Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
73 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He got three girlfriends, could you handle that?
87 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uruguay has been hit by the Instathot nation
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '08        #13941
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$399 | Props total: 3 3
 csarvis3 said:
Any recruiting updates? I'm depressed as hell right now as a canes fan.
a few de-commits but OLB Charles Perry should start classes next week. Oh and WR Lawrence Cager supposed to join this summer

Last edited by FSU_CANE561; 01-24-2015 at 08:52 AM..
 2 years ago '05        #13942
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
Underachieving 'Canes quell doubt about their draft stock

Omar Kelly

January 23, 2014

Mobile, Al.

The Senior Bowl provided the perfect illustration of how iron is supposed to sharpen iron.

Phillip Dorsett's quickness had given cornerbacks trouble all week in practice, so few opted to press him tight. But Hurricanes cornerback Ladarius Gunter knows his college teammate's tendencies well enough, so he accepted the challenge in their red-zone rep of Thursday's afternoon practice.

Gunter crowded Dorsett at the line of scrimmage, took the inside position on the slant and jumped the route for an interception.
One Hurricane used the other to showcase his ability in this critical phase of the draft's evaluation process. But UM fans shouldn't be too concerned because all four of the Hurricanes who participate in this week's practice, and the two expected to play Saturday's Senior Bowl showcase game shined all week, enhancing their draft stock.

Dorsett, who pulled out of the game due to a strained back, was named the Senior Bowl's top performing receiver in practice. Gunter, who most experts projected as a late-round talent, drastically improved his stock showing off solid press skills.

Walford dominated practice, proving he's past the knee injury that kept him from participating in the Independence Bowl, and Denzel Perryman established himself as one of the week's most instinctive inside linebackers before coming down with an illness that will sideline him.
"All the Miami kids came here and play pretty well. Clive Walford has been a stud. Dorsett has got ludicrous speed," said Daniel Jeremiah, a draft analyst for NFL Network. "I'm kind of wondering, I don't remember Miami winning the national championship. They have a lot of good players!"

In fact, the Hurricanes, which produced a 6-7 record last season, are projected to have more players drafted in the three days of the NFL draft, which begins on April 30, than wins. As many as 10 will be drafted, if not invited to training camp, and most have a strong shot of making it onto an NFL roster.
The Hurricanes have two prospects - offensive tackle Ereck Flowers and Perryman - who are viewed as possible first round prospects, and another three – tailback Duke Johnson, Dorsett, Walford - who are considered to be top 100 talents in the 2015 draft.

And then there are sleepers like Gunter, who is quickly rising up the draft boards because of the Senior Bowl.
"The Miami cornerback is the only one that really impressed me this week," one NFC scout said about the Senior Bowl crop. "He fits what we do because he's got pressing ability."

Gunter also has decent size (6-2, 198 pounds). Problem is UM didn't use him much in a coverage that allowed him to press, and be physical.

The 3-4 scheme UM uses on defense, and style of coverage inn the secondary has become one of the major criticisms of Al Golden's four-year tenure, where he's produced a 28-22 overall record. And many NFL insiders believe it could be holding UM's prospects back.

Defensive end Anthony Chickillo, a four-year starter, shined during the East-West Shrine game last week, and during an in-game interview that immediately followed NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock singing his praises, Chickillo credited his success to not being in a two-gap scheme, which allowed him to be more aggressive, and get up field.

There's plenty of NFL whispers that like many Hurricanes who have become solid pros within the last eight years - Calais Campbell, Allen Bailey, Jimmy Graham, Sam Shields, Olivier Vernon, Orlando Franklin, Seantrel Henderson, Luther Robinson, Ray Ray Armstrong, Colin McCarthy and Allen Hurns - Chickillo and many others in this batch of UM talent might have better pro careers than they did in college.

There was once a day when NFL teams knew UM's draft prospects were ready to become immediate starters, if not impact players in the pros. These days UM's reputation is that the school produces underachievers.

"They had a great reputation, but those days are gone," one AFC executive said. "It's been a miracle what they've been able to accomplish with the resources they have. They might have the worst facilities in the ACC, and that's including their newest renovations. Wake Forest laps them."

This crop of draft prospects will probably have a chance to restore UM's good reputation, but to do that they must excel at the next level. And to do that they must clean up their flaws.

That's why Dorsett labeled the opportunity to showcase his all-around game a blessing.

"I'm just trying prove I'm a complete receiver, not a one trick pony. Not just a vertical guy. I'm a guy that can do the dirty work and make the catches," said Dorsett, who caught 121 passes for 2,132 yards (17.6 per reception) and scored 17 touchdowns during his four-year UM career. "I've always been a guy who can run good routes. I just never got a chance to show that at Miami because we didn't run many intermediate routes."
not recruiting news, but just more of what we know, scouts are scratching their heads why we are underperforming
 2 years ago '11        #13943
ghostridah 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,580 | Props total: 340 340
 Deeangoe said:
not recruiting news, but just more of what we know, scouts are scratching their heads why we are underperforming
 01-25-2015, 09:30 AM         #13944
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
crazy thing is the dolphins could use all of these guys should try to at least get perryman unless they get shaq thompson. would love duke to mix with miller in their run game and have tannehill throw less, then build a rapport with dorsett from the start like he is landry. and they need a press corner like gunter with his size.

um really fu*ked chickilo over. coaching staff should be gone after this year finally. much like the dolphins coaching staff
 2 years ago '08        #13945
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
$21,342 | Props total: 94 94
4 new 2016 commits today
 2 years ago '04        #13946
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 primetime said:
4 new 2016 commits today
At least golden will leave the roster with good young talent before he gets fired
 2 years ago '07        #13947
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
Just got another commit
 2 years ago '05        #13948
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,673 | Props total: 3793 3793
2016 commits see you knuckleheads in a year
 2 years ago '05        #13949
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
fu*k folden saying to these kids
 2 years ago '06        #13950
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,660 | Props total: 12161 12161
 Junior G said:
2016 commits see you knuckleheads in a year
We going to sh*t on ur garbage a.ss qb's in tally
 2 years ago '05        #13951
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 DEDOS said:
We going to sh*t on ur garbage a.ss qb's in tally
that miami defense is no joke
 01-28-2015, 01:05 PM         #13952
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deeangoe said:
fu*k folden saying to these kids
"I won't be here in 2016"
 2 years ago '05        #13953
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 Cheeze said:
"I won't be here in 2016"

2 years ago '11        #13954
ghostridah 35 heat pts35
space
space
Scarlett decomitted smh
 2 years ago '05        #13955
Clutch City Kid 81 heat pts81
space
space
$16,787 | Props total: 9249 9249
 ghostridah said:
Scarlett decomitted smh

how the fu*k can we lose Dexter and Scarlett, IN THE SAME fu*kING CLASS!!!! GOD fu*kING DAMMIT I HATE GOLDEN SO fu*kING MUCH!!!! Scarlett was my favorite recruit coming in and i felt he was the NEXT big time NFL talent RB.... truly fu*king embarrassing, and with NSD right around the corner this means Scarlett WONT be coming to The U at all even if he says they are still in the running.... fu*k Folden, get his undeserving a.ss OUTTA there before he does stuff that cant be erased for years to come

and just watch, we will lose Sam Bruce now too, juuuuuust watch n see
 2 years ago '05        #13956
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
lol Golden will forever be Big d!ck Jimbo's bi*ch.....yall never wanna listen smh

truthfully though he probably ends up at Florida because of depth but we'll be sure to fu*k his a.ss up for yall next year

Last edited by Junior G; 02-01-2015 at 09:59 AM..
 2 years ago '05        #13957
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[tweet - click to view]

maybe theres still some hope
 2 years ago '11        #13958
ghostridah 35 heat pts35
space
space
 Clutch City Kid said:
how the fu*k can we lose Dexter and Scarlett, IN THE SAME fu*kING CLASS!!!! GOD fu*kING DAMMIT I HATE GOLDEN SO fu*kING MUCH!!!! Scarlett was my favorite recruit coming in and i felt he was the NEXT big time NFL talent RB.... truly fu*king embarrassing, and with NSD right around the corner this means Scarlett WONT be coming to The U at all even if he says they are still in the running.... fu*k Folden, get his undeserving a.ss OUTTA there before he does stuff that cant be erased for years to come

and just watch, we will lose Sam Bruce now too, juuuuuust watch n see
Golden is trash point blank period.
 2 years ago '08        #13959
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$399 | Props total: 3 3
 Deeangoe said:

maybe theres still some hope
i doubt it

Golden has ruined the hopes for our program so much it's laughable

but all we can do is :drakecry: and wait for next season to be over and get a new coach
 2 years ago '07        #13960
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
No he decomitted earlier than that

He just announced it today. UF it's looking like. His GF got accepted and goes to school there
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
85 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
139 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
158 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
51 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside BOSKOE100 mad at SOULJA BOY.. say he make the BLOODS look like clowns !..
81 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Never noticed this from Scream 1
96 comments
1 day ago