Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
217 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside #SPN: Zashia Santiago
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Orlando brown finally exposes what detective Vlad been doing for years.
161 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Video surfaces of weekend working on "crew love" with no drake lyrics
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '07        #13681
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
They were serviceable. We had nobody behind duke.

So they took that chance. I myself would've kept him at safety but he's back at his true position so all is good
 2 years ago '04        #13682
booie4 
space
space
$4,878 | Props total: 596 596
What's the predictions for tomorrow. I can't see us losing this game with them going through too many changes. I have us winning 34-24.
 2 years ago '08        #13683
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,998 | Props total: 30 30
Y'all still contending this year or naw?
 2 years ago '08        #13684
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
$21,342 | Props total: 94 94
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
Y'all still contending this year or naw?
Beating y'all a.sses would be enough for me this year
 2 years ago '08        #13685
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
fu*k this coaching staff. Why waters only got in in 4th qtr? Why Muhammad ain't see the field? Why Dallas starting over carter!? Why yearby behind Edwards? Why we run against stacked box? This is bullsh*t
 2 years ago '05        #13686
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 primetime said:
fu*k this coaching staff. Why waters only got in in 4th qtr? Why Muhammad ain't see the field? Why Dallas starting over carter!? Why yearby behind Edwards? Why we run against stacked box? This is bullsh*t
rumor going on that aqm is suspended, not officially but something with academics

and just to show how clueless golden and dnofrio are have no idea what they are doing, having mccord a END covering a slot receive, while only rushing 3
 2 years ago '05        #13687
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,686 | Props total: 3795 3795

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '05        #13688
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 primetime said:
it's gonna get ugly n be 5 straight my son.....we bout to run 10 in a row off on yall
 2 years ago '05        #13689
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
just more of what we already know

Miami Herald

SPORTS BUZZ

Barry Jackson

09/02/2014

WEDNESDAY BUZZ COLUMN The Hurricanes have been playing football since 1926, and never before --- in terms of margin of defeat --- have they been engulfed in a tailspin quite like the one they’re mired in now: Five losses in their past seven games, all five by 18 points or more.

Oh, there have been a lot of blowout losses before but never this many stretched over so few games, and it's pretty staggering when you consider the lofty company this proud program used to keep when it ranked among college football's elite. For perspective, UM once went 10 seasons without five blowout losses (1984-93). Larry Coker had only three in six years before he was fired.

And there’s this: Against teams from major FBS conferences (even including the Big East), UM is 18-16 in Al Golden’s three-plus seasons, and seven of those 16 losses have been by margins of 18 or more. His ACC record is 13-12.

So how do former Canes standouts feel today?

“I’m fed up,” said former Canes and NFL defensive back Duane Starks, now a WQAM analyst. “Maybe I have to get over there and [give] them some pointers. [Louisville] is a mediocre team. What does it say about us?”

Starks isn’t alone; other former Hurricanes reacted angrily on Twitter and elsewhere after Monday’s loss in Louisville.

Ex-cornerback Phillip Buchanon has nicknamed Golden “Folden” and tweeted: “Folden is not getting the job done as a head coach or special teams coach. Folden’s leadership was always a major issue here…. “So he brings in a few good a.ssistant coaches, but the changes should have come at the coordinator positions. When you have a lot of time to prepare for a game and your approach and adjustments suck, that’s a major problem.”

Former Canes defensive lineman Allen Bailey added: “Has to be some major changes done.”

Several ex-players took issue with the conservative offensive approach. Packers executive Alonzo Highsmith tweeted: “Gotta play faster on offense and turn the QB loose. You gotta throw the ball downfield!”

Clinton Portis: “We have too many open playmakers to not open up the field. We have to open it up.”

Gino Torretta, on The Ticket: “I would have lined up in three, four wides and then run the ball. You have to do something to shake their defense.” Torretta said there were several things UM could have done, but did not do, to make it easier for Brad Kaaya. Among those he mentioned: Screen passes for Duke Johnson.

Michael Irvin bemoaned: “They know you are afraid to throw the ball!” --- which allowed Louisville to stack the box.

At least Golden had the sense to admit today that UM played too conservatively Monday. Some former players also questioned defensive decisions. “No re-routing in this weak 3-4 defense,” Buchanon said on a Twitter rant. “We need to be more aggressive with strong zone blitzes with clearly defined zone responsibilities. The secondary is playing like robots with soft coverage and weak technique. Go back to the 4-3 defense.... The defensive linemen are in offensive linemen stance. We are not fundamentally sound on counters.”

Starks said: “If you are going to have a fourth guy standing up, send him! Don’t have him stand there in limbo.”

Warren Sapp mused, during the game, that a 3-4 defense “is covering grass if you can’t run or blitz.”

As usual, emotional Dan Sileo erupted on Twitter. “Congrats, Al Golden,” Sileo said. “Canes are now the Temple Owls.” Sileo, now a San Diego radio host who often goes overboard in his criticism, added: "Golden used the Shapiro card for three years. Team is awful."
 2 years ago '08        #13690
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,998 | Props total: 30 30
 primetime said:
Y'all just got demoloshed by Louisville without their best runningback and WR. Y'all n*ggas aint beating us
 2 years ago '08        #13691
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
 Deeangoe said:
rumor going on that aqm is suspended, not officially but something with academics

and just to show how clueless golden and dnofrio are have no idea what they are doing, having mccord a END covering a slot receive, while only rushing 3
I noticed that sh*t too...he always be standing up and pretending to blitz but then we got with Pierre Kamalu and Heurtoleu only rushing QB

the time their QB got was fu*king ridiculous, if he was better, he'd hang up 50 on us smh
 2 years ago '05        #13692
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
more tidbits bout aqm and kiy hester

After practice, Al Golden spoke to us for about five minutes.

InsidetheU reported Tuesday that freshman safety Kiy Hester, who had to go back home to Wayne, NJ to tend to a family matter that apparently involves an illness, would be seeking a release from UM to transfer somewhere closer to home -- possibly Rutgers.

When asked about the situation, Golden said, "Kiy Hester is working through a personal problem and I’ll release that when…it’s a personal family deal. When we have resolution there, I’ll release that.”

Golden was then asked, Is there a chance he could leave the program?

“He’s got a personal issue,'' the coach said. "In deference to him and his family, and respect that, and that’s it. I can’t say it enough. I know you guys have to chase down rumors. I don’t like to deal in the rumor world. When it’s official one way or the other, we’ll make an announcement or go from there.”

As for defensive end Al-Quadin Muhammad, who did not play Monday, I saw him in uniform at practice speaking with defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio.

Golden has not elaborated on the talk about Muhammad possibly being suspended for Louisville. The coach was asked Tuesday in the day-after teleconference if a report that said Muhammad did not play against Louisville "because of a conduct issue that needs to be resolved" was accurate.

Replied Golden: “That was my decision not to play him last night. As I say, with all these instances, if a young man is going to be suspended or is suspended from the University or athletic department it will come from [the sports information office] or it will come from [athletic director] Blake James. … I have a responsibility that we handle everything the right way. It was my decision not to play him. If there’s anything from a suspension standpoint we will release it to you guys.’’

I asked D'Onofrio today if he expected Muhammad to play this Saturday.

“I’m not going to comment on that,” D’Onofrio said.

I asked the coach how Muhammad is doing in practice.

“He’s doing great.”

Read more here:
 2 years ago '08        #13693
FSU_CANE561 
space
space
$399 | Props total: 3 3
I used to have confidence in golden. Why can't we get some of the former players to come back and coach? I'm sure they can't be worse than Coley and Coach No'd. We never make adjustments on either side of the ball and we run elementary schemes. I just want some a staff with some damn sense
 2 years ago '12        #13694
FlipT 
space
space
$44 | Props total: 0 0
Golden screwed because 70% of the former players played multiple years in the NFL and probably have more football knowledge than him.If we lose to Nebraska he'll lose the team and the cropduster will be flying over SunLife stadium.
 2 years ago '08        #13695
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
i just want to see some changes in our offensive and defensive philosophy.. Nebraska is a good team and if we at least show something it would be good enough. i don't expect anything from this year, i just need to see movement in positive direction. defense should be k!lling dudes out there. fu*king rush everyone if it need be and stop playing zone and giving WR 10 yards to catch and gain positive yardage. im sure Howard can float with anyone and Burns got the physical skills too.
 2 years ago '04        #13696
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
shalala retiring after this year
 2 years ago '08        #13697
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
 madness said:
shalala retiring after this year
 2 years ago '05        #13698
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
@BenSwain: At least we know it will never make it to Charlotte RT @PzFeed: BREAKING NEWS: CDC confirms possible case of Ebola at Miami hospital.

2 years ago '05        #13699
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Notes

@ChristyChirinos: According to the injury report just released by Miami, #Canes WR Stacy Coley (shoulder) will be out Saturday vs. Arkansas State.

@ChristyChirinos: Only other players on #Canes IR: Rashawn Scott (shoulder/clavicle) and Rayshawn Jenkins (back). Those aren't surprises.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: Former 4-star #Miami signee Kiy Hester, a DB from NJ, has enrolled at #Rutgers RU announces.
 09-12-2014, 12:15 PM         #13700
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AQM suspended for the season

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
221 comments
22 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
134 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
50 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
76 comments
2 days ago