70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
154 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-19-2007, 02:12 PM         #1641
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"Patrick Nix did a great job last year adjusting to what we did as a defense," said Shannon, who spent the last six seasons as Miami's defensive coordinator. "And as we adjusted on defense, he adjusted on offense again to keep us off balance. Imagine what he'll do against other defenses."

Nix proved last year he knows how to get the ball to a team's top playmaker.

Georgia Tech had received plenty of criticism before last season for not using All-America receiver Calvin Johnson often enough. Johnson caught 76 passes for 1,202 yards and 15 touchdowns last season to shatter his previous career highs in all three categories. However, Johnson was held without a catch against Clemson and had only one reception against Georgia.

"The biggest thing I learned is the game doesn't revolve around one person," Nix said. "Last year at times we got ourselves into trouble trying to force it in to him too much when they double- and triple-teamed him. There were other opportunities and other things open, and we were sitting there thinking we've got to get the ball to Calvin. It put him in bad situations and put (quarterback) Reggie (Ball) in a bad position.

"You have to use everybody. It's not just a one-man show. But at the same time, you do have to understand and realize how important it is to use the guys you do have."

Before he can get the ball to his playmakers at Miami, Nix must identify them.

WHO'S THE QUARTERBACK?
Miami offensive coordinator Patrick Nix's biggest preseason dilemma is to help decide on the Hurricanes' starting quarterback. Senior Kyle Wright and junior Kirby Freeman received ample playing time last fall. Here's a look at the year-by-year statistics of both players.
KIRBY FREEMAN
Year Comp. Att. Yards TDs INTs Rushes Yards TDs
2005 15 31 183 2 2 8 38 0
2006 59 108 872 7 8 41 109 1
Totals 74 139 1,055 9 10 49 147 1
KYLE WRIGHT
Year Comp. Att. Yards TDs INTs Rushes Yards TDs
2004 5 9 30 0 0 7 -43 0
2005 180 307 2,403 18 10 64 -101 1
2006 152 250 1,655 8 7 49 -21 0
Totals 337 566 4,058 26 17 120 -165 1
Miami returns nobody who caught more than 37 passes last year, though former five-star prospect Lance Leggett bounced back from a disappointing 2005 and showed signs of living up to his promise. Miami's top weapon on offense last year was Greg Olsen, an underutilized tight end who went to the Chicago Bears in the first round of the NFL Draft.

Nix acknowledged the team's lack of depth on offense, but he still believes the Hurricanes have enough talent to challenge for conference supremacy.

"I don't think the number of guys we have here is quite what we want and expect for the future," Nix said, "but there is enough here that if we stay healthy, we'll be in every game and we'll give ourselves a chance to win every game."

The Hurricanes also must choose a starting quarterback.

Kyle Wright has started each of the last two years, but he missed the final four games of the 2006 season with a broken thumb. Kirby Freeman replaced Wright and led Miami to victories over Boston College and Nevada in the Hurricanes' final two games.

Freeman provides more mobility, but he also has thrown more interceptions than touchdown passes in his career. The Hurricanes might not declare a winner of this competition until shortly before the Sept. 1 season opener against Marshall.

"There's no timetable right now on who's going to be named the starter," said Nix, the starting quarterback at Auburn from 1993-94. "We're going to let it play its way out and just see what happens in the fall. I don't think it will happen early. It will probably be closer to a game-time or game-week decision."

Nix might remain unsure about Miami's quarterback situation, but he's much more certain about one thing. The tumult of 2006 hasn't done irreparable harm to the Hurricanes' confidence.

"I'll tell you this," Nix said. "I wouldn't spend my hours in this office if we didn't think we could go out there and win every game. I'm not going to say we're going to do it. I don't know. We'll have to play them on the field. But if I didn't think we could do it, I'd be spending more time with my family and I don't think those kids would be out there k!lling themselves to get ready for the season like they're doing."

That represents quite a proclamation regarding a team that barely finished over .500 last season.

Nix now wants to see his offense make a similar statement on the field.
 06-19-2007, 02:25 PM         #1642
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '04        #1643
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
 RakimAllahNY said:

[pic - click to view]

i'm jackin that right quick, lol
 9 years ago '04        #1644
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 RakimAllahNY said:

[pic - click to view]

ahh sweet.. i'm taking one of em
 06-20-2007, 08:29 AM         #1645
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
June 18, 2007

Matt Hayes

Talk about it in the Message Boards
Look for Miami to move its home games to Dolphin Stadium beginning in 2008. Although the university's lease with the Orange Bowl is through 2009, the Canes will pay to break it and move to the upscale stadium 15 miles north of the Coral Gables campus. The city of Miami has offered to make $200 million in renovations to the Orange Bowl, but university officials aren't convinced that's enough. Recruiting has suffered because the dilapidated facility is among the worst in the nation. . . .

I hope we Stay in the O.B.

I dont see the move to Dolphin Stadium with too many positives..
 06-20-2007, 08:33 AM         #1646
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
i'm jackin that right quick, lol
Took it too..
 9 years ago '04        #1647
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1402 1402
had to take it to...lol

now lets see if i can get it to work
 9 years ago '06        #1648
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,724 | Props total: 12271 12271
why is it not coming up for me

do u put in your sig like you put a picture in a regular post?

9 years ago '05        #1649
stillsouf 
space
space
$919 | Props total: 6 6
fear the spear.
 9 years ago '06        #1650
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 stillsouf said:
fear the spear.
corny

* tosses cheese *

:rasta:
 9 years ago '04        #1651
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
 P. Dedos said:
why is it not coming up for me

do u put in your sig like you put a picture in a regular post?

User CP > Edit Signature > Insert Pic in signature > paste this link:
 9 years ago '06        #1652
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 madness said:
User CP > Edit Signature > Insert Pic in signature > paste this link:
thank you sir
 06-20-2007, 12:50 PM         #1653
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stillsouf said:
fear the spear.
fu*k out here with that gay sh*t..
 06-20-2007, 01:46 PM         #1654
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its good to see that bar in everyones sig we run the BX..

06-20-2007, 01:47 PM         #1655
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 20, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Randy Shannon has already landed 10 commitments for the Class of 2008.

And two of the more recent commits Jordan Futch and Jacory Harris are working together to make sure the rest of the class fills out as strongly as possible.

Futch says he is working hard on 10 recruits to try and get them to UM
"I just got off the phone with Jordan," Harris said. "We're trying to get guys to come to Miami with us. We just talk about how great things are in the future, how everything's going to turn out good if all of us decide to go to this one place, how we can bring Miami back to the old days."

For his part, Futch says he's after 10 recruits to choose UM. And he says there are "three top, top playes from right here down in Miami" that he thinks are already planning to come.

He's not identifying the players to preserve their right to announce when they are ready.

"I'm working pretty strong, telling guys to come along with me," Futch said. "The selling point is that family environment where everyone's together. It's not only just one offense and one defense; it's a whole family-oriented team."

What kind of feedback is Futch getting when he sells fellow recruits on the Miami program?

"It looks like everyone wants to come on board," Futch said. "It's just a case of people keeping their options open right now. There's a lot of great programs out there. At the same time a lot of them are very, very interested in us."

He says, of the 10 recruits he's working on hardest, "I'd say eight for sure come to Miami."

If you played the `Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' game with Futch or Harris, about every top player in Broward and Dade County would be represented.

"My mom's best friend is Jacory's aunt, and I played on the same Optimist team with Aldarius (Johnson)," Futch said. "I played against Brandon Harris, Davon Johnson, all those guys. Even up to Palm Beach, I know people up there from my family, and Jacory knows people there, too."

For his part, Jacory Harris is getting ready to work hard on landing other offensive playmakers.

"I texted DJ [Davon Johnson] and said `Whenever you feel like you want to make that choice, that's your decision, go with it wherever you want to go,'" Harris said. "I'm not going to say `Just come to Miami, come to Miami.' It's where you feel comfortable."

But Harris says he'll take a different approach with a handful of his teammates that have UM offers.

"I'm just telling them to come to Miami with me," he said. "Most likely they'll be coming with me. I'm not too much worried about it. They're going to come."

Harris says he'll "personally drive" teammate Aldarius Johnson to UM if the receiver isn't publicly committed soon.

For his part, Futch sees this recruiting class as a turning point for UM's program.

"I would say this class is the key to UM's success in the future," he said. "This class right here, being that it's coach (Randy) Shannon's first class as head coach, this is an important, key class that will set Miami up to be like the old Miami teams and better. That's the goal. And this class is what needs to happen.

"We have guys like Kayne (Farquharson), Demarcus (VanDyke), key players, a quarterback like Robert Marve this year, but this class is the backdrop that will set that initial punch. It's up to us to turn it around."

What will happen if this class turns out the way Futch and Harris envision?

"Coach Shannon said if we get all the guys from Pahokee down, who can stop us?" Futch said. "We get all those guys, the U can't lose.

"We're going to shock the NCAA."
 9 years ago '06        #1656
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
:applause: :wow: :applause: :wow: :applause: :wow: :applause: :wow:

good looks rakim
 06-20-2007, 02:08 PM         #1657
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 20, 2007

Brian Mohr
HokieHaven.com

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Want to save money on your subscription? Upgrade to yearly billing. For more information, Click Here

Four-star wide receiver T.J. Lawrence has come up with a top five. The Lakeland (Fla.) Kathleen wideout holds offers from all five schools. Despite announcing favorites the 6-foot-1, 185-pounder will wait on making a decision.

Lawrence continues to favor Boise State and Virginia Tech.
"I would say I have a top five and it would probably be Virginia Tech, Boise State, Boston College, Miami and Iowa," he said. "Boston College is big because my quarterback is going there, Dominique Davis (2007). I already have the chemistry going with him. Iowa I like because I would probably be the tallest wide receiver there, while Miami puts a lot of receivers into the NFL.

"As for Virginia Tech and Boise State, I've liked them from the start. I'm not really favoring one over the other, but I may go to officials to both. I like Boise's whole program. They were No. 4 in the country last year and are on the rise.

"Virginia Tech's defense is No. 1 in the country and they are looking at me as a cornerback. They have so many players returning and I've been in regular contact with coach Gray. He's a cool person, one of the coolest coaches I know."

Although Lawrence isn't sure about taking any more unofficials, he confirmed that he will take all five of his officials this fall before making a decision after the season.

Recently the Rivals250 prospect attended camp at Troy.

"It was pretty tight and I did well," he said. "The coaches there said I'd start right away and overall it was a nice camp.

"Right now the only other camp I know of this summer is with my team. We're doing seven-on-sevens at South Florida."

Lawrence accounted for 1,245 yards receiving and 15 total touchdowns last season. He added 40 tackles, two sacks and five interceptions on defense.
 9 years ago '05        #1658
booker20 
space
space
$10,295 | Props total: 0 0
this UM-FSU rivalry gon nice for the next 5 years wit these recruiting classes we bringin in....
 9 years ago '04        #1659
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
 RakimAllahNY said:

[pic - click to view]

i gotta get this
 9 years ago '05        #1660
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 P. Dedos said:
:applause: :wow: :applause: :wow: :applause: :wow: :applause: :wow:

good looks rakim
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ronnie from Jersey Shore is dating someone from the Kardashians
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
52 comments
1 day ago