Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 05-02-2007, 12:37 PM         #1421
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
:wow:

word. same shyt they said about Terrelle Pryor, i hope we can land EJ

can somebody hook it with that new Jordan Futch article on canesport

:rasta:

May 2, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Jordan Futch bio

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna High School LB Jordan Futch is closing in on announcing a final decision.

"I'll probably announce after the spring," Futch said.

That means his decision could be announced anytime after his spring ball wraps up May 19.

"I'm looking for the right school for me, want a family environment, great coaches and playing time," he says.

Futch says he doesn't want to mention any frontrunner right now but says Miami, Florida, FSU, Wisconsin and Georgia are among the schools he's deciding between.

Futch is in regular contact with UM coach Michael Barrow.

"He's recruiting me, tells me they're interested, that I'd be a great a.sset to the team, that my skills portray a great Miami linebacker," Futch said. "They're looking to see what I've got and are saying I would make a great a.sset to the team.

"Miami and a lot of other coaches are saying they're coming to see me this spring."

The 6-foot-3, 205-pounder finished his junior year with 92 tackles, 15 for losses, with six forced fumbles, four fumble recoveries, two punt blocks, three blocked field goals and an interception.

"He's a great athlete, has great feet, has great hips, excellent explosion," Chaminade-Madonna coach Mark Guandolo said. "He plays at a high intensity level. He hits, is a very intelligent player. He's got the whole package. He can go out and cover a receiver, he has those skills. He can put his hand down, too.

"He's right there with (former Madonna players) Glenn Cook and Jon Beason, has that potential. If he matures, studies more like Glenn did and becomes a leader like Jon, he'd have the complete package and he's trying to do those things."
 05-02-2007, 12:38 PM         #1422
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 2, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

What did coaches learn about the kickers and punters this spring?

Matt Bosher's kicking was inconsistent, and he may wind up as the team's punter
That they're young and inconsistent.

That's not a good combination, and Matt Bosher and Daren Daly will need to step up their games if they want to help UM win close games next season.

Bosher entered the spring expecting to be the team's placekicker, while Daly was considered the frontrunner to be the punter.

But that was switched up in the middle of spring workouts.

Daly was told to only work on his kicking game in practices. And Bosher says he expects to be the team's punter.

The switch came after Bosher missed six attempts in the early spring, including two missed field goals and a missed extra point in the first spring scrimmage. But he continued to take some kicking reps as spring wound down and it won't be determined who will be kicking and punting until the fall.

Daly's long made field goal this spring was from 51 yards out.

Special teams coordinator Joe Pannunzio, asked who will be the team's kicker, said "It's too early to tell -- we're going to wait until the fall."

Despite some problems in the kicking game, both players say there's nothing to worry about.

"We'll be fine," Bosher said. "No need to worry."

Randy Shannon said of the kickers that "They're not going to be Olindo Mare or Adam Vinatieri. These guys have never kicked before. They made some and they missed some, but they'll work to get better at it, and I think they will."

Pannunzio added, "We've got good guys, but everything's a work in progress."

In the return game the Canes hope they've found an answer in true freshman Graig Cooper.

Cooper showed an explosiveness reminiscent of Devin Hester when he was healthy this spring.

"He has a lot of ability, but until you actually see it and do it in a game you don't know," Pannunzio said. "But he's got the ability, and I think one day he'll be a great, great returner for us -- whether it's in the opener against Marshall or midway through the year. He has a chance to be a returner like we're used to having here at Miami."

Pannunzio added that Doug Wiggins, Chavez Grant and Bruce Johnson are also being considered as returners.
 05-02-2007, 03:21 PM         #1423
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 1, 2007

CaneSport News Wire

Every University of Miami sports team surpassed the minimum standard needed in the NCAA's Academic Progress Report (ARP) released today. The minimum standard is 925 which represents a score of 92.5 percent as calculated by measuring retention rates and student-athlete eligibility.

The current data consists of all student-athletes on each team for the 2003-4, 2004-5 and 2005-6 academic years. In the three years the ARP has been compiled, Miami has never been subject to any penalties for not meeting the NCAA mandated minimum requirements.

The men's basketball team, the baseball team and the football squad all scored marks above the Division 1 average with the football team scoring in 80th-90th percentile.

