Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
122 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Slim Jesus Current State of Life
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kidd Kidd EXPOSES Lil Wayne's Ghostwriters & SLAMS Him For His Black Li..
63 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #1601
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Patrick Nix Unfiltered

Patrick Nix said he's thrown Miami's old offense out. Scrapped it completely, and I'm sure he got no objection from Boss Cane! The Hurricanes have started fresh with new terminology, new plays, new signals, and did so without Nix even looking at what the team did last year. According to Nix there was no need to because he wanted a fresh and unbiased opinion.

"I have no idea of anything they did last year," Nix said back in April when the Hurricanes were conducting spring practice.

This Unfiltered is old. I put it together then k!lled it after I concluded a few days later that NO ONE gets an unfiltered until they've done something to deserve one. Now that I'm leaving the beat I figured what's the harm. It's old, but still informative, and I'm sure it will help U and whoever comes after me learn a little about the new offensive coordinator, and the background he has that makes Randy Shannon confident he can fix Miami's quarterback problems.

How would you evaluate where the development of the offense is (this was back in the middle of spring practices)?

"We know it's going to be ugly at times. On Friday we had three plays that literally in the season will be touchdowns. The guys know it. We didn't hit them today because it's the first time they ever ran it, but they see it and they are excited. They know it's going to be there, just relax. It's not going to be our staple, but it's the stuff we're going to run every once in a while and we need to make sure it fits us so we have to get it repped....We've come a long way in two and a half weeks. We've pretty much got everything in, and then some."

I know you coaches hate the impression that it's a quarterback controversy, but what are your impressions of the quarterbacks so far this spring? What have you seen from Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman - and maybe some of the other guys - that has peaked your interest?

"They both throw it well. They both are competing well. We are throwing a lot at them. They are having to learn brand new signals and everything. Everything they are doing right now is really foreign to them. For what's being thrown at them and what they have to handle they are both doing good. There is a lot of pressure on them. I'm putting a lot of pressure on them to do well. There will be a lot of pressure on them this fall, and this season. That first Saturday against Marshall, if you think pressure out here is big, wait till then! But both of them are handling it well. Both are very coachable, work extremely had and want to do great. If they continue to work and do what they are doing they will both help us out a lot."

I don't know what you're train of thought is, but could you envision yourself playing two quarterbacks this season?

"We're going to do what it takes to win. If that means we play an offensive tackle at quarterback. If that means we play four quarterbacks, we're going to do whatever it takes to win and that's the bottom line. Whoever gives us the best opportunity to win. It may be that this guy plays better in these plays so he plays for this particular situation, and that guy plays for these situations. Whatever we have to do to win. If there is one guy that can do it all and help us win then one guy will do it all. If one guy can help us in a role and we win, we will do that. Personally I think the quarterback position is a whole lot different than other positions because sometimes you may have a role at another position and you can help the team in that role. Then you have to know your role and all you've got to do is go out there and execute. Sometimes that role is to sit on the sidelines and be that second quarterback and always be ready to play. Sometimes that role is to play ten snaps a game. You never know. When I played my senior year it was frustrating for me as a starter but my backup did all the goal line because he was a better athlete and put more pressure on the defense. It was just part of it. He didn't play a lot but he played enough to be very effective and that was the way it was. I've been there and done that and been on both sides of it. Whatever we have to do, whoever we have to play at any position is what the goal is."

I know it's old, but I hope that short Q&A provided U some insight. The last answer is the one that tipped me off that this team might be better off playing both Wright and Freeman early in the season and letting them separate themselves.

Imagine Freeman coming in for running plays, rollouts and short yardage and Wright working the middle of the field, using his superior play-action skills. Both have holes in their game, but together they are a pretty good college quarterback.

Anyone opposed to pulling a Steve Spurrier until one of those quarterbacks stiff-arms the other, winning the job outright?

Deuces.
 06-15-2007, 04:02 PM         #1602
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

June 14, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Christopher Overstreet bio

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas DT Christopher Overstreet cuts quite a figure at 6-foot-0 and 370 pounds.

He says Cane coaches compare him to a past UM standout.

"They say I can do some things like Vince Wilfork, but they want me to shed a few pounds so I can be an every down lineman," Overstreet says.

He lists offers from LSU, Rutgers, Memphis, South Florida, Auburn, Central Michigan, ole Miss, North Carolina and FIU.

The Canes are recruiting him but have not offered.

"I've been talking to coach (Randy) Shannon about once a week; I've been talking to coach (Jeff) Stoutland as well," Overstreet said. "They know I didn't play in the spring because of a knee injury, and they said after the first or second game of the season they'll make a decision on an offer. They want to see some film of that first.

"Coach Stoutland was saying how they really want me. We talk about academics, the history of the program. Coach Shannon, he just tells you how everything is. He's going to tell you the truth. He said I have a chance to come in and play, but you have to compete and work hard."

Overstreet says he'll take unofficial visits to LSU and Miami this summer.

He says he has no clear frontrunners right now but that "If Miami offers they would definitely be in the top 3."
 06-15-2007, 04:03 PM         #1603
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

June 13, 2007

Michael Langston
FlaVarsity.com

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
West Boca Raton TE/DE Nate Nord has seen a dramatic increase in interest from all over the country. But it wasn't until recently that schools started to follow up that interest with offers. FlaVarsity.com spoke with Nord about some big early offers and found out if there is a leader or co-leaders that have separated themselves from the pack.

Could a decision be coming soon for Nord?
Heading into the spring and even summer camps, West Boca Raton TE Nate Nord wanted to increase his exposure. But not even the talented 6-foot-5, 215 pound rising star could have predicted the interest to explode this quickly.

"It's been crazy with the interest, but fun at the same time. Honestly, I just wanted to work hard and get noticed more when I attended the NIKE camps and just different places around the country. I've been very blessed to have some very good coaches help me along the way, but also I have put a lot of work into improving myself as a player," replied Nord.

The interest really started to take off for Nord after a solid performance at the Miami NIKE camp where the West Boca Raton standout started to emerge as a hot commodity shortly thereafter.

"I was pleased in how everything went. You never really know how you are going to perform, but it was a really good experience for me because I played a lot of tight end at the camp which was a position I haven't played before."

That performance was good enough from Nord to reel in offers from Miami, Louisville, South Florida, Western Michigan and Central Florida. Two schools however, seemed to have emerged from the pack.

"I would say Miami and Louisville are the two co-leaders at this point. I have a favorite, but I don't want to say who just yet," said Nord.

Nord went into detail about his two co-leaders and what stands out about each program.

Miami: Miami is very close to home and they have a lot of tradition at the tight end position. I love the history there so I would say that's one of the big draw points with Miami. I have been talking with Coach Stoutland and Coach Pannuzio the most right now from Miami. They text me almost every day in letting me know how interested they are.

Louisville: I like the system they run over there at Louisville. The coach that is recruiting my area is Brent Myers, but if I do decide on them my position coach would be my uncle Greg Nord. I have just spent a lot of time building a strong relationship with Coach Myers there. I also got a chance to meet head coach Steve Kragthorpe and he just mentioned how he thought I would fit into their system really well.

One school that could enter the mix might be the Florida Gators.

"Florida hasn't offered me yet, but I got a chance to meet with Coach Meyer in his office to just talk about the program. I was very impressed with our conversation, but I'm not really sure when they might offer me. I do know they just want to see a little more on me with blocking, but Florida is very interested that much I do know."

As far as a decision goes, Nord doesn't plan on his decision dragging on for several months.

"I'm probably going to make a decision in a couple months just because I want to focus on my season and all this recruiting has taken a toll on me somewhat."

Nord doesn't have any summer visits lined up at this point. He actually plans on taking a little break from the recruiting madness despite all the wild interest lately.

"Yeah it's been pretty crazy so I'm probably not going to take any visits or none that I know of at this point. I'm just going to relax a few weeks, and take a break before I start breaking down a decision."
 06-15-2007, 04:04 PM         #1604
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 15, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas WR Philip Pierre-Louis hasn't gotten much attention from national recruiting services.

But he's getting plenty of attention from the Hurricanes.

"I get mail from Miami a lot, and I've talked to coach (Jeff) Stoutland sometimes," Pierre-Louis said. "He says how it would be nice for me to be a Cane, stuff like that."

So far Pierre-Louis has offers from Mississippi Sate, Bowling Green and Miami (Ohio).

He says "I have no idea if Miami will offer."

The 5-foot-8, 155-pounder who ran a 4.25-second time at the North Broward Prep combine attended the UM summer camp.

"It went well, but I think I could have done better there," Pierre-Louis said. "I talked to the WR coach (Marques Mosely), and he said he'd definitely be in contact with me. They're recruiting me as a receiver and for returns."

Last season Pierre-Louis had four receiving touchdowns and five punt returns for scores. That doesn't including an 88-yard punt return that was called back due to penalty.

"I also had two other touchdown returns called back besides that," Pierre-Louis says. "A lot of people compare me to Santana Moss."

He's also being recruited by some schools as a cornerback – he played that position as a sophomore and had two interceptions before moving to receiver last year.

Pierre-Louis doesn't list any clear favorites right now and says UM, Florida, Notre Dame and Auburn are the schools he's most interested in attending.

Of UM, he says, "I root for Miami, have been a Cane fan since I was young. My father went there but didn't play there. He loves it there. He'd love for me to go there."
 06-15-2007, 04:05 PM         #1605
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

June 15, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Travis Howard bioVideo highlights

Miami (FL) Krop CB Travis Howard spoke with Cane coach Wesley McGriff recently.

"We just talk," Howard said. "Yesterday he was telling me abut how he took his son to the Marlins game. We talk about stuff besides football. We talk some football, but not really."

Howard now lists 15 offers, including Miami, Auburn, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida, FSU and Tennessee.

"I'm taking things in right now," Howard said. "I'm trying to visit a lot of schools and then will limit it down by the end of the summer."

Where does UM stand?

"They're up there," Howard said. "But I haven't really visited the campus. I went out there to the (summer) camp to see, but I haven't really gone around the campus. After I go around the campus I'll see where they're at."

Howard says he plans to take unofficial visits to FSU and Florida next month.

"I don't have a top five yet, but Miami will probably be in there," he says.

How badly do the Canes want him?

"I talk to Miami quite a bit," Howard said. "They just say `We want you here, we can use you.' I tell them I'm looking forward to visiting them."
 06-15-2007, 04:08 PM         #1606
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 14, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Orlando Franklin bio

Hurricane signee Orlando Franklin knows what to expect when his summer workouts begin at UM later this month.

He was at Miami all of last summer – he was even enrolled at school – before the NCAA flagged him for two English classes that they ruled he needed to re-take.

Now Franklin is happy to have that all behind him.

"It just seems like it's been forever since I was at Miami," Franklin said. "I just want to get back out here and back with my brothers.

"I talk to coach (Jeff) Stoutland all the time. He just tells me to keep in my head that if I'm one of the best five on the offensive line I'm going to be somewhere on that line."

Franklin says he's been running and lifting weights to prepare.

And he's also studying a lot of film from the spring.

"The big thing is mentally," Franklin said. "You just watch a lot of film and really learn a lot about the game. I watch the O line cutups, and I'm learning a lot."

Many players said last summer that they expected Franklin to play as a true freshman.

And that hasn't changed.

"I'm in touch with the linemen, and a lot of them feel that I won't be redshirted," Franklin said. "They know I came and know what I did last year. They say I just have to learn the different system (under Patrick Nix and Stoutland) and I'll be alright. It's pretty much the same thing, just different terminology."

Something else different: Franklin says he will be playing left guard. Last year he came in as a right tackle, and he'd only played tackle in high school.

"It's not hard (playing guard)," Franklin said. "The coaches said it's a lot easier to play guard right off the bat and that it will help me out if I can know how to play both positions."

* Franklin will wear uniform No. 74, the same number he was initially a.ssigned last year.
 9 years ago '06        #1607
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,715 | Props total: 12261 12261
 9 years ago '04        #1608
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
patrick nix will be the head coach at auburn after tuberville leaves

he was OC at g tech last year right??

damn he should be able to do big things with that Miami speed
 9 years ago '04        #1609
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
patrick nix will be the head coach at auburn after tuberville leaves

he was OC at g tech last year right??

damn he should be able to do big things with that Miami speed
yeah he was GT's OC
he made their offense look good even though all they had was calvin johnson, should be interesting to see what he does with even more talent
 9 years ago '06        #1610
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,715 | Props total: 12261 12261
yo fam if our passing Offense improves by a good amount we winning the ACC

we've had national championship type of defensive every year and i believe this year will be no diffrent

and our O Line is gonna improve alot this year since they were a overall young O line, and baby james is gonna take care of the rest

all we need is an improved passing attack and we got this ACC on Lock which is easier said than done!!!!

cant wait till september

:rasta:
 9 years ago '06        #1611
ANOMOLIE 
space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
I got a video of Miami in their new uniforms. It's from NCAA 08 on the 360. They look alright. Can't wait to play with them boys.
 9 years ago '05        #1612
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 ANOMOLIE said:
I got a video of Miami in their new uniforms. It's from NCAA 08 on the 360. They look alright. Can't wait to play with them boys.
props i need to upgrade my ps2 to a 360 for this game and gta.
 06-17-2007, 07:03 AM         #1613
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
yo fam if our passing Offense improves by a good amount we winning the ACC

we've had national championship type of defensive every year and i believe this year will be no diffrent

and our O Line is gonna improve alot this year since they were a overall young O line, and baby james is gonna take care of the rest

all we need is an improved passing attack and we got this ACC on Lock which is easier said than done!!!!

cant wait till september

:rasta:

Straight up, Other than the Louisville Game and that Terrible LSU Game, all the others games were meant to be won.. If we had even a DECENT OFFENSE, we would probably have been in the ACC CHAMPIONSHIP the last two years...
 9 years ago '04        #1614
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 madness said:
yeah he was GT's OC
he made their offense look good even though all they had was calvin johnson, should be interesting to see what he does with even more talent
Patrick Nix made that bumass Reggie Ball an okay QB at GT. I'm excited to see what he can do with a couple of better QB's or maybe even with Marve running the show.
 9 years ago '05        #1615
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 3 3
When are ya'll going to get those other Northwestern HS kids to commit?
 9 years ago '05        #1616
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
 ANOMOLIE said:
man fu*k work and their firewall protection bullsh*t labeling this pr0nography
 9 years ago '04        #1617
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Jacory Harris
QB | 6'3" 180

Hometown: Miami, FL
School: Miami Northwestern High School
Region: South

Scouts Grade: ESPN 150 Watch List
Considered: 1-Miami (FL) , 2-LSU , 3-Boston College , 4-Minnesota , 5-Central Florida

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evaluation: For a guy who is such a good athlete and can make things happen with his legs, Harris has the upside to be just as good a passer in time. He is very much like former Ohio State QB Troy Smith -- a competent passer with the potential to be an excellent passer with some development. He plays in a scheme that really accentuates his strengths. He's in a very deep shotgun on every snap and gets good depth away from the line. They spread it out, which makes him dangerous as a dual-threat guy when things break down because he is an explosive runner with good initial quickness. He is a lanky athlete with good height -- is built like a receiver. He is a shifty and smooth athlete who can create his own plays when the initial play breaks down. He will make people miss, and when he is on the perimeter, he puts tremendous pressure on a defense because he can throw it. He has a whip-like release and more-than-adequate arm strength. He shows enough zip to fit the ball into tight spots when on time and shows solid touch and accuracy on the fade route. He throws very well on the move to either side and can throw across his body. For all of Harris' athletic skills, he can be erratic. Will c*ck and wind-up at times, and delivery mechanics can be inconsistent. Feet are not always set, and his accuracy suffers. Loses power on the deep ball and can only go so far vertically. You worry about the fact that he is rarely, if ever, under center. Overall, Harris is the ultimate spread offense QB -- he can run, he can throw and he is competitive. He is blessed with having great players around him and a scheme that suits him. Needs to be in a similar style at the next level to maximize his tools.

Notes: 2006: 2,920 yards, 37 touchdowns. Also interested in Rutgers, Alabama...
 9 years ago '04        #1618
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Y2Luda said:
When are ya'll going to get those other Northwestern HS kids to commit?
hopefully around the start of football season
i'd rather they take their time tho, not a huge fan of early commits cuz they'll most likely change their minds
 06-17-2007, 07:46 PM         #1619
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
not a huge fan of early commits cuz they'll most likely change their minds
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 9 years ago '04        #1620
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Thearon Collier
WR | 5'10" 170

Hometown: Miami, FL
School: Booker T. Washington High School
Region: South

Scouts Grade: ESPN 150 Watch List
Considered: 1-Miami (FL) , 2-Virginia Tech , 3-Mississippi , 4-Florida , 5-Auburn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evaluation: Collier is a big play wide receiver and return specialist that can really fly. He is sudden, he is explosive and he has the ability to change gears in a hurry. He is one of those players that can tunr a short play into touchdowns and is a field position changer in the return game. He has explosive speed off the line of scrimmage. Gets a lot of respect for his deep speed, which is why he gets room to work underneath. Shows the ability to drive defender off the ball. Is always a vertical threat with excellent speed and the ability to separate. He gets into routes quickly and works to get downfield. Is dangerous in the slot-- has a feel for zones, cans ettle in the hole and is a huge mismatch for safeties. Shows good hands, does a good job of adjusting to ball thrown in the air. Will lay out for ball and can snatch away from his body. Shows good body control. Is not a great route runner yet, but always under control and shows some ability to break route off. Is a huge threat after the catch-- once he gets in open space, look out. He isn't very big, but he is tough and feisty. He will compete for the ball. Needs improve upperbody strength to handle press coverage at the next level if he can't win with initial quickness. Overall, Collier is a gamebreaker in two phases of the game and you can't coach speed. Excellent prospect and coaches would love him at corner too.

Notes: 2006: 34 receptions for 791 yards (23.3 average) and nine touchdowns...all-Dade large school team...all-state as a returner...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
150 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
31 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
131 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
178 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy