Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 7 - Tomi craps on Rosenberg
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Christina Milian Shows Damn Near EVERYTHING in a see through fit!!"
73 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He got three girlfriends, could you handle that?
87 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uruguay has been hit by the Instathot nation
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 3 years ago '05        #13421
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 MysticKJ said:
Ass-whoopin on-deck Nov. 15th...

I'll be in the stands wearing that FSU helmet...

until we don't change defensive philosophy, that'll prolly be true

oh well I'm there for the tailgate ne ways, long as its no fu*king noon game like the gators
 3 years ago '06        #13422
csarvis3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,139 | Props total: 216 216
Any news fellas? I'm banned on rivals again haha
 3 years ago '07        #13423
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
What kinda news you looking for

TV is most likely LSU Bound

We are in it for Tavon Ross, Bo Scarbough, JC Jackson, Gillard

15' class going to be sick

Junior Day was this past weekend most of our top targets showed up
 3 years ago '11        #13424
ghostridah 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,580 | Props total: 340 340
U.S. Army All-American defensive tackle*Travonte Valentine*got an early morning visit at*Hialeah Champagnat*from Hurricanes coach*Al Golden*and a couple of a.ssistants*on Tuesday.

Golden was there for*two reasons: he wanted to make sure the 6-5, 325-pound Valentine was going to give the Canes an official visit this coming weekend and a shot to earn his signature on National Signing Day.

Mission accomplished.

Valentine,*tabbed the 65th best 2014 prospect (regardless of position) according to 247Sports' composite rankings, said he*assured Golden that he and his mother would visit Coral Gables officially this coming weekend. And he also said UM still has*a shot*to win him over, even though it's pretty clear LSU has his heart "as of right now."

"I don't know [what Miami has to do to change my heart]," said Valentine, who was wearing an LSU backback during a half hour interview at school with The Miami Herald Tuesday. "They just have to show me something."

That something is kind of difficult to put a finger on right now. Valentine, who de-committed from Miami late last month when the Golden to Penn State rumors were running rampant, knows he can come in and play early at Miami given the current state of the defensive line.

He also knows what Coral Gables is all about. Valentine said he's been down to*UM*so many times already he can't remember exactly how many*unofficial visits*he's made. So why*does he feel the need to go*there again this coming weekend?

"Just to have a good time with the players and the commits," he said.

Apparently Valentine hasn't done enough of that already. Valentine said while he's bonded with the coaches at UM, he hasn't felt the same "bonding experience" with Canes*players*and recruits. He said the reason his trip to LSU was special was because he did feel that bonding experience with a few former South Floridians*who now call*Baton Rouge home.

Valentine called that "a really big" factor.

"Team bonding," Valentine said when asked what he's*ultimately looking for before making a final decision. "I want to bond with the team. I want everything to be good, a family situation when I get there.

"Like what I had this past weekend with [LSU freshman cornerback] Rashard Robinson [a Pompano Ely grad], [LSU freshman defensive tackle] Quan Bain [a University School grad] and*[Hallandale senior safety and LSU 2014 commitment] John Battle. I have chemistry with them boys."

Valentine said he's already discussed rooming with Battle at LSU.

"Even though I can’t say I have that at Miami, I can have that [chemistry eventually] with guys like Chad Thomas, Anthony Moten, Mike Smith and Braxton Berrios," Valentine said. "We just have to build it."

When it comes to relationships, Valentine said he's been building a strong one with LSU a.ssistant*Corey Raymond*since November. How is*his chemistry with Canes a.ssistant coach*Hurley Brown? "It's pretty good," Valentine said. "Coach Hurley has known my stepdad since high school."

Valentine said Golden's recruiting pitch Tuesday was pretty clear cut. He brought up the history Miami has had with defensive linemen, and that he wants to have the opportunity to coach another great one. Valentine said Golden ended his pitch by saying: 'Let me coach you.'

How did those words make*Valentine feel?

"Those*were pretty big, decent words," Valentine said. "I felt like that’s something I have to think about."

Valentine promises he will and will do so before making his announcement on Signing Day. Champagnat coach*Mike Tunsil*said the school is planning to have its ceremonies around 10:30 a.m.

"I can never fault Miami for the way they've recruited Travonte," Tunsil said. "They did a great job recruiting him. I could never complain about that. They’ve been on him hard. They had the defensive coordinator, the d-line coach, the head coach over here. Overall, I think they could recruit our school better. But as far as Travonte, they’ve done great."

NEWS AND NOTES

> For those of you sweating over*Chad Thomas'recruiting visits to Florida State last weekend and his upcoming visit to Alabama --*go ahead and stop.

The five-star All-American defensive end made it pretty clear Tuesday he isn't planning on breaking Canes hearts on Signing Day.

"There’s no suspense," Thomas said. "I’ve been throwing up The U since the first game of the season. I’m not really trying to build any suspense, get anybody wound up, rowdy. Miami coaches knew I was going to take trips. They've just told me to have fun –- not just too much fun."

Thomas, an aspiring*musician when he isn't k!lling quarterbacks on the football field, has been looking at UM's Frost Music School since*well before the Hurricanes ever offered him a football scholarship. As a student at New World School of the Arts in Miami, he's been playing the piano, tuba and a number of other instruments for years and dreaming of attending Miami's music school.

While he said seeing*FSU's music school -- and having a long talk with former Seminole Myron Rolle -- were nice experiences last weekend, Miami is still his school.

"It's two different music programs," Thomas said. "They look more into the production side at FSU. Miami has a great production side too. But I think the production side and band side at Miami are both great."

Has Alabama talked to*Thomas about music? "No. Just football," he said with a grin.

Is he 100 percent Hurricane? "Yes sir," Thomas said. "Alabama knows that. They're just doing their job recruiting me."

> Booker T. offensive coordinator*Tim Harris Jr.*said he believes Thomas and defensive end*Demetrius Jackson*will both sign with UM next Wednesday.

Jackson, a three-star recruit according to 247Sports, visited Arkansas last weekend after telling a few recruiting websites he wasn't taking any more trips and was solid to UM.

"Arkansas was the first school that offered him," Harris*Jr. said. "It’s a big school, SEC school. It’s only right to go on an official visit like that. I’ve seen people have bashed him on his Twitter for it. People don’t understand he just wants to take a visit.*Kids work themselves to get this point. Us as coaches we help them along the way, but those kids, this is their moment. At the end of the day I think he’s going to stick with Miami as well."

Read more here:
 3 years ago '05        #13425
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Internet tripping but stateoftheu usually got some stuff

3 years ago '07        #13426
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
That article was written my homeboy Mr.Underwood

Cam is a fool we was wildin at the bowl game
 3 years ago '11        #13427
ghostridah 35 heat pts35
space
space
Warren Sapp came on WQAM this afternoon with Adam Kuperstein and Channing Crowder, providing some highlights as usual. The spice came when he was asked about Florida State’s recent championship and then the state of his Hurricanes.

“Let me tell you what,” Sapp said of the Noles. “They get another one, then they catch our baseball team. That’s all I got to say about the semi holes.”

But it was when Sapp was asked about the Canes’ defense, that he really went off.

“Don’t talk to me about Al Golden and whatever that D Coordinator’s name is,” Sapp said.

“Don’t ever hire someone that you can’t fire. That’s the golden rule. The D Coordinator is k!lling my school.*That looks like no Miami defense in the history of our school.”

Former Miami cornerback Phillip Buchanon seconded the big fella’s comments on Twitter.
 3 years ago '11        #13428
ghostridah 35 heat pts35
space
space
Sums it up perfectly
 3 years ago '05        #13429
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Wtf is sapp talking about the baseball team

We got 4 of them thangs

And good to hear someone critical of our d
 3 years ago '05        #13430
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
@CoachColey: CHANGE just walked in and kicked your front door OPEN!
#My-ami #StormRebels #CantStopTheStorm #YaTuSabes

@CoachColey: This is NOW our time!!!! #StormTroopers #StormRebels #BestRecruitingClass #HurricaneWarning

@CoachColey: We are what you're scared of... Keep believing you can... Reality is we choose whether or not you WILL!!! So now you WONT! #StormRevolution
Coley excited, who else we expecting on offense?
 3 years ago '07        #13431
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Warren Sapp is an idiot. Of course the defense isn't what your used to seeing. Look at the talent that was at the hands of Coach D while I'll admit some of the scheme is crazy to me to just blame it on the coach is retarded.

Just look at the players he was forced to send out there......AJ Highsmith alone having to get meaningful snaps should've told you what you needed to know. All of best players on defense aside from perryman are sophmorrs and below. Randy Shannon did some of the worst recruiting ever 90% of his recruits are and were BUMS!!!!
 3 years ago '06        #13432
csarvis3 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,139 | Props total: 216 216
Where is jC Jackson gonna go??
 3 years ago '05        #13433
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 csarvis3 said:
Where is jC Jackson gonna go??
Still in it for Jackson

We'll find out on wed
 3 years ago '05        #13434
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,673 | Props total: 3793 3793
i think JC is Miami bound.....his dad has a strong dislike for FSU for whatever reason plus JC tryin to be the first recruit committed to all 3 Florida schools
 3 years ago '05        #13435
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
looks like yall gettin Ridley n Burgess Becker too but again a year from signing day you know how that goes.
 3 years ago '07        #13436
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
Yep SBB and Ridley will commit to us Sunday

Jaquan Johnson will soon follow and then Tim Irvin, CronKrite and Tyrek Cole follow

15' could be very lovely
 3 years ago '05        #13437
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
your class will be ok but still won't be as good as the Champs
 3 years ago '05        #13438
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
Wyche, a 6-4, 315-pound standout from East Los Angeles Junior College, had signed with UM last month but was being delayed entry because he was appealing an obscure ACC rule that requires players be enrolled three semesters at the same junior college. As our Barry Jackson wrote on his Sports Buzz blog, Wyche could have stayed committed to UM and enrolled here in May but apparently has chosen not to, at least at this point.

More tidbits

### Four-star Hialeah Champagnat defensive tackle Travonte Valentine, whom UM covets, told me today he’s not sure he will take his scheduled visit to UM this weekend because of a “family situation.”

Valentine said he will make a decision on Thursday.

Is LSU still the favorite? “Something like that,” he said.

But he said he will consider UM whether he visits this weekend or not. He met with Al Golden earlier this week. But LSU is in the lead for the highest-rated defensive tackle in South Florida.

### Few other recruiting notes: Four-star Booker T. Washington defensive end Demetrius Jackson announced on Twitter tonight that he will sign his Letter of Intent with UM on Thursday. Then he realized he cannot do that just yet, and clarified that he will sign it next Wednesday, on National Signing Day.

Earlier in the day, Rivals.com quoted Jackson’s coach as saying Jackson would visit Texas this weekend. But Jackson tweeted that he will not visit Texas.... Chaminade (Cal.) High coach Ed Croson told me receiver Brayden Lenius has decided to visit Washington instead of UM this weekend but hasn't completely ruled out UM. South Dade receiver CJ Worton is a UM target.

### UM offensive coordinator James Coley, and his Twitter feed, have boundless energy. “This is survival of the fittest! Wouldn’t have it any other way --- Miami!!!!”…

And: “Stick your hand out the window – feel the FORCE!!!”…

And: “CHANGE just walked in and kicked your front door OPEN.” And, well, you get the picture.

Read more here: miamiherald.typepad.com/sports...l#storylink=cpy

Last edited by Deeangoe; 01-30-2014 at 08:22 PM..
 3 years ago '11        #13439
ghostridah 35 heat pts35
space
space
Hurricanes a.ssistant*Brennan Carroll*sent out the bat signal Friday to welcome Miami's latest football commitment: New Jersey three-star tight end prospect*David Njoku.

The 6-4, 217-pound senior at Cedar Grove High visited UM last month and was a player UM had been trying to nail down. He was scheduled to visit Ohio State this weekend, but the backed off. He becomes the second tight end prospect to join the class. Georgia's*Chris Herndon*is the other.

Njoku also*becomes the third prospect from New Jersey in the Class of 2014 to pick the Canes. UM coach*Al Golden*and many members of his staff obviously know the New Jersey area well.

LATEST ON TRAVONTE VALENTINE

Even though all signs*are pointing toward LSU*especially*after he*decided to pass on an official visit to UM this weekend, U.S. Army All-American defensive tackle*Travonte Valentine*hasn't ruled out the Hurricanes yet and planned to spend the*next few days*at home with his mother in Palm Bay trying to*reach a final decision.

"Right now I would say it's probably 70-30 LSU," a Champagnat a.ssistant coach close to Valentine said Friday morning.

Valentine told*The Herald during a half*hour interview*on Tuesday he told UM coaches he would visit Coral Gables this weekend after*Golden came to visit him at school. But after receiving a visit from LSU's coaches in his mom's home Wednesday*night,*the Champagnat a.ssistant coach said Valentine and his mom decided visiting UM -- where he had been so many times unofficially -- wouldn't help the situation. He just needed to get away from it all, the coach said.

So what initially changed Valentine's mind about remaining committed to UM in the first place? Although Valentine reiterated to The Herald Tuesday the Al Golden to Penn State rumors last month played a factor, it appears scheme and the way LSU told Valentine he would be utilized*has*played a bigger role.

The Champagnat a.ssistant said when Valentine returned from the*U.S. Army All-American*Game in San Antonio -- where he played in a 4-3 scheme -- he told*coaches at Champagnat*he*might be better suited in*LSU's 4-3 system instead of a 3-4/4-3 multiple defense at Miami. Valentine made reference to it Tuesday when asked if he liked one team's scheme over the other.

"Miami could change some things up, slim down the d-tackles a little bit," Valentine said. "Instead of playing like at 340, 350, I'd prefer to be 310, 315. LSU was telling me*they could see me going down to 310, playing smaller, quicker, making tackles for loss."

The Champagnat a.ssistant said he took Valentine down to UM to sit down and review film with Canes defensive line coach*Jethro Franklin.

"He showed him all the film, how they use tackles in multiple ways, not just a nose guard," the Champagnat a.ssistant said. "Golden, [Defensive coordinator Mark] D'Onofrio, Franklin, all of them were telling him he wouldn't have to come in and play heavy, they could make adjustments."

The a.ssistant also said Valentine was a bit wary of how much pressure was going to be put on him at Miami, being someone expected to come in right away and deliver whereas he would have a little more time to ease his way in at LSU because of better depth.

Valentine said Tuesday he also felt closer to some of the former South Floridian players and Hallandale safety*John Battle, at LSU 2014 commitment. Valentine also said he didn't feel the same connection to UM's recruits.

Asked*Tuesday about Valentine and his wavering with UM, Booker T. Washington All-American defensive end*Chad Thomas*said he hadn't spoken with him and said he it didn't matter to him if*Valentine chose UM.

"I ain’t no recruiter," Thomas said. "If*he don’t want to go there, he don’t want to go there. That’s on him."

For what it's worth, Valentine said Tuesday his mother wasn't necessarily pushing him to stay close to home.

"She’s with me anywhere I go," *Valentine said. "She’s with me through the long run. It’s not about a staying home situation."

Valentine is scheduled to make his college announcement during a small ceremony at Champagnat Wednesday at 10:30 a.m.

Read more here:
 3 years ago '11        #13440
ghostridah 35 heat pts35
space
space
Hurricanes a.ssistant*Brennan Carroll*sent out the bat signal Friday to welcome Miami's latest football commitment: New Jersey three-star tight end prospect*David Njoku.

The 6-4, 217-pound senior at Cedar Grove High visited UM last month and was a player UM had been trying to nail down. He was scheduled to visit Ohio State this weekend, but the backed off. He becomes the second tight end prospect to join the class. Georgia's*Chris Herndon*is the other.

Njoku also*becomes the third prospect from New Jersey in the Class of 2014 to pick the Canes. UM coach*Al Golden*and many members of his staff obviously know the New Jersey area well.

LATEST ON TRAVONTE VALENTINE

Even though all signs*are pointing toward LSU*especially*after he*decided to pass on an official visit to UM this weekend, U.S. Army All-American defensive tackle*Travonte Valentine*hasn't ruled out the Hurricanes yet and planned to spend the*next few days*at home with his mother in Palm Bay trying to*reach a final decision.

"Right now I would say it's probably 70-30 LSU," a Champagnat a.ssistant coach close to Valentine said Friday morning.

Valentine told*The Herald during a half*hour interview*on Tuesday he told UM coaches he would visit Coral Gables this weekend after*Golden came to visit him at school. But after receiving a visit from LSU's coaches in his mom's home Wednesday*night,*the Champagnat a.ssistant coach said Valentine and his mom decided visiting UM -- where he had been so many times unofficially -- wouldn't help the situation. He just needed to get away from it all, the coach said.

So what initially changed Valentine's mind about remaining committed to UM in the first place? Although Valentine reiterated to The Herald Tuesday the Al Golden to Penn State rumors last month played a factor, it appears scheme and the way LSU told Valentine he would be utilized*has*played a bigger role.

The Champagnat a.ssistant said when Valentine returned from the*U.S. Army All-American*Game in San Antonio -- where he played in a 4-3 scheme -- he told*coaches at Champagnat*he*might be better suited in*LSU's 4-3 system instead of a 3-4/4-3 multiple defense at Miami. Valentine made reference to it Tuesday when asked if he liked one team's scheme over the other.

"Miami could change some things up, slim down the d-tackles a little bit," Valentine said. "Instead of playing like at 340, 350, I'd prefer to be 310, 315. LSU was telling me*they could see me going down to 310, playing smaller, quicker, making tackles for loss."

The Champagnat a.ssistant said he took Valentine down to UM to sit down and review film with Canes defensive line coach*Jethro Franklin.

"He showed him all the film, how they use tackles in multiple ways, not just a nose guard," the Champagnat a.ssistant said. "Golden, [Defensive coordinator Mark] D'Onofrio, Franklin, all of them were telling him he wouldn't have to come in and play heavy, they could make adjustments."

The a.ssistant also said Valentine was a bit wary of how much pressure was going to be put on him at Miami, being someone expected to come in right away and deliver whereas he would have a little more time to ease his way in at LSU because of better depth.

Valentine said Tuesday he also felt closer to some of the former South Floridian players and Hallandale safety*John Battle, at LSU 2014 commitment. Valentine also said he didn't feel the same connection to UM's recruits.

Asked*Tuesday about Valentine and his wavering with UM, Booker T. Washington All-American defensive end*Chad Thomas*said he hadn't spoken with him and said he it didn't matter to him if*Valentine chose UM.

"I ainít no recruiter," Thomas said. "If*he donít want to go there, he donít want to go there. Thatís on him."

For what it's worth, Valentine said Tuesday his mother wasn't necessarily pushing him to stay close to home.

"Sheís with me anywhere I go," *Valentine said. "Sheís with me through the long run. Itís not about a staying home situation."

Valentine is scheduled to make his college announcement during a small ceremony at Champagnat Wednesday at 10:30 a.m.

Read more here:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
85 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
139 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy finishes whole pizza while getting drilled by Chris Hansen
158 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Amazonian tribesmen react to images of the earth
51 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside BOSKOE100 mad at SOULJA BOY.. say he make the BLOODS look like clowns !..
81 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Couple Arguing Married 52 Years Lol
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Never noticed this from Scream 1
96 comments
1 day ago