Each year a student-athlete may earn one point for being eligible and one point for retention per semester for a total of four points per academic year. The total points are then divided by the number of potential points each team could have earned. That percentage is then multiplied by 1000 to provide each team with its APR. As mentioned, the NCAA has established 925 as the cut-off mark. Any team below that standard may be subject to penalties.

"The APR marks earned by our teams is a reflection of the emphasis our coaches and student-athletes have put on academics", said University of Miami Director of Athletics Paul Dee. "Our success in this area is also a tribute to the hard work and dedication of our academic department."

The APR for each UM sport follows:

MEN'S SPORTS

Baseball, 947
Basketball, 938
Cross Country, 1000
Football, 966
Diving, 1000
Tennis, 959
Indoor Track, 983
Outdoor Track, 987

WOMEN'S SPORTS

Basketball, 974
Cross Country, 956
Golf, 990
Rowing, 987
Soccer, 973
Swimming, 972
Tennis, 969
Indoor Track, 974
Outdoor Track, 974
Volleyball, 986
 10 years ago '04        #1424
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
May 3, 2007

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Pompano Beach Ely High School OL Chad Alcime watched teammate Patrick Johnson commit to UM.

And Alcime wants to follow suit.

But he's waiting on a solid offer.

"(Patrick) tells me to hurry up and commit to them," Alcime says. "I'm like `Yeah, I'm going to.' I want to.

"I haven't talked to Cane coaches yet. I've gotten mail from the coaches. They talk about the school and things like that."

Alcime is waiting on his first offer. He says he's getting the most recruiting mail from Ohio State and Iowa State.

Why does he want to wind up a Cane?

"They've been my favorite team since I was a little kid," Alcime said.

Alcime became a starter for the first time last year.

A 6-foot-6, 340-pounder, he says, "I'm thinking I'll get an offer from Miami because of my size. I've got the ability."
 10 years ago '04        #1425
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
May 1, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Patrick Johnson bioVideo highlights

It's not quite right to say that Pompano Beach Ely High School DB Patrick Johnson is simply a Hurricane commitment.

It would be more accurate to call him a Hurricane recruiter.

Because that's what he's been busy doing since he committed to the Canes - he's been calling up friends with Cane offers and trying to convince them to join him in the UM recruiting class.

He even called Cane coaches early last month to tell them about a top prospect he'd seen play - Joe Wylie.

Wylie wound up committing to Miami after UM coaches extended him an offer.

"I got Joe down there, so I already got one," Johnson said. "I talked to him because I'm right down the street from him. I know he's a good kid so I got him in touch with coach (Wesley) McGriff.

"There's other guys I'm trying to get down there. I tell [recruits] that I'm committed, tell them `Man, this program's on the building process and you better join because we're going to have a heck of a team.'"

Johnson says UM will be his only official visit and that it's a 100 percent done deal.

But that hasn't stopped other programs from trying to sway him.

"I get texted all the time from other schools," Johnson said. "About 15 schools are texting me. They wake me up in the morning at 6:20 - the Florida wakeup call, Ole Miss, Alabama, Clemson, NC State, a lot of colleges. I'm happy about the new rule that starts in August (that limits text messaging). I'll be in contact with Miami, so I'm not worried about it.

"I talk to Hurricane coaches every other night. I talk to the defensive backs coach. We just talk about the school work and how my family is, I ask about his family. We don't talk about football too much, about the schoolwork more."
 10 years ago '04        #1426
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
May 1, 2007

Related Links:
E.J. Manuel bioVideo highlights

Virginia Beach (Va.) Bayside High School QB E.J. Manuel is in New Jersey for the 4th annual Elite College Combine.

But no matter how well he does, it likely won't raise his stock much.

That's because his stock is already sky-high.

Manuel now lists 23 offers, including a recent offer from Boston College. Miami is among those offering him scholarships.

Asked where UM currently stands in his recruiting picture, Manuel says, "I don't know, to be honest. I'll visit Miami after I get out of school, in late June or early July.

"I haven't narrowed things down right now."

Manuel says he hopes to have a final decision made before his senior season, adding "if I don't have a 100 percent feeling, then I'll wait."

He says he's receiving multiple calls from reporters each day and that he's getting constant text messages.

"I'm not disrespectful -- if I get a text message I'll talk to them, I don't mind," Manuel said. "I'm definitely busy. I don't even get a chance to talk to my grandmother."

Manuel says he's speaking "almost every day" with Hurricane coaches.

"I talk to coach (Marques) Mosely and (Patrick) Nix," he says. "I just call or text to see how they're doing, how things are going down in Miami. They talk about the opportunity they have down at Miami. That's just about it."
 10 years ago '04        #1427
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
May 4, 2007

Related Links:
Jonathon Baldwin bioVideo highlights

Aliquippa (PA) WR Jonathan Baldwin is talking regularly with Hurricane coaches.

"They say I'll be playing early and that they'd like to move me all around among the receiver spots, get me lined up at the slot even," says the 6-foot-6, 225-pound Baldwin.

Baldwin will visit Miami unofficially this summer.

"It will probably be in June," he said. "I'm not sure when yet. I'm visiting three or four schools, not sure which. I don't know if I'll also visit Florida and Florida State, but Miami will more than likely be one of the visits."

He says he doesn't know much about Miami's program.

"Just that it's a pretty good program," he says.

What does he want in a program?

"First is academics," Baldwin said. "And then if I can play whenever I go to that school. And if I like it there."

He says he received a UM offer three weeks ago.

That puts him at 13 current offers.

"The Miami offer came in the mail and the coach said they were sending it, said I have a scholarship offer to Miami," Baldwin said.

Last year Baldwin had 21 receptions for 470 yards with five touchdowns.

In the end he says the Canes have a chance of winding up with him.

"They've got a chance," he said. "It'll come down to what I see when I'm down there."
 10 years ago '06        #1428
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,564 | Props total: 11928 11928
 10 years ago '04        #1429
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
May 5, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Ramon Buchanon bioVideo highlights

Melbourne (FL) Palm Bay High School LB Ramon Buchanon says he received a Miami scholarship offer two months ago.

He now lists 15 offers, including Florida and Florida State.

But he has two programs in front.

"Miami and Florida are my top two right now," he said. "They're pretty even. They show me things that I like. I've been to Miami for the Spring Game - it was pretty nice. Their defense is looking good. I talked to a lot of coaches there. Coach [Michael] Barrow was talking to me the most. He was telling me about the school, how bad they want me.

"I also talk to coach Barrow on the phone. He asks about my academics and all types of stuff. He's a cool coach, is real about what he says."

Buchanon has family members that live in Miami.

He says he hears comparisons to Reggie Nelson, who played linebacker in high school.

"That's who my coach compares me to," Buchanon said.

Buchanon finished his junior year with 10 sacks.

The 6-foot-1, 195-pounder with 4.5-second speed says it's possible he'll wind up as a defensive back in college.

He says he plans to make a final decision after his senior season ends.
 10 years ago '06        #1430
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
this fool Michael Barrow is beastin

lets see if he can close out some of these deals

:rasta:
 10 years ago '04        #1431
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
May 6, 2007

Related Links:
Micanor Regis bioVideo highlights

Pahokee (FL) High School DT and Hurricane commitment Micanor Regis says he remains solidly in Miami's camp.

But he says he "hasn't made his mind up yet" if he'll take official visits besides Miami.

He says numerous schools remain hot on his trail, including South Carolina, Florida, FSU and Clemson.

Regis speaks with Hurricane coach Clint Hurtt on a regular basis.

"He talks about a lot of things like about his background -- we don't just talk about football," Regis says.

Regis played last season at 310 pounds but now tips the scales at 300 pounds.

His spring practice just began and his Spring Game is May 25.

"I'm getting in shape, have lost some weight," Regis said.

Asked the chance he'll remain a Cane when everything is said and done, Regis says, "A pretty good chance, almost definite."
 10 years ago '06        #1432
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
good looks
 10 years ago '06        #1433
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,879 | Props total: 930 930
 Cap Peeler said:
May 4, 2007

Related Links:
Jonathon Baldwin bioVideo highlights

Aliquippa (PA) WR Jonathan Baldwin is talking regularly with Hurricane coaches.

"They say I'll be playing early and that they'd like to move me all around among the receiver spots, get me lined up at the slot even," says the 6-foot-6, 225-pound Baldwin.

Baldwin will visit Miami unofficially this summer.

"It will probably be in June," he said. "I'm not sure when yet. I'm visiting three or four schools, not sure which. I don't know if I'll also visit Florida and Florida State, but Miami will more than likely be one of the visits."

He says he doesn't know much about Miami's program.

"Just that it's a pretty good program," he says.

What does he want in a program?

"First is academics," Baldwin said. "And then if I can play whenever I go to that school. And if I like it there."

He says he received a UM offer three weeks ago.

That puts him at 13 current offers.

"The Miami offer came in the mail and the coach said they were sending it, said I have a scholarship offer to Miami," Baldwin said.

Last year Baldwin had 21 receptions for 470 yards with five touchdowns.

In the end he says the Canes have a chance of winding up with him.

"They've got a chance," he said. "It'll come down to what I see when I'm down there."

Baldwin is a ANIMAL!!!....Quip n*ggas ball...he's gonna be a good pickup for anybody...
 05-07-2007, 04:50 PM         #1434
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just so everyone knows, tonight on SC on ESPN Around 6 there doing a special on the Hurricanes. "Can they get there swagga back"

ya damn right we can n*gga
 10 years ago '05        #1435
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 RakimAllahNY said:
Just so everyone knows, tonight on SC on ESPN Around 6 there doing a special on the Hurricanes. "Can they get there swagga back"

ya damn right we can n*gga
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RakimAllahNY again.

I forgot they was supposed to have that thing on Sportscenter with Miami today.
 05-08-2007, 01:38 AM         #1436
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 7, 2007

Related Links:
R.J. Mattes bio

Concord (NC) Robinson High School OT R.J. Mattes got a visit at his school from Cane coach Michael Barrow today.

And before Barrow left Mattes had a Hurricane offer.

"I got the offer extended to me at school through my coach [because it is against NCAA rules for Barrow to talk directly with Mattes]," Mattes said. "I was excited, shocked."

Mattes is now up to 10 offers, including Virginia, Clemson, NC State and North Carolina.

"I had a top four before, but now I have a top five," Mattes said.

That top five is Miami, Clemson, North Carolina, NC State and Virginia.

"They're just even right now," he says.

Mattes says he's never been to Miami and most of what he knows about the Canes comes from watching the team on television.

"I know Miami has a great tradition and recently has been down, but I'm sure that new coach will change everything around," Mattes said. "I haven't talked to any coaches from Miami yet, but I'm going to try and get hold of their offensive line coach.

"I'll definitely be checking out Miami."

Mattes played both ways last year. On defense he had 11 sacks and two fumble recoveries. But he's being recruited solely for offense.

"The Miami coaches told my coach that they saw my film on the Internet and that's how they fell in love with me," Mattes said.
 05-08-2007, 01:39 AM         #1437
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 7, 2007

Related Links:
Keith Wells bioVideo highlights

Gainesville (GA) High School DE Keith Wells says he received a Miami offer a week-and-a-half ago.

"They spoke to my coach and told my coach they want to go ahead and offer me a scholarship," the 6-foot-5, 220-pounder with 4.8-second speed said. "The crazy thing is I didn't even know Miami was recruiting me until they offered me."

Wells says he's excited about the ofer, which is his 13th. He lists other offers from Ohio State, Florida, Georgia Tech, UNC, Louisville, BC, Alabama, Auburn, Marshall, South Carolina, Central Florida and Mississippi State.

"Honestly I haven't really narrowed it down," Wells said. "I'm taking all the offers, and when the time comes I'll narrow it down. But of the ones that offered me the ones that really stand out are Miami, Florida, Ohio Sate, Alabama and Georgia Tech."

Of what he knows about UM's program, Wells said, "They've won a few national championships, and I know some coaches that have been though there like Butch Davis. That's about it. I'm not too familiar with Miami."

Wells says he's been told to expect Cane coaches at one of his practices later this week.

And he plans to visit with UM's staff this summer.

"I'm taking trips this summer, and once I get to Florida I'm going to go to Miami and see what they have to offer," Wells said.

Of what he's looking for in a college, Wells said, "My major, the academic standpoint. And the second thing is the direction of the football program, where the football program is headed the years I'm there. And the third thing is the student and campus life, how the students interact with each other. I'm majoring in business and management."

As a junior he had 60 tackles and 10 sacks.

He says all his offers are as a defensive end other than Alabama and Notre Dame, which are recruiting him as an outside linebacker.

"I don't have a preference for which position I play," Wells said. "I could play either."
 05-08-2007, 01:40 AM         #1438
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 6, 2007

JC Shurburtt
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Related Links:
Patchan highlights

Seffner (Fla.) Armwood two-way line prospect Matt Patchan is one of the top prospects in the country for the Class of 2008. With more than 35 scholarship offers, the 6-foot-7, 265-pounder has had a lot to sort through in terms of narrowing down his choices.

Matt Patchan will narrow his list at the end of the spring.
Soon, Patchan will narrow his list.

"I'm going to narrow it down here after spring to five or seven or so and just shoot from there all over the country (making visits) and then make my decision during the school year."

Patchan plays to graduate early and enroll at the school of his choice for the spring semester, 2008. He currently knows of two programs that are shoo-ins as far as making his list of finalists.

"I think there are two schools that are definitely going to make it so far for sure," Patchan said. "I think Miami (Fla.) and Florida both will make it for sure. Those two schools are definitely going to be in the top seven."

Patchan's father, who also is named Matt, played football at the University of Miami.

"I think it's a great program," the younger Patchan said. "(New Canes head coach) Randy Shannon has taken it to another level in recruiting. He's recruiting quality guys now. They signed a very talented quarterback last year in (fellow Tampa-area standout) Robert Marve. People don't know how good he is. They are also doing very well with this class. Miami also has been known to put people in the NFL. I mean, they went 6-6 last season and still had three people taken in first round."

The defending National Champion Gators also caught Patchan's eye.

"Florida is a great program also," he said. "(Florida head coach) Urban Meyer is coming up with monster recruiting classes also. They put like nine in the pros this year that's remarkable.

"Both are pretty good schools."

During the spring evaluation period, dozens of schools have been by to check on Patchan, including Notre Dame, which sent head coach Charlie Weis to the Tampa area to get a look at him. The f!ghting Irish have now offered Patchan a scholarship.

"The other day, coach Weis came to see me from Notre Dame," he said. "He's a very good coach and it was exciting to talk to him on the phone. It was a good thing. It's always an honor to meet famous head coaches like that that. I think Notre Dame is a great school and great college. They have a shot just like every other college to acquire me."

Several other coaches have been by or are scheduled to come by, starting with Miami on Monday.

"Coach Meyer is supposed to come down some other time," he said. "There have been a ton of recruiters coming from all over the country. I think we've had Nebraska, Iowa, Florida State, Florida (assistant coaches) and Ohio State among others. I can't even remember everybody that came."

Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss and Georgia, among others, are actively recruiting Patchan and are in the mix.

Patchan played his junior year at Freedom High in Tampa before transferring to Armwood. The jumbo athlete has been timed as fast as 4.55 seconds in the 40-yard dash and has run a four second pro shuttle. He projects as a left tackle or a defensive end at the collegiate level.

Patchan is a member of the pre-evaluation Rivals100.
 05-08-2007, 01:41 AM         #1439
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 7, 2007

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Ricky Barnum bio

Lakeland (FL) Lake Gibson High School OL Ricky Barnum says he texts Cane line coach Jeff Stoutland "every other day."

"I just got done texting coach Stoutland," the 6-foot-4, 270-pounder said. "We were talking about him coming to see me and stuff. He's coming up this week. We text all the time -- he's a great guy."

Barnum previously listed UM, Clemson and USF as his top three.

Is that still the case?

"Everyone that's offered me - they're all even," Barnum says.

That means he's got eight schools at the top of his radar: Miami, UCF, USF, Virginia Tech, South Carolina, Clemson, Florida State and Alabama have all extended offers.

"None are above the others," he says.

Barnum will see two of the schools this summer: He says he'll attend the Auburn summer camp and will also take an unofficial visit to Miami.

"At both places I'll be looking at the depth charts, the environment, stuff like that," Barnum said.

Barnum says his spring practice is going well so far. He says he has gained 20 pounds of muscle since last season.

While coaches visiting his school this spring aren't allowed to talk to him per NCAA rules, he says the feedback he's gotten from his high school coach is "the college coaches say I've got good feet quickness, finish all my blocks, am a good pass blocker."

Barnum is being recruited to play guard in college; he's a left tackle in high school.

Of what he knows about UM, Barnum says, "I know they have a great football team and are in a rebuilding mode. They've won national titles. I know a lot about them.

"I've been to Miami before, to their practice. And I went to the Nike Camp down there and saw the campus. It was real nice."
 10 years ago '06        #1440
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
good looks fam
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
55 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago