Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
221 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #SPN: Zashia Santiago
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
164 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 1 year ago '07        #14521
theFREAK 3092 heat pts3092
space
space
$46,268 | Props total: 16326 16326
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
I was talking about the UNC game getting ugly if we went out there wth that same gameplan.

50+ dropped on us twice
 1 year ago '06        #14522
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,683 | Props total: 12216 12216
 theU said:
How long after the last game do they usually announce the location of the bowl game?
A day so
 1 year ago '07        #14523
space
space
 DEDOS said:
A day so
What?

I'm thinking about going to the bowl game if its somewhere in the Midwest or West Coast.
 1 year ago '07        #14524
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
Why waste your money??

Spend your cash on something worthy of it
 1 year ago '07        #14525
space
space
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
Why waste your money??

Spend your cash on something worthy of it
I live in Seattle. And I've never seen Miami play live and haven't been to Florida in like 12 years

I've seen all my favorite teams multiple times before besides them.

Although I am going to the Florida State - Miami game next season I would still like to see them live before then.

Especially if it's a bowl game.
 1 year ago '05        #14526
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
I still wanna go to a bowl game worth a damn

Is that too much to ask for
 1 year ago '07        #14528
space
space
Can't find the audio but apparently on the radio down in Florida, there saying that Charlie Strong's agent has reached out to Miami.

I understand he's got ties to UF but I dunno why he's picking up so much steam lately. I certainly wouldn't be mad at the hire, to me it just seems unlikely.

Strong to Miami?

Tom Herman to Texas?

Also:

Last edited by theFREAK; 11-16-2015 at 10:18 AM..
 1 year ago '07        #14529
space
space
Just let that one sink in fam

[tweet - click to view]

1 year ago '05        #14530
Clutch City Kid 81 heat pts81
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 9287 9287
not sure why the fu*k Vinny is on the committee .... there are MANY more alumni that are involved with the program that i would rather have, Vinny is never around the area and doesnt do much for The U from all ive heard.... from what ive read it sounds like im not the only one whos confused about him being part of the HC search
 1 year ago '05        #14531
Clutch City Kid 81 heat pts81
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 9287 9287
 theU said:
Can't find the audio but apparently on the radio down in Florida, there saying that Charlie Strong's agent has reached out to Miami.

I understand he's got ties to UF but I dunno why he's picking up so much steam lately. I certainly wouldn't be mad at the hire, to me it just seems unlikely.

Strong to Miami?

Tom Herman to Texas?

Also:

Strongs name keeps popping up, i honestly never put much weight into it cause of his current job but the more i think of it the more i like the sound of it.... it really could be worse.... MAAAAAAAAAN i hope we reach out to Clemsons DC Venables just to see if he has what it takes to be a HC , i LOVE dudes passion for the game and kids LOVE playing for him, his attitude would fit in well with recruits in FL as well imo .... hopefully we make the RIGHT choice this time.... how do u guys feel about The U reaching out to Mike Shula???
 1 year ago '05        #14532
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 theU said:
Just let that one sink in fam

[tweet - click to view]

since i started posting here, we been sh*t
 1 year ago '07        #14533
space
space
 Deeangoe said:

since i started posting here, we been sh*t
Ban yourself fam.
 1 year ago '05        #14534
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
UM Athletics Director Blake James will rely on a search firm and a six-member advisory committee to help him choose the next Hurricanes football coach.

UM will use Miami-based Korn Ferry to “assist the University in all aspects of the search process” of replacing Al Golden, according to a press release.

The advisory committee will “provide James with input on the process and on candidates.” The members are UM Board of Trustees members Hilarie Bass, David Epstein and Steve Saiontz; Deputy Director of Athletics Jennifer Strawley and former UM standouts Jonathan Vilma and Heisman Trophy winner Vinny Testaverde.

Korn Ferry played a role in the coaching hires of Jim Harbaugh at Michigan, Jim McElwain at Florida, Charlie Strong at Texas in addition to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and SEC commissioner Greg Sankey. Public documents uncovered by USA Today showed Texas paid the firm nearly $267,000 to hire Strong, though Miami almost certainly would not approach that number.

The search committee was much smaller last time around. When former UM AD Kirby Hocutt hired Golden in Dec. 2010, he leaned on consultant Chuck Neinas. Neinas, who is now semi-retired, said he worked with Hocutt to pare down a list of candidates. Former quarterback Bernie Kosar, a member of the Board of Trustees, sat in on interviews. Trustee Paul DiMare was also involved.

Korn Ferry, according to its contract with Texas, said it would help market the position, find a qualified and diverse pool candidates, a.ssist the committee in screening candidates and help facilitate interviews. Texas announced its hire of Strong 16 days after signing the contract with Korn Ferry.

In a recent interview with the Post, James would not publicly discuss a timetable for the hire. In Monday’s press release, he said UM is “well underway” in our search process,” which began after Golden was fired Oct. 25.

Multiple sources told the Post that between six and 10 candidates are expected to be seriously considered, including former coaches Butch Davis and Greg Schiano, Alabama a.ssistant Mario Cristobal, Texas coach Charlie Strong, Houston coach Tom Herman and Indianapolis Colts a.ssistant Rob Chudzinski.

UM, a private school, is not required to disclose financial dealings but is expected to have in the neighborhood of $3 million per year to spend on a coach. Neinas said he doesn’t know how Korn Ferry conducts its searches, but coaches who are currently employed often communicate with a school through agents or other intermediaries until their seasons are complete. Strong, for example, finishes the season at Texas Dec. 5, unless the Lonhorns win their last two to become bowl-eligible.

“As expected, there is already a tremendous amount of interest in the ‘U’,” James said in the release. “Additionally, we are reaching out to a number of UM constituencies to engage in dialogue and to hear their thoughts and vision. We will work diligently to find a great fit for Miami and I want to thank in advance the members of the advisory committee for their dedication to our university.”

The names on that internal committee will be much discussed and debated.

Vilma, 33, retired from the NFL last year after a 10-year career in which he was a three-time Pro Bowl selection. His UM days (2000-2003) began when he was recruited by Davis. He was inducted to the UM Sports Hall of Fame last April. One former teammate believed Vilma’s ties to Davis wouldn’t color his advice to James. “He’s a smart guy,” the teammate said. “He’s going to do what’s best for the university.”

Testaverde, 52, lives near Tampa and finished a 21-year NFL career in 2007. His son, Vincent Jr., is a reserve quarterback at Miami. Another prominent former Hurricane who played in the Dennis Erickson era was critical of Testaverde’s selection, pointing to his lack of involvement in the program over the years. “When I played I kept wondering why he never came back,” the player said. Testaverde also has ties to Davis, who was an a.ssistant when Testaverde played, and Jimmy Johnson, the head coach at the time who is rumored to be a consultant to James.

Strawley, a 1998 Penn grad, is UM’s Senior Woman Administrator. Her areas of oversight include football, sports medicine, academic services and student-athlete development. Prior to UM she worked for the NCAA as a Director of Academic and Membership Affairs.

Bass was called “one of the most powerful women lawyers in the country” in a Miami Herald article. She is a UM graduate, million-dollar donor and co-president of legal giant Greenberg Traurig, which has 33 offices worldwide. Since 2009, Bass has served as a vice chair of UM’s Board of Trustees, a position she currently holds with Richard Fain. Stuart Miller is the chair.

Saiontz, a two-time UM grad, is a Board of Trustees member and is chairman of Weston-based Council for Educational Change. He led multiple real estate and finance companies and previously worked with Miller, his brother-in-law, at Lennar Corp.

New UM President Julio Frenk, who has been in office less than three months, is not expected to play a prominent role in the search. James told the Post that Frenk’s involvment is up to him, but that “I’m sure President Frenk will be in complete support of whomever we choose.” A prominent trustee commented that former president Donna Shalala, who retired in May, would “be right in the middle of it” if she were still around. Shalala, who now heads the Clinton Foundation, will have no involvement.

The final decision will be made by James, who was hired in Feb. 2013 and has hired volleyball, rowing and women’s soccer coaches in his tenure. Despite James’ relative inexperience, a senior Board of Trustees member who has had previous involvement with football coaching searches said he has no issue with James making the hire.

“He’s not stupid,” the trustee said. “He knows we have to go get the best person we possibly can get. He’s not going to fool around. He’ll make the right choice among the people we have the availability to take.”
 1 year ago '07        #14536
space
space

[tweet - click to view]

[tweet - click to view]

[tweet - click to view]

Last edited by theFREAK; 11-17-2015 at 08:47 PM..
 1 year ago '07        #14537
space
space

Last edited by theFREAK; 11-17-2015 at 09:06 PM..
 1 year ago '05        #14538
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 theU said:

@
yo he a 2 way star or something

cuz pretty sure he playing ball for laranaga

junior don't care bout no fsu bball
 1 year ago '07        #14539
space
space

[instagram - click to view]

[tweet - click to view]

Last edited by theFREAK; 11-18-2015 at 04:14 PM..
 1 year ago '06        #14540
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,683 | Props total: 12216 12216
I knoww people dont really care about hurricane basketball but coach larranaga just close with a 5 star top 20 player, a 4 start top 45 player and another 4 star

Top 10 recruiting class on every website out recruited nort Carolina
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
221 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
134 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
154 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
50 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
76 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy