’s been inactive a lot here in the last few weeks. But he’s a great kid with a lot of talent. We’re counting on him, but he’s got to get healthy so he can compete and contribute to our team.”

On Tiki Barber remaining good at an age when many running backs tail off:
“Some guys are great and they’re able to sustain that kind of play for long periods of time. You’ve got to put him up there with some of the greats of all time. Greatness – that’s what he has. He’s very blessed and he’s a tremendous worker. There’s no question about that. This guy must be some kind of freak, he and his brother, in the offseason because they continue to get better.”

On Luke McCown’s progress:
“Pretty good, yeah pretty good. He ran two or three sets of plays today and I think that was good for him. His mobility looks okay and I think his confidence level is the most important thing right now and it’s coming back.”

On what message he gave the players after the team’s 0-4 start:
“Nobody died. Let’s just keep things in perspective. We’ve got a good football team, we’re working hard, good things are going to happen. I don’t remember how I said it. We’re not alone. There are a lot of people who are struck with adversity in life and in football and in this league, that’s for sure. If you can hang in there, I said, look back in two weeks there will be two or three other teams in the same spot we’re in right now. And that’s the case again. You’ve got to be mentally tough, man. People are going to say things about you and you’re going to be behind in the standings, going to be behind on the scoreboard. I say the heck with it – do what the Minnesota Twins did. Keep going out every night, playing, and see if you can catch up.”

On how the team will prepare for the winds at the Meadowlands:
“Well, we’re going to have an early bus. As soon as we got off the plane in New York or New Jersey, wherever we’re going, we’ll take a bus over to the Meadowlands and play catch in the wind so we get acclimated to it. It’s hard to prepare for it. It swirls there. There are rumors that they open up the end zone gates and let it fly when you’ve got the ball. That’s the way it goes. Bruce Gradkowski will get to experience a lot of things this year for the first time and fortunately for him he’ll get to experience the Meadowlands and the mystique behind it.”
 10-28-2006, 08:53 AM         #336
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Santoro said:

:sleepy: u MADDD
 11 years ago '04        #337
Obese82 6 heat pts
space
space
space
IIGHT BOYS, LETS MAKE SOME NOISE, 16 HOURS WE GONNA BE BLOCKIN THOSE JUMP SHOTS!!!! I LIVE 20 MINS FROM THE STADIUM, AND ALL I'M GONNA SAY IS, IT IS WINDY AS fu*k HERE AND COLD. SHOULD BE INTERESTING. LETS GET EM!!!!!
 11 years ago '05        #338
space
space
yessssssirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

3 hours away
 11 years ago '05        #339
space
space
Against the Giants’ defense, strong running by the Bucs’ tailback could help limit a frightening pass rush and continue New York’s third-down defensive woes

Game Day Spotlight: Cadillac Williams

RB Cadillac Williams has - not coincidentally - been on a roll during the Bucs' recent hot streak

Oct 29, 2006 -

It’s a nearly indisputable fact: As Cadillac Williams goes, so too go the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Through the Buccaneers’ first two games – a 27-0 defeat to the Baltimore Ravens and a 14-3 loss to the Atlanta Falcons – Williams totaled just 59 rushing yards and his longest run went for seven yards. Over the next four games – a span that included two wins and two narrow losses – he averaged 84 yards per game, breaking off longs of 34 and 38 yards and averaging 4.1 yards per carry. Williams success obviously depends on more than just his own talents, as the blocking has to be sound and the scoreboard has to permit a running game, but a big game by the Bucs’ tailback usually means a win.

That relationship between Williams’ performance and the Buccaneers’ success has been evident since the star running back burst onto the scene last season, rushing for an NFL rookie record 434 yards over his first three games…all victories. Going into today’s game, the Buccaneers are 6-1 when Williams rushes for at least 100 yards in a single game and a telling 8-0 when Williams carries the football more than 20 times in a game.

Against the New York Giants today, Williams will most likely need to accomplish both if the Buccaneers are to escape from New York with their third consecutive win. And at the very least, he’ll need to gain positive yards on first and second down.

First, establishing the running game will help keep the Giants’ defense honest and limit the amount of pressure New York’s pass-rushers can put on rookie quarterback Bruce Gradkowski. In victories over their last two opponents, the Giants defense has sacked opposing quarterbacks 13 times. This season, the combination of Pro Bowl defensive ends Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora has again been particularly effective, resulting in eight sacks through six games.

As is the case with most defenses, the Giants’ pass rush is most successful when it doesn’t have to account for the running game. Once an offense becomes one-dimensional, Giants defenders are among the best in the league in going after the quarterback. That’s exactly what happened in Dallas when the Cowboys fell behind in the score by double-digits. Essentially forced to throw on every down, quarterback Tony Romo was pressured relentlessly. The result was two sacks, several knock-downs and three pressure-induced interceptions.

That’s a fact not lost on Williams.

“I think getting the running game going is going to be real important because over the last two or three games the Giants have about 15 sacks,” Williams said. “Those guys Strahan and Umenyiora are great D-ends. It’s going to be big for us to establish the run.”

Effective running – especially on first and second down – will also help the Buccaneers exploit a surprising weakness of the Giants: its pass defense on third down.

“Third down is the money down,” said Gradkowski. “That’s what we called it in college. That’s when you make your money. That’s when you keep moving the chains and keep our defense off the field and get that first down.”

No defense in the NFL has been worse than the Giants when it comes to allowing opponents to convert on third down – something opposing offenses have done 51.8 percent of the time when in that situation against New York.

“When you pick up good yardage on first and second down, it makes that third down easier and not as predictable to the defense,” Gradkowski explained. “You can run the ball, you can throw the ball. That’s the kind of things we have to do. We have to be a good, solid offense on first and second down to put us in good position on third down.

“Our offensive line has been doing a great job the last couple of weeks of blocking, and Cadillac is going to run his tail off each and every week. We have great running backs – Mike Alstott, Michael Pittman. If they keep opening up the holes, we’ll be alright, and that’s the way we can mix it up and do different things on offense.”

When the Buccaneers follow that game plane, they are one of the better teams in the league in terms of converting on third down. On third downs in which the team has needed six yards or less to gain a first down, the Buccaneers have converted, on average, four of six chances. But on third downs in which the team has needed seven yards or more to convert, the Buccaneers are just one of seven on average.

Against the opportunistic Giants defense, that second scenario is one the Buccaneers must avoid at all costs, and Williams is the key to accomplishing that.

“Any time we can control the line of scrimmage – when it’s third-and-three, third-and-two, third-and-four – you’ve got a better chance of converting those third downs,” Williams said. “The running game will play a big role in getting those chances, so I’m looking forward to it.”
 10-29-2006, 10:16 AM         #340
SleepyThug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Forget the end of the season Tiki is gonna retire after this game...
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
90 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy