Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
169 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pete Rock Goes in on Young Thug for Hassling Airport Workers
107 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside He's back!! Kangaroo got time now
75 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-05-2007, 08:57 PM         #1961
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami got the deepest fan base on this bi*ch. Best part of it we got about 15-20 real for life fans. They were here when we won games and they were here when we lost a lot last year.
 9 years ago '05        #1962
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$14,647 | Props total: 596 596
 RakimAllahNY said:
Miami got the deepest fan base on this bi*ch. Best part of it we got about 15-20 real for life fans. They were here when we won games and they were here when we lost a lot last year.
Yeah, and I don't think there are very many bandwagoners either cause most bandwagoners go for the top teams every year. Miami hasn't been up there where they usually are for a couple years now.

Little less than a month until Marshall gets destroyed.
 9 years ago '06        #1963
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,716 | Props total: 12263 12263
 RakimAllahNY said:
Soon Rivals will re release there top 150 or whatever. Expect a long of Canes to be moving up. Esp Patrick Johnson. Fortson and Harris should also move up considerably IMO.

Whats good Dedos good to have the hurricane fans back
u already know famo

chillin mang bout to pass out got real estate school tommrow

one hunnnnet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canes biaaaacch

08-05-2007, 11:13 PM         #1964
pedigree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cant wait till the season starts!
 9 years ago '06        #1965
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
* lights up a blunt and counts down the days till we play marshall *

:rasta:
 08-06-2007, 11:07 AM         #1966
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Marcus Fortson is now a 5 star player.. 15th in the nation.. Patrick Johnson is still a 5 star but now hes the third best player in the country.
 9 years ago '06        #1967
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
Marcus Fortson is now a 5 star player.. 15th in the nation.. Patrick Johnson is still a 5 star but now hes the third best player in the country.
lets pray no injury or somethig crazy happens and they have great college careers for us and move on to the NFL and reps us to the death

wow @ shannon and barrow and the rest of the recruting staff

we already have bout the same commits as last year

in shannon we trust

* pays homage to irvin *

Last edited by DEDOS; 08-06-2007 at 11:16 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #1968
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 RakimAllahNY said:
And it looks like they got Buchanon listed as a safety and moved him into the top 100 and future cane commit (hopefully) Matt Patchan got 5 stars now too.
 9 years ago '04        #1969
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
2 top UM recruits get clearance to play
Posted on Mon, Aug. 06, 2007Digg it del.icio.us reprint or license print email
BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN

Two highly rated University of Miami football players were cleared Monday by the NCAA Clearinghouse and are expected to practice with the team Tuesday.

Wide receiver Leonard Hankerson and defensive end Adewale Ojomo are the players UM fans have eagerly awaited.

The UM sports information office confirmed the news, as did Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas High School Coach George Smith.

''UM called me at about noon today,'' said Smith, who coached Hankerson. ``He got cleared. It's ridiculous how that goes. The NCAA Clearinghouse was just dragging its feet. There was never a distinguishable problem. It was just a holdup.''

Hankerson, 6-3 and 199 pounds, was the top wide receiver in Broward County last season. He caught 39 passes for 803 yards and 14 touchdowns as a senior. He chose Miami over Ohio State, Michigan and Georgia.

''He was a very valuable member of our team, and he's only going to get better,'' Smith said. ``He's got great hands and is deceptively fast.

``He's also one of the nicest kids you'll ever meet.''

Ojomo, 6-3 and 236 pounds, played at Hialeah High. As a senior in 2006, he had 60 tackles, four sacks and four forced fumbles. He played outside linebacker as a sophomore and junior before moving to defensive end as a senior.

Ojomo chose Miami over North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, Kentucky and Georgia.
 9 years ago '04        #1970
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
August 6, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

WR Leonard Hankerson got rave reviews in summer 7-on-7 work, with several upperclassmen saying they expected him to make an immediate impact for the Canes.

But then he was flagged by the NCAA Clearinghouse for paperwork reasons.

CaneSport.com has now confirmed that he is through the Clearinghouse and will be at practice tomorrow morning.

And the same goes for DE Adewale Ojomo, who likewise had paperwork issues with the Clearinghouse. He expected to miss up to the first two weeks of fall drills while waiting for his paperwork to go through, but it was expedited and he also has received word he can report to UM.

Hankerson had 39 receptions for 803 yards and 14 touchdowns as a senior at Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas High School. That included an 85-yard, one-touchdown performance in the team's overtime state championship loss.

Ojomo finished his senior season at Hialeah High School with 60 tackles, four sacks and four forced fumbles. He was rated the No. 27 weakside defensive end prospect in the nation by Rivals.com.

Both players have told CaneSport.com previously that they hope to play as true freshmen. Now they will have that chance.

