Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #1461
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,667 | Props total: 12179 12179
hopefully at the end of the day square picks us

good looks on the article

10 years ago '04        #1462
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 RakimAllahNY said:
Cook said his understanding is that Miami will take one more quarterback in this recruiting class.

"I'm not sure who it will be," he said.
hopefully jacory harris or E.J. Manuel
 05-11-2007, 12:02 PM         #1463
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 11, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Robert Marve bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Robert Marve has a full-time job.

The Hurricane quarterback signee is working out and studying the UM playbook anywhere from five to seven hours a day.

He's even forcing his high school coach, Robert Weiner, to quiz him on different plays.

One recent evening Marve waited patiently as Weiner finished up his team's high school spring practice session. At 8:30 p.m. Weiner arrived in his office.

The two sat down and went over Hurricane plays together for more than an hour.

"I'm definitely learning, am trying to get a head's up on it," Marve said. "Miami's playbook is a college version of my playbook. Our playbook is a lot greater than a regular high school playbook -- we do a lot of audibles, so I'm used to that. But I have to get used to more audibles, more protections, and translating the language from what I know to what I need to know for Miami."

Weiner says, "I quiz him, and Robert's been able to go through and understands every formation."

The ultimate goal is for Marve to know the playbook so well by the time he arrives at Miami that he will make a seamless transition.

And, Marve hopes, get immediate playing time.

UM offensive coordinator Patrick Nix has already said that Marve will get a shot to compete with Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman for the starting job in the fall.

And Nix has gotten used to fielding Marve phone calls at all hours of the night.

"If I have any questions I call him," Marve said. "He answers my questions.

"He says the best player's going to play. Kyle and Kirby are both great quarterbacks, so whatever I can do for the program I'll do. If I need to redshirt, I'll redshirt. If they need me I'll be ready."

Marve is coming off a record-breaking senior season at Tampa (Fla.) Plant High School in which he had 4,372 passing yards and 48 touchdowns. He was intercepted 13 times.

His coach watched in amazement throughout Marve's career as he grow from a freshman and sophomore that struggled (he threw only seven touchdowns as a sophomore) into a star.

The secret to Marve's success?

"I've never been around a player in any sport who has more of a command of exactly what we're trying to do than he did," Weiner said. "And he kept wanting more. We got to the point that I couldn't feed him more because the rest of our team couldn't keep up with it."

It's rare for a true freshman quarterback to play college ball simply because the mental load is too great.

To expect a high school player to be able to pick up the nuances of a college offense is somewhat farfetched.

But Weiner says if any incoming college player can do it, it's Marve.

"If what Marve has done so far is any indication of how he'll continue to develop, I don't think he'll have a problem," Weiner said. "It's absolutely positively a strength of Robert's. He's already taken great strides, as many as he possibly can, to learn everything about Miami's offense. There's no substitute for experience. You have to go out and do that. But to get the terminology to spill out of his mouth is real important, and he's done a significant amount of studying for that already.

"At our high school what we run is fairly complicated. As Robert grew and developed I gave him more and more. And I explain it this way: What I asked him to do I never have and never will again ask a quarterback to do in terms of him truly understanding high school defenses. In the playoffs defenses weren't high school defenses -- we were seeing zone blitzes, safety blitzes and things like that. What Robert does amazingly, and you have to do it in about five seconds, is he'll diagnose exactly what the defense is doing and the threats, will know the play we have called and what the best possible avenue is to attack that defense with this play. Or, and this is what makes Robert great, he has such a great catalog of our plays in his mind that he knows six or seven plays that he can check to if it's better.

"Miami does it a little different, doesn't have checks, has sight recognition between the quarterback and receiver, which is a simpler way to do it. Of course defenses he'll be seeing are much more complex than what he saw in high school, but the process of doing that will somewhat be easier for him because of what was put on his shoulders already as a high school player. In the end he is a player with tremendous physical talent, is a fierce competitor, but most of all his strength is his intelligence. He's the smartest player I've coached."

In addition to learning UM's playbook, Marve is also concentrating on getting faster and stronger.

He's certainly on the right track.

He's working with a trainer, and his body fat is down to 5.4 percent from last fall's 13 percent. He's added 19 pounds of muscle, recently weighing in at 204 pounds.

His 40 time, recorded three times consecutively at his gym recently, was 4.55, 4.56 and 4.57 seconds.

It was a 4.65 during last season.

"His physical shape right now, he's a completely different human being than at the end of our football season," Weiner said. "His footwork, I've never seen a high school player's footwork as incredible as his is right now. I do drops with him and let him go through his footwork. I think, to be honest -- we had Miami coaches up here to visit the other day to do their spring recruiting. They've seen film and recruited Robert, but I think even Miami doesn't know what they're getting."

One thing UM does know it's getting: A tireless worker.

Marve is one of those kids who won't leave the football offices until late at night, and he'll be back there early in the morning.

"Right now I'm working out three hours a day just doing footwork and throwing with the [college] Nike ball," Marve said. "And I try to get an hour-and-a-half in the playbook. Some days I get more hours in.

"I'm concentrating on my diet, conditioning, how many carbs and proteins I take in a day, and I'm running."

Those hours are in addition to his school, and the hours will go up after he graduates.

The hard work is all for one purpose: To be ready.

"I haven't played down there, but I'm trying to get as ready as I can," Marve said. "I know my footwork has improved dramatically. My five-step drop, three-step, bootlegs are all so much quicker. The ball's coming out quicker. My footwork's been the most improved."

Weiner is asked if he'll be surprised should Marve wind up as Miami's starter this season.

"One thing he and I talk about all the time is that's not in our control," Weiner says. "And you don't want to go in talking like that or saying that. He wants to go in and compete because he knows competition makes everyone better. If he competes and gets the job, he'll make the most of his opportunity. He knows Miami is a tremendous place, and he has a great opportunity in front of him.

"He's like any kid. No one wants to sit on the sideline. But he's a consummate team guy."

* Marve says he has already received his acceptance letter from the University of Miami. And he expects to be a.ssigned No. 12 when he arrives this summer. But that won't be his ultimate number.

"I'll get my high school number, 9, when Lance [Leggett] leaves," Marve said.
 05-11-2007, 12:03 PM         #1464
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 11, 2007

Gary Fernan, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Antonio Harper bio

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Memphis (TN) Melrose High School LB Antonio Harper said in April that the Hurricanes were way out in front.

But now he says he's not sure just how much the Canes want him.

"Miami coaches haven't come up to my practices yet and I haven't talked to them recently," he said.

When did he last talk to them?

"I don't remember, a while ago," Harper says.

Harper says he still plans to commit somewhere before his senior season.

He's just not sure where.

He lists offers from UM, Florida State, Alabama and Ole Miss.

"A lot of schools are recruiting me," the 6-foot-3, 219-pounder with 4.6-second speed said. "Georgia Tech and Florida State are sending me the most mail right now."
 05-11-2007, 05:45 PM         #1465
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good stuff
 10 years ago '04        #1466
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
i just heard about this n*gga Cook, homeboy is 6'7 :wow: datz some sh*t.

Cook surprises with early commitment

While several Texas quarterbacks had made early commitments, but Altair Rice Consolidated signal caller Taylor Cook was just waiting on his first offer over the last few weeks.

Taylor Cook has made a solid commitment to Miami.
Cook received that offer a week ago with Miami coach Patrick Nix made his way to his high school. He decided after doing some research and talking things over with his parents, that it was time to make a commitment.

Another big reason why he made his commitment to Miami, according to coach Brad Dumont, was that he was set on playing quarterback at the next level.

"Some others hadn't offered but talked to him about being an athlete," Dumont said. "He wanted to play quarterback. He knew they were recruiting about three quarterbacks and he knew he wanted to be one of the ones that had a shot, so he wanted to do it before someone else did."

Cook also said that he's not looking around even if an in-state school comes calling.

"I'm not going to back down from the commitment," Cook said.

Etc.
 10 years ago '06        #1467
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 10 years ago '07        #1468
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,617 | Props total: 1 1
6'7 QB? damnnn lol
 10 years ago '04        #1469
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
May 10, 2007
Yeah, I Said It
In our what have U done for me lately world it appears Paul Dee is moving on because his lately hasn't been as inspiring as his legacy.

His graceful exit from his position as Miami's Athletic Director (READ STORY HERE) wasn't exactly a shock to me considering I heard rumors of it eight months ago and he's been laying low for the past five months while others in UM's hierarchy handled some VERY IMPORTANT issues like the ongoing talks with Dolphin Stadium officials and the City of Miami over UM's future football home.

I was told Dee's top priority and main focus was on raising money for the athletic departments fund-raising sprint, but I saw the writing on the wall, and apparently so did Dee.

Like Kenny Rogers sang in The Gambler: "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, Know when to talk away and know when to run. You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table. There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done."

I believe Dee, who loves the University of Miami more than anyone I've ever encountered, knew the cards he was holding were a loser and concluded it was time to throw them in before someone else forced him to. He likely realized it was time to allow someone younger, with more energy, more connections, more arm twisting ability, but certainly not more respect, to run his beloved program.

My hope is that he'll have a hand in picking his successor because no one more than him knows exactly the type of person needed to rejuvenate UM's presently floundering sports teams.

I honestly feel sorry for whoever takes over UM's athletic department because the expectations are EXTREMELY HIGH and the resources are ESPECIALLY LOW. Yeah I said it!

Is it a coincidence that Dee announced he's retiring during the athletic department's worst competitive year in more than a decade? I think not. But I'm glad he's getting out in a year because I know he cares about UM athletics (all of them) more than anyone else in the world, and my fear is his weak heart can't take the heartache anymore.

While U will ignore all the great things UM accomplished during Dee's tenure, and there are many (HERE'S A SHORT LIST), the one thing he never did was raise buckets full of money regularly, and more than anything that's what this little private school with a lackluster fan base needs.

Miami needs the Hecht Center expansion done yesterday. They need the baseball stadium completed a decade ago. UM needs a practice facility for the men's and women's basketball team right now so Jack McClinton and Maurita Reid have somewhere to work on their game when Barney and Friends are set up in the BankUnited Center, which UM really rents, and often doesn't have full access to.

And that's just my shortlist of immediate needs for an athletic department that annually struggles to stay in the black, which explains the much needed move to Dolphin Stadium. Dee probably wants to get out before that's also blamed on him, much like everything else is.

Miami's money needs forces me to predict UM's next Athletic Director will be a Jerry Lewis type. Miami desperately needs a money maker.

With that criteria in mind the only Hurricane I know with that type of background is Bernie Kosar. Yeah I said it! I think I'm still laughing at the thought of Kosar becoming UM's football coach. But athletic director, now that I'd give some serious thought to if I were president Donna Shalala. From what I understand Kosar can make money walking down the street, but I'm sure there are other things about him that Miami needs to look into first.

But then again maybe new blood, non-Hurricane blood, would be a good thing. Yeah, I said it.

Here are a few more of my off the wall beliefs.

Television networks are making a HUGE mistake by not hiring Larry Coker to be a college football analyst. Coker's the funniest person in sports I know, and boy does he have some stories to tell. He's such an honest man I'm sure he'd share all his dirty laundry to the nation. The funniest thing about Coker is the fact that he couldn't tell a lie to save his life, or at least a good one. We in the media often found it comedic the way he'd always confess in the middle of his attempts to deceive. That characteristic is way out of the norm of today's head coaches.

I know he's not that attractive to look at but Coker's no worse than that fossil Lou Holtz. Sunshine Network should at least put him on their Saturday telecasts in an attempt to balance out that heavy Seminole and Gator flavor Florida's top sports network has.

Brady Quinn being drafted by Cleveland likely means Ken Dorsey will be looking for a new team, or a new profession in the coming months. I know Rob Chudzinski is Cleveland's offensive coordinator and that he owes most of his success to Dorsey, but loyalty means nothing in sports today. Chud's got to win now or he'll also be looking for another job. But maybe he'll keep Dorsey around to coach Quinn. If not the University of Miami better find a way to get Dorsey on its staff somehow, some way, because I predict Dorsey will be the next Major Applewhite, a fast riser in the college coaching community.

Sticking with Cleveland, I couldn't believe Tyrone Moss was cut from the Browns training camp roster after one weekend. One weekend! After looking at Cleveland's unimpressive stable of backs I just knew Moss was making that roster. But to see he didn't even make it out of the first weekend was absolutely shocking, and alarming. The lesson learned? Backs need to be versatile because catching passes and blocking is important too.

Boy was it good to see Miami land another commitment from an offensive player, even if Texas quarterback Taylor Cook's other firm offers were from Kansas State and SMU. Yikes! Not even Houston or Rice? Oh well, at least he won't have a problem seeing over the line of scrimmage considering he's all of 6-foot-7. Even if that's a fudged height he's at least 6-foot-5, which is really good. Maybe Cook's one of those hidden gems UM loves to unearth. I still say two quarterbacks need to be in the 2008 signing class. Patrick Nix's offense better be s3xy or else skill position guys will continue to run from this program like its got mad cow disease.

Get it, slow moving offense compared to a diseased cow, which is a slow moving animal.

Yeah I said it!
 10 years ago '04        #1470
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
Check em out now

[pic - click to view]

you can buy em now from allcanes.com

click on latest items

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 05-15-2007 at 05:18 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #1471
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
we moving out the OB

ohhh well please believe ima be at every game now

much closer to me but still
 05-15-2007, 08:17 PM         #1472
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Reppin ALLCANES! Used to Work there!
 10 years ago '06        #1473
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 05-16-2007, 02:13 PM         #1474
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 16, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Mike Goodman bio

Miami (FL) Columbus High School OL Mike Goodman already lists offers from programs like Florida State, Wake Forest, Wisconsin, Ole Miss, Maryland and South Carolina.

But he says the local school hasn't offered, although Cane coach Patrick Nix did go to his school this spring to scout him.

"Everyone wants to be a Hurricane," Goodman said. "If Miami offers I would still wait, though. I'm just taking it all in."

Goodman says he received a recent text message from Nix asking him to come to UM's summer camp in June.

"I'll be there," Goodman said. "He hasn't said if he'll offer yet."

Goodman says he has nine scholarship offers and that all those schools are currently even on his list.

It's been an impressive rise in the recruiting ranks for a 6-foot-6, 270-pounder who didn't begin playing organized football until his sophomore year of high school.

As a freshman he was at Miami's Robert Morgan Vocational Technical Institute. The school didn't have any sports teams.

"It's a vocational institute, so you pick a trade and get certified after you graduate," Goodman said. "That wasn't the place for me. I wanted to go further in life, didn't want to work right out of high school. So then I went to my area school, which was Palmetto. I played JV football there as a sophomore, just got into football, never played Pop Warner at all.

"It was something where I just said `I might as well try it, use my body for something.' My JV season I didn't know what I was doing. They moved me up to varsity at end of the season, then the coaches left. I went to Columbus, but it was mainly an academic move and for me as a person."

He says he received his first offer three months ago. It came from FIU.

"I had never gotten a letter from Miami until one arrived out of the blue last week," Goodman said.
 05-16-2007, 02:14 PM         #1475
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 16, 2007

Related Links:
Ugo Okpara bioVideo highlights

Sugar Land (TX) Ft. Bend Dulles CB Ugo Okpara was all set to become a Hurricane a few weeks ago.

He was waiting for coach Randy Shannon to receive and review his film and give a thumbs-up on an official offer.

That offer hasn't come yet, and now Okpara is taking a new tact with his recruitment.

He says, even if Miami offers, he's going to wait a while to make a choice.

"I'd be more hesitant to commit now because I want to check out some campuses," the 6-foot-1, 170-pounder with 4.48-second speed said. "I'm making my top five choices and will look at the campuses and then make decision."

He says he knows Miami, Arkansas, Virginia and Oklahoma State will be in his final five.

"I'll be checking out all the schools after my school ends," he said. "I'll start taking unofficial visits to my top choices and take it from there."

Coach Tommie Robinson watched Okpara practice this spring.

"We've also talked on the phone," Okpara said. "The last time we talked he said he liked watching me practice and that they are going to keep in touch."

Okpara's spring game is this Friday.

"I'm having a great spring right now," he said. "A lot of coaches are coming to watch me. They come every day."

The spring has netted him new offers from Missouri, Arkansas, Duke and Northwestern.

Three other schools had offered before the spring began: Virginia, Oklahoma State and Baylor.

What will he be looking for on his unofficial visits as he tries to hammer out a final decision?

"The facilities and comparing them, seeing that I can have the best equipment to work with, and then getting to know the coaches and seeing how I connect with them, that we're on a good level," Okpara said. "And I'll check out the campus, the dorms, make sure I make the right decision and make sure I fit into the program."
 05-16-2007, 02:14 PM         #1476
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 15, 2007

JC Shurburtt
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Miami (Fla.) Northwestern defensive lineman Benjamin Jones is still sidelined with an injury that forced him to miss his entire junior year and spring practice this year. The 6-foot-6, 270-pounder has seen his recruitment pick up despite the injury keeping him off the field.

Plenty of schools are after Benjamin Jones.
"They want me to sit out spring," Jones said. "But I will be back in the fall. It's my last year and I want to finish it with a bang. A lot of people have big expectations and have a lot questions marks about my ability."

Despite those question marks, recruiting has gone well.

"Recruiting has been good," he said. "I talked to Ole Miss today and I've talked to Arkansas. I'm also hearing from Miami, South Carolina, LSU and Alabama."

Currently, there are two schools that stand out to Jones, though he remains open.

"I like LSU and Miami," he said

Earl Lane is recruiting Jones for the Tigers.

"He seems like a great coach," Jones said. "He said it's great up there and they've got a good team."

Jones hopes to make an official visit to LSU.

Clint Hurtt is recruiting Jones for UM, which has verbally offered.

"Miami is nice," he said. "It's right here at home. I don't have that far to go for family and friends to come and see me play, stuff like that. I grew up a Miami fan. I like Miami but I'm not going to make a decision right now. I'm going to wait until on or around Signing Day."

Jones added that South Carolina and Alabama also could get official visits. Robert Gillespie is recruiting for the Gamecocks while Lance Thompson is recruiting for the Crimson Tide.

Jones is looking for several things in a program.

"I am looking at the surroundings," he said. "I want to see if I am uncomfortable with soundings and the people there."

05-16-2007, 02:15 PM         #1477
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 15, 2007

JC Shurburtt
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Pre-evaluation Rivals100 defensive tackle Marcus Forston has had the hometown Miami Hurricanes at the top of his list for nearly the entire process. But in recent weeks, several schools have drawn even and are squarely in the mix to land the talented prospect.

Notre Dame and others have been making a strong push for Marcus Forston.
Forston talked about his decision during a May 8 interview with CaneSport.com.

"I basically said that everybody has been telling me the same thing," Forston said. "I have been hearing a lot of good things from a lot of college programs. I feel the same way about every college now."

One of those programs is Notre Dame, which sent head coach Charlie Weis to Miami to check on the 6-foot-3, 290-pounder. The Irish have positioned themselves well.

"They've just been telling me a lot of great stuff," Forston said. "They were saying that (Notre Dame) is going to prepare you for life after football. The average career for a football player in the NFL is four years. You are going to be prepared for life with a degree from Notre Dame."

In addition to the f!ghting Irish, Miami, Florida, Florida State, Minnesota, North Carolina, Central Florida, Alabama, LSU and Southern California all are schools Forston remains interested in.

"I don't really have a top five or anything right now," he said.

If he did, however, Miami would be on it.

"Miami is one of the first colleges I knew," Forston said. "Those guys are always going to be in my top five or whatever. They are the school I know the most about.

While Southern California is quite a haul from Dade County, Fla., Forston's interest in the Trojans remains.

"A lot of people talk about the distance between there and Florida," he said. "Really, there should be nothing that stops me from going out there if I want to, though."

Forston also commented on the Gators, Seminoles and Golden Gophers.

"Florida has been coming at me pretty hard," he said. "FSU has been talking to me a little bit. With Minnesota, They have just been recruiting me hard and paying me a lot of attention.

Forston and his Northwestern teammates are in their final weeks of spring practice (they play host to Belle Glade Glades Central in their spring jamboree next Saturday). He talked about his performance.

"The things I have to improve on are just communicating with my team more often on the field," he said. "It may be a play I know. That's the key so if there is a situation where I can help my teammates, I can."

Forston will play next Saturday night.

"My knee had been bothering me, but it's better now," he said. "I am going to play."

Forston is a Rivals.com Junior All-American.
 05-16-2007, 02:15 PM         #1478
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 15, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Jordan Futch bio

Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna High School LB Jordan Futch was planning to announce a decision by the end of this month.

But now that's changed.

"Right now I'm not sure when I'll announce," he said. "A lot of things have been going on between things happening at school with the coaching (coach Mark Guandolo may be leaving for another school). I have no idea when I'll announce. It's up in the air."

Futch said it's possible he'll play at another school next year, although he said rumors of him heading to Miami Pace are just that -- rumors.

"I don't think Pace will be a possibility," he said. "I don't know where I'll be going, and I might stay. I might stay depending on the new coach that comes in."

Also muddying Futch's plans to announce in the next few weeks is the introduction of several new schools into his recruiting picture.

"A lot of coaches have been coming through (for spring practice)," Futch said. "USC, Ohio State, North Carolina have offered, a lot of schools. Head coaches have been coming down. The Colorado and Georgia head coaches came down and spoke to me. It's been pretty busy and pretty intense."

UM coach Joe Pannunzio was at Futch's practice yesterday.

"The rest of the (Miami) coaching staff will be in on the 19th for my spring game," Futch said. "I talk to coach (Michael) Barrow a number of times during the week. Coach Pannunzio texts me a lot. They stay in touch, write me handwritten letters a lot."

Futch, who once said UM was his leader, now says he isn't even listing a top five.

"I canceled the top 5, want to stay focused on my team because we're going though the coaching thing," he said. "I'm just worrying about my team right now."
 05-16-2007, 02:16 PM         #1479
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 15, 2007

Related Links:
Etienne Sabino bioVideo highlights

Miami (Fla.) Dr. Michael M. Krop High School LB Etienne Sabino has gotten the attention of plenty of colleges this spring.

Miami, FSU, Notre Dame, USC and Duke are among several programs that sent coaches to see him practice.

"Charlie Weis really liked me, USC really liked me, coach (Ted) Roof from Duke came by, said he was very impressed with me," Sabino said.

Sabino is now up to 26 scholarship offers, including Miami.

The 6-foot-3, 217-pounder lists his frontrunners as UM, North Carolina, Notre Dame, USC, Tennessee, Georgia and Ohio State.

"I had North Carolina ahead at one point, but I wouldn't say I have a favorite now," Sabino said.

Of what he'll do to try and narrow things down, Sabino said, "I'll be looking for academics, need a good academic school first of all. I want a good mix of academics and football, and be comfortable with all the coaches and be comfortable with where I'm at."

Is there any pressure on him to stay closer to home?

"In a way, yes, everybody around me is a big UM fan, wants me to go to UM, and growing up UM was my team," Sabino said. "But I just want to keep my options open. I don't want to just jump and commit somewhere right away.

"I've spoken to (Miami linebackers coach) Michael Barrow. He says I can help the program out. He's met my mom. We've become close with Barrow. He's real cool, down to earth. And his niece goes to school with me, we're on the track team together.

"I talk to coach Barrow very often, the most of any coach. We talk probably every two days. We've had conversations that last up to two hours before. He just talks about recruiting in general, will give me pointers from his standpoint, not pressuring me to go anywhere. He tells me the pros and cons."
 05-16-2007, 02:16 PM         #1480
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 14, 2007

Related Links:
Ronnie Tubbs bioVideo highlights

Yazoo City (MS) High School WR Ronnie Tubbs is feeling positive about the chances he'll be a Miami Hurricane in the fall.

"I graduate May 25 and everything's on pace to be fine," Tubbs said.

He stays in regular contact with Miami coaches and spoke with coach Joe Pannunzio last Thursday.

"We were just talking," Tubbs said. "Miami, they're going to offer a scholarship. He told me when my report card comes they'll offer. I just have to wait to send in the (final) report card, maybe can send it next week."

UM apparently wants to make sure Tubbs will qualify for admission before extending an official offer.

Tubbs says, a.ssuming Miami does offer, he'll accept on the spot.

"That's still where I plan on going," he said. "Miami coaches know that."

Tubbs says the only other school currently recruiting him is Southern Mississippi.

"I talk to their coaches, last talked to them a week or two ago," he said.

Asked if he's excited about the possibility that he'll be a Cane, Tubbs said, "I'm just glad to go there. I think it's a done deal I'll go there."
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
63 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
66 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
88 comments
1 day ago