Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
57 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
76 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He got three girlfriends, could you handle that?
88 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uruguay has been hit by the Instathot nation
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1361
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
UM FOOTBALL
Sources: Redd*ck likely to be sidelined
BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN AND BARRY JACKSON

Al Diaz / Miami Herald Staff
The Hurricanes' Anthony Redd*ck may be sidelined due an undisclosed knee injury.UM safety Anthony Redd*ck sustained a knee injury late last week, apparently while playing basketball, two people close to the situation confirmed Sunday night.

One person was told it was a tear to the anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee, which could sideline him for the 2007 season. The other person was unsure of the severity.

It is believed Redd*ck has not had surgery.

Redd*ck tore the ACL of his right knee during the first game of his sophomore year and sat out the rest of the season.

UM spokesman Mark Pray said late Sunday he could not confirm the information.

Redd*ck, who played at Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas High, will be a junior next season. He has two years of eligibility left, though he could petition the NCAA for a sixth year of eligibility.

Redd*ck had a phenomenal freshman year and strong spring and was competing with Lovon Ponder to start opposite Kenny Phillips.

In 2006, he missed two games with a sprained ankle and was suspended four games for swinging his helmet and smacking a Florida International University player with it Oct. 14. Redd*ck later issued a public apology.

He finished last season with one tackle in six games.
 10 years ago '06        #1362
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,660 | Props total: 12161 12161
damn redd*ck damn
 10 years ago '04        #1363
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Damn Redd*ck, dumb motherfu*ker... hope he gets better ......

April 23, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Ugo Okpara bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Sugar Land (TX) Ft. Bend Dulles High School CB Ugo Okpara lists a Hurricane offer.

Sort of.

He has a verbal offer from an a.ssistant coach but is waiting on the final word from coach Randy Shannon.

"Miami hasn't seen my highlight tape, but they should be getting it real soon -– Miami offered, but to make their decision the head coach needs to see the highlight tape," Okpara says.

Asked what he'll do if Shannon says he wants Okpara in the class, the 6-foot-1, 170-pounder with 4.48-second speed says, "most likely I'd commit at that point."

He says a commitment could come as soon as this week.

"I'm supposed to be talking with the coaches sometime soon, hopefully within a week, and if things go right and after they get the highlight tape I should be deciding real soon," Okpara says. "My parents, I told them and they know distance isn't a factor and that Miami has everything I'm looking for. There's no point in waiting, so they want me to commit also."

Okpara says Oklahoma State is No. 2 on his list behind Miami.

Why is he in a rush to make a final decision?

"If the school has everything I want there's no point in waiting, I might as well commit," he says.

Okpara has been in regular contact with Cane coaches Wesley McGriff and Tommie Robinson.

"We get along real well," Okpara said. "They says I'm a solid player, that if the ball's in the air I'll go get it, that I'll f!ght for a tackle, f!ght for the ball, that I have great hips."

As a junior Okpara had 61 tackles, a caused fumble and a fumble recovery. He didn't have any interceptions.

"They didn't throw the ball too much to my side," he said.

Okpara currently lists six offers: Miami, Oklahoma State, Rice, Duke, Virginia and Baylor.

He also competes in track for Dulles High. His specialty is the 400, and his personal best time is 49.8 seconds.
 10 years ago '04        #1364
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 23, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Damion Square bioVideo highlights

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Houston (TX) Yates High School DE Damion Square was a Texas A&M commitment.

But then he received a verbal offer from the University of Miami, where his uncle John played defensive end from 2001-03.

"When I saw the Miami offer I had to open things up," said Square, a 6-foot-3, 260-pounder with 4.6-second speed.

Asked what kind of chance Miami has to land him in the end, Square says, "A hell of a chance, man. Why do you think everybody, when they get a Miami offer, they're all hollering? They know, man, it's Miami. In my heart I'm orange and green, I love it. That's it, man. Miami, come on, I can't even say enough about it."

Square is in no rush to make a final decision, though.

"Right now I'm just going to enjoy the recruiting process, it's once-in-a-lifetime," he said.

Then he adds, "Just get ready for me, just ready for me, man. Seriously, Miami's my home away from home."

He says Oklahoma, Florida, Texas A&M, Alabama and Arkansas all rate high on his list as well.

For now he says "UM is definitely on top. They're No. 1 on my list. It's in the heart, man.

"It's a fact that Miami's putting people in the first round. That's a fact. It's fact that in 2001 Miami was the best team in college football ever. That's a fact. UM gets you to the next level."

Square grew up watching the Hurricanes and his uncle.

He's nine years younger than older uncle John, but the two lived together for several years in their grandparents home.

"My grandma raised all of us like brothers and sisters," Damion says. "John's my uncle, but he's like my brother because we grew up together."

John still lives in Miami, and Damion says he plans to visit his uncle and check out UM more in-depth this summer.

He attended the summer camp last year and plans to do the same this year.

Square is being recruited by Cane coaches Tommie Robinson and Clint Hurtt.

"Coach Robinson, he's cool," Square said. "We talk about stuff other than recruiting. Me and him chat about everyday life, anything, just how the day went, things like that.

"Coach Hurtt, I like him. I truly believe he wants to get it. You can tell the way he talks. He really wants to win. Some others are just coaching. Coach Hurtt is on you, not letting you breathe, trying to get you better every step of the way –- that's what I remember of him from the camp. He's so enthusiastic."

Square currently lists 20 scholarship offers.

He had 91 tackles and 16 sacks as a junior.
 10 years ago '04        #1365
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
damn was lookin forward to the three-headed monster at safety with redd*ck, phillips, and ponder
guess one of the incoming freshmen is gonna have to step up
 10 years ago '06        #1366
YoungGQ|m 
space
space
$13,117 | Props total: 1 1
a redd*ck dumb a.ss...
 10 years ago '06        #1367
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
Asked what kind of chance Miami has to land him in the end, Square says, "A hell of a chance, man. Why do you think everybody, when they get a Miami offer, they're all hollering? They know, man, it's Miami. In my heart I'm orange and green, I love it. That's it, man. Miami, come on, I can't even say enough about it."

-Damion Square

these are the type of players we want on our team:applause: :applause:

Rivals250 to watch Class of 2008 too

:rasta:

Last edited by DEDOS; 04-23-2007 at 04:41 PM..
 04-23-2007, 06:46 PM         #1368
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thanks for Jon Beason and Greg Olsen, guys :)

Jon is going to the G-men and Greg is going to the Jets ;)
 10 years ago '06        #1369
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
jets pick in the top 20 ????????????????????
 04-23-2007, 06:53 PM         #1370
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

I didnt think he would fall that far either but they worked him out this past weekend, so I guess they are considering him to be available
 10 years ago '05        #1371
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 Black_Deuce said:
thanks for Jon Beason and Greg Olsen, guys :)

Jon is going to the G-men and Greg is going to the Jets ;)
I would hate to see Beason in that Giants uniform :banghead: but would love to see Meriweather in our secondary with Dawkins.
 10 years ago '04        #1372
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 23, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room

CaneSport has confirmed that Anthony Redd*ck tore the ACL in his left knee playing pickup basketball.

Sources say he underwent surgery this morning.

He will be sidelined for the 2007 season.

The injury is the latest blow to the once-promising career of the safety.

He enjoyed a tremendous freshman season in 2004, notching 73 tackles while starting six games.

But he tore the ACL in his right knee in the season-opener against Florida State. He returned last year but played off the bench behind Kenny Phillips and Brandon Meriweather. He played in five games and had just one tackle. He also was suspended for four games due to his role in the FIU brawl.

This spring he was showing he was back to his former level of play, and he was pushing Lovon Ponder for the starting job opposite Phillips.

Now he will have to rehab yet again.
 10 years ago '04        #1373
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 23, 2007

Mike Farrell
Rivals.com Football Recruiting

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Wide Receiver Aaron Boyd from Lexington (Ken.) Henry Clay has been receiving his share of attention from some big-name programs. The fleet-footed, 6-foot-4, 195-pounder will have quite a decision facing him thanks to numerous offers.

Boyd is looking forward to visiting Miami.
"Yeah, so far I have offers from Kentucky, Louisville, Virginia, NC State, Cincinnati, Miami, and Tennessee. I don't really have a favorite yet but I'm going to look real close at Miami when I visit them in May or June, I think I'd fit in there well. I'm also going to look at Alabama, Notre Dame and Michigan."

Boyd hasn't been to any camps yet but expects to in the future.

"I've been clocked at 4.59-seconds in the 40, I have good hands and I run good routes, so I look forward to showing my stuff and learning."

Plenty of schools have already come in to eyeball the big receiver.

"Kentucky, Louisville, Virginia, Stanford and Tennessee have come through and someone from Vanderbilt is coming Wednesday. Boyd also plays cornerback in high school and could project as a safety as well.

"I'd play defense if I had to, but mainly I'm a wideout. If the coaches want me to switch though, I would."

Boyd has numerous big games as a high-schooler but singles one out that he'll remember.

"I liked when we played Boyle County and I had like seven catches and a touchdown, and overall it was just a great game for me and the team."

Aaron hopes to someday follow in his brother's footsteps to the NFL. Shane Boyd plays for the Arizona Cardinals.

As a junior, Boyd caught 39 passes for 730 yards and five scores and had two picks on defense.
 10 years ago '04        #1374
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
We have another commitment!!!! :applause: :applause:

April 24, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Boyd Anderson High School DB Joe Wylie hasn't gotten much attention from recruiting services despite listing offers from the likes of Ole Miss, Auburn, Georgia Tech and Georgia.

But Wylie got plenty of attention at a press conference at his school where he moments ago announced that he would be a Hurricane.

CaneSport.com was there as he made the announcement.

"I'm a Cane, it's a done deal," Wylie said. "I received a Miami offer at the beginning of this month. I went for an unofficial visit and I loved everything about it."

It wasn't news to Cane coaches that Wylie is headed to UM.

Wylie says he called coach Randy Shannon to give him the commitment news last Wednesday.

"I just told coach Shannon I prayed about it, talked to my family, coaches, and in my heart I knew I wanted to be a Cane so I saw no reason to wait," Wylie said. "Coach Shannon, when I told him I was coming, he was happy and excited. He said it's great news and he's been hoping for it. He told me he was excited to have me as part of the family."

It was the unofficial visit to UM two weeks ago that sealed the deal for Wylie.

Both his parents attended Miami, and his father –- also named Joe Wylie -– played basketball for the Hurricanes in the late 1980's.

"With my mother and father going there, and the moment I talked to coach [Jeff] Stoutland (who is recruiting Wylie ) it was like I knew him all my life," Wylie said. "Coach Stoutland said `When you know it you know it.' I knew it and it was an easy decision.

"On the visit everything coach Stoutland had been telling me on the phone, it was the same thing he was talking about. It just seemed like such a family atmosphere, everyone was happy to see me and I was happy to see everyone."

A 6-foot-2, 191-pounder, Wylie says the Hurricanes are recruiting him as a safety.

He played free safety, quarterback and receiver last season. He started two games at quarterback and rushed for a pair of touchdowns in those games. On defense he had five interceptions and 40 tackles.

"He's a rangy player, is very fast on the field, has a 40-inch vertical," Boyd Anderson coach Mark James said. "He's a basketball player and a long jumper, is a great athlete. He can do so many things."

Wylie says he hopes to earn immediate playing time as a Hurricane.

"As I told coach Shannon, I want to contribute somehow right away, whether it's on special teams or whatever," Wylie said. "I have a nose for the ball, so if he needs me to block punts, I'll go out there and block punts. I just want to contribute right away if possible."
 10 years ago '04        #1375
itstheshoes 
space
space
$883 | Props total: 0 0
Canes putting together a nice class. Good to see Da U and FSU drawing in top talent early. A top notch rivalry for years to come!
 10 years ago '04        #1376
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

no pictures of the orange jersey yet.
 10 years ago '06        #1377
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
^ nice

damn florida state beastin so far in early commitments

04-24-2007, 05:57 PM         #1378
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You should see Texas early commitments sh*t is bananas
 10 years ago '06        #1379
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
You should see Texas early commitments sh*t is bananas
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

* prays there done *

5 top 100 and 19 signings in total

these fools are 5 away from last years total commitments

wow

10 years ago '07        #1380
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,219 | Props total: 7 7
 C.R.I.P. said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

no pictures of the orange jersey yet.
tight work do they sell these joints?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
85 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
139 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
158 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
51 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside BOSKOE100 mad at SOULJA BOY.. say he make the BLOODS look like clowns !..
81 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Never noticed this from Scream 1
96 comments
1 day ago