The Offical Los Angeles Lakers Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
238 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
229 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-02-2006, 05:35 PM         #21
Bang 0n Em 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no comment
 11 years ago '05        #22
clemdaleray 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,668 | Props total: 66 66
sonics gonna k!ll the lakers on national TV

389 - 50 STRK: 11 w in a row WIN PCT: 88% 6 (+1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 166-45, Rank #15 | Aug 16: 363-90, Rank #17 | Aug 15: 707-208, Rank #16 | Aug 14: 551-194, Rank #13 | Aug 13: 227-116, Rank #17 | Aug 12: 738-411, Rank #10 | Aug 11: 1815-955, Rank #2 | Aug 10: 1780-964, Rank #5 | Aug 09: 3-2, Rank #301 | Aug 08: 574-368, Rank #19 *
 11 years ago '05        #23
clemdaleray 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,668 | Props total: 66 66
vlad will really help the lakers though

389 - 50 STRK: 11 w in a row WIN PCT: 88% 6 (+1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 166-45, Rank #15 | Aug 16: 363-90, Rank #17 | Aug 15: 707-208, Rank #16 | Aug 14: 551-194, Rank #13 | Aug 13: 227-116, Rank #17 | Aug 12: 738-411, Rank #10 | Aug 11: 1815-955, Rank #2 | Aug 10: 1780-964, Rank #5 | Aug 09: 3-2, Rank #301 | Aug 08: 574-368, Rank #19 *
 11 years ago '05        #24
lakersboy03 6 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$7,927 | Props total: 646 646
Ready or not, Lakers open training camp Tuesday
Ready or not, Lakers open training camp Tuesday

By JOHN NADEL, AP Sports Writer
October 2, 2006

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) -- The Los Angeles Lakers open training camp Tuesday, and the timing could be better.

First, three players including defending NBA scoring champion Kobe Bryant are recuperating from operations. And coach Phil Jackson is scheduled to undergo surgery to replace his right hip Tuesday instead of being on the sidelines when camp begins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody expressed much concern Monday at media day, although the 61-year-old Jackson, as might be expected, admitted to being nervous.

"Of course, anybody would be," he told reporters. "I do know a number of success stories."

Included was his mother.

"I felt in the best interests of our team, it would be better to do it sooner rather than later," Jackson said, explaining that the pain in his hip had increased in recent weeks and mobility became a problem.

"There's no single incident outside of my kids and Jeanie insisting I have it now instead of later," he added, referring to longtime girlfriend Jeanie Buss, a team executive and the daughter of owner Jerry Buss.

Dr. Lawrence Dorr of the Arthritis Institute in Inglewood will perform the surgery at the Centinela Hospital Medical Center. Jackson is expected to be released from the hospital Wednesday, and hopes to be on the bench Oct. 31 when the Lakers open the season against Phoenix.

"Dr. Dorr said I'll be walking with pride on opening night," Jackson said, adding he actually hopes to be attending practices long before that.

Jackson said he planned practices for the first week with a.ssistant Kurt Rambis, who will run the team along with fellow a.ssistants Frank Hamblen, Jim Cleamons and Brian Shaw.

"They're not going to goof off," Jackson said of his players. "We've got too many guys who have been head coaches on the staff who will shape things up if things get strung out."

Bryant, who had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee July 13, will be around, but won't be going full speed for a while.

"The knee's doing pretty good. It's getting stronger day-by-day," he said. "It's right on schedule. I'll go through some of the dummy offense. I just started running today, a little lightly. It feels really strong right now; I don't want to set it back."

Asked if he'll be ready for the season-opener, Bryant replied: "I should be, hopefully."

Bryant said Jackson will be missed, but he expressed confidence in the rest of the staff.

Bryant and Jackson had some well-publicized differences in Jackson's first five years as coach of the Lakers, but after taking a year off, the two appeared to get along very well last season.

"He and I have become extremely close," Bryant said. "He's really my mentor. I've learned everything, basically, from him."

Bryant, about to start his 11th NBA season despite being only 28, wore jersey No. 8 in his first 10 years. He's switched to No. 24.

"It's a little weird -- it's a trip," he said with a smile, peering down at the jersey.

"You see Kobe wearing 24? That's crazy to me," second-year center Andrew Bynum said.

Chris Mihm (right ankle) and Brian Cook (right thumb) also underwent operations in July, with Mihm's the more serious.

"It's finally feeling like an ankle again," he said. "I just got cleared for running and jogging. I tore it pretty good."

Mihm thought he sprained his ankle in mid-March, but played in only one game after that and finally discovered he tore three ligaments.

"I tore it up pretty good. I did a number on it," he said. "I knew it was bad. I've sprained my ankles hundreds of times, but it just wasn't getting better."

Mihm said he hopes to be ready for the season-opener.

"That's my focus, that's my plan," he said.

Rambis said practice will be filmed for Jackson to watch if he so chooses.

"I don't thing it's going to be difficult," Rambis said. "Kobe being out is going to have an impact. Chris being out is going to have an impact. We're all on the same page. As a coaching staff, we're all very confident we'll be able to accomplish our goals."
 10-03-2006, 06:20 PM         #26
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Vlady and Odom with Kobe will make one of the most tough match up problems in the L
 11 years ago '06        #27
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
kobe should have stayed with number 8... that 24 looks a.ss.
 11 years ago '05        #28
adh56 
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 9 9
KOBE for President
 11 years ago '05        #29
adh56 
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 9 9
O yea when did Kobe change the number to 24. #8 is lengendary
 11 years ago '05        #30
Juelz $antana 
space
space
$607 | Props total: 0 0
Lakers ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 11 years ago '04        #31
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
$10,403 | Props total: 212 212
 adh56 said:
O yea when did Kobe change the number to 24. #8 is lengendary
He filed for a number change last season. He has to keep it for at least 5 years before changing it again.
 10-03-2006, 07:38 PM         #32
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 11 years ago '04        #33
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,190 | Props total: 5466 5466
i'm really not liking that look. i'm waaaay too used to seeing no. 8. but i'm just glad that a number won't affect the way kobe plays, although his knee might.
 11 years ago '06        #34
anynameado 
space
space
$3,678 | Props total: 23 23
 smiles said:
honestly, kwame showed he could pay C after mihm got injured, he finally playing right in the triangle thats why i have faith in him, i think our front court depth is underated, we got kwame, odom, walton, ramonavic, mihm, turiaf, and bynum. kwame and odom will defintely start, walton or radmonavic will probably switch up the 3rd spot, although id like to see vlade come off the bench for scoring punch. mihms a nice scorer in the triangle, rebounds, & blocks shots, plus hes adored by phil which is a plus, while turiaf fits ur energetic/garbage/JYD role which living in toronto makes me miss that fu*k a lot. bynum is the question, i just hope he developed and phil gives him some more min, maybe 17-24 this season?

we're probably fu*ked at pg cause if smush aint consistent enough wit it, not saying that he cant be, then we got a problem, then again it is phils team and he has odom playing point so it should work like last year

IM NOT EVEN GONNA TALK ABOUT MAMBA, we all know what dude is gonna do this year, all i wanna see is hm incorporate his amazing team play form the suns series into his scoring game, just to find a balance and this team will do no worse than SIXTH, QUOTE ME ON THAT n*ggaS
I thought vlade retired
 11 years ago '04        #35
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,190 | Props total: 5466 5466
^^^ he meant vlade radmonovic. they lakers aquired him from the clippers at the end of the season
 11 years ago '06        #36
authenic 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,225 | Props total: 1817 1817

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

lol

[pic - click to view]

[IMG]http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/03/full.getty-7
 11 years ago '05        #37
McLaren 
space
space
$4,722 | Props total: 0 0
Bynum is jacked up!!!!
 11 years ago '04        #38
R. Joven 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,126 | Props total: 65 65
*waits for Turiaf's dances*

I never say this but... no homo...
 11 years ago '05        #40
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 717 717
them lakers n*gga i see big things this year
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy