most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1401
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
It's amazing how we keep running the League mayne.

This is great for our university, it's huge, i mean 3 picks in the first round after a 9-3 year? dawg........

It's gonna get lots of attention to alotta recruits dawg
 10 years ago '04        #1402
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 28, 2007

CaneSport News Wire

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Entering today's NFL Draft, it appeared a couple of things were for sure: Tight end Greg Olsen would go in the first round, and he would be the first Hurricane taken.

Meriweather was the first Cane taken in the NFL Draft
The draft has a funny way of shaking things up.

Olsen was expected to go in the middle of the first round. But he dropped and didn't go until the Bears took him at No. 31.

"It's tough, but that's the way the draft goes," Olsen said. "We couldn't have asked for a better situation than playing for the Bears. They played for the Super Bowl last year.

"I'm glad to uphold the tradition of first round (UM) tight ends."

Taken before him were S Brandon Meriweather and LB Jon Beason. The pair went back-to-back with picks No. 24 and 25 to New England and Carolina, respectively.

Miami's streak of 13 straight years with a first-round draft choice is unprecedented in football history. The previous longest streak was nine straight years by the University of Florida (1983-91). The University of Miami's string began in 1995 when Warren Sapp was drafted in the first round. In the last 13 years, UM has had 32 players drafted in the first round of the NFL draft.

"It's a great honor for the University of Miami because we set the bar high," said UM head coach Randy Shannon. "It means a lot to the university because we are a family and this is a unique place. A streak this long means we've had a lot of really good players come through here. But, to me, to have players drafted in the first round and to have them already graduated, that's what is really important. We pride ourselves on being the best we can be on and off the field, and this is another example of that."

Since 1982, Miami has had 49 players drafted in the first round of the NFL draft. Prior to 1982, only 11 UM players had ever been selected in the first round.

:applause: :applause: :applause:
 04-28-2007, 08:29 PM         #1403
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I am so hyped we got Merriweather... Merriweather n Wilfork.. CHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
 04-28-2007, 08:33 PM         #1404
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why the fu*k did the jets not sign him (olsen) when they worked him out
 04-29-2007, 02:24 AM         #1405
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
April 28, 2007

Mark Wheeler
GatorBait.net

Related Links:
Regis AMP VideoTop south Florida talent

While in South Florida on Friday for the Palm Beach County Gator Gathering, Urban Meyer took time away from his busy schedule of festivities to visit Palm Beach Lakes High School to check in on Miami Hurricane commitment, defensive tackle Jeremy Lewis. However, he isn't the only UM commitment that Florida is still pursuing - add Pahokee (Fla.) defensive tackle Micanor Regis to that list as well.

Regis committed to Miami in March
Although the 6-foot-4, 285-pound Lewis has been committed for less than a month, he is already looking at camping and officially visiting several other colleges as well as Miami.

"The University of Florida came to my school today (Friday)," said Lewis. "Coach (Urban) Meyer and Doc Holliday. That's been it so far."

Florida may have been the first to visit - they however aren't the only college still recruiting Lewis.

"I'm still getting mail and new offers," said Lewis. "Florida, Georgia and UCF. They know I'm committed, but they think I rushed my decision. They don't say that, but I'm pretty sure that's what's going through their heads."

According to Lewis, initially the plan was that once he committed the recruiting process would come to a halt. However, he is rethinking that strategy.

"At first I said I wasn't going to pay attention (to other colleges), I didn't think I was going take any more visits. (Then) I was talking to my coach at my school and he said to weigh out my options and take my visits and everything like that."

Lewis then named the programs in line to get his visits.

"I don't know the five yet, but I know the Florida Gators, a slight chance I might visit LSU and probably Auburn. That's it so far," said Lewis before clarifying that Miami indeed has a visit locked down as well.

He then added, "I'm still committed, but I'm going to see what's out there."

Lewis said he plans on camping with Florida this summer as might try to get to Georgia also.

He isn't the only south Florida defensive tackle committed to the Hurricanes that Florida is still involved with.

The 6-foot-3, 300-pound Regis has several programs, including Florida, still chasing him.

This week already Georgia and South Carolina stopped by the high school. They are just two of the many he expects to visit.

"They'll start coming when we start practicing," was Regis' reply when asked which programs have sent coaches in so far.

He expects more in, because despite his commitment to the Hurricanes, college programs haven't curtailed their recruiting efforts toward him.

"No one quit recruiting me, they kept going. The same people, like Florida State, South Carolina, Clemson, Alabama, Florida, they're still coming.

"They say, 'just hear us out, give us a chance. Be open minded,'" said Regis.

Although he remains solidly in the Hurricanes corner, he said he wasn't tuning the sales pitches from the other schools out completely.

"I'm committed, I'm just listening right now."

Even with the other programs still chasing him, they haven't done as much as the team that already has him under wraps.

"Miami is texting the most and sending the most letters," Regis responded when asked who was recruiting him the hardest at the moment.
 10 years ago '06        #1406
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
grimey
 10 years ago '06        #1407
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
they neeed to draft kareem brown and baratka atkins already

04-29-2007, 12:31 PM         #1408
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
28(127) New England Kareem Brown DT MIAMI (FLA.)

Could this day be any better.. Mashed n*gga's in some football earlier, two Hurricanes on the Patriots plus Moss? CHEAAAAAAAAAAA
 10 years ago '05        #1409
bigpinero 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,251 | Props total: 210 210
I'm glad we picked up Merriweather yesterday, since Griffin was picked already.

And Brown today too...it's all about the U!
 04-29-2007, 12:43 PM         #1410
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My team didnt get any Canes but the jets had a clear shot at Greg Olsen and the Giants had a shot at Jon Beason :(
 10 years ago '04        #1411
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
ima have to rep the pats now.....
 04-30-2007, 01:21 PM         #1412
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
April 30, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Marcus Robinson bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Homestead High School LB Marcus Robinson has conducted only one media interview so far this year.

He's not a guy looking for a lot of publicity.

And he certainly doesn't need any exposure, as he's already one of the nation's most highly regarded prospects.

Robinson took some time out to speak with CaneSport.com Sunday night and says that he lists offers from schools like Miami, Florida, FSU, LSU, Ole Miss and Auburn.

He attended two UM practices this spring, including the Spring Game.

He was treated like a celebrity there. Fans swarmed him.

"I don't know how many autographs I signed -- it was a lot, though," Robinson said. "It was fun."

Robinson says he has no frontrunners right now and that there is one over-riding factor in which college he will choose down the road: "I'm looking for a college who can play me like I play in high school," he said. "First and second down I'm an outside linebacker, and on third down and long I can go rush the passer, go down to end."

That formula helped Robinson end his junior year with 22 sacks and 86 tackles. He also had three defensive touchdowns.

"Coach (Michael) Barrow is recruiting me for Miami," Robinson said. "The coaches say they want me to come and compete for a job. I last talked to coach Barrow two weeks ago. He texts me motivational speeches and I write back `Yes, sir' and things like that."

Robinson is good friends with teammate and Cane signee Joseph Nicolas.

"He's talking to me about going there," Robinson said. "He's talked about that several times already. I just laugh when he says it but he'll be like `I'm serious.'"

Robinson's coach, Bobby McCray, says his player will be a serious threat wherever he winds up.

"He's one of top linebackers/defensive ends in America," McCray said. "Everybody wants him, he's on everybody's board. He has tremendous speed. He's one of the best athletes I've ever had. He had a 4.4 computer time and his first step is just unbelievable. Miami, FSU, UCLA, everyone's after him."
 04-30-2007, 01:22 PM         #1413
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
April 30, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport.com Staff

Related Links:
Ugo Okpara bioVideo highlights

Sugar Land (TX) Ft. Bend Dulles High School CB Ugo Okpara is still waiting to find out if he has a committable UM offer.

"They're still reviewing my film," the 6-foot-1, 170-pounder with 4.48-second speed said. "I talked to coach (Wesley) McGriff a couple of days ago. I asked him how it looked and he said they're still reviewing it and they'll be in touch."

Okpara lists seven offers and plans to take an unofficial visit to Miami this summer.

"Miami will be the first college I check out," he said. "I'll be there the end of May or early June. I also plan to go to Oklahoma State for sure, I might go out to Virginia to see their campus also and maybe also some close by ones like Houston and Rice."

He has offers from all of the aforementioned schools except Houston.

Okpara previously indicated he would likely commit if UM coaches say they want him.

Is that still the plan?

"I probably will, but I might wait to see the campus before making that final decision," he says.

As a junior Okpara had 61 tackles, a caused fumble and a fumble recovery. He didn't have any interceptions.
 10 years ago '04        #1414
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 30, 2007

Michael Langston
FlaVarsity.com

Just after the 2006 season, Nease QB Ted Stachitas picked up an early offer from the Wake Forest Demon Deacons and now it appears some of the big powers around the country are ready to throw their hat into the ring in hopes of landing the speedy, but talented quarterback. FlaVarsity.com caught up with Stachitas to talk about his most recent offers.

Stachitas has started to pick-up a great deal of interest lately
Ted Stachitas never worried about pressure and that never more evident then last year when the 6-foot, 180 pounder had to follow one of the best quarterbacks to ever play out of the area in current Florida Gator QB Tim Tebow.

"I never really approached it as pressure because each team is different and Tim had his style and I had mine - doing what helps the team be successful. I really just focused on improving as a quarterback each week to help our team return to the State Championship," replied Stachitas.

The elusive quarterback did more than just get Nease to the State Championship, he nearly pulled off another state title for the Panthers in the process. Despite coming up short in the 4A Championship game, Stachitas put up some very impressive numbers his junior year throwing for over 2,000 yards and 29 touchdowns. Stachitas also showed why he is considered one of the most dangerous quarterbacks on the ground as he rushed for over 1,000 yards and 12 touchdowns.

"My speed is something I have tried to use as much as possible, but at the same time I have worked really hard this spring on my passing game as well because I will have to do more of that at the next level."

The Wake Forest Demon Deacons were the first team to let Stachitas know he was at the top of their list and now the ACC Champions have some company on the offer sheet.

"I just got offers from Miami, Georgia Tech, Stanford, Northwestern and Maryland. It's really exciting because I didn't know I would get attention this fast from all of the big name schools," Stachitas added.

With the offers now in place, Stachitas plans on taking some visits in the near future and one school that could possibly get a visit will be the Miami Hurricanes, who just made an offer the other day.

"I haven't actually talked with the Miami coaches just yet, but anytime you get an offer from Miami it's huge. Right now, they are offering me as an athlete, but I know that I would like to go check out the Hurricanes a little more to see how interested they are."

Another school that could be around until the end will be the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets and much like their ACC counterpart, the Yellow Jackets have also offered Stachitas as an athlete.

"Georgia Tech is a top rated program with a history of producing some of the best players around the ACC. Like I said before it's really exciting and I'm just trying to learn more about some of the new schools that have offered recently."

Although some of the big names are now making a push towards Stachitas, does he still have Wake Forest as the team that he feels the most comfortable with at this point in time?

Stachitas recently participated in the Elite 11 Camp
"I just really like the coaches for Wake Forest and with the offense they run over there, it plays to my strengths as a quarterback. I know when I took a visit over to Wake Forest for the Virginia Tech game last year they didn't do too well, but I was just really impressed by what a close family atmosphere it was there. Wake Forest has also made it a priority to me that they want me at quarterback and that's the position I have my heart set on at the collegiate level."

Several coaches on the Demon Deacon staff have made a strong impression on Stachitas, but tight end coach Tom Elrod has had the most influence.

"Coach Elrod is just a guy with a great personality that I hit it off really well with from the start. He talks a lot and for me that's good because I'm not a big talker until I get to know you. We talk about everything, whether that it is football related or not. I also have had good conversations with Coach Groh as well, but I spend the most time with Coach Elrod."

Before making a final decision or even narrowing his list down, Stachitas got a chance to participate in the Elite 11 camp in Athens, Georgia - an experience that has already had a big effect on the Nease standout.

"I had a great time and we learned a lot. I worked mostly on my timing in the pocket and just holding the ball a little longer because sometimes I just took off running too early last season. So patience is a big part of that. Running has always been a strong part of my game, but I also feel I bring a lot to the table with my arm as well."
 10 years ago '06        #1415
YERCELL 
space
space
$3,970 | Props total: 0 0
fu*kin Packers...I was hoping to replace one U TE w/ another.
 10 years ago '04        #1416
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
pril 30, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Marcus Robinson bioVideo highlights

Homestead High School LB Marcus Robinson has conducted only one media interview so far this year.

He's not a guy looking for a lot of publicity.

And he certainly doesn't need any exposure, as he's already one of the nation's most highly regarded prospects.

Robinson took some time out to speak with CaneSport.com Sunday night and says that he lists offers from schools like Miami, Florida, FSU, LSU, Ole Miss and Auburn.

He attended two UM practices this spring, including the Spring Game.

He was treated like a celebrity there. Fans swarmed him.

"I don't know how many autographs I signed -- it was a lot, though," Robinson said. "It was fun."

Robinson says he has no frontrunners right now and that there is one over-riding factor in which college he will choose down the road: "I'm looking for a college who can play me like I play in high school," he said. "First and second down I'm an outside linebacker, and on third down and long I can go rush the passer, go down to end."

That formula helped Robinson end his junior year with 22 sacks and 86 tackles. He also had three defensive touchdowns.

"Coach (Michael) Barrow is recruiting me for Miami," Robinson said. "The coaches say they want me to come and compete for a job. I last talked to coach Barrow two weeks ago. He texts me motivational speeches and I write back `Yes, sir' and things like that."

Robinson is good friends with teammate and Cane signee Joseph Nicolas.

"He's talking to me about going there," Robinson said. "He's talked about that several times already. I just laugh when he says it but he'll be like `I'm serious.'"

Robinson's coach, Bobby McCray, says his player will be a serious threat wherever he winds up.

"He's one of top linebackers/defensive ends in America," McCray said. "Everybody wants him, he's on everybody's board. He has tremendous speed. He's one of the best athletes I've ever had. He had a 4.4 computer time and his first step is just unbelievable. Miami, FSU, UCLA, everyone's after him."
 05-01-2007, 02:54 PM         #1417
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
May 1, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine
CaneSport.com

Related Links:
E.J. Manuel bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in Football Recruiting Board

Virginia Beach (Va.) Bayside High School QB E.J. Manuel is in New Jersey for the 4th annual Elite College Combine.

But no matter how well he does, it likely won't raise his stock much.

That's because his stock is already sky-high.

Manuel now lists 23 offers, including a recent offer from Boston College. Miami is among those offering him scholarships.

Asked where UM currently stands in his recruiting picture, Manuel says, "I don't know, to be honest. I'll visit Miami after I get out of school, in late June or early July.

"I haven't narrowed things down right now."

Manuel says he hopes to have a final decision made before his senior season, adding "if I don't have a 100 percent feeling, then I'll wait."

He says he's receiving multiple calls from reporters each day and that he's getting constant text messages.

"I'm not disrespectful -- if I get a text message I'll talk to them, I don't mind," Manuel said. "I'm definitely busy. I don't even get a chance to talk to my grandmother."

Manuel says he's speaking "almost every day" with Hurricane coaches.

"I talk to coach (Marques) Mosely and (Patrick) Nix," he says. "I just call or text to see how they're doing, how things are going down in Miami. They talk about the opportunity they have down at Miami. That's just about it."

In case you don't know he could be the number 1 prospect in the country. They say hes a Vince Young Clone......
 10 years ago '04        #1418
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
all these recruits need to look at last weekends draft...3 first rounders....that was as many as FSU & Florida - COMBINED
 10 years ago '07        #1419
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,617 | Props total: 1 1
3 first round picks on a bad year. we k!llin these NCAA schools
 10 years ago '06        #1420
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
May 1, 2007

In case you don't know he could be the number 1 prospect in the country. They say hes a Vince Young Clone......[/COLOR]
:wow:

word. same shyt they said about Terrelle Pryor, i hope we can land EJ

can somebody hook it with that new Jordan Futch article on canesport

:rasta:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
73 comments
1 day ago