Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '05        #13961
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 ThaReapa904 said:
Jordan decommited while at FSU apparently lol...he walked into Jimbo office and saw the bulge and knew what time it was
Just commited to Florida
 2 years ago '08        #13962
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$399 | Props total: 3 3
we getting anybody to get excited over?
 2 years ago '05        #13963
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Just got back from the louisville Miami basketball game

Saw Tracy Howard and deon bush wanted to tell them why folden don't let them play man
Keep Ya heads up
 2 years ago '06        #13964
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,585 | Props total: 11969 11969
Got a 4 star corner to flip from the gators for the 2016 class. Bliestein and a bunch of others saying hes a monster top 3 corner. Listed as an athlete
 2 years ago '11        #13965
ghostridah 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,580 | Props total: 340 340
The Hurricanes lost three-star receiver and commitment Terrell Chatman, but they picked up a trio of talented recruits during in the last 24 hours and very intriguing former five-star prospect.

Coach Al Golden, speaking during his annual Signing Day Press Conference, said Miami has agreed to a financial agreement with Gators former five-star defensive tackle Gerald Willis III, who was booted off the team in Gainesville this past year after getting into a f!ght with a teammate over cleats back in October.

Willis III (6-2, 255) was a teammate of Hurricanes tight end Standish Dobard at Edna Karr High School in New Orleans. Golden said part of the reason UM was willing to take Willis III was because of their relationship.

"He's technically not part of this class, but he's part of our plans for this class," Golden said of Willis III who won't be eligible to play until 2016. "He will have to sit out a year, but that's part of the equation as we start to lose [Ufomba] Kamalu and some of those guys. We have other guys in place to pick them up. He's a great football player, a great motor and a guy we coveted a year ago. We did not get him. We're glad to get this time around."

Asked why UM was willing to take a player with a bit of a troubled past, Golden said Miami did it's research.

"It was things we didn't think were to the point it would discourage us," Golden said. "I think that's one of the things we tried to do, a good background check really on everybody -- all the players. We're not perfect. But in his casem it was stuff that was a lot of immaturity, things of that nature. But nothing that without the right group, right mentor -- and Stan has offered to do that for us [can't be addressed]."

Read more here:
 2 years ago '05        #13966
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
I'm just getting around to catching up to todays news, was too busy at work to even keep up with the updates

but sheesh i just read this, more of what we already know
Q: So is Miami’s class still decent in your eyes?
Bartow: “In terms of what they want to do in terms of building it into a Virginia, Al Groh type of program you have guys that can fit into their read and react scheme and power game, a lot of developmental guys. But it is disappointing in terms of geography. I mean, why are you going to take the Miami job if you’re not going to over recruit these awesome counties of Broward and Dade? It’s kind of defeating the purpose of the job and the location.”

Read more here:
 2 years ago '06        #13967
csarvis3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,136 | Props total: 214 214
Goodbye jethro. Couldn't coach or recruit. Good riddance
 2 years ago '05        #13968
Clutch City Kid 80 heat pts80
space
space
$16,739 | Props total: 9164 9164
Franklin gone

2 years ago '05        #13969
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Sunday recap

SUNDAY BUZZ COLUMN

It’s unrealistic to expect UM to land every top local high school recruit. But this Hurricanes staff hasn’t landed enough of the best ones, and the final numbers from this year’s class were sobering:

Of the 16 Dade/Broward players among ESPN’s top 300 prospects, only two signed with Miami: running back Mark Walton (sixth) and safety Jaquan Johnson (11th). Walton (69th overall) was UM’s only “get” among the nine Dade/Broward players in Rivals’s top 250.

Most of the top local players are heading elsewhere: five-star Plantation American Heritage cornerback Tarvarus McFadden and Miami Central four-star receiver Da’Vante Phillips to FSU and Coconut Creek Monarch stars Calvin Ridley and Shawn Burgess Becker to Alabama, among others.

The wall around South Florida that Howard Schnellenberger once spoke of is now aluminum foil full of holes. This UM class has more players from New Jersey (two) than Broward (one).

So why is this happening? For input, we spoke to six local high-school coaches and others involved in local recruiting. Some of the feedback:

### Ultimately, mediocrity seems to be hurting UM more than anything.

“These kids want to win,” Central coach Roland Smith said.

Westminster Christian coach Sedrick Irvin said: “Before, Miami recruited itself. Going 6-7 hurts. You’ve got other teams selling, ‘We have more people in the stands, our facilities are better, and we’re winning now.’ And Miami isn’t winning. If Alabama is telling me I’m going to be the next Amari Cooper, why would I go to UM?”

Coconut Creek Monarch coach Calvin Davis said his two Alabama-bound blue chippers --- Ridley (rated the nation’s top receiver) and four-star safety Becker --- originally “were both leaning toward Miami. Then they went to Alabama and it opened their eyes. They want to win a championship.”

### Analyst Larry Blustein said local coaches have expressed concern to him about player development at UM.

“Between coaches and players, they all agree they’re not seeing a lot of development,” Blustein said. “If the average person looks at it that way, it’s a valid concern. They feel there’s not a lot of progress. You can say maybe some kids came in overrated. But you can’t use that explanation on everybody. A coach said the proof is there, that some of these are NFL-caliber guys" but are not playing up to their potential at UM.

Quick aside: Blustein says he’s merely conveying what coaches and players tell him. And in fairness, whereas some players haven’t lived up to their lofty recruiting status once they arrived on campus (Tracy Howard, Jelani Hamilton, since-transferred Jalen Grimble, among others), several have improved while at UM (Ereck Flowers, Phillip Dorsett, Clive Walford, among others).

Former UM player Donnell Bennett, who was a head coach for five years at two Broward schools and is now director of player development at Cardinal Gibbons, said the development of players at UM “could be working against them. They have to look at that, have to see if they’re cultivating fruit as well as they should be.”

### One highly successful coach of a Miami-Dade high school, who requested anonymity because he doesn’t want UM to shun his players, raised concerns about several members of UM’s staff.

“You get what you pay for and with some exceptions, this is a Temple coaching staff at a program that considers itself a national championship program,” the coach said. “The bottom third of that staff is coaching out of position --- Brennan Carroll coaching receivers, Tim Harris running backs, Hurlie Brown linebackers.”

### A second successful Miami-Dade coach, who also asked not to be quoted by name, said several local coaches aren't fans of defensive backs coach Paul Williams --- a topic that has been discussed among them, according to the coach.

To his credit, Williams has helped land several prominent four- and five-star recruits; early enrollee Johnson, the k!llian safety, praised him.

But one reason why four-star Westminster Christian safety Tim Irvin (Michael Irvin’s nephew) chose Auburn over Miami is that “he didn’t have a good relationship with the defensive backs coach at UM,” said Sedrick Irvin, Tim Irvin’s uncle and head coach.

“Tim had a good relationship with Hurlie Brown, but Hurlie wasn’t going to be his position coach," Sedrick Irvin said. "The other DB coaches did a better job of telling him what he does [well] and what he needs to work on.”

### Sedrick Irvin said UM’s tradition doesn’t help as much in recruiting as it once did.

“This new generation doesn’t know the history of The U and isn’t about the history of a school,” he said. “Now they’re picking based on the color of the uniform. They’re going to Oregon because of the uniform. That and facilities is what gets kids’ attention.”

### And on that facilities front, UM --- while much improved over five years ago --- doesn’t measure up to the top SEC schools and FSU and Oregon and others, several local coaches said.

“They’ve closed the gap a bit with facilities, but it’s still nowhere near Alabama and Texas,” said Columbus High coach Chris Merritt, who said the NCAA cloud over UM was the biggest hindrance to UM recruiting before this year.

Said Irvin: “If I’m a recruit, I’m looking at 100,000 people at a game in Alabama, and 30,000 at a game here. And there’s not an on-campus facility here.”

### Coral Gables coach Roger Pollard said this also works against UM in recruiting: “Look at the coaches recruiting this area: Randy Shannon [at Florida], Mario Cristobal at Alabama. A lot are Miami-bred coaches or have connections to Miami coaches like [Texas and former Louisville coach] Charlie Strong.”

(Strong isn't from South Florida but is close with his former a.ssistant Clint Hurtt, a former UM a.ssistant who helped recruit South Florida for Strong at Louisville and now works for the Chicago Bears. Louisville remains a formidable factor in South Florida recruiting even with both Hurtt and Strong having moved on.)

### Blustein and others wonder why Miami didn’t pursue several players who generated interest from other major programs.

Pollard said Miami’s decision not recruit his three-star safety/receiver Shaquery Wilson --- who signed with Georgia --- “makes me scratch my head.”

Blustein said UM will regret not pursuing Doral Ronald Reagan linebacker Shawn Curtis (signed with Mississippi) and that Miami should have offered Coconut Creek Monarch safety Ronnie Hoggins (USF-bound; led the state in interceptions). He said he mentioned Curtis to UM staffers Kevin Beard and Jorge Baez but UM never called Curtis.

Of the four elite local players snagged by FSU, UM curiously didn’t offer one of them (Central defensive back Calvin Brewton, according to his coach) and was late in offering both McFadden and Hallandale linebacker Sh’Mar Kilby-Lane, according to the players. At least one four-star recruit that UM coveted, Booker T. Washington safety DaVante Davis, wanted to leave South Florida for college and signed with Texas.

“What Butch Davis and Jimmy Johnson did,” Blustein said, “was look at what top players schools had coming in two or three years” and recruit lesser players from those schools before that "to cultivate relationships.” He said UM needs to do that.

As recruiting analyst Ryan Bartow told our Manny Navarro: UM coaches “make the job harder than it needs to be” by going outside South Florida to recruit players "who are no better than players they’re passing on here. It’s kind of defeating the purpose of the job and location.”

### Plantation American Heritage coach and former UM player Mike Rumph, who had two elite recruits (FSU-bound McFadden and Ohio State-bound Torrance Gibson) told WQAM's Adam Kuperstein on Friday that UM has to “come out” to his school more and send coordinators or “staples in the community,” such as a.ssistant Tim Harris.

He says SEC schools “are doing their homework, showing up for every little thing like basketball games. I want [UM] to be similar to that.” He said he met with Golden recently “and told him my concerns.”

Rumph said recruiting would be easier for UM if it blitzed more on defense and played an up-tempo spread offense --- “similar things to what kids are doing at the high school level.”

### On the topic of schemes, keep in mind that one reason why defensive tackle Travonte Valentine, a top 2014 recruit, opted for LSU over Miami is he preferred a 4-3. Some prefer a more attacking style or more man coverage. “Style plays a part, but winning is everything,” Bennett said.

### Bennett makes a point similar to Rumph's, a.sserting that UM needs “to be more visible” and creatively market the program to recruits: “Rutgers had a billboard here off I-95.”

UM has eight South Florida oral commitments for 2016 but a.ssuredly will need to win more games in 2015 to hold onto to some of them. One of those commitments, four-star St. Thomas Aquinas receiver Sam Bruce, has openly yearned for Oregon to offer him.

CHATTER

Read more here:
 2 years ago '06        #13970
csarvis3 1 heat pts
space
space
Wow that article is pitiful. I thought golden was supposed to be a stud recruiter. Coley isn't mentioned by recruits much either.
 2 years ago '08        #13971
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
$21,342 | Props total: 94 94
fu*k Golden and his staff, i can't believe he hasn't fired anyone.....fu*king stubborn idiot because of this he'll never get a respectable coaching job anywhere.
 2 years ago '07        #13972
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,223 | Props total: 459 459
Franklin Gone....not replaced yet

Carroll Gone and Replaced by KB which is a major upgrade in my eyes. Maybe Stacy Coley will be alive next season
 02-10-2015, 01:05 AM         #13973
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
Franklin Gone....not replaced yet

Carroll Gone and Replaced by KB which is a major upgrade in my eyes. Maybe Stacy Coley will be alive next season
why was he coaching wrs? i thought he was a te coach his whole career?
 2 years ago '11        #13974
ghostridah 35 heat pts35
space
space
Randy Melvin new DL coach
 2 years ago '04        #13975
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
i like the kevin beard hire, we need some real miami blood on this staff

i expect stacy coley to get his head out of his a.ss and produce big time next season
 2 years ago '05        #13976
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 ghostridah said:
Randy Melvin new DL coach
Coached with folden at temple
 2 years ago '11        #13977
ghostridah 35 heat pts35
space
space
 Deeangoe said:
Coached with folden at temple
. Yup but he's coached some good players as well
 2 years ago '06        #13978
csarvis3 1 heat pts
space
space
As long as Paul Williams is gone too I don't care who they hire. Seems like thy are going for a mix of recruiters and then technicians, which may be smart.
 2 years ago '06        #13979
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,585 | Props total: 11969 11969
beast mullins

that Gulliver pipeline

2 years ago '05        #13980
Clutch City Kid 80 heat pts80
space
space
$16,739 | Props total: 9164 9164
Melvin is a fu*kin joke iam sorry but thats NOT who we needed

good lord i hate Folden so much

if Paul Williams isnt gone soon then iam honestly not sure what the entire fu*k hes thinking, hes proven he CANNOT get the job done... this whole thing with Folden hiring his friends is just plain pathetic... we all know D'Onofrio aint going anywhere (which is sad) cause Folden and him are best buddies... hopefully AD Blake doesnt put up with this sh*t much longer
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
26 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
87 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
370 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy talks about the difference between Diddy and 50 Cent (Drink Cha..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
160 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy