Video inside hov told biggie to respond to hit em up
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Love White Hoes like this
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 Video inside Gucci Mane's Brother Upset That He & His Mother Were Not Invited To The..
10 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 12 Lines From 'Super Slimey' You Can Use to Stunt on IG
54 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1401
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
i just heard about this n*gga Cook, homeboy is 6'7 :wow: datz some sh*t.

Cook surprises with early commitment

While several Texas quarterbacks had made early commitments, but Altair Rice Consolidated signal caller Taylor Cook was just waiting on his first offer over the last few weeks.

Taylor Cook has made a solid commitment to Miami.
Cook received that offer a week ago with Miami coach Patrick Nix made his way to his high school. He decided after doing some research and talking things over with his parents, that it was time to make a commitment.

Another big reason why he made his commitment to Miami, according to coach Brad Dumont, was that he was set on playing quarterback at the next level.

"Some others hadn't offered but talked to him about being an athlete," Dumont said. "He wanted to play quarterback. He knew they were recruiting about three quarterbacks and he knew he wanted to be one of the ones that had a shot, so he wanted to do it before someone else did."

Cook also said that he's not looking around even if an in-state school comes calling.

"I'm not going to back down from the commitment," Cook said.

Etc.
 10 years ago '07        #1402
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,649 | Props total: 36 36
6'7 QB? damnnn lol
 10 years ago '04        #1403
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
May 10, 2007
Yeah, I Said It
In our what have U done for me lately world it appears Paul Dee is moving on because his lately hasn't been as inspiring as his legacy.

His graceful exit from his position as Miami's Athletic Director (READ STORY HERE) wasn't exactly a shock to me considering I heard rumors of it eight months ago and he's been laying low for the past five months while others in UM's hierarchy handled some VERY IMPORTANT issues like the ongoing talks with Dolphin Stadium officials and the City of Miami over UM's future football home.

I was told Dee's top priority and main focus was on raising money for the athletic departments fund-raising sprint, but I saw the writing on the wall, and apparently so did Dee.

Like Kenny Rogers sang in The Gambler: "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, Know when to talk away and know when to run. You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table. There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done."

I believe Dee, who loves the University of Miami more than anyone I've ever encountered, knew the cards he was holding were a loser and concluded it was time to throw them in before someone else forced him to. He likely realized it was time to allow someone younger, with more energy, more connections, more arm twisting ability, but certainly not more respect, to run his beloved program.

My hope is that he'll have a hand in picking his successor because no one more than him knows exactly the type of person needed to rejuvenate UM's presently floundering sports teams.

I honestly feel sorry for whoever takes over UM's athletic department because the expectations are EXTREMELY HIGH and the resources are ESPECIALLY LOW. Yeah I said it!

Is it a coincidence that Dee announced he's retiring during the athletic department's worst competitive year in more than a decade? I think not. But I'm glad he's getting out in a year because I know he cares about UM athletics (all of them) more than anyone else in the world, and my fear is his weak heart can't take the heartache anymore.

While U will ignore all the great things UM accomplished during Dee's tenure, and there are many (HERE'S A SHORT LIST), the one thing he never did was raise buckets full of money regularly, and more than anything that's what this little private school with a lackluster fan base needs.

Miami needs the Hecht Center expansion done yesterday. They need the baseball stadium completed a decade ago. UM needs a practice facility for the men's and women's basketball team right now so Jack McClinton and Maurita Reid have somewhere to work on their game when Barney and Friends are set up in the BankUnited Center, which UM really rents, and often doesn't have full access to.

And that's just my shortlist of immediate needs for an athletic department that annually struggles to stay in the black, which explains the much needed move to Dolphin Stadium. Dee probably wants to get out before that's also blamed on him, much like everything else is.

Miami's money needs forces me to predict UM's next Athletic Director will be a Jerry Lewis type. Miami desperately needs a money maker.

With that criteria in mind the only Hurricane I know with that type of background is Bernie Kosar. Yeah I said it! I think I'm still laughing at the thought of Kosar becoming UM's football coach. But athletic director, now that I'd give some serious thought to if I were president Donna Shalala. From what I understand Kosar can make money walking down the street, but I'm sure there are other things about him that Miami needs to look into first.

But then again maybe new blood, non-Hurricane blood, would be a good thing. Yeah, I said it.

Here are a few more of my off the wall beliefs.

Television networks are making a HUGE mistake by not hiring Larry Coker to be a college football analyst. Coker's the funniest person in sports I know, and boy does he have some stories to tell. He's such an honest man I'm sure he'd share all his dirty laundry to the nation. The funniest thing about Coker is the fact that he couldn't tell a lie to save his life, or at least a good one. We in the media often found it comedic the way he'd always confess in the middle of his attempts to deceive. That characteristic is way out of the norm of today's head coaches.

I know he's not that attractive to look at but Coker's no worse than that fossil Lou Holtz. Sunshine Network should at least put him on their Saturday telecasts in an attempt to balance out that heavy Seminole and Gator flavor Florida's top sports network has.

Brady Quinn being drafted by Cleveland likely means Ken Dorsey will be looking for a new team, or a new profession in the coming months. I know Rob Chudzinski is Cleveland's offensive coordinator and that he owes most of his success to Dorsey, but loyalty means nothing in sports today. Chud's got to win now or he'll also be looking for another job. But maybe he'll keep Dorsey around to coach Quinn. If not the University of Miami better find a way to get Dorsey on its staff somehow, some way, because I predict Dorsey will be the next Major Applewhite, a fast riser in the college coaching community.

Sticking with Cleveland, I couldn't believe Tyrone Moss was cut from the Browns training camp roster after one weekend. One weekend! After looking at Cleveland's unimpressive stable of backs I just knew Moss was making that roster. But to see he didn't even make it out of the first weekend was absolutely shocking, and alarming. The lesson learned? Backs need to be versatile because catching passes and blocking is important too.

Boy was it good to see Miami land another commitment from an offensive player, even if Texas quarterback Taylor Cook's other firm offers were from Kansas State and SMU. Yikes! Not even Houston or Rice? Oh well, at least he won't have a problem seeing over the line of scrimmage considering he's all of 6-foot-7. Even if that's a fudged height he's at least 6-foot-5, which is really good. Maybe Cook's one of those hidden gems UM loves to unearth. I still say two quarterbacks need to be in the 2008 signing class. Patrick Nix's offense better be s3xy or else skill position guys will continue to run from this program like its got mad cow disease.

Get it, slow moving offense compared to a diseased cow, which is a slow moving animal.

Yeah I said it!
 10 years ago '04        #1404
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,741 | Props total: 3891 3891
Check em out now

[pic - click to view]

you can buy em now from allcanes.com

click on latest items

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 05-15-2007 at 04:18 PM..
 05-15-2007, 07:17 PM         #1405
Sh0wty  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Reppin ALLCANES! Used to Work there!
 05-16-2007, 01:13 PM         #1406
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 16, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Mike Goodman bio

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Miami (FL) Columbus High School OL Mike Goodman already lists offers from programs like Florida State, Wake Forest, Wisconsin, Ole Miss, Maryland and South Carolina.

But he says the local school hasn't offered, although Cane coach Patrick Nix did go to his school this spring to scout him.

"Everyone wants to be a Hurricane," Goodman said. "If Miami offers I would still wait, though. I'm just taking it all in."

Goodman says he received a recent text message from Nix asking him to come to UM's summer camp in June.

"I'll be there," Goodman said. "He hasn't said if he'll offer yet."

Goodman says he has nine scholarship offers and that all those schools are currently even on his list.

It's been an impressive rise in the recruiting ranks for a 6-foot-6, 270-pounder who didn't begin playing organized football until his sophomore year of high school.

As a freshman he was at Miami's Robert Morgan Vocational Technical Institute. The school didn't have any sports teams.

"It's a vocational institute, so you pick a trade and get certified after you graduate," Goodman said. "That wasn't the place for me. I wanted to go further in life, didn't want to work right out of high school. So then I went to my area school, which was Palmetto. I played JV football there as a sophomore, just got into football, never played Pop Warner at all.

"It was something where I just said `I might as well try it, use my body for something.' My JV season I didn't know what I was doing. They moved me up to varsity at end of the season, then the coaches left. I went to Columbus, but it was mainly an academic move and for me as a person."

He says he received his first offer three months ago. It came from FIU.

"I had never gotten a letter from Miami until one arrived out of the blue last week," Goodman said.
 05-16-2007, 01:14 PM         #1407
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 16, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Ugo Okpara bioVideo highlights

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Sugar Land (TX) Ft. Bend Dulles CB Ugo Okpara was all set to become a Hurricane a few weeks ago.

He was waiting for coach Randy Shannon to receive and review his film and give a thumbs-up on an official offer.

That offer hasn't come yet, and now Okpara is taking a new tact with his recruitment.

He says, even if Miami offers, he's going to wait a while to make a choice.

"I'd be more hesitant to commit now because I want to check out some campuses," the 6-foot-1, 170-pounder with 4.48-second speed said. "I'm making my top five choices and will look at the campuses and then make decision."

He says he knows Miami, Arkansas, Virginia and Oklahoma State will be in his final five.

"I'll be checking out all the schools after my school ends," he said. "I'll start taking unofficial visits to my top choices and take it from there."

Coach Tommie Robinson watched Okpara practice this spring.

"We've also talked on the phone," Okpara said. "The last time we talked he said he liked watching me practice and that they are going to keep in touch."

Okpara's spring game is this Friday.

"I'm having a great spring right now," he said. "A lot of coaches are coming to watch me. They come every day."

The spring has netted him new offers from Missouri, Arkansas, Duke and Northwestern.

Three other schools had offered before the spring began: Virginia, Oklahoma State and Baylor.

What will he be looking for on his unofficial visits as he tries to hammer out a final decision?

"The facilities and comparing them, seeing that I can have the best equipment to work with, and then getting to know the coaches and seeing how I connect with them, that we're on a good level," Okpara said. "And I'll check out the campus, the dorms, make sure I make the right decision and make sure I fit into the program."
 05-16-2007, 01:14 PM         #1408
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 15, 2007

JC Shurburtt
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Miami (Fla.) Northwestern defensive lineman Benjamin Jones is still sidelined with an injury that forced him to miss his entire junior year and spring practice this year. The 6-foot-6, 270-pounder has seen his recruitment pick up despite the injury keeping him off the field.

Plenty of schools are after Benjamin Jones.
"They want me to sit out spring," Jones said. "But I will be back in the fall. It's my last year and I want to finish it with a bang. A lot of people have big expectations and have a lot questions marks about my ability."

Despite those question marks, recruiting has gone well.

"Recruiting has been good," he said. "I talked to Ole Miss today and I've talked to Arkansas. I'm also hearing from Miami, South Carolina, LSU and Alabama."

Currently, there are two schools that stand out to Jones, though he remains open.

"I like LSU and Miami," he said

Earl Lane is recruiting Jones for the Tigers.

"He seems like a great coach," Jones said. "He said it's great up there and they've got a good team."

Jones hopes to make an official visit to LSU.

Clint Hurtt is recruiting Jones for UM, which has verbally offered.

"Miami is nice," he said. "It's right here at home. I don't have that far to go for family and friends to come and see me play, stuff like that. I grew up a Miami fan. I like Miami but I'm not going to make a decision right now. I'm going to wait until on or around Signing Day."

Jones added that South Carolina and Alabama also could get official visits. Robert Gillespie is recruiting for the Gamecocks while Lance Thompson is recruiting for the Crimson Tide.

Jones is looking for several things in a program.

"I am looking at the surroundings," he said. "I want to see if I am uncomfortable with soundings and the people there."