With both reporting, the Hurricanes have all of their signees qualified and on campus.
 9 years ago '04        #1971
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
ncaa clearinghouse be trippin
startin to think a bunch of FSU fans work there
 08-06-2007, 04:07 PM         #1972
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
ncaa clearinghouse be trippin
startin to think a bunch of FSU fans work there
True That... Or GayTORS..
 9 years ago '06        #1973
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 9 years ago '04        #1974
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
HURRICANES PRACTICE IN SHELLS ON DAY THREE OF TRAINING CAMP

Aug. 6, 2007

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - - Day Three of the Miami Hurricanes' training camp stalled for an hour due to lightning in the Coral Gables area, but the Hurricanes ironed out their first day of practice in shells at the Greentree Practice Fields on Monday morning.

After starting at 7:50 a.m., the Hurricanes were forced to wait out lightning in the area. The team resumed practice around 9:30 a.m. The team has one more day of practice in shells before practicing in full pads on Wednesday.

"We got a little red zone work in today," UM head coach Randy Shannon said. "We were trying to work on the red zone because that's most important. Red zone work is more than scoring touchdowns and field goals, but we want to score more touchdowns. We did a nice job on both sides of the ball. I think we scored three times and kept them out a few times."

Shannon was asked about the play of junior tight end DajLeon Farr. "He's grown up a lot," Shannon said. "He's matured a lot. DajLeon is big and fast. Sometimes guys come in and the maturity factor sets in. He's matured now and understands what it takes. He's doing a wonderful job for us. We can do a lot of things with DajLeon. That's one of the reason he came to Miami. We have a lot of confidence in him. As coaches, we have to evaluate talent on what's best for the team."

Notes:
Hankerson, Ojomo Cleared by NCAA Clearinghouse
Two Hurricanes freshmen recruits - WR Leonard Hankerson and DE Adewale Ojomo - were certified today by the NCAA Clearinghouse and can begin practicing with the team on Tuesday. That means all 19 of the school's recruits have qualified and are now with the team.

Sharpton and Berry Out
Sophomore linebacker Darryl Sharpton has missed the last two days of practice due to soreness. Freshman defensive back Damien Berry also has been out. "Damien Berry is still rehabbing an injury from high school," Shannon said. "You know how it is -- you don't want to reinjure something. So we're taking our time with him." Shannon also said freshman running back Shawnbrey McNeil is still awaiting clearance from the doctors after taking his physical.

Zampogna Granted Sixth Year
Senior placekicker Francesco Zampogna has earned a sixth-year of eligibility. A year ago he scored on two extra points in a game against Florida A&M, and he handled some kickoff duties during the 2004 season. "We need competition at every position. Now it's more competition for the kicking," Shannon said.
 9 years ago '04        #1975
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. - - The Miami Hurricanes football team showcased some big plays on offense and rattled off a few turnovers on defense as the team took part in its second preseason practice Sunday morning at the Greentree Practice Fields.

"The offense did a good job with a couple of big plays, but we had two turnovers, which is something we can't have," UM head coach Randy Shannon said. "Right now, we're getting big plays on offense and the defense has to stop what we're trying to get done on offense. Defensively, creating turnovers is a big emphasis in this camp."

On another hot day in South Florida, Hurricanes fans watched as `Cane receivers and tight ends made several impressive catches. Junior tight end Chris Zellner made several tough catches, but one of the big highlights of the day came on a long touchdown catch from senior wideout Lance Leggett in 7-on-7 passing drills.

Shannon said UM's big play capability has everyone on the team excited. "Everyone gets excited, even defensive coordinators. They're excited when you get seven points quick. Then, you go out on the field, stop them and the other team is little bit tired all of sudden."

Miami's defense recorded a couple of interceptions during morning workouts, bouncing back from giving up some long plays. Shannon said he likes to see the offense challenging the defense, and vice versa. "There's competition everyday," he said. "If the defense is getting whipped a little bit, that's good. That makes those guys not rely on their morals and be complacent. If the offense is getting big plays like that, it makes the defense bear down and work harder."

Notes:
Fast Furious Can Beat the Heat
With temperatures again in the upper 80s and the heat index around 100 degrees, Shannon's up-beat practice tempo is the team's way to beat the heat. "We always tell those guys if you go fast and furious, you won't even worry about the heat because you're always moving around and the breeze is going to hit you," he said. "If you're taking your time and going through the motions, a one-hour and 40-minute practice can turn into a two-hour and 20-minute practice. We stress moving fast and an up-beat tempo." ... No one new has been cleared with today being Sunday.

Tough with the Ball
Miami's defense wants to create turnovers in 2007, which is the emphasis in preseason. Even when the whistle blows after a drill, UM defenders are still looking to strip the ball, which Shannon says is a good habit. "It makes the offense protect the ball. It also makes the defense work on causing turnovers. Both sides of the ball are getting what needs to be done by doing that."

Single-Game Tickets on Sale
Hurricanes fans can purchase a Mega-Plan, which includes a reserved ticket to the Texas A&M game and three other home games of their choice for $160 per pack. That is a $7 per ticket savings off the $47 individual game ticket price. In addition, season tickets are still available for only $190, which is only $27 per game. Tickets can be purchased at or by calling (305) 284-CANES in Miami-Dade or (800) GO-CANES outside of Miami-Dade.
 9 years ago '05        #1976
King rA 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,773 | Props total: 8 8
this is my first post in this thread so i dont know if its been discussed before but....

Do any of you think UM missed out on Antwain Easterling? I dont personally know him or anything, but i know people that do. I know he fu*ked up with the whole incident he had with the girl who was a minor at his school, but i his talent was just amazing. 2,831 rushing yards, 33 TDs in a season. i think they should have taken a chance with him.

thats him for those who dont know
 08-07-2007, 01:58 AM         #1977
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He was really nice and I think he could have been an impact player on any team. But after last years turbulent year with the f!ght and the murder they wont know problems at all if they can avoid it. Its reminds me of a lot of the kids they let go after the Pell Grant scandal.
 9 years ago '04        #1978
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 King rA said:
this is my first post in this thread so i dont know if its been discussed before but....

Do any of you think UM missed out on Antwain Easterling? I dont personally know him or anything, but i know people that do. I know he fu*ked up with the whole incident he had with the girl who was a minor at his school, but i his talent was just amazing. 2,831 rushing yards, 33 TDs in a season. i think they should have taken a chance with him.

if graig cooper had ended up de-commiting, i wouldve loved to have seen easterling in orange and green
but after the willie williams fiasco, taking in troubled players is a no-no
 9 years ago '04        #1979
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 King rA said:

Homeboy... well i played against dude a couple of years ago in high school, as you know. He was very good his junior year, but it looks like he became amazing his senior but i did not see him for that. Although he was pure talent all over him, UM has always had that image of breaking the law and sh*t like that. Some of Shannon's objectives right now is to clean up that image but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have taken a chance on him. But oh well, we got Graig Cooper now and dude is just unreal. He's a lil Reggie Bush.
 9 years ago '04        #1980
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
August 7, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Former five-star DT Jerrell Powe has tried for two years to gain admission into Ole Miss.

It hasn't happened.

He's taken in-person courses, on-line courses through colleges and has also re-taken standardized tests.

On paper, according to father figure Joe Barnett, he's qualified with the correct number of core courses, an 18 on the ACT and a qualifying grade-point average.

And now Powe is looking to attend a new school: The University of Miami.

UM has scholarship spots open and could use some immediate help at defensive tackle.

Powe might help fill a big need.

"Miami is making an attempt (to get Powe through admissions)," said Barnett, who is a father figure for Powe, who grew up in Waynesboro, Miss., without a father. "It appears they will make a commitment to take Jerrell (football-wise), and if so he will commit to them. The next 36 hours it should all get sorted out. I'd say it's a 90 percent chance he'll be a Hurricane by the end of the week.

"Miami had remained his next choice for a long time."

One possible hangup: Powe isn't through the NCAA Clearinghouse yet.

All the paperwork has been submitted, but the Clearinghouse recently came back with, according to Barnett, a "little laundry list" of things they needed clarified.

Powe has a lawyer representing him for the Clearinghouse.

Part of the problem with getting him cleared in the past is, according to Barnett, that there's some confusion about whether he is learning disabled or not.

Powe received aid in taking tests in high school as other learning disabled students do, but the Clearinghouse in the past questioned if he received too much help.

"We had him re-tested (this past) November and he was determined to have a dyslexia problem," Barnett said. "It's been determined that he can receive any accommodation for a learning disabled student."

Barnett says, with the help of the lawyer, that he is optimistic Powe will be cleared shortly.

He says it would help the cause with the Clearinghouse if UM admissions accepts him.

"He needed one more course this summer, which was a foreign language," Barnett said. "He took that in Jackson, Miss., and got a high-B average."

For now, Barnett and Powe are hopeful everything will work out.

"Jerrell called coach (Joe) Pannunzio last night," Barnett said. "They talked about his conditioning, how much he weighs, if he'd be able to get down there.

"It'd be a great marriage if he winds up at Miami."

Barnett said the 6-foot-4 Powe currently weighs 345 pounds and is running a 5.0-second 40-yard dash.

It certainly will be a twisting road to UM if Powe does wind up at Miami.

He initially committed to LSU out of Wayne County High School, announcing on national TV. He later switched to Ole Miss and has stood by them until recently.

As a nonqualifier out of high school he attended Hargrave Military for a year. He didn't make it through the Clearinghouse after that year and spent the past 12 months taking more courses to get qualified.

He also worked several jobs, including as a jailer for the Wayne County Sheriff's Department.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
175 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
80 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
144 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
188 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy