Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
73 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He got three girlfriends, could you handle that?
87 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uruguay has been hit by the Instathot nation
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-01-2007, 07:52 PM         #1761
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 1, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

H-back Chris Zellner thought he would be a big part of the offense last year.

Due to injury he never got untracked. He finished with eight catches for 31 yards.

But now he's hoping to make up for lost time.

Zellner says he's 100 percent healthy and is ready for a big 2007 season.

"I'll be playing a little H-back and some tight end this year," Zellner said. "We're also using a fullback (Jerrell Mabry), so it's a little different this year.

"I'll be all over as an H-back. It'll be a little receiver, fullback, just everywhere. It's going to be fun."

Of missing time last year, Zellner said, "It was disappointing. I just got started, then got injured. This year I'm healthy, excited about the offense. I think we're going to surprise a lot of people."

Many pointed to Zellner as a secret weapon entering last season.

Is he a double-secret weapon now this year?

"Well, I think we have a lot of secret weapons," Zellner said. "I just have to do my role. We have a lot of talent on this team this year. I think people are going to be really happy about the team this year."

What are some reasons fans should be excited about an offense that, for the last few seasons, hasn't gotten untracked?

"This year we have a little more leadership, and our new offensive coaches believe in us," Zellner said. "There's things they teach us to do, and the new playbook that we run just shows us that they believe in us, have faith in us. All we have to do is go out there and execute.

"I think the whole offense is now on board. We're tired of just letting our defense win the game for us. We want to make plays, too. We want to score touchdowns. This year I think a lot more people are more confident about their skills and the coaches. We're just going to go out there and show people."

The tight end position lost Greg Olsen.

With a new coordinator, how big a role will the tight end play in the offense?

"I think it's going to be a very big role in the offense," Zellner said. "We did lose Greg, but we have a lot of young talent in Dedrick Epps, Dajleon Farr. We've also got Richard Gordon coming back over (from defensive line). We don't have that much experience, but with the ability we all possess we can do a lot of things and surprise a lot of people. It's kind of like we're taking them by surprise. We're not big names. We're just hard workers, and we're going to get the job done.

"We're all going to play. We all compete. So every week, whoever competes the best will play. It's going to be fun. If Dajleon beats me out that week, then he's going to play. That's what it's about. Last year you knew Greg was going to play, and you hoped to get time. This year if you don't play, it's kind of your fault because you didn't do it in practice."

Zellner says he doesn't expect there to be a single "go-to" player at tight end.

"We're all go-to guys," he said. "You could put any of us in there and we can make a play. There's not one star. I really believe in this offense we all can shine. Coach can just look back and say, `One of you all get in,' and we're going to make the play."

* Of the team morale compared to last year, Zellner said, "So far it's up. We just really feel we're a better team than last year. The new coaching staff, coach Shannon just really inspires us to know we're a great team, a top three team in college this year. I really feel that. I feel there's no team out there we can't play with. Last year we were down most of the year. We didn't really like the plays, had a lot of injuries plague us, had a loss of a teammate. This year we're all getting healthy, are coming together as a team, are all joking and laughing. We're all together. It's not the defense is defense and the offense is offense. We can all go out and have a good time. We all believe in each other this year, and that's the biggest thing that's changed. We all believe in each other."
 07-01-2007, 07:52 PM         #1762
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 30, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
David Blackwell bio

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Ft. Lauderdale (FL) Cardinal Gibbons High School athlete David Blackwell has received several recruiting letters from Miami and has talked with Cane coaches.

"They were saying that they're interested in me and they'll keep in touch," the 6-foot-3, 200-pounder with 4.5-second speed said. "I'm being recruited as an athlete/receiver – I could also play safety. I think I'll wind up playing quarterback or receiver, but some want me at safety."

Blackwell lists offers from Arkansas, Ole Miss and LSU among others.

He's still waiting on a Miami offer.

"I just like all the Florida schools," he said, adding "I really like Miami - that's one of the top schools I like."

Last season Blackwell threw for over 800 yards and rushed for more than 600 yards. He also threw seven touchdown passes and had 11 rushing touchdowns.

"I played some receiver also, had five touchdown catches," he said.

What does Blackwell want in a college?

"A good business program," he said. "And, in football, I want a program that can send me to the next level."

Blackwell said the earliest he will make a final college decision is after his senior season begins.
 07-02-2007, 02:19 AM         #1763
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 2, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Adewale Ojomo bioFlashback: Marve's work ethic

Hialeah (Fla.) High School DL and Hurricane signee Adewale Ojomo says its now too late for him to enroll for UM's second summer session with the rest of the incoming freshman class (minus Shawnbrey McNeal, who is not yet qualified for admission at UM).

"I'll have to wait until August because I've already missed a week of summer school," Ojomo said.

Ojomo says only paperwork is holding up his acceptance to UM. He recently received a qualifying mark on the ACT and had his final transcripts sent in.

Because Ojomo is a signee, he is allowed to work out at Miami.

And he's taking advantage of that.

"It's going well," Ojomo said. "I'm getting ahead. I'm doing the weight room, conditioning. It's vigorous. We had the stairs and sand pit, things like that.

"I work out with Chris Perry, Joseph Nicolas, Robert Mave, Demarcus VanDyke."

And Ojomo says Marve's reputation for being a hard worker is no exaggeration.

"It's no joke," Ojomo said. "He's the first one there and the last one to leave. We're supposed to be there at 11 o'clock, and he's there at 10:45 already dressed and stretching, lifting. He's still there at 7 o'clock at night - I see him still there, in the film room, working hard. I'll see him throwing a football. He's just a real hard worker."
 07-02-2007, 02:20 AM         #1764
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 1, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Taylor Cook bioVideo highlights

Altair (TX) Rice Consolidated High School QB and Cane commitment Taylor Cook says he remains in regular contact with UM offensive coordinator Patrick Nix.

"We last talked a couple of days ago," Cook said. "He was seeing how my summer was going. He said that's going to be it, two quarterbacks in this class (Cook and Jacory Harris)."

Cook said he's "real excited" about the opportunity to compete with Harris and Robert Marve, who will be the other young signal callers on the team.

"Right now I'm just lifting weights, trying to get in shape so I can be in good enough shape to play the whole game (because as a mobile QB he runs a lot)," Cook said.

Cook says LSU and Rice continue to send him text messages.

"I respond, but not really because I'm committed to Miami," Cook said. "I'm not sure yet if I'll be taking any other visits."

Cook says he has a couple of goals for his senior year.

One is to put on weight.

At 6-foot-7, he now weighs 215 pounds.

"I weighed 210 at the beginning of the summer," he said. "I'm gaining weight, just slowly. I'm working out, trying to eat more meats and things like that. I want to gain 10-15 pounds."

The other goal?

"To win states, go to the championship," Cook said. "Last year we went two rounds and then lost"
 9 years ago '06        #1765
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,660 | Props total: 12160 12160
good looks rakim

gotta love south florida 3 stars

like meriweather shannon will make u beast

:rasta:
 9 years ago '06        #1766
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space

commitment, shyt might change the fu*k going on

commow now washingtion rep the home team!!!!

07-03-2007, 01:26 PM         #1767
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 3, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Brandon Washington bioVideo highlights

Miami Northwestern High School OL Brandon Washington says he's still a Cane commitment, but that he's going to be looking around this coming season.

"I'll be taking other visits, but I'm not sure where yet," the 6-foot-4, 310-pounder said. "I'm getting a lot of text messages from Florida, LSU, UCF and USF. I am a commitment, but things might change during the season."

Washington goes on to say that he still remains "committed to the U family."

For now Washington says he's spending most of his time thinking about how best to prepare for his senior season.

"I'm just working hard, getting in good shape," he said.

He's dropped five pounds, currently weighing in at 310 pounds.

"I only want to play offensive line this season to save my energy for that, but in some of the big games I'll probably go both ways, which is fine," Washington said.

Washington says he hasn't spoken recently with Cane coaches or any other coaches from other schools.

"I last talked to Miami at the summer camp," he said.

Washington lists over 20 scholarship offers including Miami, Florida, Florida State, Alabama, LSU and Ohio State.
 07-03-2007, 06:00 PM         #1768
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wash is def needed..

But he chooses elsewhere, he misses out..
 9 years ago '06        #1769
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Sh0wty said:
Wash is def needed..

But he chooses elsewhere, he misses out..
he gonna be a cane
 07-04-2007, 11:32 AM         #1770
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ain't really know if Y'all know already..........

flippin through the sports section today........

Y'all boy Greg Olsen just signed a 5 year contract with the Bears........

Didn't give no details.....sorry.....
 9 years ago '07        #1771
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
olsen gonna be a better pro than college player..just watch
 9 years ago '06        #1772
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Simba said:

good shyt come to the U and get paid :cash:

ttime236 said:
olsen gonna be a better pro than college player..just watch
he was great college player and ways

and then he had kyle wright instead of ken dorsey like for shockey

:cash:
 9 years ago '04        #1773
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Simba said:

olsen's gonna do the damn thing in the L
the bears aint stupid; they know where to look to find real talent
 07-04-2007, 01:48 PM         #1774
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
good shyt come to the U and get paid :cash:
Well, I can't quite do all that but I respect the U

props

But y'all cranked out a few players I like for sure.

K2 is my n*gga. He with the Browns but if my team ain't have Antonio Gates I would definitely be in the market for him or J. Shock.

Since greg come from a school known for TE's as of late, I'm a be watchin this cat. He a first rounder too so if gotta be worth it.

Anyway, football season almost back full strength. See y'all at the top.

Peace
 9 years ago '06        #1775
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Simba said:
Well, I can't quite do all that but I respect the U
i didnt mean u i meant greg olsen

come to the U and its gonna be a good chance u gonna have phat NFL contract

good luck with UCS

im out tho one

9 years ago '05        #1776
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
lmao i didnt find out until recent that greg olsen was on that 7th floor crew
that sh*t was fu*king great!!!
 9 years ago '04        #1777
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Deeangoe said:
lmao i didnt find out until recent that greg olsen was on that 7th floor crew
that sh*t was fu*king great!!!
was he? i know tavares gooden was on there
 07-04-2007, 05:44 PM         #1778
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah he raps on the track that was leaked everywhere
 9 years ago '04        #1779
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 madness said:
was he? i know tavares gooden was on there
Yup. I think he calls himself G-Reg or something like that That boy G
 9 years ago '04        #1780
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
word is we might have 3 commits tommorow come public.

pretty big names.

but we'll see...these type of things rarely work out
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
85 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
139 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
158 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
51 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside BOSKOE100 mad at SOULJA BOY.. say he make the BLOODS look like clowns !..
81 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Never noticed this from Scream 1
96 comments
1 day ago