Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When ya upstairs neighbors more petty than you
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
10 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #1281
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 3 3
Greg Shaw hasn't been offered by Ohio State but Michael Brewster (soon to be verbal who has been recruiting kids to come with him) has talked to him. He plans on attending camp at Ohio State to try and earn an offer.

Etienne Sabino has been offered but is a long shot for Ohio State.
 04-14-2007, 12:18 PM         #1282
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hatcher kinda looks like Ed Reed
 10 years ago '04        #1283
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
is it just me or does reading jordan futch's scouting report remind anyone else of another chaminade linebacker, glenn cook?
 10 years ago '04        #1284
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
Greg Shaw isnt coming to miami and hasnt been and he hasnt been thought of b y miami fans at all.

Karnell Hatcher is a little slow but he is physical

Jordan Futch is 10 times better than glenn Cook was at the same point.

not to mention Cook is like 6'0" maybe 215 lbs.

Futch is 6'3" 210 now as a rising senior in HS
 10 years ago '04        #1285
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
 P. Dedos said:
what the fu*k happened to Tervaris Johnson and ryan hill

are these guys even getting reps in practice
yes..Ryan Hill just isnt a WR and hasnt really contributed...TJ plays alot of Special Teams and Safety
 04-14-2007, 02:32 PM         #1286
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3 canes in the first round in our NFL mock
 10 years ago '04        #1287
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
April 15, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

After Miami's first practice this spring, coach Randy Shannon was asked how quarterbacks Kyle Wright and Kirby Freeman looked.

The coach's answer?

"I don't know," he said.

[pic - click to view]

Following UM's first scrimmage Shannon was again asked to evaluate the play of the quarterbacks.

"We're not worried about the quarterbacks; we have to worry about the team," Shannon said.

As the spring wound down reporters again pressed Shannon to talk about his quarterbacks.

"Are you happy with the progress of the quarterback position?" Shannon was asked.

His response: "I don't even know what the quarterbacks are doing. I'm trying to build up a team, and that's the one thing we're concentrating on."

Shannon wasn't talking about his quarterbacks.

And players said they were instructed not to talk about the quarterbacks either.

"We're not supposed to be making comments on them," offensive lineman Derrick Morse said.

The team hopes to dodge the brewing controversy surrounding Wright and Freeman.

Shannon did not make either player available to the media, the first time in recent memory that has been the spring policy with regards to the quarterbacks.

And neither quarterback was named the starter or even the frontrunner at the end of the spring.

It is a battle that will resume in earnest in the fall with more open competition. And it will also include incoming freshman Robert Marve.

Shannon has said he won't name a starting quarterback until the Tuesday before the team's season opener against Marshall.

Offensive coordinator Patrick Nix offered this on the play from the QB's: "I've been very pleased with their attitudes, personality, everything," he said. "I think we've all worked well together."

ANALYSIS: Insiders tell CaneSport.com that both quarterbacks were inconsistent this spring, although that certainly could have had something to do with the lack of healthy scholarship receivers. Wright or Freeman must step up over the summer and into the fall for Nix's offense to have a chance to be explosive, since Marve likely won't be ready to handle the mental aspect of the position as a true freshman.
[/b]
 10 years ago '04        #1288
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Will these two n*ggas step up^^??? I'm sick of reading that they're slacking and sh*t all the time. fu*k.
 04-16-2007, 02:55 AM         #1289
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
April 15, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
E.J. Manuel bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Virginia Beach (Va.) Bayside High School QB E.J. Manuel spent this past weekend in Miami for a combine he wanted to attend.

So he figured he would check out UM's campus while he was there.

And he was blown away after getting a personal tour yesterday from head coach Randy Shannon and receivers coach Marques Mosely. Now Manuel is planning a follow-up visit with his parents for next month.

He's also heading back to campus tonight to meet with offensive coordinator Patrick Nix and quarterback Kirby Freeman.

"I had a great time yesterday with the coaches," said Manuel, who arrived on campus at 8:30 a.m. and remained there several hours. "It's a beautiful campus, a beautiful city. I could see myself living here. The football facilities are nice, and coach Shannon and Mosely both told me they have a lot of money in place for new facilities and redoing everything. Coach Shannon said once I get back down here it's going to be different -– the locker room, everything. The coaches were honest with me, which is how I want to be dealt with.

"The coaches showed me the dorms, engineering building, classrooms -- we walked around and saw everything. I still can't believe all the palm trees."

In addition to the campus tour and meeting with receiver Khalil Jones, Manuel spoke with UM's academic advisor.

"She came and talked to me, gave me the lowdown on biomedical engineering, which is what I plan on doing," said Manuel, who is in the Health Science Academy within his high school.

Manuel also sat down with track standout Amy Seward, who is also from Virginia Beach.

"We're friends -– we were on the track team together when we were younger and we go to the same church back home," Manuel said. "She said if you come here you have to be focused, and I will be focused. I'll be coming for a job and getting to the next level."

Manuel says Cane coaches never asked where UM stands in his recruiting picture.

And he's not saying anything publicly right now.

"It's wide open," Manuel says.

Asked where UM fits in the picture, he says, "Pretty high. I like Miami a lot. They're a powerhouse in the ACC, have a good coaching staff, a new coach in Shannon and Nix. But I'm not going to say 1 or 2 or anything like that."

He does say he hopes to make a decision before his senior season.

"I want to get it over with to concentrate on my senior year," he says.

As a junior Manuel completed 57 percent of his passes for 1,973 yards with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also rushed for 450 yards and six touchdowns.

He's started since his freshman year.
 04-16-2007, 02:57 AM         #1290
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami Hurricane Baseball News.. I know this is mostly football, but fu*k it when I went there I loved the baseball program even tho its a down year. We still reppin them. :applause:

April 15, 2007

CaneSport News Wire

Talk about it in Cane Sports Talk
Enrique Garcia struck out a career-high 12 batters in a complete game performance while outfielders Dennis Raben and Blake Tekotte each hit home runs as Miami (22-15, 8-9 ACC) evened its series against NC State (25-11, 10-7 ACC) with a 5-1 win Saturday afternoon at Mark Light Field. The game lasted two hours and three minutes and was the first complete game thrown by a Hurricane since earlier last season.

Garcia (3-2) tossed eight straight scoreless innings before surrendering a run in the top of the ninth on Pat Ferguson's double to right center, which scored Joe Florio. Florio led off the ninth with a single. Up until then, NC State had only managed three hits in eight innings. Garcia tossed UM's first complete game ever in ACC play and the first since Manny Miguelez threw one last March in a 7-2 win over Indiana.

Tekotte finished 2-for-4 with two runs scored and his first home run this season. Raben ended up 2-for-4 with two RBI and his seventh home run of the season. Mark Sobolewski also drove in two runs for Miami in going 2-for-3.

NC State's Andrew Blackman (6-3) suffered only his third loss. Brackman allowed five earned runs on 10 hits and walked three in seven innings. Sam Brown threw the final inning for the Wolfpack.

Jeremy Synan led State going 2-for-4.

Sobolewski's two-run single scored Tekotte and Roger Tomas putting Miami ahead, 2-0, in the bottom of the third inning. Tekotte hit a one-out single through the right side, before Tomas reached on an infield single. After UM was successful on a double steal, Sobolewski laced a single down the right field line.

Three innings later, Raben hit his second home run of the series down the right field line after a Yonder Alonso walk, putting Miami ahead, 4-0, in the bottom of the sixth.

Tekotte homered off the scoreboard in left field with two outs in the bottom of the seventh giving the Hurricanes the 5-0 lead.

Miami and NC State will wrap up their ACC series at 1 p.m. tomorrow. UM freshman RHP John Housey will face NC State LHP Jimmy Gillheeney.
 10 years ago '04        #1291
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
fa sho', nowhere on the thread says that this is "football only" ^^, we just have made it seem like that

but back to football

April 15, 2007

Related Links:
E.J. Manuel bioVideo highlights

Virginia Beach (Va.) Bayside High School QB E.J. Manuel spent this past weekend in Miami for a combine he wanted to attend.

So he figured he would check out UM's campus while he was there.

And he was blown away after getting a personal tour yesterday from head coach Randy Shannon and receivers coach Marques Mosely. Now Manuel is planning a follow-up visit with his parents for next month.

He's also heading back to campus tonight to meet with offensive coordinator Patrick Nix and quarterback Kirby Freeman.

"I had a great time yesterday with the coaches," said Manuel, who arrived on campus at 8:30 a.m. and remained there several hours. "It's a beautiful campus, a beautiful city. I could see myself living here. The football facilities are nice, and coach Shannon and Mosely both told me they have a lot of money in place for new facilities and redoing everything. Coach Shannon said once I get back down here it's going to be different -– the locker room, everything. The coaches were honest with me, which is how I want to be dealt with.

"The coaches showed me the dorms, engineering building, classrooms -- we walked around and saw everything. I still can't believe all the palm trees."

In addition to the campus tour and meeting with receiver Khalil Jones, Manuel spoke with UM's academic advisor.

"She came and talked to me, gave me the lowdown on biomedical engineering, which is what I plan on doing," said Manuel, who is in the Health Science Academy within his high school.

Manuel also sat down with track standout Amy Seward, who is also from Virginia Beach.

"We're friends -– we were on the track team together when we were younger and we go to the same church back home," Manuel said. "She said if you come here you have to be focused, and I will be focused. I'll be coming for a job and getting to the next level."

Manuel says Cane coaches never asked where UM stands in his recruiting picture.

And he's not saying anything publicly right now.

"It's wide open," Manuel says.

Asked where UM fits in the picture, he says, "Pretty high. I like Miami a lot. They're a powerhouse in the ACC, have a good coaching staff, a new coach in Shannon and Nix. But I'm not going to say 1 or 2 or anything like that."

He does say he hopes to make a decision before his senior season.

"I want to get it over with to concentrate on my senior year," he says.

As a junior Manuel completed 57 percent of his passes for 1,973 yards with 17 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also rushed for 450 yards and six touchdowns.

He's started since his freshman year.
 04-16-2007, 12:14 PM         #1292
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thanks Ra and Cap Peeler... yall steppin ya games up I see

Rakim should be a fu*king MOD by now, but instead we get Ohio State Suckeyes fan AKA DJ Max...
 04-16-2007, 12:21 PM         #1293
t2k1rulz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:|.wow
 10 years ago '04        #1294
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:
thanks Ra and Cap Peeler... yall steppin ya games up I see

Rakim should be a fu*king MOD by now, but instead we get Ohio State Suckeyes fan AKA DJ Max...
That's the same thing i said before they named DJ max new sc mod!. Rakim should've been up there.

Next thing, they're gonna put some fu*king florida state semenhole mod or something..
 10 years ago '04        #1295
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 16, 2007

Related Links:
Jacory Harris bio

A few weeks ago Miami Northwestern QB Jacory Harris thought he had a Miami offer when his coach said he had one.

But now Harris isn't so sure.

"I haven't gotten a written document, and Miami coaches haven't said anything," Harris said. "If I get a Miami offer that would be great. But regardless everything is medium interest, no one is leading. I'm not deciding until after my season."

Harris now lists seven offers: LSU, Alabama, Miami-Ohio, Pittsburgh, FIU, Duke and UCF.

Harris says the Canes could become his leader if he likes what he sees in their offensive style in the coming season.

And, of course, a.ssuming he gets an offer.

What happens with Harris could determine the future of some of his high-profile teammates.

Harris says for now they are all talking about attending Miami together. He's close friends with highly touted prospects like Marcus Fosten, Tommy Streeter, Ben Jones and Sean Spence, who all have Cane offers.

And Brandon Washington, who is transferring to Northwestern for his senior year, has already committed to UM.

"On Friday we were all together talking about UM," Harris said. "They were saying how all of them have offers already, said it would be good if all of us could go there. But we want to make our decision after the season.

"Right now all of us want to go to the same place."

Harris is asked to envision a scenario where a program like LSU offers him and his teammates, while Miami offers the others but hasn't offered him yet. Does he think that would make a difference for his friends who all want to go to college together?

"I really don't know," Harris said. "We'll have to see how it plays out.

"We're all really good friends. We'll see what happens."

Miami needs this kid, he's the fu*king TRuTH!.

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 04-16-2007 at 02:22 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #1296
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11964 11964
give the boy an offer even if he dosent play a down ever ( i heard he has alot of talent anyways )

im down for a package deal with all those players :wow: :wow:
 10 years ago '04        #1297
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
April 16, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Blake Ayles bioVideo highlights

Orange (CA) Lutheran High School TE Blake Ayles received a Hurricane offer two weeks ago in the mail.

"I was definitely really surprised," he said. "I had only gotten one other letter from Miami and then they offered."

He says he has yet to talk to Cane coaches but that Miami will be one of his official visits.

The other visits he knows he's taking right now are Notre Dame and Wisconsin. The other two official visit spots are up for grabs.

"I'm up to 20 offers now," the 6-foot-4, 250-pounder with 4.7-second speed said. "Miami, Notre Dame, USC, UCLA and Wisconsin have offered along with a bunch of others."

Ayles says he'd like to make a final decision by the end of his senior season.

Of UM, he says, "I know they have great tight ends. I watch their games and things like that."

He says he has no clear frontrunners.

"I'm going to base it on my trips, see how I like the trips," he said. "I'm looking for a good team chemistry, having the team and coaches liking each other and the team having fun."

As a junior Ayles had 43 receptions for 600 yards and four touchdowns.

"People compare me to (former Cane) Jeremy Shockey a lot -- everyone compares me to him and how he gets open and how he blocks and how he has fun all the time," Ayles said.

Asked if distance will be a factor in his final decision, Ayles says, "No, not at all."
 04-16-2007, 02:42 PM         #1298
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
USC Trojan here just droppin some respect to the true fans that ain't change their screen name and become Gators. Miami always in the mix and I'm just respectin that even tho last year was kinda rough for y'all. Hope y'all get that Seminole War Canoe next year.
 04-16-2007, 02:43 PM         #1299
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
real recognize real homie.. I know were gonna be seeing USC in the title game for the next 10 years (Hopefully its vs Miami, which I think it will soon enough).. Joe McKnight and Ronald Johnson? Daaaaaaaaaamn
 10 years ago '05        #1300
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 RakimAllahNY said:
real recognize real homie.. I know were gonna be seeing USC in the title game for the next 10 years (Hopefully its vs Miami, which I think it will soon enough).. Joe McKnight and Ronald Johnson? Daaaaaaaaaamn
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
86 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
33 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
37 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
69 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
59 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside SOCCER is better than FOOTBALL and BASKETBALL!!!!!
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
164 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy