Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
73 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He got three girlfriends, could you handle that?
87 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uruguay has been hit by the Instathot nation
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '04        #13721
booie4 
space
space
$4,877 | Props total: 589 589
they may have been one of the worse called defensive performances I've seen.

THIS IS NOT TEMPLE, PENN STATE OR VIRGINA, GET THIS SOFT sh*t OUT OF HERE
 2 years ago '04        #13722
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
They had safeties playing 15 yards back on obvious run plays

Even the commentators were saying wtf is miami doing

Lord what did I do to deserve this coaching staff
 09-21-2014, 12:15 PM         #13723
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This defense is insulting at this point

Kaaya would have put up ridiculous numbers if the defense was able to stop them at all.

What a waste of yr 1 for kaaya but at least next yr he'll hopefully have a dc worth a damn
 2 years ago '06        #13724
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,660 | Props total: 12160 12160

[pic - click to view]

Co sign

2 years ago '05        #13725
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 DEDOS said:

[pic - click to view]

Co sign

whats this

don't have an account at canes insight

to make matters worse heres more excuses from folden himself

Late Saturday night inside the bowels of Memorial Stadium, Golden was asked by a reporter if it might be time to change UM’s defensive scheme. Golden disagreed.
“We didn’t tackle well enough, we came up against a good back, and we turned the ball over three times,” he said. “Look, I don’t know what you want me to say? There’s no excuse for not tackling. There’s no excuse for not doing better on third down. But we are not giving up on the scheme.

2 years ago '08        #13726
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
$21,342 | Props total: 94 94
its pathetic now, the only reason why he should be connected with the program is for his recruiting skills.
 2 years ago '04        #13727
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
time for golden to go
 2 years ago '06        #13728
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,660 | Props total: 12160 12160
we have the top 2016 draft class so far but that shyt docent matter if we can't plug the 10 feet holes that our defense has in multiple spots every play. he wants to keep mark dorito the D coordinator so he needs to go with him
 2 years ago '05        #13729
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 DEDOS said:
we have the top 2016 draft class so far but that shyt docent matter if we can't plug the 10 feet holes that our defense has in multiple spots every play. he wants to keep mark dorito the D coordinator so he needs to go with him
omar kelly recently just spoked with a top dade recruit
said he would love to go to um but says he would be coached better at lsu or alabama

Last edited by Deeangoe; 09-22-2014 at 06:14 PM..
 2 years ago '05        #13730
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Notes

Per Barry Jackson

NFL evaluator, others critique D'Onofrio; D'Onofrio's explanation; Dolphins, Marlins chatter

BUZZ COLUMN

The noise grows louder and louder now, and even some of the prominent Board of Trustee and faculty members are starting to question Al Golden’s judgment.

“He hasn’t hired the best people,” said one Trustee, with regard to defensive coordinator Mark D’Onofrio. An AFC personnel man this week also raised serious concerns about UM’s defensive coaching. (More on that in a minute.)

Let’s be clear on a few things:

1) This defense is as much Golden’s system as D’Onofrio’s. So Golden would be dumping his system if he fired D’Onofrio.

2) Athletic director Blake James has never asked Golden to remove D’Onofrio and has given no indication that he would. James has entrusted Golden with the decision and Golden remains committed to him.

But one UM person said that does not mean that Golden and D'Onofrio will forever be attached at the hip here. Ultimately, a parting of the ways is a possibility if this doesn't get fixed. Golden naturally hopes it doesn't come to that, and if D'Onofrio moves on in a year or two or three or whenever, it would be surprising if it would be characterized as a firing.

3) The players on defense --- yes, the ones recruited by Golden’s staff --- are culpable here to a large extent. They’re the ones unable to shake blocks and stay with backs and receivers in coverage.

But it’s also fair to ask –-- as many have --- if this defensive staff is using the players correctly. We posed that question to an NFL evaluator and others inside and around the program, with two former players/media members also weighing in. Some concerns raised:

### One NFL personnel man who has evaluated UM prospects this year and in the past said the defensive players are underachieving and blames coaching to an extent.

“I don’t think kids respond to them as much you would like; I don’t think players develop as much as you would like,” the official said. “Their kids play hesitant. Something is not right with communication, because they don’t seem to learn” to correct mistakes.

### Several, including the NFL evaluator, wonder why UM plays this much 3-4 defense, especially against teams that run the ball as well as Nebraska.

One said instead of playing with three-man fronts and Tyriq McCord, who seems lighter than his listed 248 pounds, as the rush-end/outside linebacker against Nebraska, it would have made more sense to primarily play a big front of Anthony Chickillo and 295-pound Ufomba Kamalu at end, with Olsen Pierre, Calvin Heurtelou and Courtel Jenkins sharing the two tackle spots.

“Tyriq has no business being asked to put his hand in the ground [at times],” said one person very close to the program. “He’s too light in the butt. He’s a weak-side linebacker. If they can’t see what the kids are, they will never be any good.”

Asked how McCord is doing against the run, D’Onofrio said: “Everybody has something they have to improve on, starting with me.”

So against physical teams with power running games, why not play Kamalu more at end instead of McCord to give UM a bigger 4-3 front? D’Onofrio said “that would require guys to learn additional techniques” and he believes he’s already asking them to do enough.

One evaluator who has watched UM a lot said: “If you don’t have linebackers to scrape and fill, you might as well play a 4-3 and start neutralizing the offensive line.”

Former NFL cornerback and WQAM analyst Duane Starks said: D’Onofrio “doesn’t have the guys to accomplish the defense he wants to accomplish. I blame coaches for some of the scheme.”

### The NFL personnel man said UM plays its safeties too deep, including against Nebraska. McNeese State crowded the box against Nebraska much more than Miami did.

And though McNeese allowed more passing yards than Miami did, it also relinquished fewer points and fewer yards overall. UM safeties were sometimes lined up 12 yards past the line of scrimmage.

“We got four people on the ball against six,” former UM running back Clinton Portis tweeted during Saturday’s game. “And our defensive backs are playing 10 yards off. I don’t know what we are taking away.”

Asked why his safeties play so deep, D’Onofrio said Tuesday: "Generally we probably pressured 60 percent of the time, which means if we do that we only have one safety deep if we're doing that. There's no crystal ball. Is it a run down, is it a pass down? What's the situation?

“But we had defenders down to stop the run. We had somebody a.ssigned, somebody accounted for, the free player a lot of the time. And a lot of the times we just came up short. I'll take the responsibility for that and continue to try to coach the guys up so that we can execute better. But as far as run philosophy and them running the ball, we had numbers where we needed to have numbers. We just didn't have execution."

### One staffer who has worked with D’Onofrio at UM said his system is too complicated for some players.

One example: Because the defensive ends are sometimes asked to switch sides during a game, they must study the offensive linemen on both sides, not just one. “That’s too much to ask of college students,” one source said, adding it doesn’t even help that much.

### Another question raised is whether this system makes players think too much. In this defense, “you have to do more than just your a.ssignment,” Starks said. As a result, “we’re getting slow reaction.”

Said the NFL evaluator: “Too much read and react. Kids are scared to make mistakes, and they play tight, looking over their shoulders.”

### UM defensive linemen sometimes are asked to move around before plays, which at times has led to confusion and open lanes. D’Onofrio said he does it so the opponent doesn’t know where the fourth rusher is coming.

But “if you are trying to run these lazy stunts, it’s not going to get it done when you don’t have that great defensive line,” Starks said. “We’re missing guys that can beat his guy one on one.”

### Cornerbacks giving up too much space. UM insists it is playing a lot of man defense, more than D’Onofrio’s first season.

Many (not all) of these defensive backs are more comfortable playing press man than zone, but suggestions from defensive players aren’t welcomed, one player said.

One problem is that UM’s most highly-recruited cornerback, Tracy Howard, doesn’t have enough speed to recover if he plays too tightly on a receiver and is beaten initially, one UM person said.

Starks wonders: “What is the purpose [of this defense]? Beats me. With every defense I played, there was a purpose. There is a lot of BS going on and it has to be fixed. That scheme has to change".
 2 years ago '07        #13731
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
Coach D is a true idiot

His quotes yesterday just sealed his fate with me. One thing you can't be as a coach is stubborn. Him and Golden two sorry stubborn dudes. Shame that Coley has made more changes in 4 weeks than they have in 4 yrs.
 2 years ago '05        #13732
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
Coach D is a true idiot

His quotes yesterday just sealed his fate with me. One thing you can't be as a coach is stubborn. Him and Golden two sorry stubborn dudes. Shame that Coley has made more changes in 4 weeks than they have in 4 yrs.
The worst part that it is still al goldens defense even if by some miracle dnofrio is fired or resigns, it's still goldens philosophy and schemes and he has the audacity to blame the kids and tackling when he's putting them in a position to get trucked by rbs

But besides that the scheme is working and we are improving foh, get rid of em both
 2 years ago '08        #13733
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,998 | Props total: 30 30
Golden was all good just a week ago though.
 09-24-2014, 12:45 PM         #13734
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
 2 years ago '07        #13735
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
Y'all gonna be talking like this once jameis leaves. You got a view of the future Saturday night
 2 years ago '05        #13736
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,673 | Props total: 3793 3793
if you think Maguire will ever start another game at FSU you're an idiot. you see the 3 four stars we bringin in this year along with Baby Marino who is redshirting this year.....smarten up son
 2 years ago '05        #13737
Clutch City Kid 81 heat pts81
space
space
$16,786 | Props total: 9249 9249

Unhappy fans and former players may be pushing to create a divorce between the Miami Hurricanes and Mark D’Onofrio, but it’s become apparent in the days since the loss at Nebraska nobody inside UM’s defensive meeting room is ready for a breakup — at least not publicly.

Like one unified chorus, D’Onofrio and his players echoed coach Al Golden’s sentiments from over the weekend. Those who spoke to the media following Tuesday morning’s practice said it’s not the scheme or play-calling that led to the the Cornhuskers shredding Miami for 343 rushing yards.

The breakdowns happened — they say — in the execution of it.

“It comes down to execution and trust in your training,” D’Onofrio said. “I can promise you that every call that we make is designed to have somebody make a tackle, behind or at the line of scrimmage. I can promise you everyone of them is designed to do that. We wouldn’t want to change that if that was the design. We’ve got to get the players to execute better.”

And that’s something the Hurricanes (2-2) will focus on in the days leading up to Saturday night’s showdown with defending Atlantic Coast Conference Coastal Division Champion Duke (4-0) at Sun life Stadium. Last year, the Blue Devils became the third team to rush for at least 300 yards against a D’Onofrio-coached UM defense — and they have a read-option attack very similar to what Nebraska runs.

Despite complaints from fans and former players that UM lined safeties and linebackers too far from the line of scrimmage, D’Onofrio, like Golden before him, said he called run blitzes and pressures about 60 percent of the time at Nebraska.

In the end, UM netted no tackles for loss against the Cornhuskers, who became the fourth team to run for at least 300 yards against Miami since Golden took over in 2011.
Too many mistakes

D’Onofrio said Tuesday there were too many missed tackles to count at Nebraska and “yards after contact were a big issue.”

“As far as philosophically, we go into a game knowing what we want to stop, and you have to have a free player to stop the guy who has the ball,” he said. “That’s not going to change. So, as long as that’s sound — we’ve got to continue to work through the execution.”

D’Onofrio insists the players understand the scheme he’s been teaching them, and is “positive” players would say they are “getting coached hard” and with great detail.

“I think if you talk to our players right now and you said, ‘Hey do you know what you need to do in the scheme? Are you seeing what you need to see?’ I think they would tell you ‘Yes,’” D’Onofrio said. “But again, I have to get them to execute that.”

Asked why the team can’t win big games with the amount of talent it has on defense, D’Onofrio responded: “At the end of the day, talent is not enough.”

“Execution is what you need to have,” he continued. “I’ve been talking about that here for a long time. You have to execute. If you don’t have a guy in his gap, it doesn’t matter how talented he is. The gap’s open and somebody runs through it. That has nothing to do with talent.”

Linebacker Denzel Perryman and defensive end Anthony Chickillo both defended D’Onofrio’s schemes and said it’s up to the players to execute what he calls.

“Coach D is one of the best football minds I’ve been around,” Chickillo said. “He probably is the best football mind. His football IQ is unbelievable, and he puts us in the right position to make plays. People just have to make them.”

Said Perryman: “It’s not coach, man. I ain’t going to lie. I try to ignore the outside noise, but when I hear stuff like that it bothers me a lot. It’s not coach, you know. Coach D’Onofrio does a great job putting us in the best [positions] and the best situations where we need to be. It’s just up to us to execute. We had a lot of freelancing going on.”
Devilish problem

Perryman said freelancing was a big problem last year against Duke, which has won 12 consecutive regular-season games and is one of just seven teams averaging 230 yards passing and 260 yards rushing.

The Blue Devils, led by quarterback Anthony Boone (14-2 as a starter), have turned the ball over just twice this season. Boone and redshirt sophomore Thomas Sirk rotate and cause headaches as a tandem.

“Last year is last year, but at the same time we can’t forget about last year,” Perryman said. “For me, I know it serves as motivation and I know for a lot of other guys it’s the same thing.”

D’Onofrio said what Duke does offensively is something Miami has seen for a number of weeks. Success against it is simply going to come down the word of the week — execution.

“It’s the same a.ssignment [as last year],” Perryman said. “We just have to play a.ssignment football and guys have to hone into their a.ssignment. It’s as simple as that.”

i hate D'Onfrio.... straight the fu*k up, the whole defensive situation is just plain k!lling me ... and i hate seeing all these people defending him, i understand the players cant really sit there and bash the dude or nuttin and they are always gonna say they themselves gotta play harder, but i think its bullsh*t.... i really hope this dude is GHOST sooner than later, but the way it sounds iam not gonna get what i want
 09-27-2014, 10:27 PM         #13738
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Execution my a.ss

They completely changed their approach, for the most part, of their "scheme." Stunts, blitzes, press coverage, etc....

at least they realized it was them. Gotta run the ball more though.

Brad Kaaya will be a great one
 2 years ago '05        #13739
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
can someone verify for me golden actually blamed the offense for not being able to hold on / run the clock more which made the defense play more

i was done with golden after the louisvile bowl game, even with a month to prepare and couldn't execute, but I'm completely done, i have no intentions of even going to a game this year, i did have intentions of going to the fsu game, but now fu*k that, I'ma go to tailgate and ride out, hopefully the administration finally realizes that golden needs to go when fsu fans out numbers miami in attendance and destroy us once again

sucks i have to root for miami to lose / not make a bowl game to get rid of these bums
 2 years ago '07        #13740
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
I have been started the RenewedMyWallet movement

I'm not putting another dime into the canes until change happens
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
85 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
139 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
158 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
51 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside BOSKOE100 mad at SOULJA BOY.. say he make the BLOODS look like clowns !..
81 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Never noticed this from Scream 1
96 comments
1 day ago