Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
217 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #SPN: Zashia Santiago
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
161 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #1741
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,683 | Props total: 12216 12216

please my fellow U family help ya dawg out

:wow: :wow: :wow:
 06-29-2007, 11:24 AM         #1742
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 29, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Corey Liuget bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Hialeah (Fla.) High School DE Corey Liuget says he's staying in touch with Hurricane coaches, texting or talking with them several times a week.

"I talk to coach (Clint) Hurtt and (Tim) Walton," Liuget said. "Every now and then they send me a text message or I call. They say they hope everything's going well, to keep working hard and they hope I'll stay home."

That's the big question, of course.

Liuget says he currently has no clear frontrunner but that his top schools are Miami, LSU, Illinois, South Florida, UCF and Michigan.

He says "academics and opportunities" will be most important to him as he seeks to hammer out a final decision.

Of UM, he said, "Miami, they're bringing in a lot of new coaches. I love coach Randy Shannon. It's home also. I've always been a Hurricane fan."

Last season Liuget finished with 55 tackles and six sacks. He also played some quarterback, tight end, receiver and defensive tackle. Behind center he hit on 30 of 42 passes for over 500 yards.

"I'll probably decide in February or in January at the earliest," Liuget said. "At the end of November or beginning of December I'll narrow things down. Miami will be in there."
 06-29-2007, 11:25 AM         #1743
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 29, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Marcus Robinson bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Homestead High School LB Marcus Robinson has one college coach he particularly enjoys talking to.

That's because Cane linebackers coach Michael Barrow was his position coach at Homestead High last season.

"I just talked to him yesterday," Robinson said. "I talk to him every once in a while. Miami stands pretty high on my list."

Robinson says his recruitment is still "wide open."

He's attended summer camps at Miami and Rutgers.

"At the Miami camp I talked to Randy Shannon," Robinson said. "He was telling me how to get better, pointers. He was trying to motivate me."

Robinson says he'll narrow things down to a top six by the middle of his senior season.

He says he doesn't expect to make a final decision until signing day.

Until then, he will continue to talk with Barrow.

As well as Homestead teammate, friend and Hurricane freshman Joseph Nicolas.

"We're good friends," Robinson said. "We just talk - he doesn't try to sway me or anything."

Robinson says he's enjoying the recruiting process so far.

He says he's getting regular text messages from a variety of schools.

"Central Florida , Florida and LSU send me the most," he said. "I get the Florida wakeup call. They send it at 7 a.m. every morning."
 06-29-2007, 07:34 PM         #1744
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 29, 2007

Michael Langston
FlaVarsity.com

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
There is no bigger honor in the summer for a high school quarterback than being named to the Elite 11 camp. Over the past few weeks, several standout quarterbacks around the country were anxiously waiting the phone call to hear that they have been extended an invitation for one of the last few spots. On Friday afternoon one of the Sunshine State's bright stars got that call and FlaVarsity.com spoke with the talented gunslinger.

Harris received a Elite 11 invitation Friday afternoon
Northwestern QB Jacory Harris had an unbelievable season for the Bulls, leading them to their first State Title since 1998. He threw for over 3,000 yards and 35 touchdowns. Still, Harris felt like he had something to prove when he started attending camps across the state of Florida this summer.

"You hear it all the time where people are saying that you are just on a great team and that's why you are so good. I'm not going to lie, it motivated me to improve every aspect of my game. I spent a lot of time in the off-season preparing myself to show off my skills at quarterback," explained Harris.

On Friday afternoon all that work paid off when the talented quarterback was extended an invitation to attend the National Elite 11 camp. The incredible news even stunned Harris who was worried because he missed the first regional Elite 11 camp because of a travel problem.

"I was absolutely blown away and I can't put into words how excited I am right now. That's a huge honor to play with some of the nations' best in California. I've never been to California, so I'm just looking to show what I can do, but also have a good time in meeting a lot of different prospects that maybe later I might run into on the college scene."

FlaVarsity.com also spoke with Brian Stumpf of Student Sports to find out what really stood out about this talented Sunshine State star.

"All the coaches for Elite 11 were pretty emphatic about Harris and his skills at the quarterback position. He does a very good job with his reads, is athletic and throws a really nice tight ball for his receivers. Jacory also has very nice presence in the pocket and that was something we all noticed very early on at the Miami NIKE camp. Harris also had above average footwork. I think with most South Florida quarterbacks they aren't mechanically good like Jacory was so that surprised us some," said Stumpf.

There was no question it was a tough choice, especially with all the talented quarterbacks in the state of Florida. But Harris was a prospect that really stood out for a lot of Elite 11 coaches who got a chance to view the standout in action.

"The state is loaded with potential and it's really tough breaking it down, but with Harris he was the type of kid that had the perfect attitude every time you talked with him. Coming from a top team Miami Northwestern, I guess in the back of your mind you think maybe you will have a kid that just thinks he is better than anyone else, but Harris was different. He took in everything and took to heart what all the coaches were telling him and clearly improved all day long."

One area Harris has to his credit is his size, but Stumpf indicates that had zero bearing when selecting the talented gem to the Elite 11.

"You look at the talent and improvement. Jacory could be 6-foot-1 and still be very impressive out there. He has a very strong feel for the quarterback position and that was clearly apparent as the day went on and we got to evaluate him. I was very impressed with the touch he put on the ball and when need be, put a little zip behind it. He's going to be a very good fit for the Miami Hurricanes."

Harris led the Bulls to a 6A State Championship in 2006
Even with his amazing talents, Stumpf feels that his talents have only begin to scratch the surface.

"Naturally the first thing you look at it is Jacory will need to put on some weight at the next level because there is no way a quarterback will be able to survive in big time college football at 175 pounds. He's growing physically, so that will come, but no more than most high school products at this stage."

While Harris was surprised, his performance at the Miami NIKE camp almost never happened.

"I was worried that because I missed the Elite 11 which was held the day before the Miami NIKE Camp. I thought that my chance was gone. But when the NIKE camp came around, I knew it was time to turn it up a notch," replied Harris.

What made the feat even more impressive is how loaded the state is with talent this year. The 6-foot-4, 175 pound senior just took it as a challenge.

"I'm a competitor, so when it's time to show who the best is, the big time players step up and I felt very comfortable that I did that. You look at the rankings sometimes on Rivals, but you also have to keep everything in perspective and learn what mistakes you made the previous time out and I did that."

As Stumpf briefly mentioned, Harris was extremely attentive and executed every time the Elite 11 coaches were working with him.

"When you look at all the talented quarterbacks the Elite 11 coaches have helped, it's a respect factor and if you want to improve, you have to put forth an open mind. They can say something a billion times, but until your heart and mind is ready to be open to listen, you're not going to improve. I know the coaches knew exactly what they were doing and it had work so well for so many other talented guys and I want to be apart of that class."

With his selection now punched, how much confidence does this give the talented quarterback?

"Well I felt pretty confident going in because I knew coaches just had to view my game film and see me in action. Like I said before, most people just think I throw the ball and all our athletes for Northwestern just go get it, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. You have to place the ball so it makes everything easier on the skill type players and I worked extremely hard on that before my junior season.

Now I'm just so thrilled that hard work and determination has paid off with the Elite 11 selection. I'm really without words right now, but I'm just antsy to get out there in California and perform very well."
 06-29-2007, 08:22 PM         #1745
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol @ south florida quarterbacks have bad mechanics
I think with most South Florida quarterbacks, they aren't mechanically good like Jacory was so that surprised us some," said Stumpf.
thats a racist a.ss statement

Last edited by Black_Deuce; 06-29-2007 at 08:24 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #1746
ANOMOLIE 
space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
That's what I got out of it.
 9 years ago '04        #1747
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Coming Up For Air
Even though I'm presently on vacation the guilt of leaving The Legion without a leader has hurt my heart.

I've been warned not to work....the warden, I mean wife, is on my back.... but I'm going to drop a little blog hoping it will ease my guilt, and your abandonment issues. Hopefully you'll have a new beat writer, and new leader of The Legion soon. Whether you accept him or her and come back is up to U. Thanks to a few of U who have called the sports department my bosses know how important this decision is, and I'm told they are giving it a great deal of thought. When I know, you'll know.

So here are my nuggets....

It's good to see Larry Coker working in the TV world, getting picked up by ESPNU. I think he'll do great, and if he does end up broadcasting the UM-FIU game I think that would be Must-See TV for the nation. I personally would love to see the old CEO broadcast UM games (now that I'll be watching it from afar) because I know he'll bring great stories and a tremendous amount of insight. He always did! And maybe you'll get a sampling of his sense of humor. But then again I don't despise the man like a few (I'm being generous here) of U.

Frank (Faith in) Haith picked up a commitment from a guard in the last few days and from what I'm told Quincy Roberts is a winner, and has the potential to be a BIG point guard that can compliment Eddie Rios, who is more of a gunner than true point guard right now. Maybe Eddie makes a smooth transition to PG as a true freshman, but if not Roberts provides some insurance. He's supposedly 6-foot-5 with handle, has a good stroke, is tough, and plays on a great Pennsylvania team. Sounds like another former Pennsylvania guard that played for UM: John Salmons, who was the best UM hoops player I ever covered.

From what I'm told Haith liked Roberts a lot, just as much as he liked Pace's Rayford Shipman, who committed to Florida a few days later. Roberts was supposedly more versatile than Shipman. Not getting Shipman doesn't mean UM won't land some local prospects. UM's in a heated battle with Pittsburgh for Broward big man Eloy Vargas. UM's also in the hunt for a big man transfer, and a California prospect named Tyerese Breshers, who plans to visit UM on his own dime this summer.

Getting another big man is big for the program because Haith needs to restock his stable of bigs and I'm told Freddy Asprilla isn't going to get into school because of the prep schooling issues he went through back in December when his hoops academy in Wisconsin went bankrupt.

I'm told the basketball team is doing a lot of big things this summer. Jack McClinton's working as a counselor for what I believe is Lebron James' basketball camp. Brian Asbury and Jimmy Graham are playing overseas with a summer team called Athletes In Action, and Dwayne Collins is trying out for Team USA's Under-19 squad. Those types of summer activities not only shows growth for the program, but leads to growth individually.

Sticking with recruiting, this week I played tennis with my boy Matt Shodell from Canesport (he won 6-1, 2-1 because I haven't played tennis in four years) and he said throughout his many years of covering recruiting he's never seen the Hurricanes off to such a hot start. Not only does UM have nine commitments, but from what I'm told by insiders the class is getting close to being full because there are a couple of silent commits (a few of them wear Bull and Gold and play for Dade's powerhouse). I was told by someone in the recruiting world I trust that other school's aren't even trying on a number of those Northwestern guys (unless the player has academic shortcomings that makes UM iffy) because they believe it's a wasted effort. We'll see if this is true on signing day.

One local player who has gained a great deal of momentum on the buzz circuit in the past month is a kid named Corey Luiget, who is from Hialeah High. I have not seen the kid play, but I'm told he's a must get target, right up there with Homestead's Marcus Robinson. This Luiget kid tore up some camp (I believe it was out of state) that instantly raised his stock to stud level.

Speaking of stud recruits, I ran into Patrick Johnson's father a couple of weeks ago and heard about the trip to California to participate in USC's camp. It made me wonder for a minute but dad reassured that Johnson's still a firm commit to Miami. He's just looking to prove he's the best player in the nation, not just Florida, and I can't blame the kid. I predict there will be some flirtation with other schools, but I would be shocked if Johnson doesn't end up enrolled at UM by next spring. He's a very mature kid and I never got the impression he was about playing games. He's serious about his business, which is football.

Someone else who has gotten serious about football is senior receiver Darnell Jenkins, who has cut off his dreads and beard to supposedly clean up his image. I'm a big supporter of people being who they are, but if Jenkins thinks this will help him have a better season I'm all for it. For the record, I think Darnell's UM's best returning receiver if he's healthy because unlike Lance Leggett he'll make tough catches between the hashes.

I've heard good things about some of the incoming recruits, who are in town and preparing to start classes. Many of them have already been participating in 7-on-7's and I'm hearing good reviews about two receivers. Kayne Farquharson I'm told is in the Reggie Wayne mold, very smooth, clutch catching. And Daniel Adderley has been "surprisingly good," I'm told. Adderley is smooth also and ran a sub-4.6 in the 40, which is good for a player of his size. I'm told he'll likely redshirt because he's got plenty to learn about football, but he appears to be a promising project for down the road, just as Calais Campbell was three years ago. Remember, it usually doesn't happen over night.

Speaking of projects, the Orange Bowl still has a little life in it, but I still think UM decides to move to Dolphins Stadium by the end of the year for three reasons. One, there is a 25-year deal with Dolphins Stadium on the table. Two: Who In The World will cover the tab for project overruns if UM decides to stay in a renovated Orange Bowl and the project gets going and goes over budget like just about everything else the City of Miami does. And finally, I'm told the City's proposal is it's final offer (a take it or leave it) and I suspect they have taken a hard and firm stance because they really couldn't careless about the project. I still think the Marlins future stadium will impact whatever UM does, and I continue to wonder if the City of Miami really have the money for both projects?

I'm going back into hiding now as I continue to recharge my battery for the upcoming Dolphins season, but I just want U guys to know you are in my thoughts.

I will return again to finish what I started, and eventually hand it off to someone else. Until then...

G.A.G.T.G. and Deuces my friends.

Long live The Legion. No Legionaire will be left behind.
 9 years ago '06        #1748
ANOMOLIE 
space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
I really don't want Adderly to redshirt. I fell he could contribute very quickly. Very deep WR class. Can't wait to see them play.

Last edited by ANOMOLIE; 06-30-2007 at 12:11 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #1749
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
damn we better get marcus robinson

:rasta:
 9 years ago '04        #1750
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
rivals >> scout but here

Ramon Buchanan is rated as the nation's No. 1 weakside linebacker prospect by Scout.com and the Palm Bay High standout talked about the latest on the recruiting front.

Ramon Buchanan took a trip up North this past week for a camp at Rutgers. He talked about his time there.

"It was straight," Buchanan said. "I did real good in the one-on-ones and there were some good running backs there. I ran a 4.5 and had a good camp. It was a fun camp, I enjoyed myself. Rutgers is a nice place."

Buchanan, 6-foot-1 and 195 pounds, said Rutgers was his first camp this summer but he has plans to attend one more later this summer.

"I'm going to Friday Night Lights at Florida next month," he said. "That'll be it. Then it'll be time to focus on our season."

Speaking of his senior season, Buchanan is excited about it.

"We should be pretty good," he said. "I'll be going both ways again and hopefully we can go all the way this year."

On the recruiting front, Buchanan said there are three schools mainly involved right now.

"The ones I'm looking at the most are Florida, Miami, and Wake Forest," he said. "Those are my top three."

The talented linebacker prospect spoke highly about all three programs.

"I like the coaching staff at Wake Forest," he said. "I saw the campus on the Internet and it looks like a nice school, on the rise. Miami is recruiting me real hard. I like it down South and I really like my recruiting coach -- Coach Barrow. He's real cool and he always tells me how it is. Florida, it's like Miami. I really like talking to Coach Gonzalez. It's a good program."

While the Gators and Canes seem to have the upperhand, when asked for a favorite Buchanan said he's not ready to name one just yet.

"It's even right now," he said. "I really like all three of them. I don't even know who would be on top right now."

The All-American candidate spoke about what will be important when it comes time to make a decision.

"I wanna feel comfortable around the coaches and the players and I wanna see how busy the school is," he said. "I mean as a student, am I gonna have a lot of things to do, places to go, and things like that. I wanna be able to stay busy."
 06-30-2007, 02:37 AM         #1751
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I really think Barrow is gonna bring in so many LB prospects
 06-30-2007, 08:01 AM         #1752
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
:applause:

True that.. A Great Coaching Addition by Coach Shannon.
 9 years ago '06        #1753
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
hopefully he can bring sabino to come too

we aint one of his favorites but damn boi

dont u know shannon puts LB in the NFL and u close to home

come on now join the family

06-30-2007, 11:49 AM         #1754
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Illinois' Benn, ND's Clausen impact newcomers for 2007
Schlabach

By Mark Schlabach
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Arrelious Benn should make an immediate impact at Illinois, but will Jimmy Clausen live up to the hype at Notre Dame? Will Noel Devine and Joe McKnight deliver at West Virginia and USC, respectively? Check out the freshmen you should be watching this fall.

1. Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
Benn, who enrolled at Illinois in January, should have a tremendous impact this fall because, frankly, he's better than the rest of the Illini's returning skill players. He was a major recruiting coup for Coach Ron Zook, after choosing Illinois over Florida State, Maryland, Miami and Notre Dame. Look for the 6-foot-1, 210-pound native of Washington, D.C., to become quarterback Juice Williams' favorite target.

2. Eric Berry, CB, Tennessee
Berry, one of the country's most highly regarded defensive back prospects, will have an opportunity to start in the Volunteers' revamped secondary. Free safety Jonathan Hefney is the only returning starter. If Berry can hold off a pair of junior-college transfers, he might be starting at cornerback by the Sept. 1 opener at California.

3. Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
The California high school legend is in a three-man battle to replace departed f!ghting Irish starter Brady Quinn. Clausen had surgery recently to repair damage in the elbow of his right (throwing) arm, which might prevent him from beating out Evan Sharpley or Demetrius Jones for the starting job before the Sept. 1 opener against Georgia Tech. Barring complications with the elbow, expect Clausen to be starting by midseason, though.

4. Graig Cooper, RB, Miami
Cooper might be the key to the Hurricanes turning around their fortunes during Coach Randy Shannon's first season. After enrolling in January, Cooper outplayed returning tailback Javarris James during spring practice. So much so that Edgerrin James, the incumbent's cousin, told Shannon that Cooper was a better runner during spring drills. The Memphis native attended prep school in New York last year, so he's more physically ready to go.

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

5. Torrey Davis, DT, Florida
The 300-pounder from Seffner, Fla., will be given every opportunity to produce on the defending national champions' rebuilt defensive line. Coach Urban Meyer expects as many as six freshmen to play on the defensive line this season, and Davis is the best of the bunch.

6. Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia
Mountaineers fans might have burned couches in celebration the day Devine revealed he had qualified academically to play this coming season. While the 5-foot-8 speedster from Fort Myers, Fla., isn't going to unseat Heisman Trophy candidate Steve Slaton in the backfield, he gives coach Rich Rodriguez yet another fast option in the spread offense.

7. Ronald Johnson, WR, Southern Cal
Johnson is so athletically gifted that Trojans coach Pete Carroll can't seem to decide whether to play him on offense or defense. The 6-foot, 177-pound native of Muskegon, Mich., runs the 40-yard dash in about 4.4 seconds and was coveted by Michigan, Ohio State and Florida, among other schools. The Trojans have a glaring hole at receiver with Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett departing, and Johnson might end up being better than each of them.

8. Willy Korn, QB, Clemson
After watching Will Proctor struggle throughout the 2006 season, Clemson fans couldn't wait for Korn to arrive this winter. Korn couldn't beat out Cullen Harper for the starting job during the spring, but he'll undoubtedly play this coming fall. Clemson coach Tommy Bowden won't be able to keep Korn on the bench -- and might not keep his own job if Korn doesn't perform well.

9. Joe McKnight, TB, Southern Cal
The New Orleans native was drawing comparisons to the 2005 Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush -- and receiving phone calls from the current New Orleans Saints star -- before he ever stepped on the USC campus. McKnight joins a very crowded Trojans backfield this fall, with seven first- or second-year players battling for the starting job. But figure McKnight to make some kind of impact this season. Asking McKnight to beat out the likes of Chauncey Washington, Emmanuel Moody, C.J. Gable and Allen Bradford might be too much to ask, though.

10. Keith Nichol, QB, Oklahoma
Can the two-time Michigan high school player of the year make enough progress this spring to make a serious challenge at the starting job? Nichol had a trimmed-down playbook during the spring after enrolling early. But he still stayed in the hunt with redshirt freshman Sam Bradford and junior Joey Halzle as the Sooners search for Paul Thompson's replacement.

Mark Schlabach covers college football and men's college basketball for ESPN.com. You can contact him at .

Last edited by Hurricane Ra; 06-30-2007 at 11:53 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #1755
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
craig cooper fu*k the next reggie bush

hes gonna be the willis mcgahee before the knee injury

:wow: :wow: :wow:

9 years ago '06        #1756
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
what the fu*k happened to A. johnson signing this week

:banghead: :hang:

9 years ago '07        #1757
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
damn, from what ive heard Graig Cooper is gonna be a playmaker kinda like CJ Spiller from Clemson. Baby J and Cooper gonna bring back memories of clinton and mcgahee/gore haha
 9 years ago '05        #1758
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
question?
did cooper commit to miami last yr but go turned down cuz of academic inegibility?
 9 years ago '04        #1759
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Deeangoe said:
question?
did cooper commit to miami last yr but go turned down cuz of academic inegibility?
yeah
he went to prep school with another hurricane-commit lesean mccoy, who he sh*t on so badly mccoy changed his mind
 9 years ago '07        #1760
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
yea cooper was only a 3 star recruit straight outta high school so he decided to go prep school to get grades straight and get better at football
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
221 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
134 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
50 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
76 comments
2 days ago