05-16-2007, 01:15 PM         #1409
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 15, 2007

JC Shurburtt
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Pre-evaluation Rivals100 defensive tackle Marcus Forston has had the hometown Miami Hurricanes at the top of his list for nearly the entire process. But in recent weeks, several schools have drawn even and are squarely in the mix to land the talented prospect.

Notre Dame and others have been making a strong push for Marcus Forston.
Forston talked about his decision during a May 8 interview with CaneSport.com.

"I basically said that everybody has been telling me the same thing," Forston said. "I have been hearing a lot of good things from a lot of college programs. I feel the same way about every college now."

One of those programs is Notre Dame, which sent head coach Charlie Weis to Miami to check on the 6-foot-3, 290-pounder. The Irish have positioned themselves well.

"They've just been telling me a lot of great stuff," Forston said. "They were saying that (Notre Dame) is going to prepare you for life after football. The average career for a football player in the NFL is four years. You are going to be prepared for life with a degree from Notre Dame."

In addition to the f!ghting Irish, Miami, Florida, Florida State, Minnesota, North Carolina, Central Florida, Alabama, LSU and Southern California all are schools Forston remains interested in.

"I don't really have a top five or anything right now," he said.

If he did, however, Miami would be on it.

"Miami is one of the first colleges I knew," Forston said. "Those guys are always going to be in my top five or whatever. They are the school I know the most about.

While Southern California is quite a haul from Dade County, Fla., Forston's interest in the Trojans remains.

"A lot of people talk about the distance between there and Florida," he said. "Really, there should be nothing that stops me from going out there if I want to, though."

Forston also commented on the Gators, Seminoles and Golden Gophers.

"Florida has been coming at me pretty hard," he said. "FSU has been talking to me a little bit. With Minnesota, They have just been recruiting me hard and paying me a lot of attention.

Forston and his Northwestern teammates are in their final weeks of spring practice (they play host to Belle Glade Glades Central in their spring jamboree next Saturday). He talked about his performance.

"The things I have to improve on are just communicating with my team more often on the field," he said. "It may be a play I know. That's the key so if there is a situation where I can help my teammates, I can."

Forston will play next Saturday night.

"My knee had been bothering me, but it's better now," he said. "I am going to play."

Forston is a Rivals.com Junior All-American.
 05-16-2007, 01:15 PM         #1410
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 15, 2007

Related Links:
Jordan Futch bio

Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna High School LB Jordan Futch was planning to announce a decision by the end of this month.

But now that's changed.

"Right now I'm not sure when I'll announce," he said. "A lot of things have been going on between things happening at school with the coaching (coach Mark Guandolo may be leaving for another school). I have no idea when I'll announce. It's up in the air."

Futch said it's possible he'll play at another school next year, although he said rumors of him heading to Miami Pace are just that -- rumors.

"I don't think Pace will be a possibility," he said. "I don't know where I'll be going, and I might stay. I might stay depending on the new coach that comes in."

Also muddying Futch's plans to announce in the next few weeks is the introduction of several new schools into his recruiting picture.

"A lot of coaches have been coming through (for spring practice)," Futch said. "USC, Ohio State, North Carolina have offered, a lot of schools. Head coaches have been coming down. The Colorado and Georgia head coaches came down and spoke to me. It's been pretty busy and pretty intense."

UM coach Joe Pannunzio was at Futch's practice yesterday.

"The rest of the (Miami) coaching staff will be in on the 19th for my spring game," Futch said. "I talk to coach (Michael) Barrow a number of times during the week. Coach Pannunzio texts me a lot. They stay in touch, write me handwritten letters a lot."

Futch, who once said UM was his leader, now says he isn't even listing a top five.

"I canceled the top 5, want to stay focused on my team because we're going though the coaching thing," he said. "I'm just worrying about my team right now."
 05-16-2007, 01:16 PM         #1411
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 15, 2007

Related Links:
Etienne Sabino bioVideo highlights

Miami (Fla.) Dr. Michael M. Krop High School LB Etienne Sabino has gotten the attention of plenty of colleges this spring.

Miami, FSU, Notre Dame, USC and Duke are among several programs that sent coaches to see him practice.

"Charlie Weis really liked me, USC really liked me, coach (Ted) Roof from Duke came by, said he was very impressed with me," Sabino said.

Sabino is now up to 26 scholarship offers, including Miami.

The 6-foot-3, 217-pounder lists his frontrunners as UM, North Carolina, Notre Dame, USC, Tennessee, Georgia and Ohio State.

"I had North Carolina ahead at one point, but I wouldn't say I have a favorite now," Sabino said.

Of what he'll do to try and narrow things down, Sabino said, "I'll be looking for academics, need a good academic school first of all. I want a good mix of academics and football, and be comfortable with all the coaches and be comfortable with where I'm at."

Is there any pressure on him to stay closer to home?

"In a way, yes, everybody around me is a big UM fan, wants me to go to UM, and growing up UM was my team," Sabino said. "But I just want to keep my options open. I don't want to just jump and commit somewhere right away.

"I've spoken to (Miami linebackers coach) Michael Barrow. He says I can help the program out. He's met my mom. We've become close with Barrow. He's real cool, down to earth. And his niece goes to school with me, we're on the track team together.

"I talk to coach Barrow very often, the most of any coach. We talk probably every two days. We've had conversations that last up to two hours before. He just talks about recruiting in general, will give me pointers from his standpoint, not pressuring me to go anywhere. He tells me the pros and cons."
 05-16-2007, 01:16 PM         #1412
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 14, 2007

Related Links:
Ronnie Tubbs bioVideo highlights

Yazoo City (MS) High School WR Ronnie Tubbs is feeling positive about the chances he'll be a Miami Hurricane in the fall.

"I graduate May 25 and everything's on pace to be fine," Tubbs said.

He stays in regular contact with Miami coaches and spoke with coach Joe Pannunzio last Thursday.

"We were just talking," Tubbs said. "Miami, they're going to offer a scholarship. He told me when my report card comes they'll offer. I just have to wait to send in the (final) report card, maybe can send it next week."

UM apparently wants to make sure Tubbs will qualify for admission before extending an official offer.

Tubbs says, a.ssuming Miami does offer, he'll accept on the spot.

"That's still where I plan on going," he said. "Miami coaches know that."

Tubbs says the only other school currently recruiting him is Southern Mississippi.

"I talk to their coaches, last talked to them a week or two ago," he said.

Asked if he's excited about the possibility that he'll be a Cane, Tubbs said, "I'm just glad to go there. I think it's a done deal I'll go there."
 05-16-2007, 01:16 PM         #1413
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 14, 2007

Related Links:
Tyler Edwards bioVideo highlights

Monroe (LA) Ouachita TE Tyler Edwards says he "doesn't really have a top five right now."

But he does have a tentative top three.

"I'd say Miami, Alabama and LSU," he says.

Edwards says he received a Miami offer two months ago.

"Coach (Jeff) Stoutland is recruiting me," the 6-foot-4, 240-pounder with 4.7-second speed said. "He said he liked how I move and block, and the intensity I have."

What is he looking for in a college?

"A great weight program, great academics and they have to have a favorable depth chart with the tight ends, see if I can fit in," he says.

Edwards says he's planning to take an unofficial visit to Miami this summer.

"I'll also be going to check out Michigan, Florida and maybe Florida State," he said. "I know a lot about Miami's tight end tradition. That's a plus."

As a junior Edwards had 23 receptions for 350 yards and five touchdowns.

"I get compared to my brother, Eric (who played tight end for LSU and is currently with the Washington Redskins)," Edwards said. "He gives me all kind of recruiting advice. He tells me to take my time and make sure it's the right decision before I make it, and don't commit early.

"I'm going to wait until the season's over to make any commitment."
 05-19-2007, 02:02 AM         #1414
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ay 19, 2007

Related Links:
Demarcus VanDyke bioVanDyke highlight film

CLICK HERE for CaneSport TV highlights of Demarcus VanDyke's `Welcome To The U' Party

VanDyke and Farquharson have already forged a close friendship
How excited is Demarcus VanDyke's mother that he's going to be a Hurricane?

So excited that she rented out a hall at the Miami a.ssociation of Firef!ghter's building in Miami on Friday night for a "Welcome to the U party" for her son.

CaneSport was on hand for the party, which was also attended by fellow Cane signee Kayne Farquharson.

Relatives arrived from as far away as Jacksonville for the event that lasted until the early hours of the morning.

During the party there was a slide show of VanDyke's highlights on the field.

And he plans to have plenty of more highlights over the next several years.

He's gained seven pounds since his track season ended, currently tipping the scales at 172 pounds.

During track he finished second in the state in the 200 with a time of 21.46 seconds (Deonte Thompson finished first in 21.45 seconds).

And VanDyke's 400-relay team had the best time in the nation at 40.7 seconds.

"I'm real excited to get down to Miami," VanDyke said. "I'll be rooming with Allen Bailey."

VanDyke hasn't received his UM acceptance letter yet but says his grades are in order.

"I'll start out at cornerback at Miami," he said. "I played cornerback my last year and safety the first two years (of high school). Right now I'm talking to coach (Tim) Walton a bit. He just says to learn the plays and just get ready to come in."

VanDyke says he will wear uniform No. 31 as a freshman.

"That's the number I wanted," he said.

CLICK HERE for CaneSport TV highlights of Demarcus VanDyke's `Welcome To The U' Party
 05-19-2007, 02:02 AM         #1415
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 18, 2007

Related Links:
Leroy Chevalier bioVideo highlights

Houston (TX) Yates High School OL Leroy Chevalier isn't letting the lack of a Miami offer deter him from naming the Canes as his frontrunner.

"I'm not sure if I have a Miami offer, but I have Miami No. 1, Georgia No. 2 and Oklahoma No.3," the 6-foot-5, 325-pounder said. "I've talked to coach (Tommie) Robinson, we talk every week. He says they want me to be a Hurricane and he's sending my tapes to coach [Randy] Shannon, that he's supposed to offer me. I'm waiting on that."

Asked the gap between frontrunner Miami and No. 2 Georgia, Chevalier says, "It's a gap about the size of Texas."

A reason Chevalier has Miami listed in front?

His cousin, John Square, played for the Hurricanes. Chevalier is also related to teammate Damion Square.

"I grew up on Miami because John played for them," Chevalier said. "I really, really like Miami. I'm just waiting on them."

So far Chevalier lists offers from nine programs. Among those are Oklahoma, Georgia, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State.

Chevalier says he's earned a lot of comparisons to current Cane lineman Reggie Youngblood, who also played high school ball in Texas.

"Most people say I play like Youngblood played in high school," Chevalier said. "My head coach used to coach him in high school, and he says I'm similar to him also."

Asked if, in the end, he sees himself and Damion Square signing with the Hurricanes, Chevalier says, "That's a very, very strong possibility.

"Miami's very beautiful, it's a great atmosphere, and they work hard and play hard."

Chevalier says, even if Miami offers now, "I'm going to wait till after the summer before my season starts to decide.

"If Miami offers there's a big chance I'll be going there. If they don't I'll have to do what I have to do. I'm going to commit somewhere by the summer. I feel if I commit by then I'll know where I'm going to go so I can focus more on my senior season, keep raising my GPA up and all that."

* Chevalier has attended one game at the Orange Bowl -- Miami's game against Houston last year.

"The Orange Bowl, that's wild," he said. "I had a real good time."
 05-19-2007, 02:03 AM         #1416
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 17, 2007

Michael Langston
FlaVarsity.com

What a week it has been for Orlando Boone standout Jeremy Brown. The speedy star already received good news this past week in picking up offers from Georgia and Georgia Tech and now Brown has learned that the Miami Hurricanes look to enter the sweepstakes. We caught with up Brown as he went in-depth about his feelings about the Miami program.

Brown added three more big offers
With offers from Georgia, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Florida and Auburn it's easy to see why DB/WR Jeremy Brown has a smile on his face lately. That smile probably got bigger this week when the speedy 5-foot-10, 170 pound standout from Orlando nabbed yet another big time offer.

"Yeah Miami just offered me recently and I was pretty blown away by the offer. Coach (Tim) Walton has been talking to me a lot lately and they have just talked about how interested they are in me. What I like about Coach Walton is his honesty in being straight forward about everything. Miami is recruiting me as a defensive back," said Brown.

With the Hurricanes turning up the heat several other ACC and SEC programs have been keeping close tabs on Brown who also recently picked up offers from Georgia and Georgia Tech.

"It's been crazy and what's special about these particular offers is all of them are powers you hear about all the time. Georgia is a strong SEC power, not to mention Miami and Georgia Tech that you hear a lot about from the ACC."

The Miami offer is very intriguing to Brown in particular because of the talent that the Hurricanes bring in annually every season. The speedy versatile star now has the Canes very high on his list after the offer.

"I'm not sure when I will visit Miami just yet and I don't have a top five because of all the interest but I can say with complete certainty that Miami would be there. I like the way they utilize their defensive backs and I feel a good connection with Coach Walton because before he took the defensive coordinator job he was the defensive backs coach so I would say that's an advantage for Miami in that regard."

With the early interest, Brown now will have the difficulty of breaking down his list soon, and while he maintains he is excited by the early attention, he didn't feel it would happen this quickly.

"It's been really overwhelming to be honest. I have worked extremely hard to put myself in this position, but I would also be lying if I said that I expected to have this many offers this early in the process. It's really exciting and to have this many options now I just have to start breaking things down."

So far Brown doesn't have an official date set to take a visit to Miami, but as he mentioned previously, that should be only a matter of time. Currently Brown has three official visits already set up to Auburn, Notre Dame and Clemson.

"I know I'm going to Notre Dame for the USC game and then with Auburn I visit there on August 30 and then the following weekend to Clemson. I know in addition I will be taking a visit to Florida because it is so close to home for me and I want to take a closer look at their program as well so it should be fun."

For the time being though Brown is focused on a big season with the Boone Braves and the speedy back could see an expanded role with the Braves on the offensive side of the ball, something Brown wouldn't mind at all.

"The coaches pulled me in their office before the season started and said you are our big playmaker guy so we want to have the ball in your hands as much as possible. We lost our tailback from last year so the coaches are just going to spread me around at different positions this season playing slot, wide out and tailback. It doesn't really matter to me, I just want the ball in my hands so I can make something happen."

With schools recruiting Brown at a variety of positions, does he have a favorite between wide receiver or defensive back?

"No not really at all. I just want the ball in my hands as much as possible. With cornerback I like the pressure of being out on an island. Then on the other hand with the slot, you always have the ball in your hands. It's really the best of both worlds for me."

05-19-2007, 02:03 AM         #1417
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 18, 2007

Related Links:
Justin Thompson bioVideo highlights

El Camino (Calif.) Junior College DT Justin Thompson is a Hurricane commitment.

But it's not a 100 percent done deal just yet.

"As of right now the percentage I'll be at Miami, I'd say it's like 90, 95 percent," the 6-foot-5, 290-pounder said. "Other coaches are talking to me, but I still see my best thing is at Miami.

"I've been talking to coach [Clint] Hurtt. We talk twice a week. He just checks and sees how things are going down there, how practice has gone. He makes sure everything's good and my academics are on track, sees how the family is and all that."

Thompson is also in contact with former teammate Kayne Farquharson, who is an incoming UM freshman.

"He was my family here, so I've been close with him," Thompson said. "I like his style. He's a real dude. I like him."

So why is there some wiggle room in Thompson's final decision?

"Other schools haven't stopped recruiting me," Thompson said. "When I first committed to Miami I had 10 offers. Since then, the next three weeks, I got eight more offers. Oregon just offered the other day, Oklahoma, West Virginia, it's been a lot of schools.

"I try to keep my eyes open because it's a business. I've been through the recruiting process (in high school) I'm still committed to Miami, but when other coaches get in touch I talk to them. I talk to five, six different coaches."

Thompson says he's "thinking about" taking a visit to Ohio State.

"I might take a trip there because I like their coaches," Thompson said. "I also may visit LSU, and that's really it. That's who I have interest in taking a visit to."
 05-19-2007, 02:03 AM         #1418
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 17, 2007

Related Links:
Sean Spence bio

Miami Northwestern High School LB Sean Spence had Hurricane coaches at his school last Wednesday watching practice.

But Spence wasn't on the field.

"I talked to coach [Randy] Shannon later that night," Spence said. "I was a night school, so I missed it.

"Coach Shannon asked where I was and I said I was at night school because I'm trying to graduate early. I want to get a head start on college, get ready early. Coach Shannon was happy to hear about that. He was talking about school, my God Mom, because he and her are real close. They talk a lot."

Because he plans to graduate early, recruiting is accelerating for Spence.

"I'm going to try and take my visits during the school year if we don't have a game that weekend," he said. "I'll make a decision after the season.

"I think I'll visit Minnesota, South Carolina, Florida State and maybe UCF. Miami – I'll probably just go down there when I have time. But my dad said it might be an official."

Earlier this year Spence said Miami was his clear frontrunner.

Now, asked where Miami fits into his recruiting picture, Spence said, "I don't really have a top five. I'm concentrating on high school. I don't want all the hype."

So far he lists 11 offers, including Miami, North Carolina, Alabama, Rutgers and Ole Miss.

He's being recruited by a couple of Cane coaches.

"I talk to coach (Michael) Barrow a lot and coach (Tim) Walton, too," Spence said. "I talk to Miami coaches every other day, texting, and I call them."

Spence says he and several of his high profile teammates talk about attending Miami together.

"We all talk about things, all want to go to the same college," he said. "Everybody talks -- the scouts say to us that they heard we've already committed to Miami.

"We say we haven't committed to anyone except our high school."
 05-19-2007, 02:07 AM         #1419
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 17, 2007

Related Links:
DeAndre Jones bio

Hurricane coaches visited the school of Memphis (TN) University School LB DeAndre Jones earlier this week.

But they didn't exactly catch up with Jones ... or his coach, Bobby Alston.

"I was taking my AP physics test, so I didn't get to see the Miami coaches," Jones said. "They talked to one of my coaches, but the head coach was in a meeting. They talked to one of our defensive coaches instead."

Tommie Robinson is recruiting Jones for Miami.

"I get mail from Miami, and I've talked to coach Robinson," Jones said. "He said just keep working hard and they'll be looking at me real hard."

Jones says he's waiting on a Miami offer.

"I have two offers, from Ole Miss and Stanford," Jones said.

He says he doesn't have any frontrunners – "I'm just trying to take it all in right now," he says.

As a junior Jones had 68 tackles, 15 for losses, with three sacks.

He's being recruited as an outside linebackers.

"I know a little about Miami, not too much," he says. "If Miami offers they'd be pretty high on my list."

Cane incoming freshman Tyler Horn is Jones' teammate.

"Tyler talks to me about going to Miami," Jones said. "He says it's a real good school, a real nice campus, that it's a good place to go."
 10 years ago '04        #1420
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
prop ya when i can rakim, u got all this on lock, i ain't been on in a minute since i got to Miami i just been partying.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Calling All Detectives
36 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Desiigner has an aneurysm during interview
56 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Pinky counting up ones by the hundred!!
93 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 19 - George W. Bush: 'The Russian gov. made a project turning Amer..
94 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Quentin Tarantino Admits He Knew About Harvey Weinstein And Still Worked With ..
102 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 19 - Dogs make cute facial expressions to humans on purpose, study..
46 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA D-Wade gets his butt ate :mjlol:
170 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Feds Seize $22M Worth Of Weed Shipped From Cali To NYC For "Operation ..
175 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy