Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-27-2007, 09:16 PM         #1721
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hope this OC will help Wright.. I mean look at people like Carson Palmer who was a busy in till they got the right OC in.. I hope Wright shows his skills
 9 years ago '04        #1722
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 P. Dedos said:
disagree

i hope kyle wright is our starter

in real life sure

but in season dynasty mode, i'm goin with the young cat
get his stats up
by year 3 he'll be up for the heisman :applause:
 9 years ago '06        #1723
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245
 RakimAllahNY said:
I hope this OC will help Wright.. I mean look at people like Carson Palmer who was a busy in till they got the right OC in.. I hope Wright shows his skills
yeah true story

theres no denying that kyle wright has talent

that 6.1 was no fluke, hopefully his last year as a cane he will become the player he was suppose to be

:rasta:

madness said:
in real life sure

but in season dynasty mode, i'm goin with the young cat
get his stats up
by year 3 he'll be up for the heisman :applause:

feel u on dat
 06-27-2007, 11:24 PM         #1724
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TEAM PROFILE - MIAMI NORTHWESTERN

June 23, 2007

Michael Langston
FlaVarsity.com Publisher
Throughout the summer, FlaVarsity.com will preview football teams across the state. The countdown to kickoff is on!

Aldarius Johnson is one of six Bulls listed on FlaVarsity.com's top 100
FlaVarsity.com heads to Dade County to check out last year's Class 6A State Champion, Miami Northwestern. The Bulls finished the season with a perfect record. Many fans and analysts are expecting a repeat performance. Do they have enough talent to make that happen? Check out our team profile to find out.

How can your team be profiled? Simply fill out our online Team profile questionnaire or email Michael at for more information

We hope to feature many teams as possible as players, coaches and fans gear up for another much anticipated football season. Over the next few months, we'll be busy bringing you team and player updates, top 25 teams in the state, exclusive video, recruiting news and more.

So stay tuned to FlaVarsity.com, your source for high school football.

* Thanks to our friends at the Florida High School Helmet Project for the use of their helmet graphic.

2007 Team Profile

2006 Class 6A State Champion
Head Coach Roland Smith

Last season's record 15-0
Last season's district record 5-0

Class/District 6A-13

Players to watch
Name Rising Year Height Weight Position
Jacory Harris Senior 6'4" 169 Quarterback
Aldarius Johnson Senior 6'2" 200 Wide Receiver
Tommy Streeter Senior 6'6" 200 Wide Receiver
Marcus Forston Senior 6'2" 286 Defensive Tackle
Sean Spence Senior 6'0" 186 Linebacker
Quavon Taylor Senior 6'0" 190 Outside Linebacker

Player profile
Marcus Forston, DT

On being a multi-sport athlete:
I try and do different sports. Also, when I am on the field, I like to change up my moves. I don't like to do the same thing over and over again and that makes me hard to stop.

Outlook

The top football powerhouse this year is the Miami Northwestern Bulls or better well known in Dade County as Da West. The Bulls are as explosive as they come when you consider the talent returning to a team that took home the 6A State Title last season. The Bulls might be even stronger in 2007 and have to be considered to contend for the prep National Championship this season.

One word describes the Miami Northwestern Bulls and that's explosive. The Bulls have the complete package with a dominating defense led by five starters. Powering this talented group is star linebacker Sean Spence and one of the most talented defensive tackles not only in the state, but in the country in Marcus Forston.

Spence is a tackling machine for the Bulls totaling over 150 tackles two interceptions and 2.5 sacks in 2006. The 6-foot, 186 pound standout for Northwestern is exceptional in pass coverage and can really lay the lumber with a big hit anytime. Spence who will be a four year starter, is the heart and soul of an extremely fast Bulls defense.

Forston is a talent in his own right with a dominating presence on the defensive line that no team has figured out how to slow down. He is the consensus top rated lineman out of the state of Florida and currently ranked one of the top defensive lineman in the entire nation. Why? Simply put, Forston is an athletic monster on the line and the 6-foot-2, 286 pound standout is a must to double team against any opponent. Most compare Forston to another talented star that suited up for the Miami Hurricanes in Warren Sapp. As a junior, the impressive four-star prospect finished with over 60 tackles and an astonishing 12 sacks despite playing at position on the defensive line where sacks are hard to come by. Forston has an amazing first step and it's really no secret that just about every college in the country is drooling over his amazing skills on the high school level.

The Bulls are hardly a two man wrecking crew with big time stars LB Quavon Taylor and DE Benjamin Jones returning. Jones is a dominating defensive end that can flat take over a game with his first step off the line of scrimmage. What's even more stunning is the Bulls had to do without the services of Jones last year because of an injury that kept him out the entire season. Expect a break out performance for this 6-foot-6, 270 pound beast at the end position. Taylor is another speedy linebacker for the Bulls that some have compared to Zach Thomas a big star for the Miami Dolphins in the NFL. Taylor had over 60 solo tackles as junior and finished with 1.5 sacks last year.

If that wasn't explosive enough, the Bulls have an array of big targets on the offensive side of the ball with six starters returning off the 2006 State Champions. QB Jacory Harris leads this talented offense which average nearly 40 points per game and no team had an answer to slow down. Harris was a big reason for that throwing for over 2,500 yards and 35 touchdowns. The 6-foot-4, 169 pound standout also finished with only six interceptions on the year. Harris brings a calmness to an offense that is clearly explosive, but his patience in the pocket has been the biggest a.sset for this talented star who will be heading to the University of Miami next season.

Harris will also have two of the biggest and talented wide receivers in the state this year in Aldarius Johnson and Tommy Streeter. Johnson is the cream of the crop when talking about receivers from the Sunshine State. He runs precise routes and is a monster when you are talking about physical receivers. Johnson can do it all and it's really no surprise he is rated the top overall receiver in the state of Florida according to the latest FlaVarsity.com Top 100 rankings. Last year, the 6-foot-2, 200 pound receiver set a Dade County record with 1,361 yards and nineteen touchdowns.

Streeter also was impressive racking up over 800 yards and 16 touchdowns. The 6-foot-6, 200 pound game breaker at wide receiver might not be as polished as his counterpart in Johnson, but he has all the skills to break any game wide open with his long reach and outstanding jumping ability.

Many believe that the Bulls might be a little down in the running game with the departure of Antwain Easterling, but Northwestern has plenty of fire power to work with in running backs Corvin Lamb and last years backup running back Daquan Hargrett. Both have the capability to break off the big run with outstanding speed and while Easterling is a tough loss, expect this talented duo to more than hold up their end of the bargain for the rushing attack.

It's really difficult when you go up and down this lineup to find too many weaknesses with the Bulls. They are experienced, talented, but most of all they have some of the fastest prospects in the state of Florida. There will be challengers this year, but it's going to be really hard to not have the Bulls repeating as 6A Champions again, unless they let their recent success go to their head. The Bulls will find out exactly just how good they are nationally early in the season with a big national match-up with Southlake Carroll (TX), who has been one of the most dominant teams not only in the Lone Star State, but around the entire nation.

Additional players to watch:
#11 WR Kendall Thompson
#90 DE Benjimin Jones
#45 LB Lavonti David
#4 RB Tyrese Jones
#3 RB Corvin Lamb
#21 RB Daquan Hargrett
#56 LB Anthony Jackson
 06-27-2007, 11:26 PM         #1725
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 21, 2007

Michael Langston
FlaVarsity.com Publisher

Talk about it in the Message Boards
We all know the immense amount of talent in the Tallahassee area and this season is no exception. Leading the way just might be Rickards head hunting safety Jajuan Harley. The 6-foot-2, 190 pound rising junior spoke to FlaVarsity.com about a change in philosophy and what drives him on the football field.

Rickards safety Jajuan Harley makes a tackle during their jamboree
You name a skill position on defense and Jajuan Harley out of Rickards has probably played it. That's because is an electrifying standout anytime he is near the ball and what's even more scary is Harley is just starting to scratch the services of his talents at the safety position.

"He's so versatile you just want him on the field all the time. Jajuan is a hard hitting safety that will just knock you senseless, but he also has exceptional speed and can handle anyone at the cornerback position. We will probably have him play wide receiver as well for us next season. The thing with Jajuan is he completely understands the game and he is always the hardest worker on the team and the rest of the players see that," explained Rickards a.ssistant coach Fred Anderson.

Coach Anderson and the rest of the Raiders staff will have two more years to have this talented gem at their disposal. As a sophomore, Harley was a tackling machine totaling over 70 solo tackles and over 90 tackles altogether. He also nabbed three interceptions, but Harley indicates you can expect that number to double this season.

"I want at least six interceptions and I know I'm capable of it. Even if I got six I would probably want even more than that. The coverage part of my game is something I most proud of because I have worked really hard the past few years. I got an interception in the Lincoln/Chiles/Rickards jamboree so that really helped build my confidence going into the season."

Despite the early gaudy numbers from this talented underclassmen, he gives nearly all the credit to his teammates. Those that know Harley say it isn't really a surprising gesture for the vocal leader of the defense.

"My teammates always get the credit because without them I wouldn't be able to make the big hits or break loose with the big interception or great play. It's all about the team and what we accomplish together. I just knew someone had to step up on get us focused on improving as a team because I'm not the type of guy that just sits back and takes losing easily. I pushed all the guys in the off-season to hit the weights and put the work in for the spring. I feel our secondary will be the strength of this team. We lost a lot of close games last year and all of the guys have dedicated themselves to changing that."

Harley's talents don't just stop on the offensive or defensive side of the ball. He is also a big special teams weapon.

"Oh yeah, there is no question Jajuan is big time on the punt returns and kick-off returns. He just has a strong feel for finding the gap and then exploding through it. He averaged around 40 yards per punt return last year so we usually know that when he touches the ball something exciting is usually going to happen."

There is no doubt that Harley will be one of the top, if not the best prospect out of the Tallahassee area but this year that distinction belongs to another talented defensive back in five star cornerback Lincoln Trojan T.J. Bryant.

"I like the way T.J. plays. He talks some, but not really as much as the other guys I have gone against. He is definitely a top player and a tough match-up because of his speed and his desire to make the play."

Harley will soon be one of the most sought after prospects in Florida with constant calls and he is ready for the recruiting portion of his career.

Harley can do it all on both sides of the field
"I know as a player I have to prove myself every night so the coaches know it's not just a mirage that I'm one of the best players in the state. It's really going to be crazy, but I'm ready for it. I guess it's just something new I have to deal with. But if anything, it's motivation to not let up."

The talented soon to be junior doesn't have a lot of schools listed yet but some of the schools courting the talented star are FSU, Florida, Miami and Alabama. Miami and FSU both have a couple of early things working in their favor.

"My defensive back coach here at Rickards Corey Fuller played at FSU and he talks highly about the program and how it's a great fit for any talented player because they only take the best of the best there. I know that I'm going to the FSU summer camp on July 11, so I'm looking forward to seeing the school again because sometimes you take it for granted because it's so close to home.

"I didn't have a favorite school growing up, but I do pattern my game after two former Canes in Sean Taylor and Ed Reid. I've just loved their style and that's me in a nutshell I want to hurt you, and I want to deliver a hit so hard that your going to remember coming across my area of the field."

The Canes also have another thing working for them in former Rickards star Ryan Hill who is now hoping to land a starting position with the Canes this year.

"Yeah Ryan talks about Da U a lot and just has a lot of nice things to say about them. He talks about how it's a family, and how much he would like to see me there with him. He also mentioned that he thinks there is a good chance he could be starting at wide receiver so I'm looking forward in seeing what he can do out there."

The battle for one of the state's top players in 2009 could once again be yet another Miami/FSU battle but which side holds the edge? That answer won't be answered for a while, but should be a fun ride.
 06-27-2007, 11:27 PM         #1726
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Great site for Florida High School sh*t.. Just not seniors but every year.. You see any articles you want holla.
 9 years ago '07        #1727
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
dammmm, this thread is huge....i didnt know this was here...I know soooo much bout them canes so ima start chattin regularly now wit yall
 06-28-2007, 01:10 AM         #1728
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ttime236 said:
dammmm, this thread is huge....i didnt know this was here...I know soooo much bout them canes so ima start chattin regularly now wit yall

Good to have you, this is where the Canes fans are at!!! We run the BX.. You need any Rivals articles just drop a link
 9 years ago '04        #1729
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,798 | Props total: 1401 1401
2007 recruiting class

9 years ago '06        #1730
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
2007 recruiting class

my goodness @ 6:50 Mckenzie is unreal

and damn lee chambers and mcneal was looking like cooper :wow:

Our Runningbacks are gonna be set for years
 9 years ago '06        #1731
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
here's my predtiction for our 08 Class..yall keep track to see how many i get right or wrong.

LB: Sean Spence
LB: Marcus Robinson
LB: Jordan Futch
yo crip u dont think Lerentee McCray will joing this class even tho he has canes as a leader, i dont knowu because the florida gators are in his back yard but i wanna know if u just forgot about him or do u think hes going to the gators anyway

9 years ago '04        #1732
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 C.R.I.P. said:
2007 recruiting class

damn that sh*t was Sick with capital S.

Hated to see Doug Wiggins murking my high school team (north miami) on that vid but oh well.

Another thing, that juke at 6:50 is totally fu*king nuts, he had that n*gga bad

The running backs look like they should've been kicked out the games just for sonning the sh*t out of the other teams amazing.

And the receivers looking not to bad either, that tall a.ss dude, forgot his name is a beast, fast as a motherfu*ker
 9 years ago '04        #1733
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,798 | Props total: 1401 1401
 P. Dedos said:
yo crip u dont think Lerentee McCray will joing this class even tho he has canes as a leader, i dont knowu because the florida gators are in his back yard but i wanna know if u just forgot about him or do u think hes going to the gators anyway

i think we have a good chance to land him with us being his childhood favorites, but i just couldnt put him in there because of him being in Gator Country.
 9 years ago '05        #1734
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 C.R.I.P. said:
2007 recruiting class

props for that
 06-28-2007, 01:33 PM         #1735
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Great video. First off Adderly looks like Moss beasting on kids.. 6'6 wideout is amazing.. and Kanye>>>> That kid looks like the truth.. But Hankerson> Wiggins>
 06-28-2007, 01:42 PM         #1736
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 28, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Karnell Hatcher bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Delray Beach (FL) Atlantic Community High School DB Karnell Hatcher says he's getting regular text messages from Hurricane coaches.

"They ask when I'm going to come up and visit the school, ask how I'm doing, get updates on me," the 6-foot-3, 189-pounder said. "I'm trying to get there this summer, but I don't know right now when it'll be."

Asked his favorites, Hatcher said, "I'm looking hard at LSU. They're not my No. 1, but they're in my top. My other favorites are Miami, Minnesota, Alabama, Auburn and West Virginia.

"There's no one ahead. Those are the schools I'm really looking at."

What's most important to him in a program at the next level?

"Is it in a big city, because I'll be living there for four years and I want to be in a city," he said. "And I want to major in architecture. Also whether I get along well with the coaches."

Of what he knows about Miami's program, Hatcher said, "I know a lot about Miami's program. When I was growing up I was rooting for Florida State, so I learned a lot about the Hurricanes."

Despite rooting against the Canes when they faced FSU, Hatcher says he sees positives in possibly becoming a Cane.

"We all know they produce some big-time DBs," he said. "I definitely like that about them. And it's close to home. My parents can see me play every game."

Hatcher says he plans to wait until signing day to announce a decision.

"I'll just be weighing my options," he said. "It's not an easy decision. I don't want to just jump into it."

Hatcher lists over 40 scholarship offers and says UM offered him in December.

As a junior he had 67 tackles and one interception.

He is being recruited as a safety.
 06-28-2007, 01:43 PM         #1737
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
une 28, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Lerentee McCray bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Dunnellon (FL) High School LB Lerentee McCray says the Hurricanes have jumped into the lead in his recruitment.

"It's pretty close still, but Miami's leading right now," he said. "I just always liked Miami. It's hard to go against my childhood favorite.

"Florida is probably the closest school to them."

Asked when he might make a final decision, McCray said, "Right now I'm not sure when I'll make a decision. I'll take a few official visits and will see after that. Right now I'll take three or four visits – I also like Auburn and LSU, Tennessee, Wisconsin, USC also."

He has offers from all of the above.

He currently lists over 30 scholarship offers.

McCray maintains regular contact with Cane coaches.

"I talked to coach (Michael) Barrow yesterday," he said. "We were just talking. Sometimes we'll talk about football, sometimes we'll talk about other stuff. I talk to him probably about once a week, something like that. We talk about 15, 20 minutes on average.

"Right now I'm trying to get to Miami for another unofficial so I can sit down and have a talk with all the coaches one on one. I'm not sure when I'll do that."

McCray previously took an unofficial visit in April, attending two spring practices.

"It was pretty nice there. Miami - you can't go wrong," he said.

McCray received a UM offer in March.

"I was real excited to get that," he said. "It was kind of like a dream come true."

McCray is being recruited as an outside linebacker. Last season he finished with 102 tackles, 12 sacks and an interception.
 9 years ago '04        #1738
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 C.R.I.P. said:
2007 recruiting class

i dont think people realize the blazing speed thats coming in....we got cats comin in who every time they touch the ball, whether its on a kick return, punt, handoff, or reception are threats to score from anywhere on the field.... and :wow::sick: :applause: @ mckenzie, he broke that n*ggas ankles, legs, and spirit on that juke
 9 years ago '06        #1739
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
come on down mccray and hatcher

join the family

:rasta:

Last edited by DEDOS; 06-29-2007 at 07:20 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #1740
ANOMOLIE 
space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
 madness said:
i dont think people realize the blazing speed thats coming in....we got cats comin in who every time they touch the ball, whether its on a kick return, punt, handoff, or reception are threats to score from anywhere on the field.... and :wow::sick: :applause: @ mckenzie, he broke that n*ggas ankles, legs, and spirit on that juke
That juke is crazy.:applause:
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Air Jordan 11 Space Jam On Feet
31 comments
20 hours ago