Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside 'Who Shot Biggie & Tupac' on FoX Right NOW!!!!! *******NEW INFO RE..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This sh-t feels like Teenage Fever
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Derek Wolfe: "If you don’t think America is greatest country, why do you s..
247 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
This nigga make Desiigner look like Socrates
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-12-2007, 05:35 PM         #1701
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 10, 2007

CaneSport News Wire

Talk about it in Football Forum
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

With football practice and their first season under new head coach Randy Shannon just around the corner, the Miami Hurricanes will host the annual BankUnited CanesFest in Broward County, with fun for football fans of all ages. Admission is free.

The annual BankUnited CanesFest will run from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Saturday, July 28 at War Memorial Auditorium in Fort Lauderdale. Parking will cost $5.

Shannon and the University of Miami football team will attend CanesFest, which will feature inflatable games for kids, contests, a player autographs session, a Q&A with Shannon, Sebastian the Ibis and the University of Miami Cheerleaders. In addition, fans can purchase tickets, merchandise and apparel.

War Memorial Auditorium is located at 800 NE 8th Street in Fort Lauderdale (954) 828-5380, eight blocks north of Broward Boulevard on U.S. 1.

The Hurricanes kick off their 2007 season on Saturday, September 1 when they host Marshall in the Orange Bowl

Also, single-game tickets for Miami Hurricanes football will go on sale at 5 p.m. Friday. Tickets are $47 and can be purchased by calling (305) 284-CANES in Miami-Dade or (800) GO-CANES outside of Miami-Dade.

Fans can also purchase a Mega-Plan, which includes a reserved ticket to the Texas A&M game and three other games of your choice for $160 per pack. That is a $7 per ticket savings off the individual game ticket price. In addition, season tickets are still available for only $190, which is only $27 per game.
 10 years ago '04        #1702
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,669 | Props total: 3664 3664
list of freshman #'s

[pic - click to view]

07-14-2007, 07:47 AM         #1703
Sh0wty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone here hitting Canesfest?

BTW.. I got those DVD's if anyone interested..
 10 years ago '04        #1704
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
the best damn Hester Picture ever

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #1705
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Frank Gore

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #1706
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Jeremy Shockey

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #1707
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #1708
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #1709
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #1710
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

10 years ago '04        #1711
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
Graig Cooper already got clout with that #2... damn
 10 years ago '04        #1712
madness 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$12,908 | Props total: 2433 2433
doug wiggin's got big shoes to fill with #20
no shawnbrey mcneal?
 07-14-2007, 11:09 AM         #1713
Sh0wty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
CRIP Can you get me that new article on rivals about an OL Visiting this weekend?
 07-14-2007, 11:30 AM         #1714
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just a couple of thoughts on the Numbers.. Coop got McGahee, Hankerson will beast in the 85, Perry with 98=SICK, MY n*gga Wiggins in 20
 10 years ago '04        #1715
Javon23 252 heat pts252
space
space
$45,086 | Props total: 6183 6183
remember the day
September 11, 2010
The Day Miami Will Come To The Horse Shoe
And Get Owned...........
 10 years ago '04        #1716
madness 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$12,908 | Props total: 2433 2433
 Javon23 said:
remember the day
September 11, 2010
The Day Miami Will Come To The Horse Shoe
And Get Owned...........
refs wont screw us over two times in a row
fu*k outta here
 07-14-2007, 12:34 PM         #1717
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 14, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

He's the fastest man on the team.

And with that comes pressure to be a playmaker.

Receiver Sam Shields, who clocked in at 4.26 seconds in the 40-yard dash in testing – almost a full tenth of a second faster than runner-up Bruce Johnson – has high expectations for himself as a sophomore.

"I just have to stay in the film room and keep running my routes, caching balls with the quarterbacks and have a successful year," Shields said.

What is Shields doing different from a year ago?

"I'm working harder," he said. "Coaches know I can help the team out, stay on me to work harder and I'm working harder to help the team."

Shields knows the receiving corps is largely untested. Lance Leggett has been inconsistent, Darnell Jenkins has never broken through, and Shields had a couple of big games but disappeared in others last season.

So what is to be expected from this year's receiver group?

"We have a lot of talent," Shields said. "We're all working hard and competing for a position. It's going to be a fun year.

"Everybody's coming along and helping each other. Everybody's working hard. It's all about quality work."

Shields also expects the true freshmen to make an immediate impact.

"I think all of them should help out right away," Shields said. "Kayne (Farquharson), those guys are working hard."

The new offense under coordinator Patrick Nix will in large part dictate UM's fortunes, as the defense is again expected to be strong.

So what should be expected for a one-year turnaround?

"Last year it seemed we weren't working together, but this year everyone's coming along and it seems we're getting back that swagger," Shields said. "We were too laid-back last year, and now it's really coming along. Everyone's getting on each other. It's exciting."

* Of what is different under Randy Shannon, Shields said, "It's a lot more discipline. He's not relaxing on anybody. He's really trying to win the national championship, and that's what we need."

* Of freshman quarterback Robert Marve, Shields said, "He's got a nice, strong arm. All the quarterbacks look good."

* Shields says he hopes to be a returner this year. As a senior in high school he returned six kickoffs and two punts for touchdowns.

* The outlook of the team?

"Everybody's ready to get after it," Shields said. "Everyone's competing to work harder. Everybody's helping each other. It's coming along."
 07-14-2007, 12:35 PM         #1718
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 13, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Matt Patchan bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center

Seffner (FL) Armwood High School OL Matt Patchan has already taken unofficial visits this summer to LSU, Florida, Florida State and Georgia.

He says one of his favorite memories from those trips was meeting Bobby Bowden.

"One of the things I thought was cool was I got a chance to sit down and talk with coach Bowden, the winningest coach in DI football," Patchan said. "I can tell my grandchildren that. That was the most interesting thing I've done."

Patchan adds of the trips that "Every time I go to a different college I learn something new. I try to pick things up along the way. It's helped narrow things down. I know what I'm looking for and where the best talent is."

But he's not publicly ruling out any schools just yet.

And the next and last trip of the summer for Patchan is to Miami this weekend.

"I'll be down there Friday morning and will stay there and leave late on Sunday to come back," he said. "I'll see the facilities. The main thing is I want to sit down and talk with coach (Randy) Shannon and coach (Clint) Hurtt and see how they feel about me playing some defense. I'll talk to coach (Andreu) Swasey, have a conversation with him and talk with coach (Jeff) Stoutland – I've already talked to him on many occasions."

Patchan is already well acquainted with UM's campus. He's been to Coral Gables so often in his life he can't even count how many times he's been there.

He has a long family history at UM: His father Matt played at Miami from 1985-87; his uncle, Danny Mariscal, played at UM (1985-86), as did his father's cousin, Clem Barbarino (1978-81).

Barbarino was roommates with former Cane coach Art Kehoe, and Kehoe coached Patchan's father.

"I have family in Miami, and my mom and her family grew up in Key West, are seventh generation there," Patchan said.

Patchan says even is his visit to UM this weekend goes perfectly he won't be making any quick decisions.

"I'm not going to narrow it down until the beginning of football season, will narrow it to two or three then," he says. "I'm not going to commit anywhere (soon) based on how my trips go or how Miami is."

Of where the Canes stand in his recruiting picture entering the visit, he says, "Miami's always going to be in it because of the family and history we have there. But it's not about that. I'm not making a decision based on that. The team that's best for me that will develop me to be the best I can is where I will go. I need the very best of the best to coach me and develop me as a man."
 10 years ago '04        #1719
Javon23 252 heat pts252
space
space
$45,086 | Props total: 6183 6183
 madness said:
refs wont screw us over two times in a row
fu*k outta here
excuses excuses
 07-14-2007, 06:07 PM         #1720
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
July 14, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Marcus Robinson bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center

Homestead High School LB Marcus Robinson made his college decision today.

Kind of.

He committed to Hurricane coaches but says he will be taking other visits.

"I committed," Robinson told CaneSport. "I just thought it was a good spot for me. They reacted great to it were real excited."

Asked where else he's planning to visit, Robinson said, "I don't know where yet."

He has previously mentioned USC, LSU, Florida, Florida State and Michigan as schools he would like to visit.

If he does wind up at Miami in the end, Robinson's high school coach, Bobby McCray, knows the Canes have a great prospect on their hands.

"He's an old-fashioned type UM player," McCray said. "His athleticism is second to none. He comes off the edge with such a great first step. He's the leader of the team.

"I don't like to look at four stars, five stars, but (Miami's) getting one of the top players in the country."

A reason Robinson decided on UM is his close relationship with Michael Barrow, the Hurricane linebacker coach who was coaching Robinson at Homestead High last year.

"The coaches say they want me to come and compete for a job," said Robinson, who is also close friends with former teammate and Cane freshman Joseph Nicolas.

Robinson ended his junior year with 22 sacks and 86 tackles. He also had three defensive touchdowns.

Robinson is the nation's fourth-ranked outside linebacker prospect. He also is the No. 9 overall prospect in the state of Florida and the No. 67 overall prospect in America according to Rivals.com.
Home      

most viewed right now
Lil mama a thot, and she got ass And she gon' fu-k up a bag
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
the ig is @hotisraeliarmygirls
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah Badu Has switched sides now
86 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside The truth about the United States, the law... & YOU.
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When u get caught by ur daddy :mjlol:
66 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dame Dash Claims He Aint Know About The Ebay Auction
79 comments
2 days ago