Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1661
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 3 3
Anyone got any info on Benjamin Jones. He has Ohio State in his top 3 (with Miami and LSU) but we are the only one of the 3 not to offer.
 06-20-2007, 03:54 PM         #1662
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 13, 2007

Cliff Edwards
TigerBait.com

Talk about it in Football Recruiting Board
Miami (FL) Northwestern's Benjamin Jones could turn out to be a big time signing for one lucky school this recruiting season. Big is what Benjamin Jones is. At 6-6, 270 pounds, Jones is a beast of a defensive end. But he's also got above average speed for his size, running the 40-yard dash in 4.7 seconds.

Jones is being courted by LSU defensive line coach Earl Lane
Jones is being recruited by LSU defensive line coach Earl Lane. The big man says Lane dropped by his school this spring to see him in action, and that he hears from the LSU coaches regularly

"I talk to coach Lane," he said. "He just tells me how nice it would be for me to come up there. He asked me what I want to play, tackle or end, and I said it doesn't matter."

Scholarship offers have been extended to Jones from both LSU and the University of Miami. He lists both schools in his top three along with Ohio State.

Jones said playing time, academics – he wants to major in automotive engineering – and a school's surroundings are all important things to him when it comes to making a final decision. But he's also leaning toward leaving the state of Florida, which could bode well for the Tigers.

"LSU is big time school, and a winning school," he said. "I want to go somewhere that wins. And it's out of state, so it's somewhere I can go to get away for a while.

"I'd like to get away from home, see some things."

Jones has been by the Miami campus so far this year, but he doesn't have much planned out in the way of unofficial visits this summer. He said he plans on visiting LSU officially after his senior season, and that he'll wait until signing day to announce his decision.

I think this is the same guy that missed all junior year and most camps with and injury? I heard hes an LSU lean but I dunno much more.. Kid seems to have freak speed.. Scouts say a lot of people are looking and he has a lot options.. Kid looks like a freak at DE
 06-20-2007, 03:59 PM         #1663
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I am not going to say a lot on this subject because I dont want to speak out of school on something I know very little about and coaches obviously dont and cant discuss these things but.....I have heard through some folks that his presence in this class is not guaranteed due to some various issues at school. At this point, I think Streeter might be much more likely to be in the class on signing day.

Take it for what its worth.. I heard hes going to Summer School and getting everything in order.. And if it all goes well he will be a Cane.. Thats why he wasn't sure about signing and what not. Im getting sick of this were all holy bullsh*t the Admins and coaches are doing, how many players are we gonna lose out on because they might cause a problem.. Erickson woulda pulled the trigger and been done with this.. Shannon needs to take a stand who cares about the media as long as you win
 9 years ago '05        #1664
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 3 3
 RakimAllahNY said:
[B]June 13, 2007

I think this is the same guy that missed all junior year and most camps with and injury? I heard hes an LSU lean but I dunno much more.. Kid seems to have freak speed.. Scouts say a lot of people are looking and he has a lot options.. Kid looks like a freak at DE
Yeah I know he missed he missed a year, which is why having an LSU and Miami offer are all the more impressive.

If his weight measurments on Scout are correct, 280, he will not be a DE.
 06-20-2007, 04:20 PM         #1665
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The quotes about Aldarius Johnson... I guess his problem is his behavior in his high school.. Thats just whats on the Miami message board.. The guys usual right, but I heard that as long as hes not in any big trouble hes a Cane.. Hes like Devin, he wants to be a cane threw and threw but can he stay outta trouble
 06-20-2007, 04:21 PM         #1666
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Y2Luda said:
Yeah I know he missed he missed a year, which is why having an LSU and Miami offer are all the more impressive.

If his weight measurments on Scout are correct, 280, he will not be a DE.

Thats just what i guess LSU wants him at.. On Rivals they say he runs a 4.6 .. And End or Tackle and I guess they said End...
 9 years ago '04        #1667
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
my lil cuzzo is a senior at northwestern....he says that n*gga aldarius is a knucklehead, but that most of the football players are
sh*t i know i'd be kinda rowdy if i had D-1 offers comin in from all over
 06-20-2007, 05:02 PM         #1668
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Short 25 second film.. Nice drive against Booker T.. Kid can make the throws
 9 years ago '04        #1669
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 madness said:
my lil cuzzo is a senior at northwestern....he says that n*gga aldarius is a knucklehead, but that most of the football players are
sh*t i know i'd be kinda rowdy if i had D-1 offers comin in from all over
All the n*ggas from the West act like they big sh*t, but they got a right to do that because they're good as fu*k and the fact that the school is one of the only things that Liberty City should be proud of.
 9 years ago '04        #1670
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
new sig
 06-20-2007, 06:54 PM         #1671
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
James knows whats up

Damn I can't wait for the season, but I def don't want summer to be over either.. damn it
 9 years ago '04        #1672
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
All the n*ggas from the West act like they big sh*t, but they got a right to do that because they're good as fu*k and the fact that the school is one of the only things that Liberty City should be proud of.
man, liberty city is a slum within a slum...but you know a lotta of them cats been playin ball together since they were jits at optimist
 9 years ago '04        #1673
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
that news on Aldarius Johnson is old news...we all knew he had some issues he needs to work out a while ago.

kid will be a Cane bank on it.

if not i will eat crow.
 9 years ago '04        #1674
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Echos of Santana
Recruiting Update

By Allen Wallace
National Recruiting Editor
Posted Jun 19, 2007

Travis Benjamin favors Miami solidly over LSU, Florida, Florida State and Ohio State. He says he grew up following the 'Canes. "They were always a great team and I liked how they played as one and had great team unity," Benjamin said. "They have great history overall. It's a nice private school and they have good academics. I also like the new coaches too. They seem really honest..."

Travis Benjamin, the 5-foot-11, 160-pound wide receiver from Glades Central High School in Belle Glade, Fla., finished his junior season with 30 receptions for 700 yards and 15 touchdowns. "My speed and leaping ability are my strengths," Benjamin said. "I'm also very agile and I like to think I'm like Santana Moss.

"I want to get more physical and be more aggressive with the ball."

Benjamin benches 205 pounds, squats 305 and has a 34-inch vertical jump. He runs the forty in 4.45.

His first scholarship offer was from Mississippi in November and he said he also has offers from Miami, LSU and Auburn.

Benjamin favors Miami solidly over LSU, Florida, Florida State and Ohio State. He says he grew up following the 'Canes. "They were always a great team and I liked how they played as one and had great team unity," Benjamin said. "They have great history overall. It's a nice private school and they have good academics. I also like the new coaches too. They seem really honest."

The 'Canes are less than two hours from his house, while the Gators and Seminoles are about four to five hours away. "I'm hearing from both of them, but we haven't talked about offering yet," he said.

Benjamin says he may go to a few camps this summer, however, he doesn't have any scheduled yet. "I really want a chance to play early," he said. "I need to check out their depth chart and see who they have and what they need. Hopefully, I'll make my decision by the middle of the season."

Recently, Benjamin visited LSU and came away impressed by the Tigers. "I went there like two weeks ago and I really like the staff," Benjamin said. "We really got along well. I also like the location because it's by the river and very nice."

Another school that Benjamin said he'd really like to visit is Ohio State. "They have a great program and produce great players," he said. "They are always competing for the national championship and I'd like to visit them and see what it's like there. I don't care about the distance and my parents said that it's my decision."

He is also recruited to run track, but says he'll "stick with football." Benjamin runs the 100m (10.6) and the 400m (48.8).

Benjamin reports a 2.8 core GPA and a 17 ACT.

Film:
 9 years ago '04        #1675
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Florida LB Names Favorite
Lerentee McCray
Lerentee McCray

[pic - click to view]

By Mike Bakas

Posted Jun 19, 2007

Dunnellon High standout Lerentee McCray is one of the top linebacker prospects in the state of Florida this year and he talked about the latest.

Lerentee McCray is enjoying his summer so far.

"Things are going good," McCray said. "We have a passing tournament tomorrow. I've been doing a lot of stuff with my team, getting ready for the season."

McCray, 6-foot-2 and 205 pounds, took an unofficial visit to Florida over the weekend.

"Me and my uncle went there on Saturday," he said. "We just went to hang out, see how things were going. We got shown around the campus and I was basically with Coach Strong all day. Coach Mullen is my recruiting coach but Coach Strong's my position coach. The visit went very well. That's a good school."

Despite the good visit to the nearby program, McCray names another school his current favorite.

"Right now Miami is on top," he said. "That's my dream school and I'm liking them more than the rest right now. Just the coaching staff, everything. Overall, they're my top school."

McCray, who visited Florida State earlier this month, said he plans on taking two more visits later this summer.

"My coach is probably gonna take me up to visit LSU and Auburn sometime next month," he said. "I wanna check these schools out before I take my official visits to see where I really wanna go for those."
 9 years ago '04        #1676
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
man, liberty city is a slum within a slum...but you know a lotta of them cats been playin ball together since they were jits at optimist
yeh that's right... ain't goin lie, playing against the west at Traz powell is one helluva thrill... about 10 thousand people show up, mad crowds and everything... i remember playing them my junior year in high school, we almost beat them, score was 10-7 and everything, but oh well.. always had respect for them really.
 9 years ago '04        #1677
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
une 20, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Randy Shannon has already landed 10 commitments for the Class of 2008.

And two of the more recent commits – Jordan Futch and Jacory Harris – are working together to make sure the rest of the class fills out as strongly as possible.

Futch says he is working hard on 10 recruits to try and get them to UM
"I just got off the phone with Jordan," Harris said. "We're trying to get guys to come to Miami with us. We just talk about how great things are in the future, how everything's going to turn out good if all of us decide to go to this one place, how we can bring Miami back to the old days."

For his part, Futch says he's after 10 recruits to choose UM. And he says there are "three top, top playes from right here down in Miami" that he thinks are already planning to come.

He's not identifying the players to preserve their right to announce when they are ready.

"I'm working pretty strong, telling guys to come along with me," Futch said. "The selling point is that family environment where everyone's together. It's not only just one offense and one defense; it's a whole family-oriented team."

What kind of feedback is Futch getting when he sells fellow recruits on the Miami program?

"It looks like everyone wants to come on board," Futch said. "It's just a case of people keeping their options open right now. There's a lot of great programs out there. At the same time a lot of them are very, very interested in us."

He says, of the 10 recruits he's working on hardest, "I'd say eight for sure come to Miami."

If you played the `Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' game with Futch or Harris, about every top player in Broward and Dade County would be represented.

"My mom's best friend is Jacory's aunt, and I played on the same Optimist team with Aldarius (Johnson)," Futch said. "I played against Brandon Harris, Davon Johnson, all those guys. Even up to Palm Beach, I know people up there from my family, and Jacory knows people there, too."

For his part, Jacory Harris is getting ready to work hard on landing other offensive playmakers.

"I texted DJ [Davon Johnson] and said `Whenever you feel like you want to make that choice, that's your decision, go with it wherever you want to go,'" Harris said. "I'm not going to say `Just come to Miami, come to Miami.' It's where you feel comfortable."

But Harris says he'll take a different approach with a handful of his teammates that have UM offers.

"I'm just telling them to come to Miami with me," he said. "Most likely they'll be coming with me. I'm not too much worried about it. They're going to come."

Harris says he'll "personally drive" teammate Aldarius Johnson to UM if the receiver isn't publicly committed soon.

For his part, Futch sees this recruiting class as a turning point for UM's program.

"I would say this class is the key to UM's success in the future," he said. "This class right here, being that it's coach (Randy) Shannon's first class as head coach, this is an important, key class that will set Miami up to be like the old Miami teams and better. That's the goal. And this class is what needs to happen.

"We have guys like Kayne (Farquharson), Demarcus (VanDyke), key players, a quarterback like Robert Marve this year, but this class is the backdrop that will set that initial punch. It's up to us to turn it around."

What will happen if this class turns out the way Futch and Harris envision?

"Coach Shannon said if we get all the guys from Pahokee down, who can stop us?" Futch said. "We get all those guys, the U can't lose.

"We're going to shock the NCAA."
 9 years ago '06        #1678
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
damn McCray would just be icing on the cake if the other LB's that are suppose to be Canes Sign

:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:
 9 years ago '04        #1679
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
madness..... post in the jukebox so we can prop u and get u out of negative points
 9 years ago '04        #1680
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
madness..... post in the jukebox so we can prop u and get u out of negative points
okay, i made a post in the sportcenter over there...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy