Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Last Tango in Paris’ Rape Scene Was Not Consensual, Director Bernardo ..
63 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
OT Have you noticed when athletes drink alcohol after a c..
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - America Today, In Cartoons...
50 comments
@news
most viewed right now
LIVENATION cancels Jeremih from the rest of his touring...
56 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1781
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 Cap Peeler said:
Yup. I think he calls himself G-Reg or something like that That boy G
 9 years ago '06        #1782
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,571 | Props total: 11953 11953
 C.R.I.P. said:
word is we might have 3 commits tommorow come public.

pretty big names.

but we'll see...these type of things rarely work out
a. johnson did say he would be commited by the end of the week

:rasta:
 07-04-2007, 10:00 PM         #1783
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Johnson and two 4 star OLB.. But don't take it to the bank, its just rumors
 9 years ago '05        #1784
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
 madness said:
was he? i know tavares gooden was on there
yea g-reg = olsen
next dude big beast = beason
last dude didnt catch his name = meriweather

but i wouldnt bet my life on beason and meriweather thats according to some kid on you tube

07-05-2007, 06:16 PM         #1785
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Heres one of those OLB.. CHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

July 5, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Ramon Buchanon bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

When Melbourne (FL) Palm Bay High School LB Ramon Buchanon decided he wanted to become a Hurricane two days ago, he picked up his cell phone.

But he didn't make a call.

He sent a text message.

"I texted coach (Michael) Barrow that I was committing," Buchanon said. "He texted back like, `I'm about to jump out of my car.'"

Buchanon called Barrow later that night.

"He was excited," the 6-foot-1, 195-pounder said. "I wanted to go there because they have my major and I like their coaches. Coach Barrow, he's real cool."

Buchanon, who attended Miami's spring game unofficially, says he could play strong safety at the next level but that he's being recruited as a linebacker.

He lists over 15 offers, including the likes of USC, Florida and LSU.

He says those three schools will all get official visits from him as well as UM and Wake Forest.

Asked the chances he will stick by Miami in the end, he answers honestly: "I'm not sure. I'll know for sure after my visits."

Palm Bay has been a pipeline for UF in the past, and with his UM commitment Buchanon says "it's kind of tough – there's a lot of Florida fans around."

He says the commitment only "takes a little bit of weight off my shoulders."

As a junior Buchanon finished with over 100 tackles and 10 sacks.

He says he hears the most comparisons in his play to Reggie Nelson, who chose Florida out of Palm Bay.
 9 years ago '06        #1786
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
^^^^^^

roninson and spence better be next !!

9 years ago '04        #1787
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
July 05, 2007
Mining For Diamonds
Been dying to see Eddie Rios in action for nearly three years now, ever since I first heard of the South Florida prep superstar back in 2004. My curiosity prompted me to check out the Pharmed Summer league on Tuesday night.

While I was there to see Rios - the Hurricanes incoming freshman who had a so-so showing in his team's disappointing overtime loss - I left thoroughly impressed with another Miami newcomer because California JUCO transfer Lance Hurdle was BALLIN!

Hurdle's Red team, which also features senior forward Raymond Hicks, beat James Dews and Adrian Thomas' Black squad 91-81 thanks to Hurdle's eight 3-pointers. That's right, EIGHT. While I must admit he was hot that night, his jumper had great arc on it, which makes me think it wasn't much of a fluke that he was draining them from NBA range.

Hurdle, who UM learned has a 43-inch vertical when he arrived on campus, also caught an alley-oop from half-court and jammed it down with authority. What really intrigues me is that I didn't get to see him do what he supposedly does best, which is attack the basket (summer league games are about shooting jumpers because no one wants to get hurt).

His new teammates Jack McClinton and Anthony King where there to watch him drop 33 points on a team that features Dews, Thomas, two FIU players, four BCC guys and three Lynn University players. And just like the small crowd, Hurdle's play made McClinton and King leave their seats a couple of times. I must admit, I was on my feet on a few occasions myself.

Hurdle's game served as yet an another example to me that Frank Haith knows how to find himself some gems. That's why I have to believe there's some master plan he has brewing with the two big man pickups Haith landed this week.

Landing a commitment from California stud Tyreese Breshers (CLICK HERE FOR THE STORY) is the first major flexing of the recruiting rep Haith came to Miami with. This undersized power forward, who is often compared to Charles Barkley and former Boston College standout Craig Smith, is coming a looooong way to be a Hurricane, and he admitted Haith has a lot to do with him pledging to make that cross-continent trek.

As for the addition of Cyrus McGowan, who will transfer from Arkansas to UM (CLICK HERE FOR STORY) , seems to be a quick fix for the departure of senior forward Anthony King, who will get another shot at his senior season this year. McGowan did little at Arkansas, but he comes in with some stellar prep credentials. Better than any a UM post player has entered the program with since Elton Tyler. Now, can Haith and his staff use this season to polish him up for 2008-09, which in my mind is the year the Hurricanes make a push for hoops prominence?

Speaking of polishing up, maybe I caught Rios on an off night, but based on what I saw Tuesday night his game needs some spit shining if he's going to be a major contributor immediately. His shot was totally off, and he wasn't afraid to keep jacking them up. The bottom line was he was trying to do too much. But Rios did made some very nice passes that made you see the potential. Is he further along than Denis Clemente was as a freshman? I have to believe so because U could see he had great rotation on his shots (Clemente's shot was flat), and he can effectively get to the basket, and has the body to handle contact and finish.

But as of right now I'm banking on a backcourt of McClinton and Hurdle, with Dews (who dropped 22 in the game and showed off a nice jumper) being the first guard off the bench.

I plan to give Rios a do-over, watching him compete again against college competition in some more Pharmed League games - which are played at Florida International each Monday and Wednesday night (admission is free). I must admit, I also want to see if Hurdle can repeat Tuesday night's performance, or at least come close. If he can UM might be ready to turn the corner this season.

If U have the opportunity I'd recommend checking out the six UM guys playing too. It's a great fix for hoops junkies like myself, and a pretty good training ground for young players.

Deuces.
 9 years ago '07        #1788
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,903 | Props total: 65 65
at Greg Olsen rapping

He any good?
 9 years ago '04        #1789
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 sonof504 said:
at Greg Olsen rapping

He any good?

I think he had the best lines, it's something like this :

What's your name ?

G-Reg

What you do?

Get head

How you do it?

Drop my drawers and let her see me third leg

Chillin on the 7th floor

I gotta let these chickens know

Big Greg is in the house

And I finna make these hoes choke

On my balls, on my d*ck

Then I bust a nut quick

On her face, on her chest

Stick my d*ck between her brea$ts

Come on fellas lets get weird

Stick your d*ck up in her ear

While I’m laughin’ at these guys

A second nut all in her eyes

Wait a minute, in her eyes?

In her eye

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 07-07-2007 at 12:47 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #1790
sonof504 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,903 | Props total: 65 65

wow
 9 years ago '06        #1791
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
damn i was hoping on some good news on some commits

* passes out *
 07-07-2007, 02:04 AM         #1792
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 6, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

July 4 was Independence Day ... for the Miami Hurricane offense.

The offense broke free for numerous big plays in the second 7-on-7 session of the summer, held the morning of July 4.

Marve set off a wild celebration with a picture-perfect TD pass to Jermaine McKenzie
"That was real exciting," offensive lineman Chris Rutledge said. "We were out there doing (individual line) drills and we kept hearing the offense getting excited over in 7-on-7's. So we decided once they scored again we were going to run over there and make a big ruckus, make it fun."

Before long the entire team had gathered around the practice field, offense on one side and defense on the other. They cheered and celebrated big plays on both sides.

Most of those plays came from the offense.

The biggest celebrations came during two-minute drills at the end of the day's work. In six attempts to drive 50 yards for a touchdown, the offense came away with four touchdowns.

Two of those were scoring passes from Kirby Freeman to Lance Leggett; another came from Kyle Wright to Darnell Jenkins; and the final touchdown came from true freshman Robert Marve to fellow freshman Jermaine McKenzie.

"That was exciting," offensive lineman Jason Fox said. "Especially with all these freshmen coming in – the receivers, the linemen, Marve – it brings a lot of excitement when you see young guys coming like that and showing they probably can contribute right away. I can't wait to see what happens."

Rutledge added, "It was nice to see our offense moving and scoring, kind of doing it with ease. That says a lot about how our offense is coming along, especially with the young receivers. This is the most excited I've ever been at a practice.

"Watching Lance, Sam (Shields), Ryan (Hill), Khalil (Jones), George Robinson, the younger guys – they're all stepping up."

Freshman Graig Cooper says the touchdowns are an indication that Patrick Nix's new offense is kicking into high gear.

"It's our new offense, everybody learning it," Cooper said. "We're watching film, everything."

Offensive players posed in the end zone for mock photos after the touchdowns.

"We kind of just spiced it up a little bit," freshman OL Orlando Franklin said. "When we made a big play we'd all run on the field. We were just trying to have fun, celebrate if we do something good."

Fox says it was the most fun he can remember having at an official or unofficial practice at UM.

"That practice was a blast, that was probably the most fun I've ever had in a workout here," Fox said. "Everybody was relaxed but still getting work done, and that's important. That's the mood coach (Randy) Shannon and coach (Andreu) Swasey bring to this team – work hard and get your work done, but you're also out here to have fun."

The offense did have a slight jump on the defense: The offense prepared for 7-on-7's by holding six sessions by themselves with no defense present before the first "official" 7-on-7 with the defense on the field.

It certainly paid off.

"They got off, I'm not going to lie – the offense did their thing," cornerback Bruce Johnson said. "They're coming together and they're working as one together. I know we have to tighten up on defense. We'll be alright."

* Players say Darnell Jenkins is in the best shape of his life and is making play after play in practices. Players also mentioned McKenzie as the freshman receiver who so far has made the biggest impact.

They also say Marve has impressed with his precise passes and strong arm. One of his passes landed so hard in freshman receiver Leonard Hankerson's chest that players swear the thud could be heard around all corners of Greentree Practice Field.
 07-07-2007, 02:06 AM         #1793
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 5, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Aldarius Johnson bioVideo highlights

Miami Northwestern product Aldarius Johnson had planned to announce a commitment by now.

But those plans are on hold.

"I haven't committed anywhere yet and I have no time line for doing it," he said.

The holdup?

"I talked with my folks and they said not to rush and do it," he said.

Johnson lists his three frontrunners as Miami, Florida and LSU. He says coaches from those schools are the only coaches he speaks with.

He says the Canes now have "a little bit of a lead."

He previously listed them as a runaway frontrunner.

Johnson last spoke with UM coaches on Tuesday.

"We talked about me coming down there for a visit," he said. "I'll do that when school comes back in during the season."

Johnson still doesn't expect to wait too long before making a final decision.

"Probably before I go back to school," he said.

All the while a couple of teammates and Cane commitments will be in his ear: Jacory Harris and Brandon Washington.

"Jacory, he told me to come play with him," Johnson said. "I told him I'll think about it.

"Brandon, he said that's where he's going and I should go there also."

At 6-foot-3 and 195 pounds, he's earned comparisons to a young Calvin Johnson.

This Johnson caught 78 passes for 1,354 yards and 19 touchdowns during the 2006 season, leading Northwestern to a perfect 16-0 record and the Florida Class 6A championship.
 9 years ago '06        #1794
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

OHHHHHHHHHHHH SHYT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

four start LB buck !!!!!!

barrow is not playing no games !!!!

hes even taking LB from up north !!!!!

and hes gonna take mccray from gator county too

:wow:

Last edited by DEDOS; 07-07-2007 at 10:00 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #1795
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,788 | Props total: 1385 1385
 P. Dedos said:

OHHHHHHHHHHHH SHYT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

four start LB buck !!!!!!

barrow is not playing no games !!!!

hes even taking LB from up north !!!!!

and hes gonna take mccray from gator county too

:wow:

thats the ramoan buchanon kid....look up towards the top of the page you'll find the story

and Go Canes
 9 years ago '04        #1796
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
DUnno if it's been posted already but here you go Dedos

uly 5, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Ramon Buchanon bioVideo highlights

When Melbourne (FL) Palm Bay High School LB Ramon Buchanon decided he wanted to become a Hurricane two days ago, he picked up his cell phone.

But he didn't make a call.

He sent a text message.

"I texted coach (Michael) Barrow that I was committing," Buchanon said. "He texted back like, `I'm about to jump out of my car.'"

Buchanon called Barrow later that night.

"He was excited," the 6-foot-1, 195-pounder said. "I wanted to go there because they have my major and I like their coaches. Coach Barrow, he's real cool."

Buchanon, who attended Miami's spring game unofficially, says he could play strong safety at the next level but that he's being recruited as a linebacker.

He lists over 15 offers, including the likes of USC, Florida and LSU.

He says those three schools will all get official visits from him as well as UM and Wake Forest.

Asked the chances he will stick by Miami in the end, he answers honestly: "I'm not sure. I'll know for sure after my visits."

Palm Bay has been a pipeline for UF in the past, and with his UM commitment Buchanon says "it's kind of tough – there's a lot of Florida fans around."

He says the commitment only "takes a little bit of weight off my shoulders."

As a junior Buchanon finished with over 100 tackles and 10 sacks.

He says he hears the most comparisons in his play to Reggie Nelson, who chose Florida out of Palm Bay.
 9 years ago '04        #1797
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,788 | Props total: 1385 1385
Another Commitment: This One Solid

[pic - click to view]

Dunnellon (FL) High School LB Lerentee McCray committed to the Hurricanes last night.

"I committed to coach (Michael) Barrow," McCray said. "He was pretty excited. He said I was the first overall player that he ever recruited."

McCray said he decided to commit now because "In my heart I felt this is where I needed to be, in Miami."

He says it came down to Florida and Miami in the end.

"Those were my top two choices," McCray said. "It was kind of a tough decision, but when it came down to it I felt Miami was the place I needed to be in my heart."

McCray says he's going to take "a couple of more visits to see things. Right now I'm pretty solid, though. I just want to see what other schools are looking like."

McCray says he plans to visit Southern Cal, Tennessee, Auburn and Wisconsin.

"There's a chance I may change my mind, but right now it's Miami," McCray said.

He says it's a 70 percent chance he sticks with the Canes in the end.

"It's exciting to have made a decision," he says. "All I have to think about is my senior season."

McCray has built up a strong relationship with Barrow, making his decision easier.

"I talk to him about every other day," McCray said. "We just talk about the whole recruiting process and everything going on."

The 6-foot-2, 200-pounder with 4.5-second speed first got a Cane offer in March.

"I was real excited to get that," he said. "It was kind of like a dream come true."

Last year McCray had 102 tackles with 12 sacks and an interception. He also played tailback and fullback and had three touchdowns.

He is being recruited as an outside linebacker.

He says his goals at Miami are "to become an All-American. I'm going to try to start my freshman year, that's one of my biggest goals."
 9 years ago '04        #1798
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
kids a fu*kin geek, only a fu*kin str8 up loser would get gifs on demand, you our fu*kin slave boy, get our gifs or get the fu*k outta here
i remember this sh*t, it was great cold blooded
 07-07-2007, 10:16 PM         #1799
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We want to lock down these kids? We gotta win on TV.. First four games are on TV..
 07-07-2007, 10:59 PM         #1800
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Some tidbits from today’s 7 on 7 action:

The offense continued to do very well, and Kirby Freeman, Kyle Wright and Robert Marve were lighting up the defense.

Leonard Hankerson had the play of the day, leaping over a defender to catch a 20-yard touchdown pass in the corner of the end zone.

Graig Cooper had a TD on a nice catch-and-run coming out of the backfield.

Jermaine McKenzie had another touchdown but in 1-on-1’s Demarcus VanDyke shut him down.

Randy Phillips did well.

Kirby Freeman was intercepted twice, but it was because receivers ran the wrong route
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
138 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
58 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you could have a threesome with 2...who would u pick?
126 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
176 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
105 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
351 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Guardians of The Galaxy trailer #2
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy