Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 23 - Gangs allowed to prisoners to kill people and have sex with o..
16 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Not even a fan of Rihanna but....
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chris Tucker:Ice Cube Mad Cause I Ain’t Wanna Do Friday 2, U Ain't Pay ..
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA This the chick that slid in klay Thompson DM
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-01-2007, 02:18 AM         #1801
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I know I like our secondary (Esp my n*gga Doug Wiggins, should come in as true freshman and wreck sh*t) and our D-Line is top notch.. Were getting a stacked LB class coming in next year tho.

USC transfer Joshua Tatum is still on the Miami campus and awaiting the results of a physical, according to his high school coach Alozno Carter.

Tatum, who played linebacker at McClymonds High in Oakland, Calif., redshirted his freshman year at USC while recovering from a knee injury suffered his senior year in high school. Carter said Tatum expects to receive news sometime this evening.

“He’s down there trying to get cleared,” Carter said. “He wants to be down there permanently. He’s supposed to take a physical so (Miami) can see the status of his knee.”

Carter said Miami was the first school Tatum contacted when he was granted his official release. The Hurricanes were his second choice in high school when Tatum was an All-American in 2005. Now, he’s just hoping for another opportunity. Carter said Tatum’s parents brought his airline ticket just so he could get to Coral Gables and meet the staff face-to-face.

“He wants to make the best out of the next opportunity,” Carter said. “He wants to start all over and give it a go down there and I hope it works out for him.”
 10 years ago '04        #1802
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,968 | Props total: 2776 2776
sounds like he wasnt sippin the pete carroll kool-aid
 08-01-2007, 02:32 AM         #1803
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pete recruits like NCAA.. He just tries to get as many 5 and 4 stars as possible (Not that I'm complaining it works like a bi*ch). Hes literally got the best young RB group I've seen since Miami had there trio.
 10 years ago '04        #1804
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,968 | Props total: 2776 2776
USC's running backs are pretty sick
it'll be interesting to see how many of 'em stick it out for the long haul tho
 10 years ago '05        #1805
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 RakimAllahNY said:
And like every Miami team that wins we need that supremely confident QB.
Buh-bye Kyle Wright...........:D
 10 years ago '04        #1806
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 Y2Luda said:
Buh-bye Kyle Wright...........:D
Tell me about it... this n*gga has regressed every year. I was hoping for Marve to get in sometime this season but he's out of the picture now, hopefully Freeman will outplay Wright this summer and do something.
 10 years ago '04        #1807
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
FLORIDA SPORTS BUZZ
First-year Hurricanes impress
Posted on Wed, Aug. 01, 2007
Digg it del.icio.us reprint or license print email

With practice opening Saturday, which UM freshmen from a strong recruiting class will earn playing time beyond special teams? We asked 18 returning Canes who worked out with the freshmen this summer to name the two they expect to make the biggest immediate impact.

Predictably, 14 named running back Graig Cooper in their top two. ''He's a mix between Devin Hester and Reggie Bush,'' left tackle Jason Fox said. ''Scary fast,'' offensive lineman Derrick Morse added.

Three other freshmen got multiple votes: former Delray Beach Atlantic offensive lineman Orlando Franklin and ex-Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas receiver Leonard Hankerson (seven votes each) and former Miami Pace High cornerback DeMarcus VanDyke (six).

Though he's behind senior Andrew Bain at left guard, Franklin said, ''I expect to win a starting job.'' Offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland said he will have a chance.

UM has depth at cornerback, but some players think VanDyke will break through. ''He has the most speed of the freshmen defensive backs,'' fullback Jerrell Mabry said. ``Once he learns technique, he'll be as good as any corner that comes through here.''

Several said they would have named receiver Jermaine McKenzie, but he's out with a neck injury from a car accident that also injured freshman QB Robert Marve. Now, UM players polled regard Hankerson as the most likely incoming receiver to contribute immediately (ahead of Kayne Farquharson and Daniel Adderley) .

''Hankerson has great hands, jumps to the highest point and brings it down,'' linebacker Tavares Gooden said. (Working with ex-NFL great Cris Carter at St. Thomas certainly helped.)

Meanwhile, highly touted freshman Allen Bailey, who was among the nation's top high school defensive ends, said UM coaches moved him to middle linebacker (where Darryl Sharpton is the first-teamer). Two of UM's expected 19 newcomers are awaiting clearance from the NCAA, Dallas-based running back Shawnbrey McNeal and Hialeah defensive end Adawale Ojomo.
 10 years ago '04        #1808
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
August 1, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Sean Spence bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Some have already penciled Miami Northwestern High School LB Sean Spence in as a Hurricane commitment based on some recent rumors.

But it won't be official until the 6-foot-1, 195-pounder with 4.6-second speed says it's a done deal.

And it looks like that will happen sooner rather than later.

"I'm going to commit somewhere on Friday - it'll probably be Miami," Spence said.

Spence says UNC, Alabama and USF are his other finalists.

Spence is still talking some things over with his family, but if all goes according to plan he will be on campus on Friday afternoon telling coach Randy Shannon he is the newest Hurricane.

"I spoke to coach Shannon today, set up the meeting," Spence said. "I'm going to go down there with my parents and (teammate) Jacory Harris."

Spence finished his junior season with 147 tackles, 10 for losses, with three sacks and two interceptions (one that he returned for a touchdown).

* Harris is good friends with Spence and says he would be happy to have the linebacker join him as a Cane commit.

Harris is also working another teammate, receiver Tommy Streeter, hard to get him to UM.

Harris recently joked with Streeter that if he doesn't commit to the Canes he won't get any passes heading his way this season.

"I said that - we were just joking around," Harris said.

Harris recently attended the Elite 11 and performed well.

"I came in ranked No. 10 and came out ranked No. 4," Harris said. "I was in a rhythm the whole time, was consistent, and that's what coaches like about me."
 10 years ago '04        #1809
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
August 1, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Defensive line:The front four should be solid with ends Calais Campbell and Eric Moncur along with tackles Teraz McCray, Antonio Dixon and Josh Holmes (the two starting tackles are likely to emerge from these three).

With Baraka Atkins and Kareem Brown gone, this group must gel to become a force during two-a-days in order for this defense to match its impressive 2006 showing. The depth here is helped by youngsters like Holmes and end Steven Wesley, who have gotten raves from coaches. Also battling to get into the rotation are tackles Dwayne Hendricks, Chaz Washington, Joe Joseph and Luqman Abdallah and ends Courtney Harris (a frontrunner to be a primary backup at one of the end spots) and Vegas Franklin.

Linebacker: This is going to be the most interesting area of the defense to watch in terms of how things shake out. There are numerous playmakers here who can play different linebacker spots, and coaches have to figure out which players are the best three. That's a big unknown at this time, but the CaneSport.com staff feels that Colin McCarthy and Darryl Sharpton are stars in the making. Tavares Gooden has also shown he's a solid playmaker when healthy, and Glenn Cook knows the entire defense inside and out, which makes him a commodity coaches want to have on the field. Factor in Spencer Adkins, who is one of the strongest Hurricanes, and incoming athletic freak Allen Bailey, and this is a well-stocked position.

Defensive back: Glenn Sharpe appears to have one of the cornerback spots locked down, which means there will be big-time competition on the other side between Randy Phillips, Bruce Johnson, Carlos Armour and Chavez Grant. Phillips is the most physical of the cornerbacks, and Armour is also a bigger, more physical type while Johnson and Grant have shown good one-on-one cover skills. Whichever doesn't emerge as the starter can also play in nickel packages. And freshmen Doug Wiggins and Demarcus VanDyke will also look to work in for nickel and dime situations. At safety Kenny Phillips and Lovon Ponder appear fairly safe as the starters with Anthony Redd*ck gone with a season-ending injury. The depth at safety is unproven with Willie Cooper, Tervaris Johnson and freshman Joseph Nicolas battling to get into the two-deep. Damien Berry and Jared Campbell also hope to get playing time as true freshmen.
 10 years ago '04        #1810
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
August 1, 2007

Related Links:
Benjamin Jones bio

Miami Northwestern High School DE Benjamin Jones has watched four of his teammates commit to the Hurricanes.

And he admits that has an affect on him.

"I'm good friends with all of them," Jones said. "All of us would like to stay together and go to the same school. They want me to commit too, since they all committed. I just tell them `When it's time.'

"I do want to play with my teammates at the next level. We already know each other."

But Jones also wants to give other schools a fair shake.

He lists a top two of Miami and Ohio State with LSU a not-too-distant third.

"All three have great programs," Jones said. "I'm familiar with all three schools and I talk to the coaches a lot. They keep me informed about everything going on up there."

Cane DL coach Clint Hurtt is recruiting Jones.

"He says they're interested in me, want me to come down there and to stay in touch with them," Jones said.

Jones says he last spoke with Hurtt a month ago.

He talks more frequently with the Ohio State coaches.

"I stay real close with them, talk to them every few days," Jones said. "They text me to call, and I call them back, stuff like that."

He says Ohio State is recruiting him as a defensive tackle while UM and LSU want him at defensive end.

"I'm versatile, can play anything on the line," Jones said. "It doesn't matter to me what I play."

Jones says he will make a final decision after he takes official visits to each school.

What does he want to see on the visits?

"The chemistry the coaches have with the players, their surroundings," he said.
 10 years ago '04        #1811
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
That whole entire bulls team is finna go to UM, watch. And bet they'll win a NC by the time they graduate.
 08-01-2007, 10:37 PM         #1812
feardafoot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Speaking as a member of the triangle in NC. (UNC, NCSU, DUKE,) I can honestly look back and say its not a talent fall off, def not a coaching let down. The reason for Miami's slide over the past few years is simply the ACC. It's bye bye, Pitt and hello GT and Clemson. Yall are in for a constant struggle from now on to win the ACC. Tell the fans you can't stay home anymore, you gotta come out and support the canes every game. Yall need em. Last year yalls average home attendance was 45,000. The Orange bowl holds almost 90,000. Instead of 1 or maybe 2 big games at home every year, yall will have 3 to 4 every year now. Should have said it three years ago but, "Welcome to the ACC"
 10 years ago '04        #1813
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,839 | Props total: 4101 4101
 feardafoot said:
Speaking as a member of the triangle in NC. (UNC, NCSU, DUKE,) I can honestly look back and say its not a talent fall off, def not a coaching let down. The reason for Miami's slide over the past few years is simply the ACC. It's bye bye, Pitt and hello GT and Clemson. Yall are in for a constant struggle from now on to win the ACC. Tell the fans you can't stay home anymore, you gotta come out and support the canes every game. Yall need em. Last year yalls average home attendance was 45,000. The Orange bowl holds almost 90,000. Instead of 1 or maybe 2 big games at home every year, yall will have 3 to 4 every year now. Should have said it three years ago but, "Welcome to the ACC"
trust me it was definetly the coaching...i mean come on..even with our worst team in the last 25 years or so the only team to just straight up whip us last year didnt even play in the ACC and it was Louisville...and they didnt even really get going until the second half.

Our play calling has been atrocious...
Our Lame duck Head Coach provided nothing to the team except uncertainty

just by firing Coker we are already a better team
 10 years ago '04        #1814
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,839 | Props total: 4101 4101
Commitment likely coming Soon for UM

[pic - click to view]

Some have already penciled Miami Northwestern High School LB Sean Spence in as a Hurricane commitment based on some recent rumors.

But it won't be official until the 6-foot-1, 195-pounder with 4.6-second speed says it's a done deal.

And it looks like that will happen sooner rather than later.

"I'm going to commit somewhere on Friday - it'll probably be Miami," Spence said.

Spence says UNC, Alabama and USF are his other finalists.

Spence is still talking some things over with his family, but if all goes according to plan he will be on campus on Friday afternoon telling coach Randy Shannon he is the newest Hurricane.

"I spoke to coach Shannon today, set up the meeting," Spence said. "I'm going to go down there with my parents and (teammate) Jacory Harris."

Spence finished his junior season with 147 tackles, 10 for losses, with three sacks and two interceptions (one that he returned for a touchdown).

* Harris is good friends with Spence and says he would be happy to have the linebacker join him as a Cane commit.

Harris is also working another teammate, receiver Tommy Streeter, hard to get him to UM.

Harris recently joked with Streeter that if he doesn't commit to the Canes he won't get any passes heading his way this season.

"I said that - we were just joking around," Harris said.

Harris recently attended the Elite 11 and performed well.

"I came in ranked No. 10 and came out ranked No. 4," Harris said. "I was in a rhythm the whole time, was consistent, and that's what coaches like about me."
 08-02-2007, 12:18 PM         #1815
feardafoot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
trust me it was definetly the coaching...i mean come on..even with our worst team in the last 25 years or so the only team to just straight up whip us last year didnt even play in the ACC and it was Louisville...and they didnt even really get going until the second half.

Our play calling has been atrocious...
Our Lame duck Head Coach provided nothing to the team except uncertainty

just by firing Coker we are already a better team
you know your team better than i do. Competition has definately elevated though.
 08-02-2007, 03:07 PM         #1816
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
August 2, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Karnell Hatcher bioVideo highlights

Delray Beach (FL) Atlantic Community safety Karnell Hatcher took an unofficial visit to Miami's campus yesterday and says "I was just amazed. Most colleges don't bond like they do. They have a family there. I was just blown away by that."

He says the visit "helped them very much."

He lists Miami and LSU as his frontrunners with three other schools he's still trying to find that will round out his final top five.

"It's a nice, nice, nice chance I'll wind up at Miami," Hatcher said.

But he says he won't make a final choice until signing day.

He says Cane coaches didn't pressure him on the visit.

"They talked to me about all the academic things, all the tutors, how much attention I would get," Hatcher said. "They showed me around the football facilities. I talked to the DB coach, coach (Wesley) McGriff, coach (Tim) Walton. The questions I asked they gave me great feedback. I talked to my recruiter, (Jeff) Stoutland, who was telling me a lot of good things.

"I talked to a lot of players, talked to Orlando Franklin, my former teammate, Demarcus VanDyke was telling me good things about the program."

Before departing UM, Hatcher met with coach Randy Shannon.

"He was just telling me about their needs at that position, the history of that position, how important that position is to them," Hatcher said. "He was telling me what type of part I would play in their run to the championship."

Hatcher said he wanted to take the visit because "I just wanted to learn a little more about the school and see where they stand with me."

Last season Hatcher finished with 67 tackles, two interceptions, five forced fumbles and a blocked field goal.
 08-02-2007, 03:09 PM         #1817
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
August 2, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

The CaneSport.com staff ranks the top 10 first-year Canes likely to make an immediate impact:

1 No surprise here. Graig Cooper gets the top spot as most likely to make an impact as a newcomer simply because of the dazzling ability he showed when healthy this spring. Cooper has playmaker written all over him, and coaches will no doubt try to get the ball in his hands often throughout the season as a tailback, receiver and returner. Cooper could make a big difference on offense right away.

2 With a thin wide receiver position, Leonard Hankerson is primed for immediate playing time. Players point to him as the fastest of the incoming receivers, and he is likely to see a decent amount of playing time off the bench this season a.ssuming he shows coaches he has a working knowledge of the playbook. He's gotten rave reviews in summer workouts.

3 Orlando Franklin is more advanced than your typical true freshman because he spent last summer on campus before being flagged by the NCAA Clearinghouse. He got a taste of what UM football was all about and spent the last year working hard. He's in the best shape of his life and will likely emerge on the two-deep at one of the offensive guard spots. He should provide much-needed depth on the line.

4 Doug Wiggins is listed highly simply because he arrived in January and participated in spring ball. What he learned in the last several months will give him a big leg up on the other freshmen. Look for him to fill a role much like what Chavez Grant did a year ago as the nickel cornerback. Wiggins' speed needs some work, but if his technique is up to par he can be an a.sset for the defense. Wiggins will also get a look as a return man.

5 Demarcus VanDyke will compete with Wiggins for time in the nickel and could also play dime. He showed this summer that he's ready for immediate action, with excellent cover corner skills. The CaneSport.com staff does not think VanDyke winds up redshirting, and he can also be an a.sset on special teams.

6 With Anthony Redd*ck out for the year, the safety depth is thin. And Joseph Nicolas just might be an answer in the two-deep. He will compete with Willie Cooper and Tervaris Johnson to show he belongs on the field behind Kenny Phillips and Lovon Ponder as a true freshman.

7 Looking at Allen Bailey, it's hard to believe he's just a true freshman. He's built like a truck, and he's got excellent speed for his size. While the depth chart at linebacker isn't in his favor, Randy Shannon and Tim Walton will play the best players. And it's just possible Bailey will show he belongs on the two-deep.

8 This self-proclaimed "Mouth of the South" and "Living legend" will try to live up to his words. Kayne Farquharson has shown some nice flashes in 7-on-7's but is still working to pick up the nuances of route running. With UM's thin wide receiver depth chart, this junior college transfer will be given every opportunity to show he belongs on the two-deep.

I told yall n*gga Leonard coming to stomp n*gga's out. Hes the next great in line of Andre and Reggie and Moss and Irvin and Thomas and it goes on and on. And my n*gga Wiggins is going to team up with DVD to lock n*gga's down.. DAMN I CANT WAIT FOR THE SEASON
 08-02-2007, 03:09 PM         #1818
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
August 2, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

It was touch and go academically for Cane running back signee Shawnbrey McNeal much of this summer.

But now he's good to go.

He was one of the first Hurricanes to report early this morning.

The rest of the freshmen signees are also expected to officially report today with the likely exception of Adewale Ojomo, who said he is waiting on paperwork to make it through the NCAA Clearinghouse.

McNeal will try to compete for immediate playing time at tailback and could also factor in as a returner this season.

McNeal, out of Dallas (TX) Madison High School, decommitted from Texas A&M to Miami last recruiting season.

He had offers from numerous programs, including Florida, Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State and Ole Miss.

He told CaneSport.com after his senior year that he hears comparisons in his playing style to NFL great Walter Payton.

"I hear that a lot around here," McNeal said.

His coach has a different name.

"Ladainian Tomlinson," Dallas (TX) Madison coach Ron Johnson said. "He's kind of got the Tomlinson style. He has the quick feet, gets in the hole and it looks like it's closed and within seconds he's outside and down the field. He catches the ball great. We throw it to him a lot with the bubble screen. He catches it and gets upfield well."

McNeal finished his senior season with 139 carries for 1,441 yards and 20 touchdowns. His longest scoring run was an 85-yarder. He also had three touchdown receptions out of the backfield.

As a junior he gained 1,556 yards and ran for 22 touchdowns.

:applause: :applause: :applause: LT LT LT LT LT
 08-03-2007, 03:08 PM         #1819
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AND ANOTHER ONE

[pic - click to view]

August 3, 2007

Related Links:
Sean Spence bioVideo highlights

Two days ago Miami Northwestern LB [db]Sean Spence[/db] called Hurricane coach Randy Shannon and set up a meeting for this afternoon.

And when they got together Spence had good news for the coach: He will be part of the 2008 recruiting class.

"I like the great tradition they have, the players they have going to the league, the academic program," said Spence, who first received a Cane offer last year after earning the Linebacker MVP Award at Larry Coker's summer camp. "It feels like home going to down there."

It also didn't hurt that he has several teammates that have already committed to the Canes, including close friend Jacory Harris.

"They were asking me when I was going to pull the trigger, what I'm waiting on," Spence said. "I told them there's a right time for everything."

That right time was now.

Spence says coaches Tim Walton and Clint Hurtt deserve a lot of credit for how they recruited him.

"They weren't putting on an act, were telling me what I can bring to the table, what I can bring to their program," Spence said. "They're real cool guys."

Spence said, based on what he's heard, that he expects to play middle linebacker at Miami.

But what spot he plays is far from his mind.

He's thinking more about the bigger picture.

"My first goal is to graduate with a college degree, and my second goal would be to win the national championship and go to the NFL," he said.

The 6-foot-1, 195-pounder with 4.6-second speed chose Miami over UNC, Alabama and USF.

He finished his junior season with 147 tackles, 10 for losses, with three sacks and two interceptions (one that he returned for a touchdown).

Spence plans to graduate early and enroll at Miami in December.
 10 years ago '04        #1820
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
ugust 3, 2007

CaneSport TV

CANESPORT TV: Kyle Wright chats with the media

CANESPORT TV: Kirby Freeman chats with the media

Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman are saying all the right things.

After eight months of silence on the orders of Hurricane coach Randy Shannon, both quarterbacks spoke to the media today.

"It's been a while since Kyle and I have got to talk to you guys," Freeman said as an opening statement to an a.ssembled group of about 20 media members. "Kyle and I are doing great. Our relationship is fantastic, always has been through our ups and downs on the field and off. We've always had a great relationship."

He later added, "There's not a controversy at all, because we're doing all it takes to win games."

Wright also said things are rosy between he and Freeman despite the looming battle.

"Kirby and I get along just fine on and off the field," Wright said. "Competition is competition. Kirby and I have been friends since we got here, and that's the way it's going to stay."

The quarterbacks' bottom-line message?

"I've always approached every day that you have to go prove you're the best player," Wright said. "That shouldn't matter if you're a three or four year starter or a first-year starter. You have to prove to your teammates you're the best guy for the job. The past years Kirby's always pushed me and vice versa, so I don't think that's going to change."

Freeman added, "I feel confident in myself, and my teammates feel confident in me. I'm going to do the best I can to win football games. Coach Shannon's gong to put in whatever quarterback he thinks will win games. If he needs to play both of us he'll play both of us. And during the course of the season (he'll probably do that)."

Both quarterbacks, of course, hope to emerge as the starter.

Shannon reiterated today that he won't name a starter until the Tuesday before the opening game against Marshall.

"It's all about the U, it's not about me, not about a quarterback controversy," Freeman said. "We're out to win football games. Coach Shannon has definitely implemented good leadership, all these great things."

"I'm very confident in myself," Wright added. "I think we're going to have a great year. I'm a team guy, so whatever's best for the team (I'll do). I'll try to separate me from Day 1 until the Tuesday that coach Shannon announces (a starter)."

Until a starter is named both quarterbacks will split first team reps in practices and scrimmages.

Both quarterbacks say they've improved in the off-season.

"In my head I just try to get better," Freeman said. "I'm just trying to do whatever it takes, whatever this team needs me to do to win games. The things I've tried to do in the off-season is simply try to make myself better. Yeah, I can make plays on my feet, but at the same time you can't have turnovers or you're not going to win football games. If I'm called upon I can promise you I'll be ready."

For his part, Wright said, "When you look at yourself, go through as many things as myself and this team has been through, you grow in so many ways you don't even realize (it), mentally and physically."

The quarterbacks want to make the offense a point-scoring machine for the first time in the last several years.

"We don't want to rely on our defense," Freeman said. "We want to be a team."

This will be Wright's last chance to make a memorable impact at Miami.

Freeman has another year left after this season.

"I have six months left," Wright said. "What coach Shannon has done a great job of is we can't worry about what happened in the past. The only thing we can control is this day, this season."

* Wright says he's over his hand injury that cost him the end of last year.

"I felt great all summer," he said.aa
Home      

most viewed right now
Dat booty...prime grade
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If she fit i'm fit
45 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Reminder Black Friday Starts Now at Walmart.com
93 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Old EA F*cks on Wall Street Claim claim gamers overreacted, and should pay MOR..
39 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
DJ Akademiks spoke to OVO 40 for 4 hours; 40 declined beats for Jay-Z; Drake/W..
122 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chicago Rappers Flip Gang Set once in Jail? BossTop Flips Bd to GD and ..
59 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kanter wanna go back to Okc
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Nov 22 - Death Date Announced For The Internet
205 comments
1 day ago