70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
154 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-14-2007, 01:34 PM         #1841
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 14, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

He's the fastest man on the team.

And with that comes pressure to be a playmaker.

Receiver Sam Shields, who clocked in at 4.26 seconds in the 40-yard dash in testing almost a full tenth of a second faster than runner-up Bruce Johnson has high expectations for himself as a sophomore.

"I just have to stay in the film room and keep running my routes, caching balls with the quarterbacks and have a successful year," Shields said.

What is Shields doing different from a year ago?

"I'm working harder," he said. "Coaches know I can help the team out, stay on me to work harder and I'm working harder to help the team."

Shields knows the receiving corps is largely untested. Lance Leggett has been inconsistent, Darnell Jenkins has never broken through, and Shields had a couple of big games but disappeared in others last season.

So what is to be expected from this year's receiver group?

"We have a lot of talent," Shields said. "We're all working hard and competing for a position. It's going to be a fun year.

"Everybody's coming along and helping each other. Everybody's working hard. It's all about quality work."

Shields also expects the true freshmen to make an immediate impact.

"I think all of them should help out right away," Shields said. "Kayne (Farquharson), those guys are working hard."

The new offense under coordinator Patrick Nix will in large part dictate UM's fortunes, as the defense is again expected to be strong.

So what should be expected for a one-year turnaround?

"Last year it seemed we weren't working together, but this year everyone's coming along and it seems we're getting back that swagger," Shields said. "We were too laid-back last year, and now it's really coming along. Everyone's getting on each other. It's exciting."

* Of what is different under Randy Shannon, Shields said, "It's a lot more discipline. He's not relaxing on anybody. He's really trying to win the national championship, and that's what we need."

* Of freshman quarterback Robert Marve, Shields said, "He's got a nice, strong arm. All the quarterbacks look good."

* Shields says he hopes to be a returner this year. As a senior in high school he returned six kickoffs and two punts for touchdowns.

* The outlook of the team?

"Everybody's ready to get after it," Shields said. "Everyone's competing to work harder. Everybody's helping each other. It's coming along."
 07-14-2007, 01:35 PM         #1842
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 13, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Matt Patchan bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Seffner (FL) Armwood High School OL Matt Patchan has already taken unofficial visits this summer to LSU, Florida, Florida State and Georgia.

He says one of his favorite memories from those trips was meeting Bobby Bowden.

"One of the things I thought was cool was I got a chance to sit down and talk with coach Bowden, the winningest coach in DI football," Patchan said. "I can tell my grandchildren that. That was the most interesting thing I've done."

Patchan adds of the trips that "Every time I go to a different college I learn something new. I try to pick things up along the way. It's helped narrow things down. I know what I'm looking for and where the best talent is."

But he's not publicly ruling out any schools just yet.

And the next and last trip of the summer for Patchan is to Miami this weekend.

"I'll be down there Friday morning and will stay there and leave late on Sunday to come back," he said. "I'll see the facilities. The main thing is I want to sit down and talk with coach (Randy) Shannon and coach (Clint) Hurtt and see how they feel about me playing some defense. I'll talk to coach (Andreu) Swasey, have a conversation with him and talk with coach (Jeff) Stoutland I've already talked to him on many occasions."

Patchan is already well acquainted with UM's campus. He's been to Coral Gables so often in his life he can't even count how many times he's been there.

He has a long family history at UM: His father Matt played at Miami from 1985-87; his uncle, Danny Mariscal, played at UM (1985-86), as did his father's cousin, Clem Barbarino (1978-81).

Barbarino was roommates with former Cane coach Art Kehoe, and Kehoe coached Patchan's father.

"I have family in Miami, and my mom and her family grew up in Key West, are seventh generation there," Patchan said.

Patchan says even is his visit to UM this weekend goes perfectly he won't be making any quick decisions.

"I'm not going to narrow it down until the beginning of football season, will narrow it to two or three then," he says. "I'm not going to commit anywhere (soon) based on how my trips go or how Miami is."

Of where the Canes stand in his recruiting picture entering the visit, he says, "Miami's always going to be in it because of the family and history we have there. But it's not about that. I'm not making a decision based on that. The team that's best for me that will develop me to be the best I can is where I will go. I need the very best of the best to coach me and develop me as a man."
 9 years ago '04        #1843
Javon23 252 heat pts252
space
space
$45,088 | Props total: 6175 6175
 madness said:
refs wont screw us over two times in a row
fu*k outta here
excuses excuses
 9 years ago '06        #1844
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,724 | Props total: 12271 12271
did marcus robinson just commit ?!?!?!

:wow: :wow: :wow:

hook me up famo

:rasta:
 07-14-2007, 07:07 PM         #1845
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 14, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Marcus Robinson bioVideo highlights

Homestead High School LB Marcus Robinson made his college decision today.

Kind of.

He committed to Hurricane coaches but says he will be taking other visits.

"I committed," Robinson told CaneSport. "I just thought it was a good spot for me. They reacted great to it were real excited."

Asked where else he's planning to visit, Robinson said, "I don't know where yet."

He has previously mentioned USC, LSU, Florida, Florida State and Michigan as schools he would like to visit.

If he does wind up at Miami in the end, Robinson's high school coach, Bobby McCray, knows the Canes have a great prospect on their hands.

"He's an old-fashioned type UM player," McCray said. "His athleticism is second to none. He comes off the edge with such a great first step. He's the leader of the team.

"I don't like to look at four stars, five stars, but (Miami's) getting one of the top players in the country."

A reason Robinson decided on UM is his close relationship with Michael Barrow, the Hurricane linebacker coach who was coaching Robinson at Homestead High last year.

"The coaches say they want me to come and compete for a job," said Robinson, who is also close friends with former teammate and Cane freshman Joseph Nicolas.

Robinson ended his junior year with 22 sacks and 86 tackles. He also had three defensive touchdowns.

Robinson is the nation's fourth-ranked outside linebacker prospect. He also is the No. 9 overall prospect in the state of Florida and the No. 67 overall prospect in America according to Rivals.com.
 9 years ago '05        #1846
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
Damn Michael Barrow really doing his thing in recruiting.
 07-15-2007, 10:34 PM         #1847
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Javon23 said:
remember the day
September 11, 2010
The Day Miami Will Come To The Horse Shoe
And Get Owned...........
fu*k outta here with that bullsh*t!

Nice to see the soft a.ss schedule you got in '07...
 9 years ago '04        #1848
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
UM freshman QB Marve hurts arm in crash
BY BARRY JACKSON

University of Miami freshman quarterback Robert Marve injured his left (nonthrowing) hand early Monday morning when a car driven by Hurricanes freshman receiver Jermaine McKenzie flipped over on Interstate 75 just north of Naples.

McKenzie was not injured, according to his father, John, and was back in Miami on Monday afternoon. UM sophomore linebacker Colin McCarthy, who was the only other person in the vehicle, left the hospital in Naples on Monday and did not appear to be injured, according to Robert Weiner, who was Marve's head coach at Tampa Plant High.

Marve, who was in the back seat sleeping when the accident happened, sustained lacerations on both his left hand and wrist and disfigurement of his left ring finger, according to Weiner, who was with Marve in the emergency room of Naples Community Hospital on Monday.

Weiner said Marve was set to have surgery on the hand later Monday afternoon but that doctors were uncertain if he had ligament or tendon damage. Marve suffered no injuries to his throwing hand or any other injuries, aside from stiffness in his body, the coach said.

''They want to cleanse his hand and make sure it's not infected,'' Weiner said. ``That's more important than checking out a fracture. He's feeling pretty good. He's a trooper.''

Weiner said Marve likely won't play football ''for at least a month'' but an exact timetable won't be known until doctors determine whether there's ligament damage. UM begins practice Aug. 4 and plays its regular-season opener Sept. 1 against Marshall.

McCarthy could not be reached for comment, but Weiner said McCarthy ``didn't seem to have any injuries and was moving fine and talking fine. He was shaken up.''

A UM spokesman said the school was gathering information and had no comment as of mid-afternoon.

The three players were returning to Miami late Sunday night after a weekend in Central Florida, where they have family. Marve and McCarthy picked up McKenzie in Bradenton, and were alternating driving responsibilities, Weiner said.

The accident occurred ''a couple minutes after midnight'' Monday morning, according to a Fort Myers-based dispatcher with the Florida Highway Patrol.

According to the dispatcher, the vehicle flipped after colliding with a guard rail. But Weiner said it was his understanding that there was no collision with the guard rail. Weiner, who received an account of events from Marve, said the car went off the side of the road, and McKenzie tried to turn back to the right to compensate, causing the car to flip.

The dispatcher, who declined to give his name, said no arrests were made, and there was nothing documented to suggest alcohol was involved. Weiner said Marve had no theories as to why the accident happened. Asked whether McKenzie might have fallen asleep, McKenzie's father, John, declined comment. John McKenzie declined to make any comment beyond saying his son is fine.

''Anyone who gets in a car accident like that is in shock,'' Weiner said. ``The first thing you're thankful for is everybody is still alive.''

Marve, the only scholarship quarterback in UM's recruiting class, was rated the nation's No. 8 quarterback by rivals.com and was named Florida's Mr. Football in 2006. During the past few months, he has impressed his new UM teammates and coaches with his maturity, arm strength and willingness to spend considerable time in the film room.

Though UM offensive coordinator Patrick Nix said in April that Marve would be given a chance to win the starting job, that was considered unlikely -- even before the car accident -- because of his lack of experience compared with Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman.

McKenzie, rated the nation's 16th-best receiver by rivals.com in this year's recruiting class, has emerged as one of UM's standout freshmen during summer workouts and is expected to compete for immediate playing time. McKenzie attended Bradenton Academy and has been friends with Marve since both initially committed to Alabama before Mike Shula was fired.

McCarthy, who attended Clearwater High, appeared in nine games last season, mostly on special teams and as a backup linebacker. He was impressive during spring practice and is expected to challenge for a starting job.

thank god everyone's straight...
 9 years ago '06        #1849
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
damnnnnnnnnnnn thank goodness :wow:
 07-16-2007, 03:03 PM         #1850
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow...
 9 years ago '06        #1851
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space

Yo cap or rakim im pretty sure ull get around to post this but can yall hook me up
 9 years ago '04        #1852
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
daummmmmmmmmmmmmm
 07-17-2007, 01:04 AM         #1853
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:

Yo cap or rakim im pretty sure ull get around to post this but can yall hook me up
July 15, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Matt Patchan bioVideo highlights

The rumors of a commitment were flying after Tampa (FL) Freedom OL Matt Patchan spent the last three days at UM.

So, did he commit?

"I didn't commit," Patchan said. "I'm going to take three or four of my visits and then I'm going to make my decision come the end of December or early January.

"I don't know quite yet exactly where I'll visit, But I will know by the beginning of August. Miami has a really, really good shot at an official (visit)."

Of his time on campus, Patchan said, "Overall it was an extremely good visit. I really enjoyed it. I look forward to talking with them again. It was great."

He took the visit with his parents (his father played for Miami) and his uncle (who also played for UM) as well as two cousins.

One of his overriding concerns in talking with coaches was whether he'd be able to also play defense if he chooses to become a Cane.

"They said if I work hard and earn my spot I'd be able to play defense as well (as offense), that they'd give me that opportunity if I'm the best man," Patchan said."

Patchan had lengthy meetings with coaches Randy Shannon, Jeff Stoutland and Clint Hurtt.

As well as UM President Donna Shalala.

"This morning we met with her," Patchan said. "That was awesome. She has a great history. That was one of the highlights of the whole thing as well. She's a really cool person to talk to. I talked to her about the academics and the football. Of course I had to draw the conversation to politics because she has a great political background. It was a debate. I'm a Republican, so I was joking around that the fact that she's a Democrat won't come into play when I make a decision.

"We talked to her for a good bit, got there at 9 and didn't get back to the hotel until 11:15."

Of his conversations with Shannon over the weekend, Patchan said, "We were talking about a bunch of things, what happened in the past with certain things and how he runs the program there, what's changed and what's different and why the program can be better and what he envisions happening.

"We talked about playing both ways, where he sees the future of the program, how the talent will continue to be there."

Patchan spent several hours with Stoutland during the course of the visit.

"We had a bunch of long talks with him about technique, how he works out his players and practices them," Patchan said. "We also got chance to talk with coach Hurtt about how I would fit into UM's defensive line as well as offensive line. Those were all really good things we got to talk about."

A rundown of his visit:

"We got down Friday we got down there, there were some people working out we talked to and we talked to coach (Andreu) Swasey," Patchan said. "We got to see how he runs things. That's what we did Friday. We met a couple of the freshmen. They have a great group of kids. It was exciting to be around them. There were a lot of NFL guys working out as well. That was cool watching them working.

"On Saturday I got a chance to watch the 7-on-7's and the offensive line and defensive line individual drills. So I got a chance to see how they work, how they push themselves. Vernon Carey was back from the Dolphins and I got a chance to see him. That was very cool. The 7-on-7's were impressive. The defense is one of the best if not the best in the nation. It was exciting. Afterwards I hung out with a couple of the guys, Jason Fox and Derrick Morse. It was pretty cool. I talked to (Robert) Marve I played against him in high school and he's a pretty cool kid. We were talking about previous players we know, how he's getting acclimated to the school. At night I went out with a couple of players, hung out with them. That was great."

Patchan also spent some time Saturday with former Cane George Mira Jr., who roomed with his father and uncle when they all played at Miami.

Today Patchan met with Shalala before having more meetings with coaches.

He left campus in the late afternoon for the drive home.
 07-17-2007, 01:08 AM         #1854
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 16, 2007

Related Links:
Jonathan Baldwin bioVideo highlights

Four-star prospect Jonathan Baldwin says he's set to visit the University of Miami this weekend.

"I'm coming Friday, will be staying three days," he said.

Baldwin has never seen UM's campus before, but he's been in Miami for basketball tournaments in the past.

He says he will be taking the visit with an a.ssistant coach from his high school.

It's his fourth and final visit of the summer he's already visited Notre Dame, Pittsburgh and Michigan.

And those four schools along with USC round out his top five.

"I'll be visiting USC during the season," Baldwin says.

Baldwin says he speaks with Cane receivers coach Marques Mosely "every three days."

"We just talk about how they can get me the ball, things like that," Baldwin said. "We talk about 10, 15 minutes."

What he's looking for in a college program?

"I don't want to get redshirted my first year, want to be able to play right away," Baldwin said. "And I look to see if they have what I'm looking for academically. I'll be majoring in communications."

Baldwin says he will "probably" announce a final decision on Signing Day.

He says he has no frontrunners among his top five.

Of what he expects on the Miami trip, he says, "I'll check out the campus and just vacation. I don't know much about the school. I'll find out about it."

In a run-based offense last year Baldwin had 21 receptions for 370 yards.
 9 years ago '05        #1855
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
here go screen shots from my first game for ncaa for ps3 :finger: tha gators

final score

[pic - click to view]

int by kenny phillips (102 yards to be exact)

[pic - click to view]

javarris james 2 yrd td and throws up the u sign :applause: :applause:

[pic - click to view]

same pic except zoomed in

[pic - click to view]

d.farr getting in on the action and throwing the U sign up

[pic - click to view]

saving the highlights into my ps3

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #1856
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Return time uncertain for UM's McKenzie

University of Miami freshman receiver Jermaine McKenzie is in a neck brace following a car accident, and the timetable for his return is uncertain.

On Monday, McKenzie's father, John, said his son was fine in the wake of Sunday night's accident north of Naples. But on Tuesday, John McKenzie told canesport.com his son sustained hairline fractures in his neck but would not require surgery.

McKenzie said his son likely would not be ready for the start of practice Aug. 4. UM officials want to proceed cautiously because of the nature of the injury. McKenzie has been very impressive in summer workouts.

''We don't know how long he has to wear [the neck brace],'' John McKenzie told canesport.com. ``From his neck down, he's fine.''

McKenzie fell asleep while driving back to Miami on Sunday night, and his car hit a guard rail on Interstate 75 and flipped. Freshman quarterback Robert Marve, who was in the back seat, underwent surgery on his left (nonthrowing) hand Monday and is out indefinitely. Linebacker Colin McCarthy, the other passenger, was not injured.

UM has not commented since the accident.
 9 years ago '04        #1857
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Deeangoe said:

[pic - click to view]

:applause:
 9 years ago '05        #1858
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 Deeangoe said:
here go screen shots from my first game for ncaa for ps3 :finger: tha gators
Damn u makin me want this game more but im going to wait til i get a 360 or PS3 first.
 07-17-2007, 05:02 PM         #1859
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I got that sh*t on PS3, I'm doing the campus legend sh*t starting QB for Miami freshman. I'm like a young Dorsey but black and can run

And in the game, Cooper>ANY RB IN THIS sh*t. GOD DAMN n*gga is 83 with 95 speed, kids raw as sh*t.. So is Mcknight and Rojo for USC
 07-17-2007, 05:08 PM         #1860
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wide Receiver
Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington

Ht: 5-foot-11 (Events)
Wt: 161 lbs
Forty: 4.33 secs
Bench reps: 3
Vertical: 35 inches
Shuttle: 4.03 secs
GPA: 2.8
Class: 2008 (High School)

July 17, 2007

Related Links:
Davon Johnson bio

With the season upcoming, Booker T. Washington WR Davon Johnson didn't want to wait any longer.

He knew he wanted to be a Cane, so an hour ago he picked up the phone and called UM WR coach Marques Mosely.

"I told him I wanted to be a Hurricane, that I was committing," Johnson said. "He was screaming on the phone. He said great, that he was happy, that the program is going to be great.

"I just felt like it was time for me to make my decision so I could worry about finishing school. I didn't want any distractions."

Johnson says right now it's "a 100 percent chance I'm going to Miami."

But he says he does plan to go ahead with official visits to South Carolina, South Florida and, he says, "maybe LSU."

"It's a high chance I stick with Miami," he said. "Right now that's where I see myself going."

Johnson finished last season with 20 receptions for over 700 yards and four touchdowns. He also returned two kickoffs for touchdowns, although one was called back due to penalty.

Johnson says he hears the most comparisons in his playing style to Ted Ginn.

His coach certainly agrees with that comparison.

"With the speed he does have and the capability he has to make big plays, he does remind us of a Ted Ginn," Booker T. Washington coach Tim Harris said of the 5-foot-11, 170-pounder with 4.29-second speed. "The similarities are there, but it's still a lot of work he has to put in to be a true Ted Ginn. But the speed he has and ability to make plays after the catch and what he can do on special teams is similar to Ginn. He's a kid that can come in and help them right away. That's a great pickup (for Miami). He's a great young man and gets to live out his dream at Miami.

"UM coaches got to work with him at camps (he was the overall MVP at this summer's camp), and you look at the character and kids that can be coached well and do what they've been taught that becomes a key issue, and he's a good character kid that makes plays."

Johnson's goals at Miami?

"My goal is to come in and have a chance to start at Miami," Johnson said. "I just have to learn the system."

Johnson says his final choices came down to Miami, South Carolina, South Florida and Central Florida.

"I didn't really think that strongly about any other schools except Miami because I'm from Miami," he said. "I felt comfortable with Miami, so I told coach I was ready to be a Cane."

Now Johnson says he's now working on making sure teammate Brandon Harris attends UM with him.

"I'm trying to get him to come," Johnson said. "But he probably won't decide anything until November or December."
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
22 hours ago