Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 1 year ago '07        #14121
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
Swag16 boys balling all over the state

Gotta keep this class intact by any means necessary. Too many studs TOO MANY
 1 year ago '05        #14122
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
UM SCRIMMAGE REACTION

UM held its second scrimmage tonight (closed to the media) and one of the highlights was a long touchdown catch from Stacy Coley. Also, Chad Thomas said Anthony Moten had two sacks and UM said Ufomba Kamalu also had two sacks. Gus Edwards and Mark Walton scored on short runs, and UM said Darrell Langham and David Njoku scored on receptions. Quarterback Malik Rosier scored on a short run.

Also notable: Danny Isidora moved from first-team right guard to first team right tackle, and Joe Brown played with the first team at guard.

Courtesy of UM, here’s some of what Al Golden, offensive coordinator James Coley and quarterback Brad Kaaya had to say:

Head Coach Al Golden
On how happy he was to be able to get the scrimmage in with inclement weather looming…
“It was good. We got a full third quarter in, and we got the number of reps we wanted to get - not quite a full game. I’m really happy where we are. We didn’t get anybody banged up.”

On if the team was able to accomplish everything it planned to in the scrimmage…
“We did. We didn’t miss anything. We got it all in.”

On what he knows after the scrimmage that he might not have known before…

“In one play, we came up a yard short on a route on 3rd & 5. We didn’t run the requisite depth. Those situations, the kids need to learn from. We had a 3rd & 13 on defense, and we had somebody who was supposed to be backed up but played close to the line of scrimmage. Guys have to make sure they have situational awareness, that’s all.”

On which freshmen stood out in the scrimmage…

“We played a lot of them. We’ll look at the tape, but I’m pleased with that group overall. Good number of them got in – I would say probably 11 or 12 of them played.”

On if setting the depth chart will be tougher or easier than he anticipated given the results of the scrimmage…

“There’s going to be some tough decisions, there’s no question. I think back to last year, Nick Linder and Trevor [Darling] were on the scout team, and six weeks later, they’re both starting. We have a long, long way to go here. Everybody needs to improve – coaches need to improve, players need the improve."

Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach James Coley

What do you know now that you didn’t know yesterday?

"We got four quarterbacks… that can go into the game and play. I didn’t see a lot of mental errors. I saw guys who were aggressive with their throws, make good decisions and move really well in the pocket. I’ve very high on the group right now."

What did you think about the offensive line?

"I thought the ones played very well. They’re going against that one defense – that one defense is good. They got really good players up front and we have to scrap and when we scrap with those guys, every now and then, we get some bad ball. Meaning, we have some penalties. Because we have to really grab those guys because their big, they’re strong and they’re fast. So, that hurt us a little bit – some of the penalties. The twos are still learning. You’re talking about a whole unit with the twos, but they’ve gotten better from last scrimmage, so I’m encouraged."

Are you still working with the one unit or do you have your five [starters] at this point?

"I think we’ll release the depth chart after watching this film…I believe so. But, we got an idea of the rotation. You guys are kind of seeing it; Danny [Isidora] at guard… at tackle, Sunny [Odogwu]’s in there, Kc [McDermott]’s in there, Joe Brown’s in there in the mix too. So that’s what we’re looking at."

Coley, by the way, said Isidora looked good at tackle and Brown --- who has really been turning heads, as we noted on Tuesday --- looked good at guard.

Other highlights?

"We had a couple of big runs by Mark [Walton] down the field and Njoku had a couple of nice big plays," Coley said. "Herb Waters had three or four phenomenal catches.... Gus showed some tough running. He's a big back."

Brad Kaaya

On how the offense performed overall…
“It went pretty well, pretty good. I feel like we executed pretty well, and we’re just moving the ball fast. I feel like we’re cutting down on a lot of our penalties and turnovers. Just bad football, we’ve cut down a lot.”

On how he feels about the offense with two weeks to go before the season opener…
“I’m as confident as I can be after camp. Everyone’s touching the ball. We’re a hard team to scheme [against] right now. A lot of guys making plays. That’s what I’m confident about – our personnel, and the fact that everyone is on the same page.”

On the performances of wide receivers Stacy Coley and Herb Waters…
“They had really good days. A lot of clutch catches on third down. Stacy caught a touchdown. They looked pretty good today.”

On how the offensive line did as a unit…
“Our offensive line played good. They only gave up one sack today. There are still guys switching around, but as of now, the offensive line looks pretty set. Joe Brown has been making some good plays – he’s on second team right now, but Joe is a guy who has stepped up a lot this past camp. Overall, the offensive line is really coming together well.”

On the touchdown pass to Stacy Coley and who else had touchdowns…
“It was pretty long. I don’t know how long. Darrell Langham did, Mark [Walton] did, Malik [Rosier] ran one. We had a lot. I think a majority of our drives were coming away with points, either field goals or touchdowns. That’s what I like.”
notes on todays scrimmage
 1 year ago '04        #14125
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 theU said:
T double D
 1 year ago '06        #14126
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
Saw trick in court last year. He was lookim flabby and sick then too larry holmes. Stilll had a bad a.ss black bi*ch with him tho still a legend

@ thak you for yourr contributions to thiss thread
 1 year ago '07        #14128
theFREAK 3088 heat pts3088
space
space
$46,192 | Props total: 16182 16182

1 year ago '05        #14130
Clutch City Kid 80 heat pts80
space
space
$16,731 | Props total: 9156 9156
bout time to bring this thread back

1 year ago '05        #14132
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
Nice fu*kin comeup
 1 year ago '06        #14133
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
Thats fire

Are the jerseys they practicing going to be ones thry play in the games
 1 year ago '07        #14134
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
Nah @

New jerseys flame tho
 1 year ago '07        #14135
space
space
 1 year ago '07        #14136
space
space
1 Week

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by theFREAK; 08-29-2015 at 10:40 PM..
 1 year ago '11        #14137
ghostridah 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,580 | Props total: 340 340
Gus Edwards season is over Smh
 1 year ago '07        #14138
space
space
 ghostridah said:
Gus Edwards season is over Smh
Wow
 1 year ago '11        #14139
ghostridah 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,580 | Props total: 340 340
 theU said:
Wow
Right
 1 year ago '06        #14140
csarvis3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,136 | Props total: 214 214
Hope Walton is the truth.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy