Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
 40
NBA Westbrook to KD: I'm Coming at Your Neck Every Single Night
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 34
Video inside Nov 22 - Death Date Announced For The Internet
24 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 30
Reminder Black Friday Starts Now at Walmart.com
37 comments
@games
most viewed right now
 27
Video inside TEKASHI69 saves Magnolia producer Pierre from an ass whooping or worse
41 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 2 years ago '15        #13141
0017th 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,452 | Props total: 660 660
I really like the incoming linebackers for Miami. Zach McCloud is an absolute stud and so is Quarterman. That's a nasty ILB and OLB tandem.
 2 years ago '11        #13142
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
avatar space
space
$1,958 | Props total: 898 898
 2 years ago '11        #13143
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
avatar space
space
$1,958 | Props total: 898 898
 2 years ago '05        #13144
Clutch City Kid 135 heat pts135
space
avatar space
space
$27,479 | Props total: 27799 27799
 ghostridah said:
gotchu homie




Hey Manny Diaz, we heard your defense is aggressive.

“We’re making plans of getting in the backfield for sure,” was his dry reply.

Miami’s new defensive coordinator shared a few thoughts Tuesday on WQAM. Some of his more interesting comments:

Since the current focus is on recruiting – signing day is Feb. 3 – Diaz hasn’t fully a.ssessed the current group. Rather than watch last year’s film, he said he prefers to watch them work out live and will “give everyone a clean slate.”

Pressed for his opinion of the returning talent – which some believe is considerable – Diaz said, “I think we’ve got a couple guys here that can run and tackle.

“I think we’re going be able to put a defense out there that people are going to want to come watch play,” said Diaz, who coached last year at Mississippi State. “This spring is going to be about being simple. It’s about playing defense, not defenses. I’m not concerned about being tricky and all that kind of stuff. We’ve got to stop the run at a much higher level — that’s still where the game begins — and just see who can be responsible for holding the point and attacking the line of scrimmage and make teams have to beat us left-handed.”

About last night

When it was mentioned that Clemson and Alabama combined to score 85 points in Monday’s national championship game, Diaz said, “That’s why you’d better get aggressive and you’d better attack these offenses, because they’re in attack mode.”

His philosophy is one of aggression, as we noted.

He said Alabama’s depth was apparent, and that he believes in having a two-deep that can play (Al Golden and Mark D’Onofrio, among many other coaches today, say the same thing). He said Alabama’s title celebration was made possible because it committed just two penalties (UM was the nation’s most-penalized team in 2015), had zero turnovers and “dominated the kicking game,” Diaz said. “To me, that’s why they won.”

Getting philosophical

Diaz said his philosophy of aggression – which he noted is shared by defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski – is the same idea that “started at the ‘U’ back in the ‘80s.

“It’s about getting four defensive linemen … and when that ball’s snapped those guys are getting across the line of scrimmage.”

A Miami native and son of the former Miami mayor of the same name, Diaz grew up a Hurricanes fan. He recalled that get-upfield mantra working well against many teams, like when the Hurricanes stuffed the Oklahoma wishbone option offense “up their you-know-what” in the 1988 Orange Bowl.

“That’s really what the rest of the country wanted to emulate,” Diaz said. “The first thing we’re looking forward to bringing back is getting our feet across the line of scrimmage so we can create havoc in the backfield.”

He added that he won’t blitz all the time – “sometimes just the illusion of pressure is enough” – and UM’s defense will need to responsible and disciplined to avoid giving up explosive plays. The key is getting negative plays, or “drive-killers,” he said.

Defending their turf

On Thursday, when the NCAA-mandated dead period ends, Diaz and the rest of the new coaching staff will head out to recruit again. He won’t have an a.ssigned area; he said Richt wants his staff to recruit to their specific positions. When the next dead period hits (Feb. 1, two days before signing day), the staff will divide the state and country into a.ssigned regions.

Diaz’ comments on recruiting:

“One thing we have found in the week we’ve been around is, there are a lot of kids that want to come play at the University of Miami. There’s a lot of kids that this is still their dream school. There’s a lot of kids that have bought into the idea that’s hard for people who are not from down here to understand, that this university and this city has a little bit of that ‘us against the world’ mentality.

“To me, that’s what got this place rolling. That understand that the University of Miami – with all due respect to the Dolphins and the other teams – this is our team. This is home. This is the team that should be filled with a majority of guys from a short drive from our campus. This is what represents South Florida to me more than any other team really down here.”

Diaz said he’s “come back here recruiting for a long time” but never expected to coach in his hometown. “When Mark [Richt] reached out, your immediate gut instinct said this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”

He added that he never wanted to get into politics, but jokes with his dad (who served two terms as mayor and now works for the law firm of Lydecker Diaz in Miami), that he has “a more political job than he ever did.”
 2 years ago '11        #13145
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
avatar space
space
$1,958 | Props total: 898 898
 Clutch City Kid said:
gotchu homie




Hey Manny Diaz, we heard your defense is aggressive.

“We’re making plans of getting in the backfield for sure,” was his dry reply.

Miami’s new defensive coordinator shared a few thoughts Tuesday on WQAM. Some of his more interesting comments:

Since the current focus is on recruiting – signing day is Feb. 3 – Diaz hasn’t fully a.ssessed the current group. Rather than watch last year’s film, he said he prefers to watch them work out live and will “give everyone a clean slate.”

Pressed for his opinion of the returning talent – which some believe is considerable – Diaz said, “I think we’ve got a couple guys here that can run and tackle.

“I think we’re going be able to put a defense out there that people are going to want to come watch play,” said Diaz, who coached last year at Mississippi State. “This spring is going to be about being simple. It’s about playing defense, not defenses. I’m not concerned about being tricky and all that kind of stuff. We’ve got to stop the run at a much higher level — that’s still where the game begins — and just see who can be responsible for holding the point and attacking the line of scrimmage and make teams have to beat us left-handed.”

About last night

When it was mentioned that Clemson and Alabama combined to score 85 points in Monday’s national championship game, Diaz said, “That’s why you’d better get aggressive and you’d better attack these offenses, because they’re in attack mode.”

His philosophy is one of aggression, as we noted.

He said Alabama’s depth was apparent, and that he believes in having a two-deep that can play (Al Golden and Mark D’Onofrio, among many other coaches today, say the same thing). He said Alabama’s title celebration was made possible because it committed just two penalties (UM was the nation’s most-penalized team in 2015), had zero turnovers and “dominated the kicking game,” Diaz said. “To me, that’s why they won.”

Getting philosophical

Diaz said his philosophy of aggression – which he noted is shared by defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski – is the same idea that “started at the ‘U’ back in the ‘80s.

“It’s about getting four defensive linemen … and when that ball’s snapped those guys are getting across the line of scrimmage.”

A Miami native and son of the former Miami mayor of the same name, Diaz grew up a Hurricanes fan. He recalled that get-upfield mantra working well against many teams, like when the Hurricanes stuffed the Oklahoma wishbone option offense “up their you-know-what” in the 1988 Orange Bowl.

“That’s really what the rest of the country wanted to emulate,” Diaz said. “The first thing we’re looking forward to bringing back is getting our feet across the line of scrimmage so we can create havoc in the backfield.”

He added that he won’t blitz all the time – “sometimes just the illusion of pressure is enough” – and UM’s defense will need to responsible and disciplined to avoid giving up explosive plays. The key is getting negative plays, or “drive-killers,” he said.

Defending their turf

On Thursday, when the NCAA-mandated dead period ends, Diaz and the rest of the new coaching staff will head out to recruit again. He won’t have an a.ssigned area; he said Richt wants his staff to recruit to their specific positions. When the next dead period hits (Feb. 1, two days before signing day), the staff will divide the state and country into a.ssigned regions.

Diaz’ comments on recruiting:

“One thing we have found in the week we’ve been around is, there are a lot of kids that want to come play at the University of Miami. There’s a lot of kids that this is still their dream school. There’s a lot of kids that have bought into the idea that’s hard for people who are not from down here to understand, that this university and this city has a little bit of that ‘us against the world’ mentality.

“To me, that’s what got this place rolling. That understand that the University of Miami – with all due respect to the Dolphins and the other teams – this is our team. This is home. This is the team that should be filled with a majority of guys from a short drive from our campus. This is what represents South Florida to me more than any other team really down here.”

Diaz said he’s “come back here recruiting for a long time” but never expected to coach in his hometown. “When Mark [Richt] reached out, your immediate gut instinct said this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”

He added that he never wanted to get into politics, but jokes with his dad (who served two terms as mayor and now works for the law firm of Lydecker Diaz in Miami), that he has “a more political job than he ever did.”
Good looks
 2 years ago '07        #13146
theFREAK 3671 heat pts3671
space
avatar space
space
$53,378 | Props total: 38079 38079

[tweet - click to view]



[tweet - click to view]



[tweet - click to view]



[tweet - click to view]



Last edited by theFREAK; 01-14-2016 at 04:05 PM..
 2 years ago '11        #13147
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
avatar space
space
$1,958 | Props total: 898 898
'Miami Hurricanes Football: Richt & Staff Hit the Road on the Recruiting Trail' via FanSided Android

 2 years ago '07        #13148
theFREAK 3671 heat pts3671
space
avatar space
space
$53,378 | Props total: 38079 38079




[tweet - click to view]



Last edited by theFREAK; 01-14-2016 at 05:04 PM..
 2 years ago '07        #13149
theFREAK 3671 heat pts3671
space
avatar space
space
$53,378 | Props total: 38079 38079
I honestly hate Sam Bruce

[tweet - click to view]

 2 years ago '07        #13150
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$13,507 | Props total: 1132 1132
Hate a kid for taking trips lol

Canes fans unreal
 2 years ago '05        #13151
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
avatar space
space
$53,937 | Props total: 6806 6806
 DEDOS said:
Army all american defensive back malek young commits to the U
the next Tracy Howard another Miami corner bust whereas all our corners go 1st round
 2 years ago '07        #13152
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$13,507 | Props total: 1132 1132
I'd believe you if Golden was still running the show

But.....he doesn't I'm not a huge Young fan but I'll let him prove himself. He's the best out of the creek trio to me but that's not saying Alot
 2 years ago '07        #13153
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$13,507 | Props total: 1132 1132
@juniorG
 2 years ago '07        #13154
theFREAK 3671 heat pts3671
space
avatar space
space
$53,378 | Props total: 38079 38079
 2 years ago '14        #13155
AliTheAlmighty7 319 heat pts319
space
avatar space
space
$7,792 | Props total: 1563 1563
Dade County in this bi*ch!
 2 years ago '05        #13156
Clutch City Kid 135 heat pts135
space
avatar space
space
$27,479 | Props total: 27799 27799
 theFREAK said:
I honestly hate Sam Bruce



i can see why he would want to go out there, free trip and its USC n all but i cant see him going that far away from home.... USC will pull out some stunts but if he leaves us it wont be to a school in Cali imo
 2 years ago '04        #13157
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,967 | Props total: 2776 2776
 theFREAK said:
I honestly hate Sam Bruce

he's playing the game, he'll end up in coral gables when it's all said and done
 2 years ago '04        #13158
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,967 | Props total: 2776 2776
 Junior G said:
the next Tracy Howard another Miami corner bust whereas all our corners go 1st round
tracy will probably be an undrafted free agent who ends up sticking with a team and then balling out, then eventually getting his big contract ya know like sam shields, hurns, gunter etc did

much better than those FSU busts who are drafted in the 1st then are out of the NFL in 2 seasons
 2 years ago '05        #13159
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
avatar space
space
$53,937 | Props total: 6806 6806
 theFREAK said:
seeing Dugans in those fu*kin colors makes me so disgusted...its like seein ya ex girl with your arch nemesis
 2 years ago '11        #13160
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
avatar space
space
$1,958 | Props total: 898 898
 Clutch City Kid said:
i can see why he would want to go out there, free trip and its USC n all but i cant see him going that far away from home.... USC will pull out some stunts but if he leaves us it wont be to a school in Cali imo
South Carolina not the Cali USC
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 14
Tig ol Bittie Ms. Christine Lashawn
43 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside When you try to sell 4 new games and a system and GameStop offers $30
92 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 6
FCC plan would give Internet providers power to choose the sites customers see..
206 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Is she too pretty to be a pornstar?
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside Cormega Responds To The Steve Stoute Interview Via IG
86 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside Lit UPS Worker delivering a package near you soon
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 5
NFL Who is Currently your NFL MVP?
85 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside The Other Demi In Revealing Dress Looking Right
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy