NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA My Friend Just Met Klay Thompson
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Transformers: The Last Knight(official trailer)
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 06-11-2007, 12:55 PM         #1581
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 11, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Patrick Johnson bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Hurricane commitment Patrick Johnson decided to attend the June 3-6 Gator Team Camp in Gainesville, working closely with UF coaches and paying for a hotel along with the $260 registration fee.

"My (high school) coach wanted me to go, so I paid the money and went down," Johnson said.

While there Johnson met one-on-one with coach Urban Meyer.

"He said I'd be a four-year starter there," Johnson said. "I just looked at him like `Wow.' When I get to Miami they said I'll get in there and start too, though, that they'll move some cornerbacks around so I can get in there."

Johnson said he wasn't swayed by his time at UF.

"I'm solid to Miami, I'm not taking any more visits," he said.

Johnson says he's hoping to graduate early.

And he's already got a uniform number picked out.

"I talk to the Miami defensive backs coach last Tuesday," Johnson said. "He was talking about when I get there that he'll get me on the field. He asked what number I want, and I said No. 7. Kirby Freeman is No. 7, and he said if I play offense they'll take him out and put someone else in there. I'll play some receiver if they need me to."

He says he also expects to be a kick returner at Miami he had three touchdowns returns this past season.

Johnson says he continues to get recruited by Florida State and Florida.

"Florida State's Mickey Andrews is talking to me," Johnson said. "He says I have to work to start, can't just come and get it."

Among his numerous other offers are USC and LSU.

* Johnson has been selected for the Army All-American Bowl.
 06-11-2007, 12:56 PM         #1582
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 10, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Ronnie Tubbs bioVideo highlights

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Yazoo City (MS) WR Ronnie Tubbs always a.ssumed he would be a Hurricane once he got his academics in order.

But now, with his grades set per NCAA standards, it appears he will not be joining UM as a late signee.

"Miami kind of dropped out of it, stopped calling," Yazoo City coach Tony Woolfolk said. "Ronnie had called me and asked if I'd heard from Miami, and I said, `No.' He hasn't talked to them either. He'd talked to (Joe) Pannunzio a while ago, but they never got a situation after he got his grades. They haven't offered him or said anything about visiting. So he has to kind of move on."

To that end Tubbs will visit Mississippi State this Wed.-Thurs. and may visit Ole Miss after that, according to Woolfolk.

"He has to go somewhere," Woolfolk said. "Summer session is starting and Mississippi State wants to get him down there. All their coaches are on him.

"His mode is `Well, I have to go somewhere where somebody wants me.' Miami's kind of dropped off."

The 6-foot-3, 185 pounds and with 4.45-second speed had 64 receptions for 864 yards and 16 touchdowns this year. As a junior he had 54 catches for 834 yards and 14 scores.
 06-11-2007, 12:56 PM         #1583
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 10, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Tyler Horn bio

Hurricane incoming freshman Tyler Horn says he expects to begin his college career playing center.

That's a position where the Canes are lacking after the graduation of Anthony Wollschlager.

"I played center my sophomore year, was the backup center my whole high school career," Horn said. "I've been working on my snapping. One of my friends catches it for me. It's going real well. Once you learn how to do it, it never leaves you."

Horn says even though he's at a position of need on the line, he wouldn't be surprised if he redshirts.

"I'd like to come with the mentality that I'm not going to redshirt, but in all reality I probably will," he said. "I'll still work as hard as I can to try and start, because that will make me a better player."

Horn says he's working the most on his feet and getting quicker.

"I just work out at my school, jump rope," he said.

The 6-foot-4 Horn weighed in at 285 pounds last year.

He's now up to 294 pounds.

Horn will arrive at UM later this month and will be rooming with Jared Campbell.

Horn says he's already received his Miami acceptance letter.

"I don't know what uniform number I'll get," he said. "I was 63 in high school, so hopefully that. But I don't really care what number I get."
 06-11-2007, 12:57 PM         #1584
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
June 9, 2007

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Caulton Ray bio

Birmingham (MI) Brother Rice RB Caulton Ray still wants to be a Hurricane.

But he missed a golden opportunity to earn a scholarship offer.

Because of his school's finals schedule he couldn't attend the recent UM summer camp and show off in front of Cane coaches.

"I've texted coach (Jeff) Stoutland a lot," Ray said. "I'm trying to set up another day
I can get down there."

Because Ray won't be able to work out in front of coaches, though, it may be tough for him to earn an offer.

"I know they're interested in me, but they have a bunch of offers out and they said they have to wait to see," the 5-foot-9, 195-pounder with 4.47-second speed said.

Ray calls Miami his "dream school."

"If Miami comes with an offer I'd go there," he says. "I'll give it till this summer to see how much they're interested."

Right now he lists offers from five schools, including a recent offer from Cincinnati.

"And I'm going to Nebraska for their camp," he says. "We'll see what happens."
 9 years ago '06        #1585
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12018 12018
While there Johnson met one-on-one with coach Urban Meyer.

"He said I'd be a four-year starter there," Johnson said. "I just looked at him like `Wow.' When I get to Miami they said I'll get in there and start too, though, that they'll move some cornerbacks around so I can get in there."

:wow: :wow:

this boy already got the U swagga!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:
 06-11-2007, 02:32 PM         #1586
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

This is the video of the best college teams ever.. Kirk Herbstriet flips out when Miami and USC are dissed then sh*ts on the whole espn voting and calls out everyone.. This n*gga explains why the 01 Miami is the best team.. "I can stop the option, I bring up 7 first rounders and we stop them".
 9 years ago '05        #1587
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 Sh0wty said:
Yo Folks. I got a little thing going. Im not trying to advertise or Anything. But I got Football Games on DVD from 1981 - 2006. If ya'll looking for them good Memories. Hit me Up! I will send you my list..
im a.ssuming ur selling them? correct?
 9 years ago '04        #1588
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 RakimAllahNY said:

This is the video of the best college teams ever.. Kirk Herbstriet flips out when Miami and USC are dissed then sh*ts on the whole espn voting and calls out everyone.. This n*gga explains why the 01 Miami is the best team.. "I can stop the option, I bring up 7 first rounders and we stop them".
for being an ex-buckeye, herbstreit is cool in my book, he always looks out for miami
 9 years ago '06        #1589
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 madness said:
for being an ex-buckeye, herbstreit is cool in my book, he always looks out for miami
fam hes just speaking the truth

u gotta be kidding me we had players that could of been playing in the NFL at time out there if it wasnt for that 3 year rule in 2001

look at the players that made it, there not only NFL players , there pro bowlers and the best players that play in there position

lou holtz is just mad because that U swagga and most of our players from the hood get mad bi*ch!!!!! i remember that old timer saying that our program was dead this year and that they should just close our program down
:finger: :finger: :finger:

2001 hurricanes is the best football team of all time

and wow @ 70% to 30%

Last edited by DEDOS; 06-12-2007 at 12:41 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #1590
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
yoooo throwback who remembers this play????

i was about to shed a tear at the time real talk went buckwild after he made dat catch, it was about to snap all our ncaa record streaks at the time
 9 years ago '04        #1591
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,790 | Props total: 1395 1395
Miami Lands Major Commitment

[pic - click to view]

The Canes have landed their second quarterback.

And, apparently, their last one.

Miami Northwestern QB Jacory Harris has committed.

"They're only taking two quarterbacks. I was the last one," Harris said.

Harris committed just minutes ago in a phone call with Cane coaches.

Why did Harris commit now?

"I was just watching one of the old games from 2005, UM vs. Clemson and I was picturing myself in a University of Miami uniform," Harris said. "I just said to myself, `the University of Miami is like home to me, where I want to be. It's time for me to make my decision.'"

So he texted coach Walton that he was ready to make a decision.

He followed up with a pohone call.

"I told them all I was ready to commit it was coach Hurtt, coach Shannon, coach Nix, coach Swasey and coach Walton all in the room," Harris said. "As soon as I said that I heard coach Shannon yell `Hey, Jacory just committed.' And the whole office just went wild.

"All the coaches wanted to put their two cents in afterward, were saying it's my time to shine, that the way this thing is looking we'll win probably three win national championships."

Harris says he's happy to have the recruiting process over with.

"It's a relief," he said.

Harris lists 13 scholarship offers right now, including LSU, Alabama, Boston College, Iowa State.

As a junior Harris completed 194 of 285 passes for 2,920 yards with 38 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also rushed for 220 yards and three more scores.

Harris says his teammates call him `Vince Young.'

"It's because of the fact that that's who I used to look up to in my 10th grade year I have his articles from when they won a national championship up in my locker," Harris said.

Harris also has a collage he made that is styled as Chris Leak vs. Vince Young.

"On the left side I have Vince Young, a biography on him," Harris said. "And on the right side I have Chris Leak and his stats. On the top part is a collage of pictures with both of them on the same sheet of paper. That's who I model my style of play after, both of them."

Harris says he is solid to Miami but that he'll take some visits.

"I want to take all my visits because of the fact I want to see everything out there," Harris said. "But I have a saying that a man's word is all he's born with. So it's right to keep his word.

"It's a slim to none chance I'll go anywhere but Miami."

Of his teammates, Harris said, "I hope my two receivers (Aldarius Johnson and Tommy Streeter) come with me. They both said they want to go wherever I go, but they haven't pulled the trigger yet. Aldarius said he'll for sure go where I go. All of my teammates told me when I commit they'll commit. But I don't know if they'll do that."

Film:
 9 years ago '06        #1592
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
two northwestern players down

alot more to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-12-2007, 05:27 PM         #1593
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Big News!!
 9 years ago '04        #1594
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 C.R.I.P. said:
Miami Lands Major Commitment

[pic - click to view]

The Canes have landed their second quarterback.

And, apparently, their last one.

Miami Northwestern QB Jacory Harris has committed.

"They're only taking two quarterbacks. I was the last one," Harris said.

Harris committed just minutes ago in a phone call with Cane coaches.

Why did Harris commit now?

"I was just watching one of the old games from 2005, UM vs. Clemson and I was picturing myself in a University of Miami uniform," Harris said. "I just said to myself, `the University of Miami is like home to me, where I want to be. It's time for me to make my decision.'"

So he texted coach Walton that he was ready to make a decision.

He followed up with a pohone call.

"I told them all I was ready to commit it was coach Hurtt, coach Shannon, coach Nix, coach Swasey and coach Walton all in the room," Harris said. "As soon as I said that I heard coach Shannon yell `Hey, Jacory just committed.' And the whole office just went wild.

"All the coaches wanted to put their two cents in afterward, were saying it's my time to shine, that the way this thing is looking we'll win probably three win national championships."

Harris says he's happy to have the recruiting process over with.

"It's a relief," he said.

Harris lists 13 scholarship offers right now, including LSU, Alabama, Boston College, Iowa State.

As a junior Harris completed 194 of 285 passes for 2,920 yards with 38 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also rushed for 220 yards and three more scores.

Harris says his teammates call him `Vince Young.'

"It's because of the fact that that's who I used to look up to in my 10th grade year I have his articles from when they won a national championship up in my locker," Harris said.

Harris also has a collage he made that is styled as Chris Leak vs. Vince Young.

"On the left side I have Vince Young, a biography on him," Harris said. "And on the right side I have Chris Leak and his stats. On the top part is a collage of pictures with both of them on the same sheet of paper. That's who I model my style of play after, both of them."

Harris says he is solid to Miami but that he'll take some visits.

"I want to take all my visits because of the fact I want to see everything out there," Harris said. "But I have a saying that a man's word is all he's born with. So it's right to keep his word.

"It's a slim to none chance I'll go anywhere but Miami."

Of his teammates, Harris said, "I hope my two receivers (Aldarius Johnson and Tommy Streeter) come with me. They both said they want to go wherever I go, but they haven't pulled the trigger yet. Aldarius said he'll for sure go where I go. All of my teammates told me when I commit they'll commit. But I don't know if they'll do that."

Film:
thats crazy, i was watching that game on CSS just a couple hours ago too... when kenny phillips sealed the game with that pick, and thinkin about how far that team would have gone had tyrone moss not gotten hurt...
good to see jacory on board tho
the days of mediocre QBs is near an end!:applause:
 9 years ago '05        #1595
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 C.R.I.P. said:
Aldarius said he'll for sure go where I go.
:D :applause: hope this comes true.
 9 years ago '04        #1596
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Canes Closing in on Another Commit ?

[pic - click to view]

Miami Northwestern WR Aldarius Johnson is a man of his word.

And he says he plans to keep a promise he made to new Cane QB commitment Jacory Harris.

"I'd told him that whenever he made his decision, I'll go where he's going," Johnson said. "Miami's No. 1 right now by a lot because of [Harris going to UM].

"If everything works out I'll be going to Miami, but I'm going to wait a little bit to commit."

That could mean days, weeks or months.

But the bottom line won't change.

"I want to play with Jacory in college," Johnson said. "He called me this afternoon, said he committed to the U. I was surprised, because I didn't know that was his top school. But then he started telling me about the U. That put them on top."

Johnson lists other frontrnners as LSU, FSU and USC.

He has offers from LSU and FSU but is waiting on an offer from USC.

A 6-foot-4, 212-pounder with 4.4-second speed, he's drawn comparisons to star WR Calvin Johnson. Last year Aldarius had 78 receptions for 1,354 yards with 19 touchdowns.
 9 years ago '04        #1597
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
More Commit Fallout: Will WR Join UM ?

[pic - click to view]

Miami Northwestern High School WR Tommy Streeter got an excited phone call from QB and teammate Jacory Harris this afternoon.

"As soon as he got off the phone with Randy Shannon he called me and told me he committed," Streeter said. "I was like `Did you sit down with your parents and think everything through?' He said `Yeah.'"

Harris told CaneSport.com earlier today that Streeter "said (he wants) to go wherever I go."

Streeter's response to that?

"Yes, I said something like that," Streeter said. "It's possible that'll happen."

But he says it won't happen anytime soon.

Streeter's in no hurry.

He currently lists 12 offers, including Miami, South Carolina, BC and Minnesota.

"I need to research some of these schools," he said. "I want to do some visits before I decide."

Streeter says he has no frontrunners right now.

Of where Miami stands, he said, "It's right here, so it's always in the mix. I visit people and they always say, `We want to see you play; don't make us go watch you and have to wear snow boots and stuff."

Last year Streeter finished with 55 catches for over 800 yards and 14 touchdowns.
 9 years ago '04        #1598
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Local Commitments Coming Soon ?

Miami Northwestern High School DT Marcus Forston got one of the first calls from Jacory Harris after the quarterback committed to UM this afternoon.

"It's great for Jacory, but it doesn't really affect what I'm doing," Forston said. "He called me, told me he was pulling the trigger. I said, `What do you mean?' He said `I just committed.' I said, `Where?' He said to Miami. I was like `That's great!' I said `What made you commit?' And he told me he'd been thinking about it and had been telling his parents the past two days that he wanted to go to Miami."

Forston says he expects close friend Harris to put the full-court press on to try and get him to become a Hurricane.

"I think he'll try to get me to go with him," Forston said. "I'm going to tell him I'm not worrying about that right now.

"There's a lot of great schools out there. Miami's always going to have a spot to me, because that's one of the first colleges that started recruiting me and whatnot."

Forston says to expect a decision from him after his senior season.

Meanwhile he's getting plenty of pressure from friends and acquaintances to stay clos to home.

"People ask what I'm thinking, why I didn't commit yet," Forston said. "I tell them that Miami's not the only school that offered me."

Sean Spence is a Harris teammate that was swayed by the commitment.

At least a little.

"It affects me in a positive way," Spence said. "It's a big family down there. I talked to my parents (about making a decision) and they told me to chill out and wait right now.

"When I talked to Jacory he told me he really wanted to be there, and when he went on an unofficial visit he felt at home there.

Asked if he has a frontrunner, Spence said that "Miami has a slight advantage because they're right here in my backyard. I'll probably commit somewhere after the season."

* DE Benjamin Jones is another Northweestern player with a Cane offer.

He says the Harris commitment doesn't affect his outlook and that he won't announce a decision until Signing Day.

"I'm just waiting, chilling out," he said. "I've got a top 5 Ohio State, LSU, UM, Auburn and Alabama. It's all even."
 9 years ago '06        #1599
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
bhahahahaahahah

ohhhh shyt its going down :wow:
 9 years ago '04        #1600
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Looks like most of these boys from the West finna come to the U. They know what the deal is, them dudes got that right attitude to play for Miami. I'm excited as fu*k, let's get this season started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Why Derrick Rose Got Injured, Scientifically
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
164 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
112 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Fresh Prince otw to Netflix
58 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Cam'ron's Killa Season 2 Tour is a MUST SEE
80 comments
1 day ago