The Offical Los Angeles Lakers Thread

most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
69 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
77 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #61
lakersboy03 6 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$7,927 | Props total: 646 646
NBA.com's Season Preivew: Los Angeles Lakers

The 2005-06 Lakers season featured a disproportionate amount of thrilling moments for a 45-37 team, thanks mainly to the spectacular play of Kobe Bryant, he of the 81- and 62-point games, league-leading 35.4 scoring average, and playoff buzzer-beaters.
If the Lakers are to surpass last year’s showing (which was an 11-win jump from ’04-05), Phil Jackson will have to coax improvement largely from within, as the look of the team’s rotation hasn’t changed much beyond Bryant’s decision to switch from his familiar No. 8 jersey to No. 24.

L.A.’s main offseason move was the signing of rangy free-agent forward Vladimir Radmanovic, who brings shooting and athleticism at 6-10. The team also acquired Maurice Evans, a hard-working reserve, in a draft-day trade with Detroit.

Lamar Odom had another strong all-around season (14.8 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 5.5 apg). With his Pippenesque versatility, Odom seems like a perfect fit for Jackson and his triangle offense – the Lakers need even more production and a.ssertiveness from the 6-10 forward, who will still be only 27 as of Nov. 6.

Up front, the wait for Kwame Brown to become a star seems eternal, though the big man played good defense and his numbers were up markedly down the stretch after Chris Mihm went down with an ankle injury. Mihm, a solid offensive option down low, has recovered slowly from summer ankle surgery and will miss the start of camp, but he should be back for the season opener. While Andrew Bynum memorably spun around Shaq and dunked in his rookie year, the 19-year-old seven-footer is still very much a work in progress.

The Lakers are still looking for answers beside Kobe in the backcourt. Undrafted Smush Parker was a revelation during the regular season, but he struggled mightily in the playoffs. Meanwhile, Sasha Vujacic’s .346 field-goal percentage belied his reputation as a sharpshooter (though he did knock down 9-15 threes in the playoffs). The team added depth at the position by drafting Jordan Farmar out of UCLA and signing journeyman Shammond Williams, who spent last season with FC Barcelona.

As for other familiar names, Luke Walton will be back with his triangle-friendly brand of team play, and forward Brian Cook will return to knock down shots off the bench. However, Devean George – the last link to the 2000-02 champions other than Bryant – left for Dallas in the offseason.

The one place where L.A. has no question marks is of course at shooting guard, where Bryant is, remarkably, about to enter his 11th season at age 28. Kobe says he’ll be ready for training camp after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his right knee. He told the AP that “it took me 45 minutes to warm up for practice and games. It was crazy. [The knee] was very sore, you just played around it. I couldn't attack, put pressure on the defense the way I wanted to." If Kobe wasn't healthy last year, when he posted the NBA’s highest scoring average in 19 years, what could he possibly have in store this year?
-- Mark Haubner
 11 years ago '05        #62
space
space
space
if we past our TWO MAJOR ROAD TRIPS..... Dec. 19- Dec. 29 and Jan 30 - Feb 11 with winning reords then it will definately be a long season for us and I could see late May and/or June in our future

edit: Dec. 19-Dec. 29..........6 game road trip
Jan. 30-Feb. 11...........8 game road trip

Last edited by lakersboy03; 10-05-2006 at 01:56 PM..
 10-05-2006, 01:54 PM         #63
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
someone jimmysmack the sh*t outta kobe for changin his #

that 24 looks so gay on him... :sick:
 11 years ago '05        #64
space
space
space
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
someone jimmysmack the sh*t outta kobe for changin his #

that 24 looks so gay on him... :sick:

n*gga said jimmysmack
 10-05-2006, 01:58 PM         #65
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lakersboy03 said:
n*gga said jimmysmack

LMAOOO thats BEEN my word

im bringin it back

props
 11 years ago '04        #66
The-Ripper 
space
space
$1,793 | Props total: 1 1
Exit : Ocho
Enter : Deuce Foh
 10-05-2006, 05:16 PM         #67
Bang 0n Em 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people never learn when they make threads

ill be bumpin this once kobe chokes again
 10-05-2006, 05:27 PM         #68
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 11 years ago '05        #69
space
space
space
 Bang 0n Em said:
people never learn when they make threads

ill be bumpin this once kobe chokes again

I swear this dude lives to hate the teams I like.......
 11 years ago '04        #70
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
fu*ker, i think ur crazy, 2 years ago the lakers lost shaq & phil & had to make a million adjustments, we all know that was a rough year, last year nobody predicted us to get to the playoffs, everybody counted us out from day 1, yet we did make the postseason & we almost won that series if it wasnt for the team breakdown(TEAM NOT JUST KOBE) anyway, besides kwames bumass droppin every pass & brickin every play in the paint the only other REAL WEAKNESS was a consistant 3 shooter, which every team has had in the finals...they got that in Vlad(i hope) how do u figure a team that made the playoffs last year, & they upgraded this year will now have a below .500 record & miss the playoffs?
 11 years ago '05        #71
space
space
space
bump.....
 10-12-2006, 03:49 PM         #72
RonMexicoQB 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=fu*ker]First off, when Davis and Richardson are together and healthy they are a hell of a lot better combo then Kobe and Odom. [QUOTE]

the fact that you said this dumb line is the reason all your post in this thread are bias
 11 years ago '04        #73
Rich21 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,071 | Props total: 26 26
Hell yeah cant wait for this season..we did pretty good last year with what we had..so that makes me optomistic for this year seeing as we made a couple improvemnts..

Also ya'll best not sleep on Odom he'll bite ya in the a.ss..
 10-12-2006, 05:42 PM         #74
ItsDaCarter20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lakers are gonna get their a.sses handed to them tonight................only pre season though
 10-12-2006, 05:48 PM         #75
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
KOBEAST.. Gotta cop that new number joint.. thats gonna be a hot jersey around here for sure
 10-12-2006, 06:04 PM         #76
Fucker 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 casper said:
fu*ker, i think ur crazy, 2 years ago the lakers lost shaq & phil & had to make a million adjustments, we all know that was a rough year, last year nobody predicted us to get to the playoffs, everybody counted us out from day 1, yet we did make the postseason & we almost won that series if it wasnt for the team breakdown(TEAM NOT JUST KOBE) anyway, besides kwames bumass droppin every pass & brickin every play in the paint the only other REAL WEAKNESS was a consistant 3 shooter, which every team has had in the finals...they got that in Vlad(i hope) how do u figure a team that made the playoffs last year, & they upgraded this year will now have a below .500 record & miss the playoffs?
I love how the second some mediocre player like Vlad Rad signs with the Lakers he automatically goes from a dime a dozen european jump shooting bench rider who takes a game off everytime he breaks a fingernail and is more worried about his hair then he is developing any kind of inside game or rebounding skills or any other parts of his game for that matter, to the "savoir" of the Lakers. Yall are the most unrealistic fans of any team I have ever met. Putting all your eggs into the Vlad Rad basket Second of all, you guys already had several capable 3 point shooters. You give Brian Cook the same amount of minutes Vlad Rad gets and he will put up the EXACT same sh*t with better rebounding numbers.

There are several non-playoff teams that have improved drastically over the off season compared to the Lakers. If the Rockets stay healthy they will definitely do better then the Lakers, at least 10 games better. Hell, if they were healthy last year the Lakers woulda been bumped down another spot. Now with Battier and Wells it's lookin like they could even afford to have McGrady or Yao go out for month or so. Not to mention the Hornets who were damn near a playoff team last year and all the sh*t they did this off season. Peja, Chandler, Bobby Jackson.....but oh, Vladimir Radmanovic definitely beats all them out right? Not even fu*kin mentioning the fact that the T'Wolves got Mike James and you know KG aint gonna let them miss the playoffs again.

Lakers will be lucky as hell to get a 8 seed. I know you're a Laker fan and being unrealistic comes with the territory but time to face facts.

Last edited by Fucker; 10-12-2006 at 06:07 PM..
 10-12-2006, 06:05 PM         #77
Sho Kase 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
first off all you retards from Seattle .. fu*k urself Lakers will destroy the Sonics tonight, even without Kobe... 2nd of all .. the lakers will contend for a top 6 spot this season and thats WOOORRRD ... lakers are the sHiiiiit and Bynum lost weight lol see his pic? he gon cross up FAT a.ss HOMO SHAQ again this year.. watch on DEC 25th .. anyway .. Kobe >> ____ and Lakers >>> ___most teams in NBA___
 10-12-2006, 06:09 PM         #78
Fucker 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sho Kase said:
he gon cross up FAT a.ss HOMO SHAQ again this year.. watch on DEC 25th .. anyway .. Kobe >> ____ and Lakers >>> ___most teams in NBA___
See that's the difference between most real fans of a ball team and Lakers fans, we generally appreciate and don't insult people who won us 3 championships in a row.
 11 years ago '05        #79
space
space
space
 fu*ker said:
See that's the difference between most real fans of a ball team and Lakers fans, we generally appreciate and don't insult people who won us 3 championships in a row.

You spend more time hating on Kobe and the Lakers than you do making points FOR ANY OTHER TEAM.....I dont even know who your favorite team is........If its Portland....I understand the hate.....you bring good argument to the table....props for that...
 10-12-2006, 06:13 PM         #80
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wish I was a mod so I could block fu*ker from any thread that involves Kobe.. For his own good, he has a man crush.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago