Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Last Tango in Paris’ Rape Scene Was Not Consensual, Director Bernardo ..
71 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - America Today, In Cartoons...
51 comments
@news
most viewed right now
OT Have you noticed when athletes drink alcohol after a c..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
LIVENATION cancels Jeremih from the rest of his touring...
56 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '04        #13501
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
damn from what i heard he was looking good this spring too

let olsen and kaaya battle it out when he gets to campus. if kaaya is the stud they say he is, might as well throw him into the fire early. it's not like we're expected to do shyt this season anyway
 04-07-2014, 12:47 PM         #13502
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
damn from what i heard he was looking good this spring too

let olsen and kaaya battle it out when he gets to campus. if kaaya is the stud they say he is, might as well throw him into the fire early. it's not like we're expected to do shyt this season anyway
wish kaaya was here earlier now
 3 years ago '05        #13503
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289

[tweet - click to view]

Also posted a pic of new uniform unveiling April 12

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Deeangoe; 04-08-2014 at 07:17 PM..
 3 years ago '04        #13504
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,788 | Props total: 1385 1385
fu*kin black cleats are back ! Ive waited years for this.

Also Kevin Olsen will do just fine
 3 years ago '05        #13505
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
CORAL GABLES—For the first time this spring, the Hurricanes took the field without Ryan Williams.

The fifth-year player, a former star at Miramar High, was widely expected to be Miami’s starting quarterback next season. He’d led the competition throughout the spring, but tore his ACL in the Hurricanes' scrimmage on Friday night.

Tuesday, players and coaches reiterated how badly they felt for Williams, but stressed it’s time to prepare the Hurricanes’ other quarterbacks for the challenges ahead.

“Ryan’s a class individual. He’s always been unselfish and done a great job leading. Now it’s time for us to give some of that back to him. He’s going to need our support. There’s going to be a lot of days ahead where he’s going to be on his own doing rehab and all of that. So the team has to rally around him and we need some other leaders to step up and I saw that today,” Miami coach Al Golden said. “I saw a really spirited effort today. I was really excited about it. I thought Gray Crow came out and really performed his best, without question and I thought Kevin [Olsen] did an excellent job too. That was a good start for those two guys and I think the team rallied around them today.”

Olsen, a redshirt freshman, is listed as the No. 1 quarterback on a depth chart released Monday night, while Crow, a sophomore who estimates he’d usually taken between 5-10 snaps during practices before Williams’ injury, is now Miami’s back-up quarterback.Both quarterbacks made some nice plays on Tuesday each connecting with Rashawn Scott for a couple of receptions, though Olsen did overthrow a ball that was picked off by safety Jamal Carter.

For the most part though, both quarterbacks and Miami’s coaches were pleased with the way the pair handled their new roles.

“It was a really good quarterback competition today. That will continue through the spring game and then we’ll have two more guys in that mix before Ryan comes back,” Golden said referring to incoming signees Brad Kaaya and Malik Rosier, who are scheduled to arrive on campus next month. “As soon as Ryan gets through this initial recovery phase and transitions into rehab, he’ll be around. He’ll be leading, I promise you he will.”

Added Olsen, “I think the spring has gone really well for me. Even when Ryan was here, I was taking a lot of the 2-reps. I thought it was going pretty good. I thought I was getting a good grasp of the offense and I felt like the guys were starting to rally around me a little bit and starting to see that I could be the guy.”

More details on Miami’s quarterback situation on a story I’ll post later, but in the meantime, here are some other notes from Tuesday’s practice at Greentree:

Johnson, Yearby back in action

Golden said Monday during an interview with WQAM’s Joe Rose that he expected to have injured running backs Duke Johnson and Joseph Yearby in limited action this week. Sure enough, both participated Monday and took snaps in controlled non-contact situations.

Golden said after practice he expects both will take more reps in Thursday’s practice, Miami’s last one ahead of Saturday’s spring game.

“Number one, I just expressed our gratitude from everyone in the organization because that took a lot of work. For them to be out there, where they are right now, took a lot of work. It took a lot of individual time, took a lot of time over here when we’re practicing over here, not complaining and getting better,” Golden said of the rehab processes both Johnson and Yearby endured since their respective injuries last fall. “We’re grateful for what they did and clearly, I think [Duke] took Joe under his wing and brought Joe along. After what I saw today, I have no doubt that if we had another two weeks in practice, they’d be back. That issue is resolved. They’ll do a little bit more Thursday, get a little run in the stadium without any contact and then be ready to transition to full go.”

Also returning to action was defensive tackle Olsen Pierre, who missed several practices while dealing with what Golden described last week as a head injury.

Leader jerseys

Here’s who was wearing the leader jerseys Tuesday after Friday night’s scrimmage. In orange for the offense: RT Taylor Gadbois, TE Stan Dobard, RB Gus Edwards, WR Stacy Coley, LG Jon Feliciano, WR Malcolm Lewis, LT Ereck Flowers and K Matt Goudis.

In black for the defense: S Dallas Crawford, LB Alex Figueroa, LB Raphael Kirby, LB Denzel Perryman, DT Earl Moore, and LB Jermaine Grace.
todays practice
 04-10-2014, 01:10 PM         #13506
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A 1 p.m. Thursday update from UM's final spring practice before Saturday's glorified scrimmage/spring game:

### That Malcolm Lewis had had such a good spring is more impressive considering he had sports hernia surgery two months ago (according to Lewis). Several other players --- including UM's Deon Bush and the Dolphins' Jamar Taylor --- needed more time to round back into form after that procedure.

"He's leaner --- now he's got quickness," Al Golden said.

Lewis told me Tuesday this is the best he has felt since his horrific ankle injury during his freshman season (2012).

UM will have at least five high-quality receivers this fall, barring injuries, in Stacy Coley, Phillip Dorsett, Rashawn Scott, Lewis and Herb Waters. And D'Mauri Jones has improved. Barring injuries, UM probably could afford to redshirt Braxton Berrios, coming off ACL surgery, but that decision will be made down the road. Al Golden said Berrios should be ready by June.

### Duke Johnson said his injured ankle "feels better and cutting is not something I'm worried about." He said he won't participate in the spring game and that adding extra weight (he's now 207) "will help me resist injuries, take more of a pounding."

### Golden said he's "very hopeful" Carol City's Trayone Gray will qualify academically, and UM will "probably start him out at running back. He's a good athlete, great size kid who did excellent things with the ball in his hands a year ago." If UM doesn't feel he's best equipped for running back, it would then try him at receiver, according to the coaching staff.

### Cornerback Ryan Mayes, who has exceeded expectations as an early enrollee, left practice with a leg injury.

### Golden said Kevin Olsen "has done a great job" in the past week, and "now he has to go in there and really prove it to himself. It's not about proving it to us right now, it's about proving it to himself, running the offense, doing it with confidence, not thinking too much, just executing it."

Olsen has mixed flashes of brilliance with mistakes. On Thursday, he threw a 45-yard TD pass to Scott but also threw an interception to Artie Burns.

### UM coaches said this week that many of the summer arrivals will arrive for the first summer session in May, including Brad Kaaya. That will give them extra time to do on-field work with teammates.
So deep at WR
 3 years ago '05        #13507
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

one of my boys works at um athletic department

he posted this pic, rumor going on we might have a black uniform
 3 years ago '05        #13508
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

4 new color jerseys introduced tom, suprised no leak
 04-11-2014, 10:21 PM         #13509
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
was that duke at 30 seconds

Edit - it was
[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Cheeze; 04-12-2014 at 10:48 AM..
 3 years ago '04        #13510
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,788 | Props total: 1385 1385

[pic - click to view]

Sick sick sick
 3 years ago '05        #13511
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,653 | Props total: 3743 3743
ewwwwwwww
 3 years ago '05        #13512
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Iont like them fu*king with our helmets tho

Are there ne more angles of the uniforms ?
 3 years ago '04        #13517
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
fireee
 3 years ago '04        #13518
hoy fudge2k3 
space
space
$950 | Props total: 22 22
any links to stream the spring game
 3 years ago '06        #13519
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,571 | Props total: 11953 11953

ya im not a fan of fu*king with the helmet. leave it as it is

anyways its going to be a long season folks with the quarterback situation

i doubt Brad Kayaa will be holding the clipboard for long
 3 years ago '06        #13520
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,571 | Props total: 11953 11953
by the way the monster Dexter Williams commited. monster athelete

scott patchan commited too. didnt make his brother same misstake

Last edited by DEDOS; 04-12-2014 at 11:14 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
138 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
58 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you could have a threesome with 2...who would u pick?
126 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
176 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
105 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
351 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Guardians of The Galaxy trailer #2
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy